Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,131 members, 7,943,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 02:50 AM

Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House (35046 Views)

"We Found Stockpiles Of Dollars, Not Arms In AK Govt. House” — Official / Okowa Denied Access To Office On First Day At Work / What Rochas Okorocha Did To The Imo Govt House (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by dammytosh: 12:07am On Sep 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The police authorities are not fools. No one is above the law. If Gov Amaechi engages in acts that infringes on the laws, it is the constitutional responsibility of the police to call the governor to order. No sentiments. However, if the police acted unlawfully in this instance, then the president should sanction whoever was responsible.
Your desperation to support GEJ on every issue shows dt u are simply what Eko-ILE is to ACN/Fashola or Tinubu.

That said, GEJ is towing the path of destruction. That is y it pays to be a rascal. You can't try this in Lagos or any South Western State.

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by chronique(m): 12:10am On Sep 13, 2013
One thing is evident in this country. Nigerians are the architect of their own problems and would continue to be so. The rate at which the mass media is being used to malign the president is so bad. If this continues,we'd have a scenario where future leaders would suffer this same fate in the hands of the opposition and this would not augur well for us as a nation. Those doing this already know that a lot of Nigerians aren't usually objective in their analysis of things and seeing how sentimental Nigerians can be,they'd do all to make the president guilty in the court of public opinion. Majority of the people who comment on this Amaechi/GEJ do not live in Rivers state and probably have little idea about the true state of things. The headline of this article is malicious as there's nowhere where it states that Amaechi was prevented from entering the govt house in the body of the article. But already,a lot of pple have found it easy to attribute the cause of the problem to GEJ. The sad part is that the uneducated ones would read this and report it in a different way to their folks,thereby,causing unnecessary hatred for the president.

a

4 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by farochron(m): 12:15am On Sep 13, 2013
ujoinme:

Exactly what i expected from an empty vessel like you. resort to name calling when you have nothing to contribute. what a great retort!

Same way I never expected anything constructive from a retard. Just a waste of space on the globe
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Babahor: 12:35am On Sep 13, 2013
The impunity of this GEJ administration is too much to bear.his greed and selfishness is unbecoming of a leader.how come we voted for him cos of tribal and religious sentiments.He is punishing Amaechi because of the NGF chairmanship and all.We must all wake up as Nigerians and shine our eyes in 2015.
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by seedorfabbey: 12:50am On Sep 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The police authorities are not fools. No one is above the law. If Gov Amaechi engages in acts that infringes on the laws, it is the constitutional responsibility of the police to call the governor to order. No sentiments. However, if the police acted unlawfully in this instance, then the president should sanction whoever was responsible.
who is the President and who are those policemen beside?
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by goodgood2(m): 1:11am On Sep 13, 2013
abokinside: Let Gej try this with Kwankwanso or Babangida Aliyu, why harras only Ameachi, try the other renegades too nah! 10 years of Gej govt is a disaster to any nation, he has spent 4 years already with a absolutely nothing tangible to show, so he needs to weep up ethnic and religious setiments cos thats the only way Gej can win an election in Nigeria.
Tears of a typical aboki who is not used to being out of power. I dey feel your useless pains. Lol
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by warrior01: 1:27am On Sep 13, 2013
Kudos to the Nigerian Police for maintaining law and order in the face of undue provocation. Amaechi flouted the directive of the Federal high court to maintain the status quo but went ahead to open a factional office in PH. The police did right by sealing up the place and redirecting traffic to avoid breakdown of law and order by the various factions.
Reading the various comments by the resident kids, I think Nairaland and especially the politics section has finally gone to the dogs. No objective reasoning and these are the so called leaders of tomorrow
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by adanny01(m): 1:38am On Sep 13, 2013
callmenow: The reportage of the journalists based in our country is diabolical. Gov. Amaechi was asked to use the front gate of his mansion because the back gate is insecure. Which any reasonable will agree to very readily. However, because Gov. Amaechi and the commissioner of police (CP) in the state are at logger heads, advice from the police for his own safety is wholly misinterpreted to show the CP in bad light. This is a non story. It is the silly season where anything goes. The fifth estate should avoid lazy reporting to avoid the inadvertent break down of law and order.

No no no no no!!!!!

You have seriously mistaken the scenerio.

No one, i repeat, no one including the CP has the right to stop a sitting Governor from taking a route of his choice to his officially residence. It is the duty of the CP to make sure Ameachi enters the government house through that route even if Somalian pirates lay ambush waiting to kidnap th governor.

The cp can never instruct the governor. Please rethink!

Even if Ameachi manipulated the event, he is still right and will be sympathized with because he didnt park the police vehicles across the road or order them to park their vehicles.

