Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,351 members, 7,974,468 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 05:04 AM

The Bible Forbids Tattoos - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Forbids Tattoos (27098 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway / Does The Bible Forbids Taking Of Alcoholic Drinks Or Strong Wine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
Don't try t̲̅Ơ encourage urself or ūя̲̅ concience. What is bad is bad, simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by johnnyblakes(m): 1:03pm On Sep 15, 2013
Nuzo':
I'm not a fan of elaborate and poorly done tattoos...especially on females. And this is only cos it looks so dirty and irresponsible.

However, Christians are not bound by any law of the old testament.

My life starts and ends with the life and instructiions of christ.
dnt decieve ursef my dear,JESUS did not condem any law in the old testament,if trully abraham's blessing are urs,then u shud obey the law of the old testament.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Gloria3389(f): 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
I dont knw why christians hate the truth...i dont knw y they like to squeez d truth nd bend it to their own satisfaction....why do u need to tatoo urself in d first place?....u need to check if u re truly saved if u tatoo urself as a xtian....? Or did jesus tatoo himself wen he was alive?...and u want to reign wit christ?....i doubt ur salvation

1 Like

Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by kwajahafiz(m): 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
Millenia: It is Like a phlegm to see Christians Tattoo their Bodies, Mostly some Young girls and others who are in church choirs and who attend churches have tattoo on various places of their Bodies.

It is unfortunate to experience this Abominable act and most of then cannot be blamed because they Think they are actually serving God , But they are not serving hm at all.

A lot of things are happening in Christendom world Today and it relates to the amount of spiritual desolation that has come over churches all in the name of carelessness and pleasure and luxury living.A lot of Christians believe going to church's is being born again and that their heart matters instead of their appearance as the false minister's have also deceived them.

However, Leviticus 21:5 forbids making Incisions and tattooing of of any kind on the body, Unfortunately, people of the world place tattoos of my people they have killed on their bodies, People they have lost or dead relatives and living people.

.DEUTERONOMY 14:1 forbids making such tattoo's or incisions of dead people on the living either for any form of memorial or any form of obeisance. No wonder many Christians run into problems of seeing themselves being chased by dead spirits, bad dreams, nightmares, eating and drinking in the dreams, being used as a slaves and sent strange errands because they have tattooed their skin with various images of animals and people.

The other danger in this practice is That Occultists, satanists, and other evil societies use it to sign and covenant people with The devil, Demons.In other words Incision is the Strongest link Of blood covenant between an Individual and Satan or demon spirits. It Brings About satanic Possession, obsession, depression, retrogression,and oppression.

If such has happened to you in Ignorance, you have a solution and is to Break the covenant with whatever Image and spirit or tattoo you put on your body.If it is the Name of an Individual or demon , pray with Isiaiah 14:28 and break such covenants, or seek Deliverance form the church God directs you to as you pray and ask.

Tattoo is a sign you belong to someone

Poster you are a fundementalist nut....and u have a very poor knowledge of the bible. I am assuming that according to your misinterpretations all our fore fathers who tatooed thier skins due to thier cultural demands will be rotting in hell yea....lunatic.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by victorv12(m): 1:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
Yeah we know! The bible forbids having s*x and committing adultery too! The bible did not arrive directly from heaven by fax. It was written by mortal men and therefore prone to error.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by richybanky(m): 1:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
oyedun82: me com dey read dis long thing thinkin it wil soon finish
Lmao grin
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by tchigofigo(m): 1:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
spongeback: Old Testament, in the New Testament Jesus tore the curtain in the temple which signifies liberty. You can come worship God just as you are in spirit and in truth. undecided
d curtain dt u r referring to is d 1 dt seperates the holy place in d sanctuary 4m d most holy place-d place only permitted entrance to by d High Priest..on d day of atonement..Jesus is our High Priest nw n he has paid d supreme SACRIFICE..,d SPLITTING of d curtain to reveal d Most Holy place in d temple, a place privy to d eye of d public save d High Priest, signifies an end to all Sacrificial activities n ordinances.,all pointing to Christ..dt does nt guarantee LIBERTY as u inferred, to do anytn, esp 2 our bodies.,the temple of God..

