Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,502 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:32 PM

Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming (6868 Views)

Nigeria And Niger Sign Pact On Terrorism / Wempco’s $1.3bn Complex To Begin Operations Q1 2011 / Nigeria, U.S. Sign Pact On Regional Security ;Africom Has Come To Naija: Smh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by geeez: 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2013
The Oyo State Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with a Canadian firm to develop the state agricultural sector.

Under the MoU, the Canadian firm, SGNTT will inject $1.3bn into the state agricultural sector.

The state Governor Abiola Ajimobi, during the signing of the MoU at the Governor’s Office in Ibadan on Thursday, described the initiative as a landmark achievement of his administration.

He said that the investment would not only enhance food security, it would also provide job opportunities for the unemployed youths in the state.

He said, “The MoU is a milestone, it is a legacy that will stand the test of time. It will be second to none in terms of the opportunities available in agriculture.”

While commending the Canadian firm, for its commitment to the development of the state, Ajimobi expressed optimism that the partnership would further deepen bilateral and trade relations between Canada and Nigeria.

The leader of the Canadian team, Edward Ndububa, said the project, which would be located in Itesiwaju and Afijio area of the state, would start in December. He, however, added that it would begin full scale production of tomatoes, vegetables, fruits and livestock in 2015.

www.punchng.com/news/oyo-canadian-firm-sign-1-3bn-pact-on-farming/

7 Likes

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by veraponpo(m): 4:58pm On Sep 27, 2013
Ajimobi too wanna show face. $1.3b is not a joke. More jobs, more exports, more businesses, bigger economy, more taxes, increased IGR,etc

That is enough to shoot the state's already big economy up again.

South west on the moveeeeeee...

Haters gonna die...

4 Likes

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by geeez: 5:08pm On Sep 27, 2013
veraponpo: Ajimobi too wanna show face. $1.3b is not a joke. More jobs, more exports, more businesses, bigger economy, more taxes, increased IGR,etc

That is enough to shoot the state's already big economy up again.

South west on the moveeeeeee...

Haters gonna die...

They will invade every thread and laugh but the joke is on them

While we are developing, they point fingers and laugh

Meanwhile nothing gets done in their behind

Next year when we post our GDP figures, they will say its manipulated because they can't understand how Ogun State generates N4bn in IGR monthly, Osun State does N1.6bn and Ekiti does N1bn while Lagos does almost N30bn

They can't understand why Osun State had the third highest GDP in southern Nigeria outside Lagos and Oyo in 2012

We have to ignore them and continue to get busy because its in our DNA to develop

15 Likes

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2013
geeez:
The leader of the Canadian team, Edward Ndububa, said the project, which would be located in Itesiwaju and Afijio area of the state, would start in December.

It is good to see Edward Ndububa leading a team from the company which he founded, back to his homeland. This is the renaissance we envisage.

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2013
The south west is on the move yorubaland oni baje o. But ajimobi please we need MORE
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 27, 2013
SW angry
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2013
SW again? angry
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by grafikii: 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2013
FLAT HEADS steer CLEAR :8
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by Trailii: 7:10pm On Sep 27, 2013
God bless the state osun, God bless oyo state, God. Bless ekiti state, God bless ondo state, God bless ogun state and God in his endowed blessing bless lagos state . SW is progressing haters are talking. Our broda from d oda side of river niger no go chop 2te cus of dis news. Hhahahhhah
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by djon78(m): 7:45pm On Sep 27, 2013
This is good news for our brothers in the SW, we are happy for them, but all these talk about some people jealous about this news, to me is childish. One Igbo adage states ihe oma aha agwu agwu meaning good things can never finish or is inexhaustible, so that you have good coming your way today does not mean good will not come to your neighbor tomorrow. I remember one story I heard about China in the 1950's, one western philosopher made this statement about China "there lies a sleeping giant", as of mid 90's China's economy was not among the top ten in the world, but fast forward today China has leapfrogged many high economies including the likes of Germany, the economic power house of Europe and Japan the former electronics/fuel efficient cars giant of Asia.
Why am I stating all this when I look at the Igbo nation and tremendous potential she's got, I always say that is a sleeping giant but thank God bit by bit, she is waking up from sleep...... I rest my case.

