Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,082 members, 7,946,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 01:26 AM

The Bible Forbids Tattoos - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Forbids Tattoos (27058 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway / Does The Bible Forbids Taking Of Alcoholic Drinks Or Strong Wine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Youngzedd(m): 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
ItsModella:
Thank you very much. I have said it several times, if you're going to use Leviticus 19:28 to defend your point, then be prepared to quote the verses before and after that verse so as to avoid sounding hypocritical. I do not fancy tattoos but people need to take a good look at themselves before condemning others. There are many laws in Leviticus 19 which people turn a blind eye to but they only remember that chapter when it comes to tattoos and then single out verse 28.

Then when it comes to the other laws of Moses, the same people will say they don't follow the Old Testament, they're now born again in Christ and are following the New Testament. Bunch of hypocrites, I swear.

I will like to make a little correction.

Moses don't have law. He is a messenger who only deliver the instructions given to Him.

Moses don't have law.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by hollypagan: 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2013
i have snake on my body ,i dnt think its that bad
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Iruolycious(f): 2:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
Youngzedd:

I will like to make a little correction.

Moses don't have law. He is a messenger who only deliver the instructions given to Him.

Moses don't have law.
Don't confuse urself. All laws given by God thru Moses are not binding on christians. Thats y Jesus came.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Redhot111(m): 2:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
aaronson: Only God Can judge me!!!
God n "urself" can avtually judge u. And I hv noticed dat most pple dat are hasty in sayin "only God can judge me" are actually doin so because dia conscience is pricking dem already. He dat lives clean isn't afraid of criticism.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Jaynim(m): 2:43pm On Sep 15, 2013
Uhh....Why should anyone get a tattoo in the first place?It's needless.For those saying 'Old Testament'. . . . Please Think about this:Why does the Bible consist of both old and new testament?Why not the 'New Testament' alone?. . .
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by tonychristopher: 2:46pm On Sep 15, 2013
when you put on tatoo not campin with responsibility but making yourself look ire and irresponsible. Have you ever thought how stupid and foolish you will look if you are old think of the whole lot of explanation you will make to you kids and grand kids when you tell them why you did this as for me i see tatoo as a mark of surge of stupidity and i take the ladies as whores whom i cont and cant and wont marry. Ever imagined taking a tatoo babe to marry or show her to your parents. Have you seen an old woman that has tatoo on her ragged and sagged skin thats how you will be
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by chezholy(m): 2:49pm On Sep 15, 2013

1 Like

Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by doctorbabs(m): 2:49pm On Sep 15, 2013
spongeback: Old Testament, in the New Testament Jesus tore the curtain in the temple which signifies liberty. You can come worship God just as you are in spirit and in truth. undecided

you better search for true God, stop deceiving urself. in mattew 5v17 jesus said do not think i have come to abolished the laws but to fulfil it.

Hell fire is real oooo

1 Like

Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Iruolycious(f): 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
tonychristopher: when you put on tatoo not campin with responsibility but making yourself look ire and irresponsible. Have you ever thought how stupid and foolish you will look if you are old think of the whole lot of explanation you will make to you kids and grand kids when you tell them why you did this as for me i see tatoo as a mark of surge of stupidity and i take the ladies as whores whom i cont and cant and wont marry. Ever imagined taking a tatoo babe to marry or show her to your parents. Have you seen an old woman that has tatoo on her ragged and sagged skin thats how you will be
Tattooes aren't decent, true. But are christians bound by Lev. 19? No. If u must preach, u must preach d truth and explain to pple where decency comes in. The fact still remains that in as much as tattoos aren't decent, All Laws given thru Moses are no longer binding on christians.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Ezyp(m): 2:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
Those of u quotting lev19:28, i would say go and read the whole of lev19 and come back here to comment if not shout up

1 Like

Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by krugar07(m): 2:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
Godson201333:

are you a spectator on here? grin grin
no. i am fishing out the self righteous evil doers.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by victorazy(m): 3:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
peterphd:

Bunch of BS! Its body art.you can add extra designs to your Ferrari

Fvck u
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Iruolycious(f): 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
doctorbabs: .

you better search for true God, stop deceiving urself. in mattew 5v17 jesus said do not think i have come to abolished the laws but to fulfil it.

