Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,127 members, 7,887,260 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:06 AM

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) - Religion (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) (65545 Views)

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 22, 2013
Joshthefirst: ^^^

Sir, please report to the admin and stop trying to cause more division.

How does one report to an admin?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by italo: 7:48am On Nov 22, 2013
striktlymi:

You made some very valid points but um...I don't think the comparison you drew fits in perfectly into the situation at hand. A private property is quite different from what we have here on nairaland. There is really no rule that says folks can't post in any thread they want to. The only rule is that they post on topic always.

If we make the topic of our discourse about any individual and the individual makes a response, then I really do not think the individual is posting off topic. Like I mentioned before, the law that applies to property ownership in the real world does not really apply here on nairaland and as such Enigma wasn't exactly wrong to comment in that thread.

If on the other hand, he made his comment when no one mentioned his 'name' then I believe you would have been in a better position to argue your case out because I believe there is this 'unwritten rule' that we are expected to respect the 'spirit' in which threads are created. This rule guides all existing chat threads. So if Catholics want privacy, we should have it, if and only if we make comments that do not aggravate others.

I agree with you here but there is a way we can go about that discourse without necessarily inviting 'outsiders' into that thread. There was a time, Muslims in the Islam for Muslim section had a discussion on how best to keep 'trouble makers' out and the discourse went on without aggravating anyone or mentioning any 'names'. I think we should learn from that.

Yes, we can learn a lot going forward. However, I need to be cleared on something.

By "post on topic always," do they mean post according to what is being discussed at the moment you posted? (Which is what that lonely old lady was definitely doing)

I dont think so. That would mean that if a thread has been derailed by the last post, the next poster must continue the derailing by continuing on the derailer's topic. It would also mean that if the last post on "A Thread For Catholics" is about Mary, I cannot post about mass or purgatory. That would be unthinkable.

By "topic," I believe what is meant is the title of the thread and the OP.

That would make more sense to me. And the bored old lady clearly contravened that.

Also, if we cannot respect that unwritten rule and post according to the spirit in which a thread was opened, then there would be many ways for bored organisms to circumvent it.

E.g would it be okay for me to derail the non-christian thread if I go there and find any uncharitable thing about Christians? Or is it only the mention of one's name that should permit a derailment? If so why?

The best way to answer those questions is for each person to respect that unwritten rule regardless, I think.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by italo: 7:50am On Nov 22, 2013
Joshthefirst: ^^^

Sir, please report to the admin and stop trying to cause more division.

Oh! I am the one trying to cause division? How?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by italo: 7:51am On Nov 22, 2013
rationalmind:

How does one report to an admin?

Yes, I think I'd like to know that too.

I having a feeling it will come in handy soon.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Enigma(m): 7:56am On Nov 22, 2013
Crrybaby wants to run to Police; then to Admin! wink

After that where --- to court? To GEJ? To United Nations? grin

And through it all lonely ladies and others will still be laughing at crybaby and exposing the lies, fraud and forgeries of the idolatrous Roman Catholic Church organisation. grin

cool
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Syncan(m): 8:01am On Nov 22, 2013
cool
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Joshthefirst(m): 8:04am On Nov 22, 2013
italo:

you could create a thread on the general section.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by italo: 8:10am On Nov 22, 2013
Joshthefirst: you could create a thread on the general section.

Ah! Is that how to reach the admins?

Thanks.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ishilove: 8:52am On Nov 22, 2013
Enigma:

To be honest, even me self I'm actually feeling a little sorry for the Roman Catholics here -- well, at least some of them.

I get this funny picture that when some of them go to confession, "fada" will be asking them ----- but who on earth is this Enigma noooow, that is causing you to have these evil thoughts and feelings! grin

On a serious note, some of the Roman Catholics are the cause of their own downfall! When they go about calling others heretics, calling their churches "shops", in fact saying they are not even churches at all ---- well, they deserve what they get in return.

cool
grin grin
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:55am On Nov 22, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Dear LORD!!! *Palmface*

Dealing with Satanists is simpler: just press the ban button and praise da lord.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:04am On Nov 22, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: try Italo's solution to tobechi for a day, in the muslims section and bring the feedback on friday evening by 9pm.

Case ardjurned. grin

To solve the mess of jesus followers, Christian mod looks to Islam for inspiration.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:09am On Nov 22, 2013
italo:

Yes, we can learn a lot going forward. However, I need to be cleared on something.

By "post on topic always," do they mean post according to what is being discussed at the moment you posted? (Which is what that lonely old lady was definitely doing)

I dont think so. That would mean that if a thread has been derailed by the last post, the next poster must continue the derailing by continuing on the derailer's topic. It would also mean that if the last post on "A Thread For Catholics" is about Mary, I cannot post about mass or purgatory. That would be unthinkable.

That would make more sense to me. And the bored old lady clearly contravened that.

Also, if we cannot respect that unwritten rule and post according to the spirit in which a thread was opened, then there would be many ways for bored organisms to circumvent it.

E.g would it be okay for me to derail the non-christian thread if I go there and find any uncharitable thing about Christians? Or is it only the mention of one's name that should permit a derailment? If so why?

The best way to answer those questions is for each person to respect that unwritten rule regardless, I think.

That's the problem with unwritten rules: nobody knows what they are.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:09am On Nov 22, 2013
italo:

Send pm to mukina.