6 Likes

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by bloggernaija: 9:10pm On Sep 27, 2013
djon78: This is good news for our brothers in the SW, we are happy for them, but all these talk about some people jealous about this news, to me is childish. One Igbo adage states ihe oma aha agwu agwu meaning good things can never finish or is inexhaustible, so that you have good coming your way today does not mean good will not come to your neighbor tomorrow. I remember one story I heard about China in the 1950's, one western philosopher made this statement about China "there lies a sleeping giant", as of mid 90's China's economy was not among the top ten in the world, but fast forward today China has leapfrogged many high economies including the likes of Germany, the economic power house of Europe and Japan the former electronics/fuel efficient cars giant of Asia.
Why am I stating all this when I look at the Igbo nation and tremendous potential she's got, I always say that is a sleeping giant but thank God bit by bit, she is waking up from sleep...... I rest my case.

You are an outlier like most cosmopolitan people everywhere.
Many of your people wish us ill and that is a fact.
Their opinion is that a progress in the SW is like a conspiracy to deny the SE the same thing.

Believe me when I say that you guys are still sleeping.
Even when the handwriting is on the wall with mall opening here and there,
The consumer electronic traders are already beginning to feel the pinch here.
Dangote refinery will remove the chemical trade as well.
MoSt of the retail sector in the SW will be formalised .
Most of your brother are still beating their chest emptily.
Especially when you consider that the largest market of consumers and purchasing power in the country are yorubas
While the SW is still very far from el darado,.
Initiative after initiative makes it apparent that the region will continue to suck up most of the oxygen.
All this is happening while the SW is in opposition.
What do you think will happen when we become a governing majority.
You better go and hassle your leaders to please stand up.

I will point out a few reasons why I think you have inept leadership
Enugu -the most cosmopolitan city in the SE is essentially a government money state(civil servants). This city has coal .instead of pressuring the federal government for a power plant and looking for private sector investments to reactivatie the mine ,your leaders are doing houseboy for AGIP ,when they should be pushing hard on that same government with their regional voting power.

2 Anambra- a town with the commerce oriented onitsha and manufacturing nnewi .
Like I posted before the strategic location of anambra on the Niger ,with the unstable,inefficient and very corrupt Asaba across the river means that a good leader should be able to exploit that advantage.
The tinapa thing would have worked in onitsha and just making the city livable means that it would be in the position to take advantage of the spending power of delta state .

3abia state-this one has already lost the battle against port harcourt.

4imo state- has a little oil and a few tertiary institutions .Investment in tourism may be the way to go .

5 ebonyi-another inept ,rudderless state and Mostly agrarian state. Should be doing the same thing as osun .Irrigation to allow all season agriculture, most especially in rice, yam where the state's advantage lie.

Mansions ,monument etc are not development.
Development is the economic situations that allows mansions and monument to be built

4 Likes

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by djon78(m): 9:41pm On Sep 27, 2013
bloggernaija:

You are an outlier like most cosmopolitan people everywhere.
Their opinion is that a progress in the SW is like a conspiracy to deny the SE the same thing.

Especially when you consider that the largest market of consumers and purchasing power in the country are yorubas
Initiative after initiative makes it apparent that the region will continue to suck up most of the oxygen.

Enugu -the most cosmopolitan city in the SE is essentially a government money state(civil servants). This city has coal .instead of pressuring the federal government for a power plant and looking for private sector investments to reactivatie the mine ,your leaders are doing houseboy for AGIP ,when they should be pushing hard on that same government with their regional voting power.

Like I posted before the strategic location of anambra on the Niger ,with the unstable,inefficient and very corrupt Asaba across the river means that a good leader should be able to exploit that advantage.
The tinapa thing would have worked in onitsha and just making the city livable means that it would be in the position to take advantage of the spending power of delta state .

4imo state- has a little oil and a few tertiary institutions .Investment in tourism may be the way to go .

5 ebonyi-another inept ,rudderless state and Mostly agrarian state. Should be doing the same thing as osun .Irrigation to allow all season agriculture, most especially in rice, yam where the state's advantage lie.

Development is the economic situations that allows mansions and monument to be built

I don't have much to say 4 now, only time will tell.
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by geeez: 6:47am On Sep 28, 2013
God bless Yorubaland
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by drnoel: 7:05am On Sep 28, 2013
bloggernaija:

Yorubaland, outlier like most cosmopolitan people everywhere.