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Mznaett: 1:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
uromi.com:
what of who draw jesus face na where he belong to?
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...he belong 2me...

1 Like

Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
oyedun82: me com dey read dis long thing thinkin it wil soon finish
I knew someone was going to quote that post embarassed angry Mtcheeew!
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by faithgokz(f): 1:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
[quote
author=Nuzo']I'm not a fan of elaborate and poorly done
tattoos...especially on females. And this is only cos it looks so dirty
and irresponsible.

My life starts and ends with the life and instructiions of
christ.[/quote] hmm. . u mean u r nt bound by any law of d old testament! Are the 10 commandments nt dre?? Dat means u dnt follow it bcox itx in d old testament! Broz, think!
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by victorazy(m): 1:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
Classy girls don't have tatoos because no one will internationally scratch Bentley or A private jet e.g Genevive Nnaji. And if you have one, then your a Danfo or Araba e.g Tonto Dikeh.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by toluene12: 1:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
lokito: With the way girls draw tattoos nowadays, in 30 years time we will have a lot of grand mothers with tattoos. Lmao

Today's grandmothers and great grandmothers have tatoos on their bodies.
Observe ur environment.
Stop displaying ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
Millenia: It is Like a phlegm to see Christians Tattoo their Bodies, Mostly some Young girls and others who are in church choirs and who attend churches have tattoo on various places of their Bodies.

It is unfortunate to experience this Abominable act and most of then cannot be blamed because they Think they are actually serving God , But they are not serving hm at all.

A lot of things are happening in Christendom world Today and it relates to the amount of spiritual desolation that has come over churches all in the name of carelessness and pleasure and luxury living.A lot of Christians believe going to church's is being born again and that their heart matters instead of their appearance as the false minister's have also deceived them.

However, Leviticus 21:5 forbids making Incisions and tattooing of of any kind on the body, Unfortunately, people of the world place tattoos of my people they have killed on their bodies, People they have lost or dead relatives and living people.

.DEUTERONOMY 14:1 forbids making such tattoo's or incisions of dead people on the living either for any form of memorial or any form of obeisance. No wonder many Christians run into problems of seeing themselves being chased by dead spirits, bad dreams, nightmares, eating and drinking in the dreams, being used as a slaves and sent strange errands because they have tattooed their skin with various images of animals and people.

The other danger in this practice is That Occultists, satanists, and other evil societies use it to sign and covenant people with The devil, Demons.In other words Incision is the Strongest link Of blood covenant between an Individual and Satan or demon spirits. It Brings About satanic Possession, obsession, depression, retrogression,and oppression.

If such has happened to you in Ignorance, you have a solution and is to Break the covenant with whatever Image and spirit or tattoo you put on your body.If it is the Name of an Individual or demon , pray with Isiaiah 14:28 and break such covenants, or seek Deliverance form the church God directs you to as you pray and ask.

Tattoo is a sign you belong to someone
hypocrite, because you do not have a tattoo you are free to condemn others who have, remember the cup with which you judge will be used in judging you too.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by pro2010: 1:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
anitank: The bible forbids fornication too... undecided

Not that I have any tattoos or planning to get any but why are we always particular about some kind of 'sins' and choose to turn a deaf ear to others??

Fornication of all sins? This seems to bother you or why did it attract your interest?
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by lolaxavier(m): 1:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
Abeg this one too na tatoo...abi no be incision...

Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
damn it,there is nothing freaking wrong in wearing a tattoo.
The sin someone without a tattoo commits everyday is enough to make God hand him over to the devil himself.
angry
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
Mr Aboki: It reeks of sheer hypocrisy to single out the pasage that talks about Tattoos in the old testament book of leviticus and ignore the other rules that the same leviticus talks about in the following passages..

