Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,811 members, 7,889,653 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:26 PM

I think my wife is cheating on me. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I think my wife is cheating on me. (4254 Views)

I Think My Guy Is Trying Something With My Crush Behind My Back.. / Do You Think My Boss Is Trying To Woo Me? / How To Know If Your Girlfriend Is Cheating On You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I think my wife is cheating on me. by chibansky: 3:03pm On Sep 29, 2013
I AM YOUNG AND HAVE A GOOD JOB, JUST FEW MONTHS OLD IN MARRIAGE NO KIDS YET, MY JOB TAKES ME OFF MY HOME FOR TWO WEEKS.
ON THIS FAITHFUL THURSDAY 19TH SEPT 2013, I CAME BACK FROM MY NORMAL FOOTBALL TRAINING AND OBSERVED MY WIFE SERIOUSLY ENGROSSED WITH HER PHONE CHATTING,LEAVING ME WITH LESS ATTENTION, I GOT ANGRY AND DEMANDED TO SEE WHO IS MAKING HER IGNORE MY PRESENCE, BUT TO MY SURPRISE SHE BLUNTLY REFUSED, THOUGH I STRUGGLED OUT THE PHONE STILL COULDN'T ACCESS IT BECAUSE IT WAS CODED AND SHE REFUSED TO UNLOCK IT EVEN WITH ALL MY THREATS SO WE QUARRELED OVER IT WHICH LEAD TO CARRYING OF FACE AND ALL THAT.
THE NEXT DAY, OUT-OF ANGER I WENT TO MY FRIEND'S/COLLEAGUE'S (MALE) PLACE AND SPENT DE NIGHT AFTER THE BEER THINGS THOUGH THE FIRST TIME SINCE I GOT MARRIED,ONLY TO RETURN ON SATURDAY AND DISCOVERED SHE ALSO WENT OUT THAT SAME FRIDAY I LEFT AND DIDN'T RETURN, I CALLED HER FAMILY AND MY FAMILY SHE WAS NEVER THERE.
WHEN SHE RETURNED ON SUNDAY, I WALKED HER OUT AND SHE HAPPILY WALKED AWAY AND NEVER CALLED OR WENT TO EITHER OF DE FAMILIES HOUSE TILL I WENT BACK TO MY WORK PLACE THE NEXT DAY MONDAY.
3 DAYS LATER IN THE WEEK I WAS INFORMED BY A NEIGHBOR SHE RETURNED IMMEDIATELY I LEFT TO WORK,NOW AM DUE TO RETURN HOME FROM WORK IN FEW DAYS TIME.
my concerns are:
1. who was she chatting with that she refused to let me see?
2. why did she decides to sleep out and where?
3. could she be cheating on me?
WHAT SHOULD I DO? PLEASE I NEED UR ADVISE.
Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by topas100(m): 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2013
Perhaps she's just kidding.
Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by drmikeadams(m): 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2013
could be cheating or playing..but you dont leave a woman alone 4 2weeks or so...she could be lonely,,u know what they say about idle mind...i can get u proofs if ur interested,,

2 Likes

Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by 2goodbobo(m): 8:14pm On Sep 29, 2013
Don't conclude since you don't have any evidence. How long did you court before you married her? I know this is not what you bargained for.

Your wife is really disrespectful for even chatting stupidly without acknowledging your presence. What kind of wife will act the way she did? When you return, make sure you have a serious talk with her to know what her problem is.

2 Likes

Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by lertee(f): 8:24pm On Sep 29, 2013
Your marriage is too early for this kind of drama. Just try and create time for her,you need to understand the reason behind her Attitude.
When you want to catch A thief you need to be patient,if only you didn't sleep at your friend's house out of anger,she wouldn't have the opportunity to sleep out too.

2 Likes

Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by Emaprince: 8:24pm On Sep 29, 2013
facebook etc sha!...the main thing I'm against here is the fact she slept outside and didn't want to let you know where she was.and if she was cheating,I don't think she would want to give you the phone anyway..this girl just don't give a damn about you from what I can see.

this is always the outcome of marrying a total stranger without courting..maybe people recommended her for you and she might be dating some one before you scooped her for marriage.

dr_mike_adams: could be cheating or playing..but you dont leave a woman alone 4 2weeks or so...she could be lonely,,u know what they say about idle mind...i can get u proofs if ur interested,,
what proofs are you talking about?
Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 29, 2013
Ema prince: facebook etc this is always the outcome of marrying a total stranger without courting..maybe people recommended her for you and she might be dating some one before you scooped her for marriage.

Do not blame the poster. this attitude exactly describes someone i have dated in the past for a period of two and half years. This bad attitude by some girls has nothing to do with how long you courted them. They reserve a space for cheating and barcode their phones so that their partner will never find out. In your presence she chats for hours without saying a word to you. Hmmm.