Ur comments are a joke on educated minds. I wonder were u got the notion that most south easterners wish our south western brodas ill. Nigerians where are we all going with this bad, this is bad. I didn't know Nigerians hated it had this notion of themselves. Look, I was born in Lagos, grew up there, had Yoruba friends all my life. Speak and understand yoruba but also speak and understand my native dialect. What should matter is that development is taking place in Nigeria, regardless of where. I wish Oyo state success cos i know what ever comes out of there would benefit not just Oyo but the whole south south and nigeria as a whole. That is what is important. U guys should stop fighting over ethnic divide, it will not help us. Instead we will be doing our children harm. Enough is enough. Believe me, easterners know where they stand, both with southerners and northerners but all those are irrelevant without development. As for east progressing, don't uncross ur fingers yet. Igbo's never carry last (believe me, I know, I married one), I assure u and they did help develop Lagos no matter how our western Broda's try to deny it.
God bless Nigeria, Igboland, Yorubaland Hausaland, ijawland and the rest of the country.

9 Likes

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by geeez: 7:21am On Sep 28, 2013
drnoel:
Ur comments are a joke on educated minds. I wonder were u got the notion that most south easterners wish our south western brodas ill. Nigerians where are we all going with this bad, this is bad. I didn't know Nigerians hated it had this notion of themselves. Look, I was born in Lagos, grew up there, had Yoruba friends all my life. Speak and understand yoruba but also speak and understand my native dialect. What should matter is that development is taking place in Nigeria, regardless of where. I wish Oyo state success cos i know what ever comes out of there would benefit not just Oyo but the whole south south and nigeria as a whole. That is what is important. U guys should stop fighting over ethnic divide, it will not help us. Instead we will be doing our children harm. Enough is enough. Believe me, easterners know where they stand, both with southerners and northerners but all those are irrelevant without development. As for east progressing, don't uncross ur fingers yet. Igbo's never carry last (believe me, I know, I married one), I assure and they did help develops Lagos no matter how our western Broda's try to deny it.
God bless Nigeria, Igboland, Yorubaland Hausaland, ijawland and the rest of the country.

This is how the story goes on this forum

There's so much going on in the SW, much more than we can post

Now we post the ones carried by the media and then some people just bump in and begin to rubbish the post and make derogatory remarks about developments in Yorubaland largely out of jealous and frustration

And pronto a tribal war ensues

The hatred is staggering and I wonder why but we are not deterred as we are determined as a race to continue to develop our region come what may

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by Tolexander: 7:32am On Sep 28, 2013
This is a very nice step to agricultural developement!
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by Brimmie(m): 8:33am On Sep 28, 2013
Tolexander: This is a very nice step to agricultural developement!

Where you go before?? Omoluabi! cheesy cheesy
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by Tolexander: 8:44am On Sep 28, 2013
Brimmie:

Where you go before?? Omoluabi! cheesy cheesy
oga mi, na time things dey limit my time for nairaland o. Omoluabi tokantokan i hail o!
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by 170chuks(m): 11:09am On Sep 28, 2013
Hnmmmmm
q
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by 170chuks(m): 11:11am On Sep 28, 2013
Mk i hear say anything positive com out from this stuff
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by Olaone1: 11:14am On Sep 28, 2013
undecided
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by Realdeals(m): 11:41am On Sep 28, 2013
Attention is been given to agriculture nowadays due to the increasing demanding for maize and other agric produce for biofuel production and other uses, join the agriculture community on www. and interact with other farmers and agriculture professionals in the agric value chain. seek expert views and share ideas with other member, you can also download useful books on agric production by becoming a member.
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by hunter21(m): 11:44am On Sep 28, 2013
drnoel:
Ur comments are a joke on educated minds. I wonder were u got the notion that most south easterners wish our south western brodas ill. Nigerians where are we all going with this bad, this is bad. I didn't know Nigerians hated it had this notion of themselves. Look, I was born in Lagos, grew up there, had Yoruba friends all my life. Speak and understand yoruba but also speak and understand my native dialect. What should matter is that development is taking place in Nigeria, regardless of where. I wish Oyo state success cos i know what ever comes out of there would benefit not just Oyo but the whole south south and nigeria as a whole. That is what is important. U guys should stop fighting over ethnic divide, it will not help us. Instead we will be doing our children harm. Enough is enough. Believe me, easterners know where they stand, both with southerners and northerners but all those are irrelevant without development. As for east progressing, don't uncross ur fingers yet. Igbo's never carry last (believe me, I know, I married one), I assure and they did help develops Lagos no matter how our western Broda's try to deny it.
If not for the defensive stand taken being taken taken by the likes of bloggernaija, by now somebody would have come hear to write "another OWAMBE project" as a comment. I hope you would be hear to give them the same response.

4 Likes

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by 0monnakoda: 11:56am On Sep 28, 2013
$1.3 billion from where? Try and do some research on this guy and his company? This sounds like bullshit. I am of course loyal to the SW but we pride ourselves on being street smart. If you have $1.3 billion to invest in ANY country in the world would you put in in Agriculture and do so in what is esssentially a START UP and would you do so in Nigeria.