You will most likely be ignored anyway.

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by italo: 9:35am On Nov 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Send pm to mukina.

You will most likely be ignored anyway.

And we say Nigeria will be better?

Make them moderators and they're this unfair. What happens if they're in Govt?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 22, 2013
italo:

Well, for the 'conventional' threads the OP would be the yard stick to determine what is or what is not on topic but for the 'unconventional' ones e.g the chat threads, it is basically 'anything' and 'everything' the partcipants decide to deliberate on, as I do not expect a chat thread to have any specific topic guiding its entire discourse.

At the time the discussion specific to Enigma came up, that became the topic and really when a discussion about an individual comes up, the individual is at liberty to contribute to discourse even when he/she was uninvited.

I believe the invite, though not direct, is implicit. If we don't want someone in then the individual shouldn't get a mention, especially when we are saying something 'negative' about that individual. This too should be the case for any chat thread, whether it is the Christian chat thread or the non-Christian chat thread.

As for respecting the spirit in which a thread is created, I think this should be a two way thing. If we want others to respect our privacy, we should also be ready to respect them as well and not speak of them in any 'negative' light.

Anyways, all the above are irrelevant if the ish has been soughted out already. As you said, going forward, we all have to apply all that we have learnt.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by italo: 10:02am On Nov 22, 2013
^^^

The issue has not been sorted out.

The bored old lady is still posting anti-Catholic content even though no one mentioned his name since the initial time.

https://www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics/26#19709698

What could be our offence this time? smiley
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 22, 2013
italo: ^^^

The issue has not been sorted out.

The bored old lady is still posting anti-Catholic content even though no one mentioned his name since the initial time.

What could be our offence this time? smiley

Tough!

I thought all was well again....I guess I was wrong. I see from the thread that you guys have ignored the last comment Enigma made. I guess ignoring his comment would be appropriate at this time while you guys may report him via the report to moderator button.

I am a bit busy now with work.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ajibam: 10:34am On Nov 22, 2013
@enigma and other anti - Catholics,
any negative word address to the Catholics in their thread wil not be taken lightly.. you can argue or question their belief, but don't use any provoking or negative statement against them..
especially enigma..

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by italo: 10:35am On Nov 22, 2013
striktlymi:

Tough!

I thought all was well again....I guess I was wrong. I see from the thread that you guys have ignored the last comment Enigma made. I guess ignoring his comment would be appropriate at this time while you guys may report him via the report to moderator button.

I am a bit busy now with work.

Okay bro...enjoy your day.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Enigma(m): 10:56am On Nov 22, 2013
Ajibam: @enigma and other anti - Catholics,
any negative word address to the Catholics in their thread wil not be taken lightly.. you can argue or question their belief, but don't use any provoking or negative statement against them..
especially enigma..

But they can call me "heretic", "devil" among many other terrible things ---- because it is on their "thread"?

And it is my thread too --- because I too am a catholic ----- even if necessary, a "Catholic"! smiley

smiley
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by italo: 10:57am On Nov 22, 2013
Ajibam: @enigma and other anti - Catholics,
especially enigma..
Check to see if these and her other posts there are the kind of negative words you mean...
https://www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics/25#19686714 https://www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics/26#19709698
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:46am On Nov 22, 2013
Followed threads no longer highlight. Why?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:55am On Nov 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Followed threads no longer highlight. Why?
New developments
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by italo: 12:18pm On Nov 22, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: New developments
^^^

The bored old lady is still posting anti-Catholic content even though no one mentioned her name since the initial time.

What could be our offence this time?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
italo: ^^^

The bored old lady is still posting anti-Catholic content even though no one mentioned her name since the initial time.

What could be our offence this time?
is Enigma female That's deformation of character.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Enigma(m): 12:30pm On Nov 22, 2013
Whiny crybaby is a liar two-fold. smiley

First he says he does not read my post but now he is reporting them! wink

Second, he forgets that one only needs to look above hmy post that he is reporting to read his own posts and what he and his compatriots were doing with "devil" that informed my post! smiley

Above, all my post viloated NO rule and insulted no one particularly. smiley

Oh, and bored old ladies and others will keep pointing out the lies, fraud and forgeries of the idolatrous Roman Catholic Church organisation. smiley

cool
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ayokunle2130: 12:31pm On Nov 22, 2013
Humbledbygrace please
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Enigma(m): 12:32pm On Nov 22, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: is Enigma female That's deformation of character.

Oh ho, you see!

They can dish insults but when you hit them with even just a little they start crying like babies. Or threaten to go to Police station .... or to Admin ... or maybe to United Nations! grin

smiley

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:36pm On Nov 22, 2013
Ayokunle2130: Humbledbygrace please
you have a complaint
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
Enigma:

Oh ho, you see!

They can dish insults but when you hit them with even just a little they start crying like babies. Or threaten to go to Police station .... or to Admin ... or maybe to United Nations! grin

smiley
this no dey tire me o....
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ayokunle2130: 12:40pm On Nov 22, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: you have a complaint
yes, you are not attending to it. Please isn't it your job to attend to complaints?

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (96)

Mike Bamiloye Reacts To Tope Alabi’s Apology To Adeyinka Alaseyori / The Cowardice Of Atheism / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo, His Wife And Children On Vacation (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.