Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,886 members, 7,942,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 01:46 AM

How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? (18319 Views)

Guys Share Your Heartbreak Stories. / How Did You Heal From Your First Heartbreak? / How Do You Let Go Of A Good Man/Woman Or Heal From Such Break Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Shugarlipz(f): 10:04am On Oct 09, 2013
I healed very fast wen I realized dat I deserved better wink
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by tintingz(m): 10:08am On Oct 09, 2013
I will look for a glue and gum my heart back since it is broken... undecided
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by tellwisdom: 10:11am On Oct 09, 2013
Everytime na heartbreak. Neck, leg, hand no dey break too?? angry

I want to hear a relationship where a head was broken angry
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by bolagabriella: 10:12am On Oct 09, 2013
chokl8candie:
will try but getting her out of the house will b another issue . Tried conviencing her to agree goin on a blind date wiv a single frnd of mine ...she looked at me as if i ws high or smth. But i'll try engagin her in other out door activities b4 she evn thinks of suicide
don't set on a blind date wt any friend,better still take her to a classic club or lounge,places where she can meet lotta guys/men.seeing the guys looking at her and appreciating her beauty will make her feel sexy about herself once again.a sexy woman is a powerful woman cos it will make her feel lively and adventous.let her make the decision of dating by herself,instead of pushing her to date,encourage her to flirt.
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 09, 2013
Omolola1: 1. I gave myself some time - knowing that I have been thinking about him non-stop before the heartbreak, I decided that was the time to take a step back, look at my life and move on to the next challenge. I took a weekend off to do what I love doing, watch movies! I surrounded myself with those that made me happy, friends and family, in order to get distracted.

2. I let myself grieve - it's normal to feel sad and depressed, I didn't hold back the tears, coz I believe going through grief is just another step along the path of recovery.

3. I removed all his memories from my everyday life - Pictures, journals. Though, it wasn't easy, but I made an effort to even if it was a temporary removal, coz I never burned any of his pictures grin

4. I disconnected him from all the social networks I use. Unfriend on facebook, unfollow on twitter etc.

5. Daily exercise and ate so much grin

6. I remained optimistic, reminding myself of everything I have and how lucky I am each time I remembered d past.

With some differences, this is essentially what I did, particularly #1, 2, 4 and 6. It helped to grieve, to miss her and all, but I never let myself think that we could or would get back together when I finally accepted to let it go.
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 09, 2013
190-the-clown:

if thats the case return all MY MONEY ive spent on you

I nor do again angry angry

Is it by force to MARRY -
na by force angry
what if he never spent a dine on her? I ve once dated a guy who never spent 20 naira on me.infact, I never knew the colour of his 5 naira note or if he uses the same money I use cos he never spent kobo on me. Since the guy knows he has a fiance why did he lead her on? Its really unfair

1 Like

Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 09, 2013
Omolola1: 1. I gave myself some time - knowing that I have been thinking about him non-stop before the heartbreak, I decided that was the time to take a step back, look at my life and move on to the next challenge. I took a weekend off to do what I love doing, watch movies! I surrounded myself with those that made me happy, friends and family, in order to get distracted.

2. I let myself grieve - it's normal to feel sad and depressed, I didn't hold back the tears, coz I believe going through grief is just another step along the path of recovery.

3. I removed all his memories from my everyday life - Pictures, journals. Though, it wasn't easy, but I made an effort to even if it was a temporary removal, coz I never burned any of his pictures grin

4. I disconnected him from all the social networks I use. Unfriend on facebook, unfollow on twitter etc.

5. Daily exercise and ate so much grin

6. I remained optimistic, reminding myself of everything I have and how lucky I am each time I remembered d past.

With some differences, this is essentially what I did, particularly #1, 2, 4 and 6. It helped to grieve, to miss her and all, but I never let myself think that we could or would get back together when I finally accepted to let it go.