Some girls can be nasty, you dare not see her phone but she sees yours. You dare not ask her who she called but she gets jealous over your calls. When she gets pissed off, she runs out of home and spends the night outside.

Op, you don land gobe..
Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by Emaprince: 8:51pm On Sep 29, 2013
okpara ugo:
Some girls can be nasty, you dare not see her phone but she sees yours. You dare not ask her who she called but she gets jealous over your calls. When she gets pissed off, she runs out of home and spends the night outside.
then we have to part ways.period!!!
Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by Arsenate(m): 9:40pm On Sep 29, 2013
okpara ugo:

Do not blame the poster. this attitude exactly describes someone i have dated in the past for a period of two and half years. This bad attitude by some girls has nothing to do with how long you courted them. They reserve a space for cheating and barcode their phones so that their partner will never find out. In your presence she chats for hours without saying a word to you. Hmmm.

Op, you don land gobe..
how do you mean he has landed gobe? Op should just divorce the biaatch. Seriously, is high time we all started understanding that marriage isn't a "do or die" affair. If a girl thinks am not good enough for her, she can always lock the door on her way out. Bye bye and best of luck. Wuubbish.
Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by swagqueen(f): 9:57pm On Sep 29, 2013
okpara ugo:

. This bad attitude by some girls has nothing to do with how long you courted them. They reserve a space for cheating and barcode their phones so that their partner will never find out.

Op, you don land gobe..

This bad attitude by some men has nothing to do with how,long u courted them. They reserve a space for cheating and barcode their phones so that their partners will never find out.

Some men can be nasty,you dare not see his phone but he sees yours. You dare not ask him who he called but he gets jealous over your calls. When he gets pissed off,he runs out of the home and spends the night outside.

3 Likes

Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by mecussey(m): 10:19pm On Sep 29, 2013
This is serious case men...if a woman starts taking you for granted, guy thats a red card. Just get a second wife for yourself and a third one.
Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by drmikeadams(m): 10:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
Ema prince: facebook etc sha!...the main thing I'm against here is the fact she slept outside and didn't want to let you know where she was.and if she was cheating,I don't think she would want to give you the phone anyway..this girl just don't give a damn about you from what I can see.

this is always the outcome of marrying a total stranger without courting..maybe people recommended her for you and she might be dating some one before you scooped her for marriage.

proofs of whether ,she is cheating and with who?or whether she is joking and trying to get ur attention
Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by aduaba(f): 10:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
I don't think your wife will just behave as such for no reason. I'm sure there's more to it than what you have said. Women react this way esp when they are tired of dealing with a cheating man.im very sure you dnt allow her to check out ur fon but you want to know whatever goes on on hers. Believe me she's not cheating on you she probably wants you feel she is ..search within yourself and you will know you are hurting this woman that's why she doesn't care anymore. Check yourself .

6 Likes

Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by Abbey2sam(m): 12:29am On Sep 30, 2013
swag queen:

This bad attitude by some men has nothing to do with how,long u courted them. They reserve a space for cheating and barcode their phones so that their partners will never find out.

Some men can be nasty,you dare not see his phone but he sees yours. You dare not ask him who he called but he gets jealous over your calls. When he gets pissed off,he runs out of the home and spends the night outside.

Nawa ooooooo!!!!!!!!!
Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by tellwisdom: 12:56am On Sep 30, 2013
Just becos u travel to oshogbo and akure, now you think you have a good job??

2 Likes

Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by Nobody: 1:17am On Sep 30, 2013
This is what happens when the rules and regulations are not clearly stated before marriage.
Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by sunnydayasaba(m): 1:44am On Sep 30, 2013
Never allow ur wife to barcode her fone and never u barcode ur fone in marriage, it send negative signal to the other party. Ur wife is probably having a hard time wit ur absent, talk wit her and make it clear u dnt appreciate what she has done so far, but be calm abt it.

2 Likes

Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 30, 2013
Oh really?
U demand to see her phone? Even wrestle it from her?
You walk out of your home in Anger and spend the night outside and you're surprised she did same?
You walk her out of your home and expect her to do what? Not go?
u walked her out and she obeyed,HAPPILY!
If she can access your phone,I don't believe she'll password her phone.but no.I'm sure yours is passworded and u want her to leave hers open.

Swear on your life OP.that those your 2 week travels each month doesn't take u into other women's arms.I mean swear and die.
Mtchew.I'm sure this lady is already fed up by you attitude so what she's doing is to tell you she doesn't give a damn anymore
She most likely isn't cheating on you.

Like seriously.I think what she's doing is only a mimicry of what you do.maybe yours is even worse.
And your probably one of those men who think that a man being the leader in the home means he can get away with any attitude and expect total compliance from his wife.
No listen! You're the leader in your home.remember the Golden words

Leaders lead by example!
Don't leave your home in anger.Never spend d night outside cos u r angry.it's bad.
Leave ur phone open if u want hers open.during those your travels,can she reach u freely?