Who is this guy and what is his track record.

What was his last project

Wat is his biggest deal to date. This story does not ring true and the characters in his team on the website are a bit Hmm........

I don't buy this yarn let us not be so gullible.

Would a company with
£1billion have such a cheap website
http://www.scgi.ca/#!

http://www.safscca.com/

Go to "CURRENT PROJECTS" and read through ; basically it is all we will we propose they cannot show us a SINGLE FARM anywhere.

Anyone from Oyo State should be having a pop at Ajimobi for allowing this clown to make him look stupid because there is no substance to this tale and there never could have been

3 Likes

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by adebayosun02: 12:13pm On Sep 28, 2013
drnoel:

~~~
Very mature

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by adebayosun02: 12:24pm On Sep 28, 2013
170chuks: Mk i hear say anything positive com out from this stuff

Please bro don't curse ur self like that of a man in the bible when prophet (is either Elijah or Isaiah) declared there will be surplus of food the following day n the man doubted the prophet. Thereafter, there r surplus of food, he witnessed it but did not eat from it.
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by Rexyl(m): 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2013
Just carry me along esp when it comes to contracts along the line. I would like to be part of the system for lifting up of agriculture from its present ground state to fame and pride of the people of the state in particular and the nation in general Agriculture should be a real-time enterprise
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by curtain: 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2013
More investors trooping into nigeria particularly the south, whereas our north is sliding back to stone-age in the guise of religion, and blaming the centre for their lack of economic vision, our leaders in the north are our true enemies, shame on them.

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by drnoel: 12:53pm On Sep 28, 2013
hunter2,1:

If not for the defensive stand taken being taken taken by the likes of bloggernaija, by now somebody would have come hear to write "another OWAMBE project" as a comment. I hope you would be hear to give them the same response.
Be rest assured, I don't sing my song backwards. I believe enof is enof. If am online and come accros certain ethnic provocations like above I will give my piece of mind.
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by Rexyl(m): 1:15pm On Sep 28, 2013
0monnakoda: $1.3 billion from where? Try and do some research on this guy and his company? This sounds like bullshit. I am of course loyal to the SW but we pride ourselves on being street smart. If you have $1.3 billion to invest in ANY country in the world would you put in in Agriculture and do so in what is esssentially a START UP and would you do so in Nigeria.

Wat is his biggest deal to date. This story does not ring true and the characters in his team on the website are a bit Hmm........

Would a company with

Go to "CURRENT PROJECTS" and read through ; basically it is all we will we propose they cannot show us a SINGLE FARM anywhere.

Anyone from Oyo State should be having a pop at Ajimobi for allowing this clown to make him look stupid because there is no substance to this tale and there never could have been

Why will you think this is not possible with the current level of awareness and massive industrialization in a well developed and properly integrated economy. It is only when there is no will that there can't be a way. If people of the state are willing and the government is serous and determined I bet that the money is not big enough to be invested in Agriculture in the state. Here is the state that prides in all types of vegetation and soils mostly formed in Nigeria, and all types of farming enterprises are supported. The youths have been waiting for opportunities to venture into Agriculture whenever it is transformed and developed to the level of no loss of farm produce and its derivatives. Agriculture is a system that provides possibility of renewing energy to greater extent. That tell us lots of opportunities. Why should we waste over one billion naira daily on imported rice if Oyo State can be assisted to take the lead in meeting this domestic demand. Abi the soils do not support rice production? Of course the state is blessed with fertile soils. An again do not be deceived cattle being reared in the state is fast dominating the markets and replacing similar markets from the North. Soils are suitable and crops are adaptable, alongside mechanization what is seriously needed is irrigation to support what human activities have left the climate and weather situation with.
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by eaglechild: 1:26pm On Sep 28, 2013
0monnakoda: $1.3 billion from where? Try and do some research on this guy and his company? This sounds like bullshit. I am of course loyal to the SW but we pride ourselves on being street smart. If you have $1.3 billion to invest in ANY country in the world would you put in in Agriculture and do so in what is esssentially a START UP and would you do so in Nigeria.

Would a company with

All this venom because his name is Edward NDUBUBA.
This is a welcome development, expanding the business empire and empowering the poor masses.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Buhari Diagnosed With PROSTATE CANCER / IGP Gives Directives Ahead Of Independence Day Celebration / Nigerians Be Wise. There's A Scam Going On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.