Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,903 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:50 PM

For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! - Family (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! (113281 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? / Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nogen: 2:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
ileobatojo:

Buka, don't guilt or scare this woman into marrying this guy. No curse can stick if she makes good faith effort to do things right. About the unquantified things you mentioned, that is true for any relationship, doesn't mean one can't end it whenever you want.

You don't commit yourself into a relationship you knew wasn't going to work. I remember in my second year in the Uni, a friend in Europe sent me some Euros. My mum got to know of it, she wasn't pleased at all. She made sure every cent was returned. She said when you collect such gifts from a man, it means you have consented.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
Ngokafor: @Vure,this is my take on your case....am sorry but i dont entirely buy your story about the so-called possessivenes of your guy,me think your eyes have been opened to see that you can do better 'husband wise' now that he has tushed you up so to speak.The guy is/was a craddle-snatcher no doubt but i blame you and your mum(am sorry) more for allowing a MAN single-handedly see you through school like he's father christmas or something,that is so wrong cos the poor guy was clearly doing so cos he wanted to marry you and am sure you all knew that!!...now you appear stuck with no easy way out

...my dear,you owe him a whole lot and complaing about his 'possessive nature' will not cut it right now cos am sure you knew how 'bad' he was all the while he was doling out cash to you in school,yet you kept on fleecing him...a really tricky situation you have found yourself in...what a pity!

...i didnt mean to be judgmental but i can imagine how crushed and taken for a fool this guy would feel if you dump him now(whch i suppose is inevitable)...

I agree with everything you said except calling this guy a craddle snatcher. He is yet to sleep with her at 21. Even if they started dating when she was 17, is that too young? Dont some women get married at 19? You have spoken well except that little bit!
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by bukatyne(f): 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
Nashville:

I agree with everything you said except calling this guy a craddle snatcher. He is yet to sleep with her at 21. Even if they started dating when she was 17, is that too young? Dont some women get married at 19? You have spoken well except that little bit!

The age difference na wire!
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by bukatyne(f): 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2013
ileobatojo:

Buka, don't guilt or scare this woman into marrying this guy. No curse can stick if she makes good faith effort to do things right. About the unquantified things you mentioned, that is true for any relationship, doesn't mean one can't end it whenever you want.

The truth is that she has given this guy her consent (spoken or unspoken) that's why he trained her through school. He might have wanted her to 'concentrate' as a student or mature that was why he did not marry her.

Wiser men who practice this style usually marry the girl first before sponsoring. With that, they are sure that their investment will not be in 'vain'.

I can bet that if the man was younger, more polished, handsome and richer, she might not have noticed all the flaws she complains of now

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
Nogen:

You don't commit yourself into a relationship you knew wasn't going to work. I remember in my second year in the Uni, a friend in Europe sent me some Euros. My mum got to know of it, she wasn't pleased at all. She made sure every cent was returned. She said when you collect such gifts from a man, it means you have consented.

So if you commit yourself to a relationship you can never leave? What about broken engagements? The bride that canceled her wedding and invited the homeless nko? Was she not committed? People that marry and divorce? Did they not commit themselves? There are no guarantees in matters of the heart except you are saying people can no longer express their free will in relationships.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
Nashville:

I completely disagree with you. Calling this man a predator is very unfair. He never slept with her even at age 21. He sent her through school and has not demanded anything in return. If anything, he believes Vure loves him out of her own free will because that is what she has made him believe. He may have character flaws like everyone else but he is not a predator - you can go check the definition again. The lesson goes both ways and in this case may be more for the ladies. The man has not done anything wrong and its very possible that when Vure eventually tells him she is not interested, he may even take it well. But I will advice when breaking up, get some men around you including a cardiologist!

The fact that they have not had sex does not mean he is not a predator.

I believe he is an abuser that carefully selected his prey. You don't believe he is an abuser so there lies the difference.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
bukatyne:

I can bet that if the man was younger, more polished, handsome and richer, she might not have noticed all the flaws she complains of now

And it would be to her detriment, so kudos to her for noticing them and educating herself.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
bukatyne:

The truth is that she has given this guy her consent (spoken or unspoken) that's why he trained her through school. He might have wanted her to 'concentrate' as a student or mature that was why he did not marry her.

Wiser men who practice this style usually marry the girl first before sponsoring. With that, they are sure that their investment will not be in 'vain'.

Very well said. She is feeling guilty cos she knows she may be in the wrong. I do not think she should marry the guy out of pity of indebtedness. Marriage is a life long commitment and she should not marry him, but please we should not call this man predator and other hateful words cos he clearly isnt. If he were a predator, he would have married the girl first and then sent her to school after one or two kids.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
Lets wait the man to abuse before calling him one. Give him the benefit of doubt . cheesy

I think the girl here is the abuser undecided lipsrsealed cheesy.