And I buried myself in every work that I could find.
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by djeezy(m): 10:14am On Oct 09, 2013
tellwisdom: Everytime na heartbreak. Neck, leg, hand no dey break too?? angry

I want to hear a relationship where a head was broken angry
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 09, 2013
[quote author=djeezy][/quote] grin
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 09, 2013
Shit happens.. You jux ve too move on.
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Youngpo413: 10:30am On Oct 09, 2013
190-the-clown:

relationship to me IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY you Hear ALL ABOUT THE MONEY

dont give me High BP this morning abeg!! i cant shout angry angry

1 Like

Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by lonipeter(m): 10:30am On Oct 09, 2013
Popowaa: smh,paranoia.Imagine this ,a guy once told me if the gf doesnt ask him for money then meaning the girl is cheating and so what do u expect the girl to do?Blame urselves.

You're making sense my dear, not every guy believes money is everything. I wouldn't want to be loved just because of my money. Love is acceptance of personality, not property. I just hope and pray that everyone would just get the mate they deserve, and that settles it. The OP's friend should just brace herself up and thank God she didn't end up with such a cheat. It's a blessing in disguise, trust me.
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by obelisk(m): 10:31am On Oct 09, 2013
Rebounded mercilessly with multiple partners both concurrently and consecutively until the pain left and I got my heart and conscience back. cool
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Kaxmytex(m): 10:32am On Oct 09, 2013
Pesin wey dem carry sledge hammer knack im heart..,hw dat 1 wan take heal?

Infact! Dat 1 no b heartbreak again sef,e don turn 2 heart fragment
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:33am On Oct 09, 2013
I ganja-ed.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 09, 2013
Heart break is difficult I had mine when a 4yr relationship was cut short by a text message from her, it is not just about guys alone it is on both sides. I was devastated couldn't concentrate because it came as a shock, lost out on contracts couldn't concentrate on an ongoing one and it was withdrawn and even contemplated sucide.

How did I deal with it, I told myself that I have to take steps to move on prayed about it and immediately moved on not looking back. What one should know is that during heartbreak a tremendous ammount of energy is generated, I re-access my options and discovered that for every guy there are ladies more better than who just left out there.

Never condemed her but totally avioded her, nothing at the time should remind me of her. Looked into self and made resolutions to improve in every aspect, these were things I did with the energy and I made sure I ruthlessly pursued my business, never thought about dating for the next year, I made lady friends though but never punished them by going into a relationship without a heart and thus I got healed.

undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Chitexs250(m): 10:36am On Oct 09, 2013

Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by kezyuzoeto(m): 10:37am On Oct 09, 2013
Blackberry tourch1 for sell at a giv away price
Its neatly used and sound...contact kizito @
07033171485....."Lagos"
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 09, 2013
Drink a cup of Coffee,dress up go to gym,I bet u if u can train for 3 hour u we 4get it d next day.
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by 190: 10:40am On Oct 09, 2013
mz mariah: what if he never spent a dine on her? I ve once dated a guy who never spent 20 naira on me.infact, I never knew the colour of his 5 naira note or if he uses the same money I use cos he never spent kobo on me. Since the guy knows he has a fiance why did he lead her on? Its really unfair

hmmm na wa oh maybe you be the kind of woman wen i dey find all these years grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by freecocoa(f): 10:43am On Oct 09, 2013
Some men sha, I just don't know what they gain by leading someone on.

I didn't do anything special when mine happened, all I remember doing was that I cried whenever I felt like it and over time I stopped hurting though it took years but I didn't just stop living cos he betrayed my trust.

I continued with my normal routine, its true that you don't automatically stop thinking about the person and what happened but you just gat to accept it and let time do its thing.
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Bakreez: 10:44am On Oct 09, 2013
This brings to the fur the memories of last year with my ex lady of almost six years,she started misbehaving few months to my graduation from the university. Everything dawned on me when she gave me an embarassment of my life in the presence of her friend in her house. Her friend went ahead to lie to her mum that i beat her when i didnt even lay my hands on her,i never knew her friend made arrangement for her which had already result to pregnancy. I felt dejected and rejected when i had to put the relationship to a halt for my unwholesome experience from a lady i trusted with my heart. Life goes on,she got married few days before my resumption in law school,her experience cost me many things that i almost loss concentration in law school. Today,am a lawyer waiting for my bar exam result with better ladies flocking around me. I forgot to add that same lady later called me after her marriage to explain what transpired between her and her friend that led to her attitude and added that she never love the guy like she loved me,but i told her to focus on her new found love of her life or keep regretting her choice and forever live a life of sorrow. Soonest,your friend will get over it but she must not be left alone because that wont help at all. I thank God law school kept me busy during my experience

