Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,423 members, 7,881,550 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:34 PM

Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming (6869 Views)

Nigeria And Niger Sign Pact On Terrorism / Wempco’s $1.3bn Complex To Begin Operations Q1 2011 / Nigeria, U.S. Sign Pact On Regional Security ;Africom Has Come To Naija: Smh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by ketoprofen(m): 1:39pm On Sep 28, 2013
*smh for dis guy called geez*
wetin concern SE for dis thread?
Stay with ur foreign firms while d igbos continue with the indigenous ones.
What is not yours remains not yours, full stop.

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 28, 2013
Ta na lie. This one is osundefender MOU

tongue
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by madamoringo(f): 2:01pm On Sep 28, 2013
drnoel:
Ur comments are a joke on educated minds. I wonder were u got the notion that most south easterners wish our south western brodas ill. Nigerians where are we all going with this bad, this is bad. I didn't know Nigerians hated it had this notion of themselves. Look, I was born in Lagos, grew up there, had Yoruba friends all my life. Speak and understand yoruba but also speak and understand my native dialect. What should matter is that development is taking place in Nigeria, regardless of where. I wish Oyo state success cos i know what ever comes out of there would benefit not just Oyo but the whole south south and nigeria as a whole. That is what is important. U guys should stop fighting over ethnic divide, it will not help us. Instead we will be doing our children harm. Enough is enough. Believe me, easterners know where they stand, both with southerners and northerners but all those are irrelevant without development. As for east progressing, don't uncross ur fingers yet. Igbo's never carry last (believe me, I know, I married one), I assure u and they did help develop Lagos no matter how our western Broda's try to deny it.
God bless Nigeria, Igboland, Yorubaland Hausaland, ijawland and the rest of the country.

Give me a BIIIIIG phucking break!! Is it not the same Lagos you people are trying to burn down and run it aground while putting up a treacherous facade? Is it not the same Lagos you and your people are praying that the Atlantic Ocean carries away? Were you dead when a report said Lagos ranks low on the livability of places in the world and your ibo people were happy about it and putting it down? We let you live in our lands, travel to your father's land through Ogun state and cross from Yorubaland into Iboland through Ore but you are not happy yet. You are the type of guest who eats with the host and poisons him when he relaxes around you so you can steal his property and inheritance. God is seeing you in 4D and we are watching you in 3D!

Anytime Chief Awolowo, Abiola, Tinubu, Fashola, Aregbesola, etc are mentioned you abuse them, you curse them but they did not come to your government to steal from Azikiwe and Ibos and you think we will let you kill our people as you tried and trying to kill and ruin them. I know we are stuck in Nigeria together for now but we will never trust people who tried to kill our leaders and people and openly gloat whenever a new factory, industry or hotel chooses the SW over Iboland. Shoprite recently opened their store in Ibadan and are completing a second one around Ring Road, ibos abused Ibadan saying they don't have money to spend at Shoprite and the store chain will soon close down for lack of patronage. Meanwhile Oyo State has a bigger economy and higher IGR than the "pride of the east" Anambra. Yet you want us to trust you? Kokoro ti je efo ara efo lo wa! Well, I wish the ibos goodluck in their land because I have lived there and been to 4/5 of the state and never wanted it to be destroyed but I will not stand around here while you employ subterfuge against my people! angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by 36STATES: 2:07pm On Sep 28, 2013
If you beleive this story then you're simply not exposed. There is no money in agriculture to warrant such amount of money, unless its for charity.
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by 0monnakoda: 2:33pm On Sep 28, 2013
36STATES: If you beleive this story then you're simply not exposed. There is no money in agriculture to warrant such amount of money, unless its for charity.
There is money if you know what you are doing and choose your products sensibly OKOMU OIL is doing very well with palm oil. There is money in Pig production too. If you merge production with some value addition then there is plenty of money to be made but this requires a company with some expertise and track record which I see no evidence of here

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by Anvaller: 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2013
Wait a minute guys, lets see what they will come up with first before praising the initiative to high heavens. This is a normal news in Nigeria, multi billion this and that deal/contract here and there but at the end of the day, u wont hear anything. This is not about being pessimistic, I am just being real and I can't be fooled. Why not lets wait for may be a year and revisit this project and evaluate how far they have gone.