So since we are listing sins and aborminable christian practices, how about we talk about sins like:

0. Homosexuality: “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.” —Leviticus 20:13.

1.   Death penalty for using the Lord’s name in vain

“He who blasphemes the name of the Lord shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him; the sojourner as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death.” (Lev. 24:16)

2.   Prohibition against eating pork

“And the swine, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. Of their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch; they are unclean to you.” (Lev. 11:7–cool

3.   Mandating of animal sacrifices

“If anyone sins unwittingly in any of the things which commanded not to be done, and does any one of them, if it is the anointed priest who sins, thus bringing guilt on the people, then let him offer the sin which he has committed a young bull without blemish to the Lord as a sin offering. He shall bring the bull to the door of the tent of meeting before the Lord, and lay his hand on the head of the bull, and kill the bull before the Lord. … And all the fat of the bull of the sin offering he shall take from it, the fat that covers the entrails and all the fat that is on the entrails, and the two kidneys with the fat that is on them at the loins, and the appendage of the liver which he shall take away with the kidneys … and the priest shall burn them upon the altar…. (Lev. 4:1–10) 

[NOTE: The first several chapters of Leviticus are devoted to mandatory animal sacrifices, such as the wringing of turtledoves’ necks, the cutting open of goats and bulls, and the vivisection of female lambs, for various sins.]

4.   Death penalty for spiritualists

“A man or woman who is a medium or a wizard shall be put to death; they shall be stoned with stones, their blood shall be upon them.” (Lev. 20:27)

5.   Human slavery sanctioned

“As for your male and female slaves whom you may have: you may buy male and female slaves from among the nations that are round about you. You may also buy from among the strangers who sojourn with you and their families that are with you, who have been born in your land; and they may be your property. You may bequeath them to your sons after you, to inherit as a Possession for ever.” (Lev. 25:44–46)

6.   Prohibition against eating fat

“It shall be a perpetual statute throughout Your generations, in all your dwelling places, that you eat neither fat nor blood.” (Lev. 3:17)

7.   Forbidding of hair and beard trimming

“You shall not round off the hair on your temples or mar the edges of your beard.” (Lev. 19:27)

8.   Prohibition against eating crab, clams, oysters

“Everything in the waters that has fins and scales, whether in the seas or in the rivers, you may eat. But anything in the rivers that has not fins and scales, of the swarming creatures in the waters and of the living creatures that are in the waters, is an abomination to you. They shall remain an abomination to you; of their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall have in abomination. Everything in the waters that has not fins and scales is an abomination to you.” (Lev. 11:9–12)

9.   Death penalty for adultery

“If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbor, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death.” (Lev. 20:10)

[Leviticus lists four other kinds of adultery for which the death penalty is also mandatory.]

10.  The profanity of disabled individuals

“For no one who has a blemish shall draw near, a man blind or lame, or who has a mutilated face or a limb too long, or a man who has an injured foot or an injured hand, or a hunchback, or a dwarf, or a man with a defect in his sights or an itching disease or scabs or crushed testicles; no man of the descendants of Aaron the priest who has a blemish shall come near to offer the Lord’s offerings by fire; since he has a blemish, he shall not come near to offer the bread of his God…He shall not come near the veil or approach the altar, because he has a blemish, that he may not profane my sanctuaries…” (Lev. 21:18–23)

11. Other prohibitions

“Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.” (Lev. 19:19)

Basically, you can't practice mixed farming or wear clothes made with multiple materials.

So why are you only focused on Tattoos?
Thank you very much. I have said it several times, if you're going to use Leviticus 19:28 to defend your point, then be prepared to quote the verses before and after that verse so as to avoid sounding hypocritical. I do not fancy tattoos but people need to take a good look at themselves before condemning others. There are many laws in Leviticus 19 which people turn a blind eye to but they only remember that chapter when it comes to tattoos and then single out verse 28.