1 Like

Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Bakreez: 10:45am On Oct 09, 2013
chokl8candie: I had been trying to get in touch wiv a frnd and she never picked my calls. I didnt understand dis cuz we werent fighting or anyfn of the sort so i called up a couple of mutual frnds n dey all said dey hdnt hrd from her. i drove over to her end to find out what was going on. Her mom came to open up and asked me to go directly to her room. Lying on the bed ws Stephy and she was clearly a shadow of herself. she had lost weight and she looked worn out, tired, depressed. It ws obvious she had bn crying. Asked her what was goin on with her and why she had bn in solitude ignoring everyone. It took me forever to get her to open up but she finally did.

She told me that the her bF for the past 14 months called her n confesed that he's bn engaged for almost a year and would be getting married in a few weeks so he was sorry for wasting her time and hopes she can move on. (until she told me dis i thot it only happened in nollywood movies).

I felt reali bad for her cuz i know how completely in love she was with him and the sacrifices she had made for the guy. She swore she was never going to trust any guy again. Tried my best to cheer her up but since I've never bin heartbroken as badly as dis i didnt know how to change her mind. I just asked her to leave it all to God.

Why are some men so cruel?angry angry Leading a girl on for all these months when u've clearly got intentions of breaking her heart.I just feel sorry for the lady he would be marrying.

Please share ur heartbreak experiences and how u over came them or healed from them.

And if u've got any advice i could pass on to my girlfrnd that could help her heal i'd be grateful if u cud share
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by rhowly(m): 10:45am On Oct 09, 2013
chokl8candie:
was hoping that she having a rebound bF now would help her forget the dude
thinking just of your friend n not the rebound dude. That's kinda unfair. Who likes being a guy going out with a girl hung up on an ex?
Anyways back to the case at hand. Time time time and yes nobody wants to say it...but God. Cliche` sounding but true. At least it was how I overcame my breakup. Details if you're interested.
But the peeps talking money this and money that is usually a consequence of wanting s3x from d female. We berate females for draining our pockets but who talks bout guys need for s3x? Don't want them asking for your money...try not asking/pushing for sex. But we wanna score here n there with every beau that crosses our field of vision often not really interested in them outside s3x, be ready to part with your quid. If you really love a girl you often don't complain bout how much u spend
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 09, 2013
190:

hmmm na wa oh maybe you be the kind of woman wen i dey find all these years grin grin
you no serious oo grin
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by dabrake(m): 10:47am On Oct 09, 2013
I am an arsenal fan so being heart broken comes by default.
It is nothing new. In fact, I am immune to it.

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Youngpo413: 10:48am On Oct 09, 2013
@Op,ask that your friend if she has ever dumped someone who was really much in love with her?as in if she has broken someones heart before,because only female heartbreakers deserves to be treated this way.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by saypepper: 10:50am On Oct 09, 2013
Mine is too hard to talk about. Still hurt. He left after 6 yrs....its well. I'm still single,find it hard to love and find some1 else. Its well
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by 190: 10:51am On Oct 09, 2013
kiss kiss
mz mariah: you no serious oo grin
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by tolurainbow(m): 10:59am On Oct 09, 2013
Everything is all about money does luv exist...dat girl dating wizkid.... if wizkid no get money today dat e girl no go ever date am..heart kor liver ni....atleast I can't count d number of girls ave break dere heart n I want 2 break more.... ;DEverything is all about money does luv exist...dat girl dating wizkid.... if wizkid no get money today dat e girl no go ever date am..heart kor liver ni....atleast I can't count d number of girls ave break dere heart n I want 2 break more....

1 Like

Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 09, 2013
190: kiss kiss
seriously the guy was very unfair. Relationship is not all about money.when I was with my ex I was doing the spending. Relationship is above money. Understanding matters. I still feel what the guy did is very bad.money or no money and God will jurdge him.she should just try move on although its not easy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Secondary School Students Caught Making Out Inside Classroom (VIDEO) / Woman Narrates How She Was Almost Beaten To Death In Front Of Her Kids By Fiancé / Check Out This Lady's "Natural" Photo Shoot That Got People Talking. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.