They are claiming to have signed a whooping over a billion dollar contract with a Canadian firm, they claim the firm will inject the money into our Agricultural sector, well we need to see the MoU. This is a firm with no track record, if u can't find their track record on their cheap looking website, then u can't find it anywhere else. This is a firm whose core and only business is claimed to be mineral resource mining. What expertise do they have in agriculture? We are watching with keen interest.

Alright, lets leave it at that.

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by drnoel: 4:46pm On Sep 28, 2013
madam_oringo:

Give me a BIIIIIG phucking break!! Is it not the same Lagos you people are trying to burn down and run it aground while putting up a treacherous facade? Is it not the same Lagos you and your people are praying that the Atlantic Ocean carries away? Were you dead when a report said Lagos ranks low on the livability of places in the world and your ibo people were happy about it and putting it down? We let you live in our lands, travel to your father's land through Ogun state and cross from Yorubaland into Iboland through Ore but you are not happy yet. You are the type of guest who eats with the host and poisons him when he relaxes around you so you can steal his property and inheritance. God is seeing you in 4D and we are watching you in 3D!

Anytime Chief Awolowo, Abiola, Tinubu, Fashola, Aregbesola, etc are mentioned you abuse them, you curse them but they did not come to your government to steal from Azikiwe and Ibos and you think we will let you kill our people as you tried and trying to kill and ruin them. I know we are stuck in Nigeria together for now but we will never trust people who tried to kill our leaders and people and openly gloat whenever a new factory, industry or hotel chooses the SW over Iboland. Shoprite recently opened their store in Ibadan and are completing a second one around Ring Road, ibos abused Ibadan saying they don't have money to spend at Shoprite and the store chain will soon close down for lack of patronage. Meanwhile Oyo State has a bigger economy and higher IGR than the "pride of the east" Anambra. Yet you want us to trust you? Kokoro ti je efo ara efo lo wa! Well, I wish the ibos goodluck in their land because I have lived there and been to 4/5 of the state and never wanted it to be destroyed but I will not stand around here while you employ subterfuge against my people! angry angry
I wasn't going to reply but u sounded so much like a spoilt unruhly child seeking attention. The thing there is that, children like u turn to full blown bigots and hypocrites if not corrected. Madam, pls i beg to differ, i have never believed in a revenge for people who i believe wronged me. Just as u said igbos rejoiced at certain mishaps of lagos that is how certain yorubas also rejoiced at certain misshaps of some igbo states. The questions i have for you is this. When will the maddness stop? When will we start seeing our western brodas as not westerners but Nigerians and so also for our northern and south southern brodas. When will we wake up to a Nigeria diverse in language, culture and diversity but united in one mind (progress for the future)? When will we stopping thinking of what we can get from our country but instead start thinking of what we can do for the betterment of our country? I know this ethnic cancer has eaten Nigerians dry, I mean I do remember while in elementary school. A parent came to pick her child while we were playing in a puddle of water. We mistaken splashed water on her she became very angry and started raising curses on us. I remember one of my play mates tried to appologise in english but she didnt understand so he spoke to her in Igbo, if u see the evil eyes she gave him she then walked away saying under her breathe Omo Igbo!!...
Funny enof that lady walked past us again with her child and I went to her and apologised in Yoruba and she was so happy, patting me on my shoulder saying Omo mi.....
As an adult, these things are things I would want to protect my own child against. I know the world is cruel but children who grow seeing ethnic divide tend to be very tribalistic since they won't know any better. That will have to stop cos we as adults have to secure our children's future in a Nigeria not infested with idiotism, fanatism and biogtry thinkings. This is where I stand. I stand as someone who could either be a westerner cos its mostly all I've known or an easterner thru my parents, but why should I close one of the other when I can have both. This is where I stand!!!! I don't care what people before me have said about westerners or easterners. All I care about is unity, faith, peace and progress. That should be our motto, a motto all Nigerians regardless of ethnicity should have in his/her heart. God save u madam and make u let go of ur bitterness, its uncalled for. God save Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by eaglechild: 5:50pm On Sep 28, 2013
madam_oringo:

Person dey for his parlor, you begin taunt am.
Dey give uninformed analysis.
He replies you, and you start convulsing.