Hell fire is real oooo
Mtcheew... Hell fire is real so watch it b4 u end up right there. If Jesus came to fulfill the law( which he has done) y then do u hypocrite expect any1 to b bound by it still? D law has bn fulfilled. Christians dnt have any business there any longer. So if u r keepin 1 of d laws, u had better keep the others includin d sabbath or u will b condenmed by ur own ignorant self righteousness. Plz, read ur Bible with understandin bcs u err bcs u dnt have a gud understandin of d Bible.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by powerblaze(m): 3:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
spongeback: Old Testament, in the New Testament Jesus tore the curtain in the temple which signifies liberty. You can come worship God just as you are in spirit and in truth. undecided

The new testament came to confirm the old testament.. They're both from God, and He'll NEVER lower His standards for you, me,or anyone..
In your quote,'just as you are',and 'spirit and truth' are completely different..
Pls o, read God's word with understanding, so you dont get a rude shock on judgement day.

God bless you
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by jascopassion(m): 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2013
Wonder why people will see the truth and still try to move into darkness. It has been written jst according to Lev 19:28
Tattoo is a taboo.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by ThaProphet(m): 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
Millenia: It is Like a phlegm to see Christians Tattoo their Bodies, Mostly some Young girls and others who are in church choirs and who attend churches have tattoo on various places of their Bodies.

It is unfortunate to experience this Abominable act and most of then cannot be blamed because they Think they are actually serving God , But they are not serving hm at all.

A lot of things are happening in Christendom world Today and it relates to the amount of spiritual desolation that has come over churches all in the name of carelessness and pleasure and luxury living.A lot of Christians believe going to church's is being born again and that their heart matters instead of their appearance as the false minister's have also deceived them.

However, Leviticus 21:5 forbids making Incisions and tattooing of of any kind on the body, Unfortunately, people of the world place tattoos of my people they have killed on their bodies, People they have lost or dead relatives and living people.

.DEUTERONOMY 14:1 forbids making such tattoo's or incisions of dead people on the living either for any form of memorial or any form of obeisance. No wonder many Christians run into problems of seeing themselves being chased by dead spirits, bad dreams, nightmares, eating and drinking in the dreams, being used as a slaves and sent strange errands because they have tattooed their skin with various images of animals and people.

The other danger in this practice is That Occultists, satanists, and other evil societies use it to sign and covenant people with The devil, Demons.In other words Incision is the Strongest link Of blood covenant between an Individual and Satan or demon spirits. It Brings About satanic Possession, obsession, depression, retrogression,and oppression.

If such has happened to you in Ignorance, you have a solution and is to Break the covenant with whatever Image and spirit or tattoo you put on your body.If it is the Name of an Individual or demon , pray with Isiaiah 14:28 and break such covenants, or seek Deliverance form the church God directs you to as you pray and ask.

Tattoo is a sign you belong to someone

Excuse me Mr Officer, do you also know that "apparently"

1. "God forbids wearing of garments that consist of linen and wool" (Leviticus 19: 19)- I bet you that what you are wearing right now is mixed fabric. Don't believe me? Look at the label lol
2. "God also forbids shaving your beard" (Leviticus 19: 27&28) - Like the modern day Jews who practice Judaism with sideburns long enough to tie humans up. Ah! It is the same scripture that says you should not have tattoos. Definately, I am certain that you abide by this also and your face looks like big cotton wool or a bird's nest grin
3. Oh, I thought the beard one was bad. Priests are also not allowed to cut their hair and should not have dreadlocks (Ezekiel 44:20). Seeing as you are preaching God's word here, it is safe to assume you are a priest. You are definately performing priestly duties here. Do you, my brother go to the barber at all? "God doesn't want that!"
4. Usually people who are against tattoos for biblical reasons tend to be against body piercings also. Lets talk nose rings for example. Most christians will say Hell No! (My bad, most will omit the "hell" ). However in Ezekiel 16:12, " And I put a jewel in your nose, earrings in your ears, and a beautiful crown on your head" - God apparently did this himself which means there is nothing wrong with it.