6 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Pribo(m): 1:39am On Sep 13, 2013
So sad to note that most of those who malign the President at any given chance are from the South West and some aboki elements from the North. Amaechi has so rubbished the office he occupies that he makes those who have no respect in their DNA ridicule him in ignorance. To note that this incident happened after Amaechi had received the President at the air port and those "technology miss road" them would jostle for position in insulting the President.
Please let them know that the office of the President is too busy and too important to get involved in almost anything that happens to Amaechi. Obasanjo is quarreling all his former appointees and they wudnt advice him.

2 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by adanny01(m): 1:53am On Sep 13, 2013
Pribo: So sad to note that most of those who malign the President at any given chance are from the South West and some aboki elements from the North. Amaechi has so rubbished the office he occupies that he makes those who have no respect in their DNA ridicule him in ignorance. To note that this incident happened after Amaechi had received the President at the air port and those "technology miss road" them would jostle for position in insulting the President.
Please let them know that the office of the President is too busy and too important to get involved in almost anything that happens to Amaechi. Obasanjo is quarreling all his former appointees and they wudnt advice him.

Bros!

If you so much believe that the south west and the north 'malign' with you and your bro who had no shoes, why do you still have hope that some one from otuoke will have a chance to win an election in 2015?

You can as well tell you bro to stop fighting retire in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Seriousbusiness: 1:53am On Sep 13, 2013
s3nn2x: Guy, you really surprise me. Why must you support GEJ in everything, even if he is wrong?

Don't mind the eediot,he is broke and needs appointment frm Aso rock so darely.
His name is Segun Adeniyi (works under obasanjo and yaradua ).With people like this ,Nigeria can never move forward .
He is supposed to have been crushed on this forum long time .He is so desperate to fact that even If Jonathan kill his mother he is always right.Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by porka: 1:59am On Sep 13, 2013
Pribo: Pls the media shud not be seen as a ready tool in the hands of political jobers. Amaechi has earlier in the day thru his COS opened a parallel PDP office on Forces Avenue about three streets away from the Govt House back gate. The Police had stopped that lawlessness and had sealed off the office (which was Amaechi's former campaign office) and the adjoining streets.
The Gov'nor was going to the GH thro this blocked forces avenue and was barred from passing thro that road. He eventually went thro the main gate. Pls the facts shud be put straight. IF YOU BRING ANTS INFESTED FIREWOOD. ....

They shouldn't have prevented him from going to the government through any route without his knowledge/consent.

It is insane!

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Nobody: 2:03am On Sep 13, 2013
mafioso47: also a sign of The End smiley
me no talk tinz oo
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by porka: 2:07am On Sep 13, 2013
HAH: I dare Goodluck Jonathan and the IGP to try this with Rabiu Kwankwaso of kanoor Wammako of Sokoto then we will see if they really have balls.

Balls?

You must be a joker.

Three states, Yobe, Borno and Adamawa are under a state of emergency with heavy military presence.

If I were you, I would downplay the "balls" aspect.

Blocking a governor from entering his government house, without his consent, is condemnable though.
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by porka: 2:09am On Sep 13, 2013
PEStyOFlife: Jonathan had better learned from history coup started this way oooo.....

#team i pity Nigeria

How old are you?
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Seriousbusiness: 2:11am On Sep 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You guys are just shameless hypocrites. How many of you cried foul when Amaechi and his gang of northern governors cloned the PDP and called it newPDP and sacked the PDP leadership? Is it constitutional to clone an already existing body? It seems what determines what is wrong or right depends on whose on the receiving end. If the president is on the receiving end (like the newPDP) you celebrate but when those on the other end are at the receiving (eg NGF election, Rivers crisis) you scream illegality.

I insist that the police has every right to stop the governor if what he's about to do will lead to break down of law and order. You guys forgot that president can declare state of emergency all over nation or any part of the country. When it comes to law and order or enforcing the law, extra-ordinary measures can be taken. I deal with FACTS, not sentiments. I also stated that if the reason for stopping the governor was not because of law and order or enforcing the law, then the police is wrong and those involved in the act should be sanctioned. That is my position

I used to think u re truely a sincere Nigerian, bt now I know u re one of the greatest hypocrite.Segun ,sorry to say u Ve lost ur respect .Men like u re coward and quote me u ll regret it come 2015.Say the truth and let the devil be ashamed.