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by 0monnakoda: 7:47pm On Sep 28, 2013
eaglechild:
All this venom because his name is Edward NDUBUBA.
This is a welcome development, expanding the business empire and empowering the poor masses.
Yes I would welcome it if it is true. So like any person who went to school I did some research online(Thank God for the Internet) I cannot find any evidence that this company has ever owned a chicken,pig or goat not to talk of running a farm. How can a company with no track record run a $1.3 billion dollar farm business.

Next question where is the money coming from.

Is there anywhere in the world where this sort of thing has happened before ,where you invest such a huge amount from zero. Normally you would to a pilot scheme see how that goes before you throw in such a huge sum.

My point is simple if this is true it i welcome but it does NOT sound true AT ALL. What is this about his name? Is your head OK? What is the issue with his name. The reality is this is just NOT TRUE

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by 0monnakoda: 7:50pm On Sep 28, 2013
Rexyl:

Why will you think this is not possible with the current level of awareness and massive industrialization in a well developed and properly integrated economy. It is only when there is no will that there can't be a way. If people of the state are willing and the government is serous and determined I bet that the money is not big enough to be invested in Agriculture in the state. Here is the state that prides in all types of vegetation and soils mostly formed in Nigeria, and all types of farming enterprises are supported. The youths have been waiting for opportunities to venture into Agriculture whenever it is transformed and developed to the level of no loss of farm produce and its derivatives. Agriculture is a system that provides possibility of renewing energy to greater extent. That tell us lots of opportunities. Why should we waste over one billion naira daily on imported rice if Oyo State can be assisted to take the lead in meeting this domestic demand. Abi the soils do not support rice production? Of course the state is blessed with fertile soils. An again do not be deceived cattle being reared in the state is fast dominating the markets and replacing similar markets from the North. Soils are suitable and crops are adaptable, alongside mechanization what is seriously needed is irrigation to support what human activities have left the climate and weather situation with.

What is all this story the issue is "IS THIS TRUE" ? What is the track record of this company? Can you show ONE ,JUST ONE FARM that they are running and how much food that farm is producing. SIMPLE QUESTION

This is the company website Peruse it and tell us whether these guys are for real to me they seem like charlattans and fraudsters.
How can a company(a briefcase company) That does not one a single snail,fish chicken or pig wake up one day and invest $1 billion in farming.
http://www.safscca.com/what-we-do/

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by Rexyl(m): 9:01pm On Sep 28, 2013
0monnakoda:

What is all this story the issue is "IS THIS TRUE" ? What is the track record of this company? Can you show ONE ,JUST ONE FARM that they are running and how much food that farm is producing. SIMPLE QUESTION

This is the company website Peruse it and tell us whether these guys are for real to me they seem like charlattans and fraudsters.
How can a company(a briefcase company) That does not one a single snail,fish chicken or pig wake up one day and invest $1 billion in farming.
http://www.safscca.com/what-we-do/

How are u sure the site provided is about the company that is planning to spend such money in the state, afterall the poster did not show any site to access the company‘s profile.
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by 0monnakoda: 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
Rexyl:

How are u sure the site provided is about the company that is planning to spend such money in the state, afterall the poster did not show any site to access the company‘s profile.
How am I sure ? Are you literate? do you have a brain? Use it.

These days many people claim to have gone to school but it does not seem to have had any impact

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by agbameta: 9:23pm On Sep 28, 2013
0monnakoda: There is money if you know what you are doing and choose your products sensibly OKOMU OIL is doing very well with palm oil. There is money in Pig production too. If you merge production with some value addition then there is plenty of money to be made but this requires a company with some expertise and track record which I see no evidence of here

36STATES: Yaruba at it again. Thieving pastors, dishonest cowardly back-stabbing elders, 419 youths, drug barons, .....Yorubas bring only shame to Nigeria.

You just wasted your time addressing this village bigot. His post has nothing to do with Oyo, it's the same village idiocy, tribalism and bigotry..