This can continue forever. The hypocrisy christians display is sometimes downright disgusting. I am not accusing you nor do I mean to sound insulting however, my aim is to make you have a rethink. It is silly to isolate a certain part of the scripture to prove doing a certain thing is wrong. This aplies to what I have listed also. If God was talking to the children of Jacob and said they should not do something, it applies to the Children of Jacob only unless otherwise stated don't take it out of the context and put a "one size fits all" label on it. Last time I checked, I am not related to Jacob. I am more likely related to Sango, Oya or Ahmadioha lol.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
what if i have a tatoo of the holy cross , a praying hand or a bible passage inscribed in hebrew or chinese?
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Oguieke(m): 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
olumaxi: If tatoo is a sign i belong to som1..i gues i'l change my snake tatoo to Jesus tatoo
SNAKE TATTOO ON UR BODY? ar u a cobra? think u need to see tb Joshua for 5months deliverance prayers&cleansing
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by haibe(m): 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2013
Gloria3389: I dont knw why christians hate the truth...i dont knw y they like to squeez d truth nd bend it to their own satisfaction....why do u need to tatoo urself in d first place?....u need to check if u re truly saved if u tatoo urself as a xtian....? Or did jesus tatoo himself wen he was alive?...and u want to reign wit christ?....i doubt ur salvation

Another illogical reasoning, so because Jesus did not go to school it means i should not too right or because Jesus wore robes and not trousers then am sinning wearing trousers right?

The intention of the tatoos is what makes it sinful or not, a lot of people have tribal tatoos and hypocrites like you would never condemn it.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Exponental(m): 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2013
@op, I just read ur bible cotes n they refer to cuts. Tattoos are drawings not necessarily cuts!
Stop deceiving pple with ur understanding!!
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by peterphd(m): 4:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
victorazy:

Fvck u
Go f*** yourself first.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Judas2013: 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
jascopassion: Wonder why people will see the truth and still try to move into darkness. It has been written jst according to Lev 19:28
Tattoo is a taboo.

If you base your way of life on a book that was written by unknown authors. Dont you think something is wrong upstairs?

People get tattoos for various reasons. firstly, to show the world something that we want them to associate integrally with who we are, or secondly, to remind ourselves of something that we might see as integral to who we are or what we stand for. I think often what we are trying to achieve is an inward change, but it’s much easier, for instance, to have the word ‘courage’ tattooed on us than actually acting with courage. Perhaps if one sees the word ‘courage’ on one’s skin each day, one might be compelled to beocme more courageous. Pretty much, we really need to look at our motivations before getting a tattoo.

Is tattoo a sin to God? We need to ask ourselves which of the gods? Does God genuinely exist? If he does, isn't he more concerned about hunger,poverty,solar flares hitting the planet he built in seven days? Some farmers put tattoos on cows,sheep and goats.... Is God unhappy with that too? Is it possible for Nigerian christians to reason with their brains for ones? I guess not!
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by doconair: 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
present ur body as a living sacrifice ,holy nd pleasing to GOD cos ur body is HIS temple
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Judas2013: 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
Or if i end up tattooing the whole bible verses on my body,christians am i still going to hell? grin grin
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
Like many issues in the Bible, there are contradictions. On one hand, there is the prohibition against tattoo then there is the question

Does Jesus have a Tattoo in Revelation 19:16 ?
It states:

Revelation 19:16 (King James Version)

16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Judas2013: 4:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
doc on air: present ur body as a living sacrifice ,holy nd pleasing to GOD cos ur body is HIS temple

Is life itself all about pleasing a god? What about you?
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by doconair: 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
Judas2013:

If you base your way of life on a book that was written by unknown authors. Dont you think something is wrong upstairs?

People get tattoos for various reasons. firstly, to show the world something that we want them to associate integrally with who we are, or secondly, to remind ourselves of something that we might see as integral to who we are or what we stand for. I think often what we are trying to achieve is an inward change, but it’s much easier, for instance, to have the word ‘courage’ tattooed on us than actually acting with courage. Perhaps if one sees the word ‘courage’ on one’s skin each day, one might be compelled to beocme more courageous. Pretty much, we really need to look at our motivations before getting a tattoo.