Then when it comes to the other laws of Moses, the same people will say they don't follow the Old Testament, they're now born again in Christ and are following the New Testament. Bunch of hypocrites, I swear.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by peterphd(m): 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
victorazy: Classy girls don't have tatoos because no one will internationally scratch Bentley or A private jet e.g Genevive Nnaji. And if you have one, then your a Danfo or Araba e.g Tonto Dikeh.

Bunch of BS! Its body art.you can add extra designs to your Ferrari
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by toluene12: 1:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
ogwumgbe: But you collect tithes and offerings from the old testament and your prosperity preaching. Where in new testament is tight preached? slowpoke, keep deceiving yourself and being deceived by your blind pastors.

Jesus spoke about tithe and he encouraged xtians to practise it.
Paul also spoke about tithe and he said it's an honourable thing to do.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Godson201333(m): 1:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
krugar07: you are fond of this

are you a spectator on here? grin grin
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by fr3do(m): 1:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
Grfdsd
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by sulakishop(m): 1:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
Only God will Judge. If you are condemning Tattoo, what about tribal marks that some of us have? And what about stretch marks acquired by many these days?
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by cold(m): 1:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
@op,i take it these folks are hell bound through no fault of theirs. See how you justify the atheist position that your god is just one sick creature ignoring the pressing issues in life & focusing on frivolities

1 Like

Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by scarletdp(m): 1:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
Mehn to d OP n dose sayin its true, catarrh dey una eye... My own bible says do not shave or trim ur beards or have tattoos or incision WHENEVER YOU MOURN THE DEAD.... Jeez is dt part nt in yours... Hw cum u picked just tattoo n left out d beard or head shaving.. Well d ans is simple you shave ur beards bt u don't have tattoo... Dts y u can open dt round hole on ur face u call mouth...mscheeew... Nw I blv nt all with brain have sense...

1 Like

Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by tbagjames(m): 1:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
aaronson: Only God Can judge me!!!
Even the Bible has condemned it already and you are here saying only God can judge. Am sure His judgement wont favour you
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Memyselfu2009(m): 2:06pm On Sep 15, 2013
This dude is very right the bible condemned it
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
E be like say I miss road - this must be the Taliban thread. cheesy
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Memyselfu2009(m): 2:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
@l olaxavier and cold facial mark is different from tattoos
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by scarletdp(m): 2:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
tbagjames:
Even the Bible has condemned it already and you are here saying only God can judge. Am sure His judgement wont favour you
what did d bible... Mr man read d whole verse before u type... Dint u c shave ur head der... Or beards... Why dint u choose dose ones...don't take d bible part by part... Take it wholly... Don't pick what suit u...

1 Like

Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Youngzedd(m): 2:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
Nuzo':
I'm not a fan of elaborate and poorly done tattoos...especially on females. And this is only cos it looks so dirty and irresponsible.

My life starts and ends with the life and instructiions of christ.

Said by who

The way you guys turn the word of God upside now baffles me a lot.

Now tell me, the commandment is it in new or old testament

He is the God of yesterday, today and tomorrow.

His standard never change.

Lets not deceive ourselves.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Iruolycious(f): 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
Gloria3389: I dont knw why christians hate the truth...i dont knw y they like to squeez d truth nd bend it to their own satisfaction....why do u need to tatoo urself in d first place?....u need to check if u re truly saved if u tatoo urself as a xtian....? Or did jesus tatoo himself wen he was alive?...and u want to reign wit christ?....i doubt ur salvation
Did Jesus cut his hair?
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by alarm4: 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
what about Tribal mark and native style mark find some e.g Basira,fatima,kudirat,latifa,aaliyhat and so on?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shiloh 2022: Covenant Highways (Live Thread) / Benny Hinn In Abuja For Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, Christ Embassy Crusade (Photos) / Pastor Olukoya: Will The Women Enlarging Their Buttocks Make Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.