Get to know these clowns and save yourself some precious internet time for your own good.
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by basilo101: 2:22am On Sep 29, 2013
Stop fooling urselves wit fake developments. U ppl r so lazy dat evriting is done by outsiders. Ndububa and co are dia 2 make moni because u hv bn folding ur arms doing noting. And i want 2 ask, r d canadians also kuming 2 farm in ur region because of lack of development in canada?
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by basilo101: 2:50am On Sep 29, 2013
bloggernaija:

You are an outlier like most cosmopolitan people everywhere.
Many of your people wish us ill and that is a fact.
Their opinion is that a progress in the SW is like a conspiracy to deny the SE the same thing.

Believe me when I say that you guys are still sleeping.
Even when the handwriting is on the wall with mall opening here and there,
The consumer electronic traders are already beginning to feel the pinch here.
Dangote refinery will remove the chemical trade as well.
MoSt of the retail sector in the SW will be formalised .
Most of your brother are still beating their chest emptily.
Especially when you consider that the largest market of consumers and purchasing power in the country are yorubas
While the SW is still very far from el darado,.
Initiative after initiative makes it apparent that the region will continue to suck up most of the oxygen.
All this is happening while the SW is in opposition.
What do you think will happen when we become a governing majority.
You better go and hassle your leaders to please stand up.

I will point out a few reasons why I think you have inept leadership
Enugu -the most cosmopolitan city in the SE is essentially a government money state(civil servants). This city has coal .instead of pressuring the federal government for a power plant and looking for private sector investments to reactivatie the mine ,your leaders are doing houseboy for AGIP ,when they should be pushing hard on that same government with their regional voting power.

2 Anambra- a town with the commerce oriented onitsha and manufacturing nnewi .
Like I posted before the strategic location of anambra on the Niger ,with the unstable,inefficient and very corrupt Asaba across the river means that a good leader should be able to exploit that advantage.
The tinapa thing would have worked in onitsha and just making the city livable means that it would be in the position to take advantage of the spending power of delta state .

3abia state-this one has already lost the battle against port harcourt.

4imo state- has a little oil and a few tertiary institutions .Investment in tourism may be the way to go .

5 ebonyi-another inept ,rudderless state and Mostly agrarian state. Should be doing the same thing as osun .Irrigation to allow all season agriculture, most especially in rice, yam where the state's advantage lie.

Mansions ,monument etc are not development.
Development is the economic situations that allows mansions and monument to be built

we prefer mansions, Thanks . Wat i see in SW is nothing but neocoloniasm and imperialism at its worst. U ppl shud stop ur childish rivalry wit d east, we do tins at our own pace. Our ppl must be actively involved in industrializing our region no matter hw long it takes

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by ketoprofen(m): 8:10am On Sep 29, 2013
basilo101:
we prefer mansions, Thanks . Wat i see in SW is nothing but neocoloniasm and imperialism at its worst. U ppl shud stop ur childish rivalry wit d east, we do tins at our own pace. Our ppl must be actively involved in industrializing our region no matter hw long it takes

neocolonisation by non-yorubas.
*smh for non-innovating ppl*
igbos have decided to say no to neo colonisation biko
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by anonimi: 8:28am On Sep 29, 2013
eaglechild:
All this venom because his name is Edward NDUBUBA.
This is a welcome development, expanding the business empire and empowering the poor masses.

Why are we so GULLIBLE even when presented with FACTS that point to the SCAM of the whole $1.3b farm project by some phantom Canadian firm owned by a Nigerian.
You can bet your last dime that this is simply a scheme by Ajimobi to hoodwink Oyo state and LAUNDER money he is stealing from the good people of the state.

Thanks to Omonakonda for exposing the kleptocrat in Agodi house for what he is- a fraudster!

For all the yoruba ethnic champions wey dey yarn my-tribe-better-pass-your-own, Edward NDUBUBA is from which yoruba state
BTW what is the difference between ?

* a RACIST such as those who believe blacks are generally INFERIOR to dem whites
and
* a TRIBALIST such as the Igbos, Yorubas, Hausa-Fulanis, Ijaws etc who claim other tribes are INFERIOR to theirs.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by Allahugahlib(m): 8:44am On Sep 29, 2013
Ajumose is working oyo is developing. Thumbs up to our emiable gomina. OYO ONI BAJE OOO!!!
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by Kalamaya: 9:07am On Sep 29, 2013
Another treacherous way of collecting large acres of land from state govt in Nigeria. All under the name of joint-venture partneship with a foreign company. I suspect they will later use the signed (MOU) to access offshore loans. I saw Borno state governor yesterday on NTA with some pakistani “investors“, He was asking them to take-over some moribond factories in the state. A nigerian facilitated their visit also. It's a sure old format.
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by smithjanetstore: 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2013
AMIN OOOOOOOOO
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by Rexyl(m): 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2013
0monnakoda: How am I sure ? Are you literate? do you have a brain? Use it.