2 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by uhuns: 2:58am On Sep 13, 2013
chronique: One thing is evident in this country. Nigerians are the architect of their own problems and would continue to be so. The rate at which the mass media is being used to malign the president is so bad. If this continues,we'd have a scenario where future leaders would suffer this same fate in the hands of the opposition and this would not augur well for us as a nation. Those doing this already know that a lot of Nigerians aren't usually objective in their analysis of things and seeing how sentimental Nigerians can be,they'd do all to make the president guilty in the court of public opinion. Majority of the people who comment on this Amaechi/GEJ do not live in Rivers state and probably have little idea about the true state of things. The headline of this article is malicious as there's nowhere where it states that Amaechi was prevented from entering the govt house in the body of the article. But already,a lot of pple have found it easy to attribute the cause of the problem to GEJ. The sad part is that the uneducated ones would read this and report it in a different way to their folks,thereby,causing unnecessary hatred for the president.

a

my brother
how I wish most people can see it frm ur point of view. I will bet that most persons reading ur write up lack compression or plain deem witt.
God bless us all.
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Pribo(m): 4:37am On Sep 13, 2013
porka:

They shouldn't have prevented him from going to the government through any route without his knowledge/consent.

It is insane!
It is more insane for him a product of the judiciary to act with contempt. The courts sacked an elected Gov'nor (Omehia) and brought him, nobody opened a parallel government house. He sacked an elected local government executive nobody opened a parallel local government secretariat. Now a court has sacked his party exco and his rascality has instructed him to open a parallel party office. Haba. I wonder why people outside the state just use every space within Amaechi to insult the President. We have never had a Gov'nor so rascal and arrogant since the creation of Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by texaco1: 4:48am On Sep 13, 2013
chronique: One thing is evident in this country. Nigerians are the architect of their own problems and would continue to be so. The rate at which the mass media is being used to malign the president is so bad. If this continues,we'd have a scenario where future leaders would suffer this same fate in the hands of the opposition and this would not augur well for us as a nation. Those doing this already know that a lot of Nigerians aren't usually objective in their analysis of things and seeing how sentimental Nigerians can be,they'd do all to make the president guilty in the court of public opinion. Majority of the people who comment on this Amaechi/GEJ do not live in Rivers state and probably have little idea about the true state of things. The headline of this article is malicious as there's nowhere where it states that Amaechi was prevented from entering the govt house in the body of the article. But already,a lot of pple have found it easy to attribute the cause of the problem to GEJ. The sad part is that the uneducated ones would read this and report it in a different way to their folks,thereby,causing unnecessary hatred for the president.

a
spot on. God bless you. Judging from the way people many people have been commenting here on this topic I can see the reason why nigeria educational system is in dire need of a state of emergency. It was written in the report that the gov was asked to take an alternative route ,what is bad in that?so even if there was a bomb on the road which the police are trying to defuse people here still want amaechi to pass that same route .with the way the social media is been used to ridicule the president I foresee in the nearest future that a govt will come clamp down hard on nigeria social media sites.these politicians know that many nigerians that uses these social media can't reason reasonably ,that is why they are having a field day toying with nigerians mentality and intelligence
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by kabba7(m): 4:58am On Sep 13, 2013
This. Is one of the reason (s) why living in the south western part of Nigeria will continue to be more apealling for very long time to come . Who born BAGA 4 a commissioner of police to block an acces way into government house wallahi nobody born the papa of that cp. That type of rubbish can only happen in the SS ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ SE because even a drunken Jonathan will not attemp that in the north .
Can vividly remember the case of Late Nnamdi Azikwe during his life tine he went to Maiiduguri for campaiign ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ a certain CP then by name Tahiru Jidda try to block his way even when the then Governor came there that is now history. Though that is history no cp will ever try that in the north as it would be. Asked WhaT type of bush animal is called Jonathan or is it Zoonathan ? ?
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by texaco1: 5:02am On Sep 13, 2013
porka:

Thbro ey shouldn't have prevented him from going to the government through any route without his knowledge/consent.

It is insane!
bro please ,what do u mean without his consent or knowledge?security situations can change at any given times ,they informed him when he got there and amaechi been a sensible person obeyed knowing fully well that the police was doing their job.if he was allowed to pass through and maybe something happened on his was in ,you people will be the first to come here and say why wasn't he redirected to take another route .amaechi himself is not making any fuse about this issue .he was simply asked to follow another gate that is all .

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Nobody: 5:48am On Sep 13, 2013
kabba7: This. Is one of the reason (s) why living in the south western part of Nigeria will continue to be more apealling for very long time to come . Who born BAGA 4 a commissioner of police to block an acces way into government house wallahi nobody born the papa of that cp. That type of rubbish can only happen in the SS ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ SE because even a drunken Jonathan will not attemp that in the north .
Can vividly remember the case of Late Nnamdi Azikwe during his life tine he went to Maiiduguri for campaiign ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ a certain CP then by name Tahiru Jidda try to block his way even when the then Governor came there that is now history. Though that is history no cp will ever try that in the north as it would be. Asked WhaT type of bush animal is called Jonathan or is it Zoonathan ? ?