She ate his money and him never chop Pomo. Now she wan run.
You never start!

3 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
Nashville:

I completely disagree with you. Calling this man a predator is very unfair. He never slept with her even at age 21. He sent her through school and has not demanded anything in return. If anything,he believes Vure loves him out of her own free will because that is what she has made him believe. He may have character flaws like everyone else but he is not a predator -
I agree with Nashville on this.
@Vure, its obvious you know what you want, I don't think anyone's advice is going to change that.
Be careful cuz what goes around...
Like I said earlier, if u've already made up your mind about ending the relationship, ensure you Mom is doing the talking or at least present when u break d news to him.
Do what u have to do & do it FAST.
NOTE: Nobody is perfect oo. Whatever makes u want to leave him be sure its not what u can overlook. (this does not include an abusive nature PLS)
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by esmeralda1(f): 2:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
I think we r blowin things out of proportion here, several pple usually av some iota of doubt about who they r going out with,5yrs is long n he never abused u, i feel u r just a young lady that wants to explore her youth, its understandable however but i think u should look out for more signs like the way he treats d ladies around him, i still think u should find out about his ex(s)
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by RoyalRoy(m): 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
Chillisauce: Lets wait the man to abuse before calling him one. Give him the benefit of doubt . cheesy

You never start!

theLORDreigns:

Else, you are coming off as someone who just finished enjoying the good side of a maga & suddenly wants out when its their turn to bend over. undecided
I sincerely hope I'm wrong about that last part, dear

My thoughts exactly too.........
After 5yrs of funding, no sex...now you are independent and suddenly he is an abuser?
Has he raised his hands against you ever?

How come his "protectiveness" is now a sign of abuse?

I tire for some women o!

5 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
Chillisauce:
Lets wait the man to abuse before calling him one. Give him the benefit of doubt . cheesy

You never start!

Exactly!
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nogen: 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
ileobatojo:

So if you commit yourself to a relationship you can never leave? What about broken engagements? The bride that canceled her wedding and invited the homeless nko? Was she not committed? People that marry and divorce? Did they not commit themselves? There are no guarantees in matters of the heart except you are saying people can no longer express their free will in relationships.

So, she should hang the dog by giving it a bad name! What goes around surely comes around.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
Lets work with the info we have, vure is wild, and his bobo wants her to calm down, who wouldn't?

Now she says she thinks he is one because he said he will kill any man that touches her. I say it's normal if you really love the person, there must be an atom of love there.

However, she knew what she bargained for so she has to keep to her promise. You still love this dude but now you have arrived you are feeling like dumping him.

For me, he is not an abuser but someone who wants to protect his own grin. It's typical.

Vure, don't go bringing out the beast in this man o. You never know what he went through for his love for you. You want to use and dump him.

You are one hell of an abuser, abuse his love, time, finance and still have the gut to think he is one.

Naija girls, change o

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by OmoAlata1(f): 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
After the last few posts, I can see why some women in Vure position maybe too scare to talk, cos of fear of being judged and dissected.

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by RoyalRoy(m): 3:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
Omo_Alata: After the last few posts, I can see why some women in Vure position maybe too scare to talk, cos of fear of being judged and dissected.

Why not try and dissect her posts too?

When has protection of someone you love regarded as an abuse?

A man who dates a lady for 5yrs without sex and has the generosity to fund her & get her a job sure has a very soft spot for her!!

Think about it Omo_Alata, are those signs of an abuser?

4 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
Ngokafor: @Vure,this is my take on your case....am sorry but i dont entirely buy your story about the so-called possessivenes of your guy,me think your eyes have been opened to see that you can do better 'husband wise' now that he has tushed you up so to speak.The guy is/was a craddle-snatcher no doubt but i blame you and your mum(am sorry) more for allowing a MAN single-handedly see you through school like he's father christmas or something,that is so wrong cos the poor guy was clearly doing so cos he wanted to marry you and am sure you all knew that!!...now you appear stuck with no easy way out

...my dear,you owe him a whole lot and complaing about his 'possessive nature' will not cut it right now cos am sure you knew how 'bad' he was all the while he was doling out cash to you in school,yet you kept on fleecing him...a really tricky situation you have found yourself in...what a pity!

...i didnt mean to be judgmental but i can imagine how crushed and taken for a fool this guy would feel if you dump him now(whch i suppose is inevitable)...