These days many people claim to have gone to school but it does not seem to have had any impact

omonnakoda, if you have useful ideas that can benefit someone I think you should be mature enough to present it decently and intelligently. Your insult as a reaction to simple fact doesn't show your reasoning is worth paying attention to. pls next time you want toreply someone learn to sensible.

As regards Oyo State the people are not foolish to be defrauded by fake deals of non existing company. People are watching the activities of government and they are not taking non profitable deals of the government for granted, for they know that they will be at the receiving end at the end of the day. Whether the project is real and the govt is pursuing it in good faith that is a big assignment for people of the state. If the company is for good of the state it is welcome but if not I know people will react and say no.
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by eaglechild: 2:32pm On Sep 29, 2013
anonimi:

Why are we so GULLIBLE even when presented with FACTS that point to the SCAM of the whole $1.3b farm project by some phantom Canadian firm owned by a Nigerian.
You can bet your last dime that this is simply a scheme by Ajimobi to hoodwink Oyo state and LAUNDER money he is stealing from the good people of the state.

Thanks to Omonakonda for exposing the kleptocrat in Agodi house for what he is- a fraudster!

For all the yoruba ethnic champions wey dey yarn my-tribe-better-pass-your-own, Edward NDUBUBA is from which yoruba state
BTW what is the difference between ?

* a RACIST such as those who believe blacks are generally INFERIOR to dem whites
and
* a TRIBALIST such as the Igbos, Yorubas, Hausa-Fulanis, Ijaws etc who claim other tribes are INFERIOR to theirs.
You have a warped understanding of what i wrote.
Edward Ndububa is obviously Igbo.
That is why Ommonku.... and the likes of you are trying to discredit him.
Pls do well to google Canada who is who;
Stanford who is who then you will know his company's credibility.
And try and tune up your understanding of sarcasm.
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by 0monnakoda: 2:35pm On Sep 29, 2013
Rexyl:

omonnakoda, if you have useful ideas that can benefit someone I think you should be mature enough to present it decently and intelligently. Your insult as a reaction to simple fact doesn't show your reasoning is worth paying attention to. pls next time you want toreply someone learn to sensible.

As regards Oyo State the people are not foolish to be defrauded by fake deals of non existing company. People are watching the activities of government and they are not taking non profitable deals of the government for granted, for they know that they will be at the receiving end at the end of the day. Whether the project is real and the govt is pursuing it in good faith that is a big assignment for people of the state. If the company is for good of the state it is welcome but if not I know people will react and say no.

I have little patience for lazy or unintelligent people . The Company website is clearly that involved because the name of the guy is clearly all over it. So do your work and exert yourself before talking ignorantly.
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by 0monnakoda: 2:43pm On Sep 29, 2013
eaglechild:
You have a warped understanding of what i wrote.
Edward Ndububa is obviously Igbo.
That is why Ommonku.... and the likes of you are trying to discredit him.
Pls do well to google Canada who is who;
Stanford who is who then you will know his company's credibility.
And try and tune up your understanding of sarcasm.
Omo eran !! for you everything is
Ibo Biafra Ojukwu Ibo Biafra Ojukwu Ibo Biafra Ojukwu Ibo Biafra Ojukwu Ibo Biafra Ojukwu Ibo Biafra Ojukwu Ibo Biafra Ojukwu Ibo Biafra Ojukwu

I have no reason to believe this guy is Ibo or even that he is a Nigerian. I do not think he is Nigerian. Even if he were and he were Ibo and he has that kind of money to invest in the SW he would be more than welcome.

That is not the issue here. The issue is if a company comes up today and says they are going to invest $1 billion you woud want to know where the money is coming from and even more importantly the TRACK RECORD

So I went to the website of this company and EVERY SINGLE PROJECT is a proposal, in short a very good write up but NOTHING on ground anywhere in the world. This company does not own a single goat or pig . This raises a question that even if they have the money do they have the expertise.