Bros abeg park well when Ladoja was removed with less than 2/3 majority what happened? When ibadan and oyo state was turned to a personal property of the late adedibu what happened? Today lagos has become a personal property of Tinubu as he goes on looting the state and installing family members as senators and state legislators.He has even gone ahead to impose his duaghter as the market leader!! Stop ranting .It can also happen in the sw and nothin othher than the usaual noise will happen

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by phildon: 5:54am On Sep 13, 2013
ujoinme:

Why must you always bring the issue of the military take over! it is either you are too young to remember how bad it was in those days or you are one of those who benefited from the military largesse.

In democracy everywhere,there is always power tussle and leaders use whatever means to secure power, there is one ongoing between Amaechi and the present admin. Thats usual in a democracy time will tell who will prevail.
Before you guys start casting stones i will advice that you wait till the real story comes out. do you guys know what circumstances surrounded the police blockade? did they know it was the gov? did they think it was someone else trying to access the govt. house? did the police know the gov. itinerary? until more information is out on the issue, we all will be making baseless assumptions.

for you who is advocating military take over remember as much as i do not like the way GEJ and amaechi are going about their disagreement,that in military days Amaechi will not be acting the way he been acting towards the govt. at the centre. He is accorded this rights because we have democracy hence ability to dissent.
No matter how bad our democracy is we should all be rooting for it because the worst democracy is better than the best military rule. and as nigerians we know this by experience.
Pls in what way has Amaechi been acting against the govt at the centre? The constitution that made the president is still the same one that made the governor. So what is your problem?

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by softwareman(m): 6:01am On Sep 13, 2013
texaco1: bro please ,what do u mean without his consent or knowledge?security situations can change at any given times ,they informed him when he got there and amaechi been a sensible person obeyed knowing fully well that the police was doing their job.if he was allowed to pass through and maybe something happened on his was in ,you people will be the first to come here and say why wasn't he redirected to take another route .amaechi himself is not making any fuse about this issue .he was simply asked to follow another gate that is all .
Simply asked to follow another route because the police was sealing up a party office? Is that the same as blocking the route of the governor? The more you try to provide justifications for this absolute senselessness the more ridiculous you sound. What you guys are failing to see is that when you create a precedence that evil may come back to haunt you later.

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by rooftech: 6:13am On Sep 13, 2013
i hope calling for a bloody coup de grace is not treason because its obvious gej desperation for 2015 will put nigeria under
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by texaco1: 6:17am On Sep 13, 2013
software man:
Simply asked to follow another route because the police was sealing up a party office? Is that the same as blocking the route of the governor? The more you try to provide justifications for this absolute senselessness the more ridiculous you sound. What you guys are failing to see is that when you create a precedence that evil may come back to haunt you later.
I won't trade insults with u,but read the report again and this time around read it slooooowly and carefully then digest it,maybe then you will understand the situation better.
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by raymonvilla: 6:27am On Sep 13, 2013
naa waa oo we are not in democracy nw this is a dictative, military regime is better dan dis call democracy we are practice
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by sayso: 6:34am On Sep 13, 2013

a
Did you see the attached pictures?

2 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by ShehuAba(m): 6:43am On Sep 13, 2013
One of the greatest problem of this country is SENTIMENT.
We tend to bring in sentiment into every discussion,action etc.
Let's put sentiment aside and hit the nail on the head.
From reports so far, it's apparent that:
i- A New PDP secretariat was opened.
ii- It was later sealed
iii- Amaechi wasn't allowed to follow a particular to his house.
iv- The police is yet to say anything on it
v- Pictures already seen and the statement credited to River's commissioner of info confirmed that it's true.
To be sincere:
There's Something Fishy Here.
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by chronique(m): 7:15am On Sep 13, 2013
Do you know how to read properly? The headline says he was prevented from entering govt house but the body states that he was asked to take an alternative route to the govt house. The police had blocked that route due to the opening of the secretariat of "the new pdp" and members of the state pdp had gone there to stop the opening of the secretariat. To avoid a chaos,the police ordered it to be closed and blocked the road leading there. There is a big difference between preventing him from taking that route and preventing him from entering govt house. This is pure falsehood and misinformation by the media and things like these would only destroy our democracy.
sayso:
Did you see the attached pictures?
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 13, 2013
s3nn2x: Guy, you really surprise me. Why must you support GEJ in everything, even if he is wrong?

That is his day job. That is what he is paid to do online.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Shirsha Adi Dies At 61 (Photo) / Breaking: Boko Haram Members Denounce Membership Of Sect / Oba Akiolu & His Son Meet Buhari In Saudi Arabia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.