Is tattoo a sin to God? We need to ask ourselves which of the gods? Does God genuinely exist? If he does, isn't he more concerned about hunger,poverty,solar flares hitting the planet he built in seven days? Some farmers put tattoos on cows,sheep and goats.... Is God unhappy with that too? Is it possible for Nigerian christians to reason with their brains for ones? I guess not!
u need salvation
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by doconair: 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
Judas2013:

Is life itself all about pleasing a god? What about you?
who created you?
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by olufisayoakin: 4:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
Let's say d truth dis Devils hand work
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by doconair: 4:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
Exponental: @op, I just read ur bible cotes n they refer to cuts. Tattoos are drawings not necessarily cuts!
Stop deceiving pple with ur understanding!!
read romans 12 chap 1 to 3
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by doconair: 4:31pm On Sep 15, 2013
haibe:

Another illogical reasoning, so because Jesus did not go to school it means i should not too right or because Jesus wore robes and not trousers then am sinning wearing trousers right?

The intention of the tatoos is what makes it sinful or not, a lot of people have tribal tatoos and hypocrites like you would never condemn it.

U nid d baptism of the holyspirit
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by bookface: 4:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
Millenia: It is Like a phlegm to see Christians Tattoo their Bodies, Mostly some Young girls and others who are in church choirs and who attend churches have tattoo on various places of their Bodies.

It is unfortunate to experience this Abominable act and most of then cannot be blamed because they Think they are actually serving God , But they are not serving hm at all.

A lot of things are happening in Christendom world Today and it relates to the amount of spiritual desolation that has come over churches all in the name of carelessness and pleasure and luxury living.A lot of Christians believe going to church's is being born again and that their heart matters instead of their appearance as the false minister's have also deceived them.

However, Leviticus 21:5 forbids making Incisions and tattooing of of any kind on the body, Unfortunately, people of the world place tattoos of my people they have killed on their bodies, People they have lost or dead relatives and living people.

.DEUTERONOMY 14:1 forbids making such tattoo's or incisions of dead people on the living either for any form of memorial or any form of obeisance. No wonder many Christians run into problems of seeing themselves being chased by dead spirits, bad dreams, nightmares, eating and drinking in the dreams, being used as a slaves and sent strange errands because they have tattooed their skin with various images of animals and people.

The other danger in this practice is That Occultists, satanists, and other evil societies use it to sign and covenant people with The devil, Demons.In other words Incision is the Strongest link Of blood covenant between an Individual and Satan or demon spirits. It Brings About satanic Possession, obsession, depression, retrogression,and oppression.

If such has happened to you in Ignorance, you have a solution and is to Break the covenant with whatever Image and spirit or tattoo you put on your body.If it is the Name of an Individual or demon , pray with Isiaiah 14:28 and break such covenants, or seek Deliverance form the church God directs you to as you pray and ask.

Tattoo is a sign you belong to someone

Rubbish!

Of all the problems in the world, you reckon the most pressing subject on God's mind is that little tattoo you've got on your forearm? How about kids that are dying of starvation in Somalia? and Your pastors that would rather spend their billions on private jets than solve the world's problems?

What is wrong with you stupId people for Christ sake? It is exactly because of rubbish preachings like this that have stopped or prevented many from turning to the Lord. You sound like the Pharisees who condemned the Lord for healing someone on Sabbath! - Knowing and living by the law is not how you make heaven, you dumb chit! Jesus was clear enough when he said their are two commandments: Love God and Love your neighbour! -- Love God with all your heart and your soul, then Love your neighbor with all your heart and your soul - nothing is greater, nothing is better, nothing more is required.

It is because of people like this that i have stopped attending many churches. They are good at spinning a particular verse of the bible whilst ignoring the rest when it suits them - very much like the devil himself. They are good at making themselves look like saints, by pointing out your errors - "Oh brother bookface, you have sinned by looking at that pretty damsel over there because the book of Isiah said ...."

Just Shut UP you ijiots!

Blessed is he who realizes that the Bible itself is a guide. First it It teaches you history - by explaining how God related to people many centuries ago.
Second It guides you through the present - by explaining how to learn to love God, to grow in the spirit, and to have a relationship with the Lord. Your daily relationship with the Lord is how you learn to avoid sin, your spirit simply tells you something is right and something is wrong. You CAN'T avoid sin by reciting every law in the Bible and checking them off a list.

Third, it guides you into an expected future, and the coming of the king!

Christians should stop listening to all these fake brothers and sisters, who simply want to pass of as the holiest of the holiest.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor / Queen Of CYON Lagos Archdiocese: Right For Churches To Organize Beauty Pageants? / Peter Mutharika Rejects T.B Joshua's Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.