All in all anyone who goes to the company website with a FAIR and OPEN mind can form there opinions. If SONGHAI farms comes and tells us they want to invest a billion you can at least tsay theyy have some KNOW TRACK record.

WHAT IS THE TRACK RECOR OF THESE GUYS.
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by eaglechild: 3:03pm On Sep 29, 2013
0monnakoda:
Omo eran !! for you everything is
Ibo Biafra Ojukwu Ibo Biafra Ojukwu Ibo Biafra Ojukwu Ibo Biafra Ojukwu Ibo Biafra Ojukwu Ibo Biafra Ojukwu Ibo Biafra Ojukwu Ibo Biafra Ojukwu

I have no reason to believe this guy is Ibo or even that he is a Nigerian. I do not think he is Nigerian. Even if he were and he were Ibo and he has that kind of money to invest in the SW he would be more than welcome.

That is not the issue here. The issue is if a company comes up today and says they are going to invest $1 billion you woud want to know where the money is coming from and even more importantly the TRACK RECORD

So I went to the website of this company and EVERY SINGLE PROJECT is a proposal, in short a very good write up but NOTHING on ground anywhere in the world. This company does not own a single goat or pig . This raises a question that even if they have the money do they have the expertise.

All in all anyone who goes to the company website with a FAIR and OPEN mind can form there opinions. If SONGHAI farms comes and tells us they want to invest a billion you can at least tsay theyy have some KNOW TRACK record.

WHAT IS THE TRACK RECOR OF THESE GUYS.
Don't run mad and say i caused it.
Just google him.
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by 0monnakoda: 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2013
eaglechild:
Don't run mad and say i caused it.
Just google him.
Your mind is small. I am not interested in him. This is not personal. I am interested in OYO state and making sure Oyo state is not scammed
Does this company have any farms? Where. That is the issue here. Even if Bill Gates were to come to Nigeria and say he wants to start farming we would or should ask who his technical partners are . So stop talking like a villager.

There are very few firms who can run farming profitably.

Why Oyo state ? What is so special about Oyo state that he wants to put so much money there?
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by emiye(m): 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
0monnakoda:
Your mind is small. I am not interested in him. This is not personal. I am interested in OYO state and making sure Oyo state is not scammed
Does this company have any farms? Where. That is the issue here. Even if Bill Gates were to come to Nigeria and say he wants to start farming we would or should ask who his technical partners are . So stop talking like a villager.

Why Oyo state ? What is so special about Oyo state that he wants to put so much money there?

I think all eyes is on the state govt, they have given two locations (Afijio and Itesiwaju), and have stated that work will start by December that is 3 months from now. I have been to the website, while i dont subscribe that it is cheap looking, the drawback is that the site agricultural projects look like proposals, I remember some months ago, a similar argument was made on a different thread about a company who intended to site a soya milk production factory in oyo,, and there were doubts about the promoters https://www.nairaland.com/1098188/oyo-uk-firm-sign-agreement/1 , but today work is ongoing with construction of the production factory along Lagos Ibadan expressway, ibadan
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by eaglechild: 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
0monnakoda:

In other words Oyo is backwards, poor and insignificant to be considered for such a mega project.
Thank you, u've said it all.
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by 0monnakoda: 3:45pm On Sep 29, 2013
emiye:

I think all eyes is on the state govt, they have given two locations (Afijio and Itesiwaju), and have stated that work will start by December that is 3 months from now. I have been to the website, while i dont subscribe that it is cheap looking, the drawback is that the site agricultural projects look like proposals, I remember some months ago, a similar argument was made on a different thread about a company who intended to site a soya milk production factory in oyo,, and there were doubts about the promoters https://www.nairaland.com/1098188/oyo-uk-firm-sign-agreement/1 , but today work is ongoing with construction of the production factory along Lagos Ibadan expressway, ibadan
let us agree to disagree on te cheapness of the site.

They do NOT LOOK LIKE proposals. They are proposals . Nothing is running anywhere.
This looks like a scheme to get free land based on some bogus plans.

Next question WHERE IS THE MONEY COMING FROM

Oyo state would be lucky if this dude invests $13000 not to talk of $1.3 billion.