This is exactly my thoughts on this issue. I wouldn't label this man as an abuser. I think @vure is just looking for flaws to make her conscience clear when she decides to free this man. At least, she'd console herself by saying she left him cos he was showing abusive tendencies. This man saw you all through school and even got you a job so I do not think he's even as possessive as you making it seem. The little jealousy and possessiveness I have read in your post so far is natural IMO. You are young, a virgin(which is obviously a big plus to him) and he managed to keep off you so that he'd have you to himself on your wedding night. He knows you are young, yes, very young and the set of friends you have will definitely be withing your age range, wanting to explore their youth and all, which is of course normal if done with decency. I think he's just protecting his 'wife-to-be' from predators out there who might want to reap where they did not sow. Yeah, he nutured you and in a way made you who you are today and expects to be paid back, and not to be introduced to the younger boys who know nothing about your background.

Are you indebted to him? Capital YES. Your fault and your mother's

Must you marry him? NO.

If you do, you'd have a loveless marriage which would be worse for both of you.You would be miserable and he may end up being that abuser when he starts noticing you do not love him... and then you'd both be back to being single. so why bother?

Keep your job, be dilligent and dependent, enough of the dependence already! talk to your mother, let her know what and how you feel, come up with reasonable ways of approaching this man, and even though I know its going to be a bitter pill for this man, I hope he would accept it in good fate in the long run and not resort to force or violence. All the best, and I hope you have learnt your lessons.

5 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nogen: 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
Omo_Alata: After the last few posts, I can see why some women in Vure position maybe too scare to talk, cos of fear of being judged and dissected.

So, it is right for her and her likes to abuse, use and dump innoncent guys?
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2013
No one is judging her, but from what she has written, am trying to find a link with the abuse, undecided..maybe it's me, I don't get it.

If she doesn't love him anymore, she should let him know but as in terms of abuse. I still never get it
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 02, 2013
Royal Roy:

Why not try and dissect her posts too?

When has protection of someone you love regarded as an abuse?

A man who dates a lady for 5yrs without sex and has the generosity to fund her & get her a job sure has a very soft spot for her!!

Think about it Omo_Alata, is that signs of an abuser?
An abusive person never wants their partner to progress. Someone had earlier posted how her abusive husband didn't allow her defend her project talk-less of getting a job.
From experience, I can tell you that when I left my abusive partner, I was in my university final year at the time. My ex called my level coordinator & tried to bribe him into giving me multiple spill-overs. His exact words to the man were "I never want her to graduate" It took d intervention of GOD for me to be where I am today. No abusive person wants their victim to succeed.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nogen: 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
theLORDreigns:
An abusive person never wants their partner to progress. Someone had earlier posted how her abusive husband didn't allow her defend her project talk-less of getting a job.
From experience, I can tell you that when I left my abusive partner, I was in my university final year at the time. My ex called my level coordinator & tried to bribe him into changing my results & giving me multiple spill-overs. His exact words to the man were "I never want her to graduate" It took d intervention of GOD for me to be where I am today. No abusive person wants their victim to succeed.

God bless you
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2013

God bless you!! It's really quite scary.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nogen: 3:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
ileobatojo:

Why didn't she quit when she was still in the Uni? She waited till he saw her through sch and even got her a job to accuse the man of having tendencies of an abuser! Abeg abeg abeg

8 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2013
ileobatojo:

This thread is for abused women and men. Vure has not been abused at all. She was asking if her relationship could potentially be abusive and she also mentioned she does not love the guy and cannot spend the rest of her life with him. Please tell me what anyone has done wrong? No one said she should marry him out of indebtedness, all we have said is that are we sure she is the victim here?

5 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by pickabeau1: 3:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
I don't think anyone is judging vure..

But calling the man an abuser because she wants to be on her own could be misleading

This is a safe haven and people have been welcomed

We can only work with the info we have

If she does not love d man; that is different

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
You again? undecided your username sure suits your person on nairaland.

Shush jooo and stop being directly judgemental
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
Vure, has started working and can take care of herself if anything happens. If she wanna wait, she can wait, if she doesn't wanna marry him no more, her choice. But as per abuse, I don't think she is passing through one as per what she has described.

The man is on the receiving end abeg!
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by OmoAlata1(f): 3:30pm On Oct 02, 2013
jennykadry:
You again? undecided your username sure suits your person on nairaland.

Shush jooo and stop being directly judgemental

Continue with the love for me Jenny, Muah grin

2 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 02, 2013
If she has seen a younger guy let her say so, that way intelligent people like myself will know how to advise her and choose wisely

4 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
Omo_Alata:

Continue with the love for me Jenny, Muah grin

Ofcourse I love you, what's there not to love about an omo alata kiss undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (111) (Reply)

My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / Husband Caught His Cheating Wife, Snapped And Framed The Picture / Best Reply To When Your Wife Says No Sex Tonight..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.