I maintain that this company does NOT OWN a single pig ,goat or horse anywhere so how can they start their VERY FIRST project on such a grand scale. Where has that happened before. It is one thing to be open minded and quite another to be gullible.

Okomu oil which is listed on the Nigerian stock exchange is one of the biggest farming companies in Nigeria with a lot of experience and their entry has been gradual and incremental NOT just coming in to announce some 419 nuclear bomb investment

If they had said 1.3 billion naira we might take them seriously.
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2013
0monnakoda:
let us agree to disagree on te cheapness of the site.

They do NOT LOOK LIKE proposals. They are proposals . Nothing is running anywhere.
This looks like a scheme to get free land based on some bogus plans.

Next question WHERE IS THE MONEY COMING FROM

Oyo state would be lucky if this dude invests $13000 not to talk of $1.3 billion.

[s]

I maintain that this company does NOT OWN a single pig ,goat or horse anywhere so how can they start their VERY FIRST project on such a grand scale. Where has that happened before. It is one thing to be open minded and quite another to be gullible.

Okomu oil which is listed on the Nigerian stock exchange is one of the biggest farming companies in Nigeria with a lot of experience and their entry has been gradual and incremental NOT just coming in to announce some 419 nuclear bomb investment

If they had said 1.3 billion naira we might take them seriously.

I actually did carry out some background research of my own before my initial post, as a proposed investment 208 Billion Naira did befuddle the mind a bit. It turns SGNTT is part of a Canadian consortium that goes scouting for high capital projects in Africa - http://gigc.ca/projects.shtml

Here is some additional information on the group:

Global Investments Group Canada Inc. is in an on-going negotiation of a Multi Million project financing for housing and recreational facilities for Republic of Ivory Coast . Housing, Agriculture, Sewage/Power and Hospital projects in the Federal Republic of Congo, Federal Republic of Niger Commodity and Infrastructural funding, Liberia Mining Refinery Funding, Guinee Bissau, Port expansion in the Republic of Benin, and have recently embarked with other companies in the possibilities of funding for Hydro, Wireless and telecommunication financing projects in Nigeria. Currently expectations are ripe that approvals for the projects may be coming in soonest.
http://gigc.ca/background_gcompany.shtml

By the way, did you also look some SGNTT's on-going projects?
http://www.safscca.com/what-we-do/bio-ethanol-production-plants-in-kenya/
http://www.safscca.com/what-we-do/integrated-rice-project/
http://www.safscca.com/what-we-do/455-2/
http://www.safscca.com/what-we-do/integrated-poultry-project/[/s]
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by 0monnakoda: 4:17pm On Sep 29, 2013
eGuerrilla:

I actually did carry out some background research of my own before making that initial post.
It turns SGNTT is part of a consortium based in Canada that goes scouting for high capital projects in Africa - http://gigc.ca/projects.shtml

Here is some additional information on the group:

http://gigc.ca/background_gcompany.shtml[url][/url]

It is a paper/Brief case company what are they actively involved in what have they achieved .What is there turnover profitability. Have they ever paid tax anywhere.

I am not mocked

These are serious companies involved in farming

http://www.dole.com/

http://www.chiquita.com/Home.aspx
http://www.freshdelmonte.com/default.asp

not companies giving you MANIFESTO like a political party

They actually have products in the market. Every company must SELL SOMETHING

What do these guys SELL? WHERE?
Re: Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
0monnakoda:

It is a paper/Brief case company what are they actively involved in what have they achieved .What is there turnover profitability. Have they ever paid tax anywhere.

I am not mocked

These are serious companies involved in farming

http://www.dole.com/

http://www.chiquita.com/Home.aspx
http://www.freshdelmonte.com/default.asp

not companies giving you MANIFESTO like a political party

They actually have products in the market. Every company must SELL SOMETHING

What do these guys SELL? WHERE?

But nothing you have posted here actually proves it is a brief case company. I know the acceptable standards of probity, on Nairaland, sometimes leave a lot to be desired, but you've got to do a lot better than this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: Prove INEC’s Rigging Plan, APC Asks Wike / Aderinokun Meets Constituents As He Begins Campaign For 2019 Election / Nigerians Be Wise. There's A Scam Going On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.