Consider what you're not doing right,correct yourself and your wife will love and respect you.

Ekwuchala m!

5 Likes

Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by chibansky: 6:48am On Sep 30, 2013
aduaba: I don't think your wife will just behave as such for no reason. I'm sure there's more to it than what you have said. Women react this way esp when they are tired of dealing with a cheating man.im very sure you dnt allow her to check out ur fon but you want to know whatever goes on on hers. Believe me she's not cheating on you she probably wants you feel she is ..search within yourself and you will know you are hurting this woman that's why she doesn't care anymore. Check yourself .

my dear far from ur thoughts, she have the passwords to my two phones and use them at will.
Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by chibansky: 6:54am On Sep 30, 2013
lorretta u: Oh really?
U demand to see her phone? Even wrestle it from her?
You walk out of your home in Anger and spend the night outside and you're surprised she did same?
You walk her out of your home and expect her to do what? Not go?
u walked her out and she obeyed,HAPPILY!
If she can access your phone,I don't believe she'll password her phone.but no.I'm sure yours is passworded and u want her to leave hers open.

Swear on your life OP.that those your 2 week travels each month doesn't take u into other women's arms.I mean swear and die.
Mtchew.I'm sure this lady is already fed up by you attitude so what she's doing is to tell you she doesn't give a damn anymore
She most likely isn't cheating on you.

Like seriously.I think what she's doing is only a mimicry of what you do.maybe yours is even worse.
And your probably one of those men who think that a man being the leader in the home means he can get away with any attitude and expect total compliance from his wife.
No listen! You're the leader in your home.remember the Golden words

Leaders lead by example!
Don't leave your home in anger.Never spend d night outside cos u r angry.it's bad.
Leave ur phone open if u want hers open.during those your travels,can she reach u freely?

Consider what you're not doing right,correct yourself and your wife will love and respect you.

Ekwuchala m!

thanks for the detailed views, but my two weeks out of my home is spent offshore where the only companion u have is fishes and ur colleagues. am not cheating on my wife.

2 Likes

Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 30, 2013
tpacalipse: This is what happens when the rules and regulations are not clearly stated before marriage.

story, funny you.

A law breaker is always a law breaker. Even nairaland's 21 commandments cant stop someone from saying FTC or ETT in full.
Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 30, 2013
Few months into your marriage. ..no kids yet...you are young...u don't wanna be in this kind of marriage broo....are u thinking wat I'm thinking? ? Go get a divorce immediately. ...let her go back to her father's house or where she went to and Continue her thing. ..u need a woman that'll respect u totally. ..be loyal and submissive to u..those are wat it takes to be a wife...its obvious she has not come to terms with d fact that she is now married..if ur marriage was like 5yrs old ..i'l say ok u guys should sort it out...buh months. ....haaaaaaaba..dt is reflective of d fact that u hv a woman at home not a wife. .better act fast..ds is someone you'll live with for life

3 Likes

Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 30, 2013
chibansky:

my dear far from ur thoughts, she have the passwords to my two phones and use them at will.

Op, dont mind them.? Experience is the best teacher.? People tend to crucify someone in problems when they havent passed through same.

But was she barcoding her phones before marriage ? Possibly yes !! A woman wey no get respect is a nail in the side.
Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by Amya(f): 7:55am On Sep 30, 2013
Your marriage is still new to experience all these. If you're sure your slate is clean and you haven't done anything to her to warrant her recent behaviour, then maybe she's indeed cheating on you.
Maybe she met someone who gives her satisfaction in some way which you don't meet up
. Maybe she's doing all these for you to break up the marriage yourself so she wouldn't be the bad person in the story and would also play the 'hurt' card.
Maybe she's in love with someone.
So many maybes.
Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by swagqueen(f): 8:12am On Sep 30, 2013
Hey guys! This young woman is prolly trying to send a message across to you. Sit down and talk things through with her. Don't be harsh.be calm.don't shout as you would either scare her or aggravate the issue. Communicate! Communicate!! Communicate!!!
Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 30, 2013
chibansky:

thanks for the detailed views, but my two weeks out of my home is spent offshore where the only companion u have is fishes and ur colleagues. am not cheating on my wife.
ok
In that case.you have to make her understand that maybe ur absence isn't what should be of great concern to her.

On the other hand,the other details,u knw what to do to fix them.and take the authoritarian note out of your voice.your wife is your partner and companion.not an errant child beneath you.treat her the exact same way you want her to treat you.

That being said,I don't support her being preoccupied with her phone and not giving u ur needed attention.that's rude

smiley have a nice day.wish ur marriage the best.
Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by UyiIredia(m): 9:38am On Sep 30, 2013
@ chibansky: Abeg divorce ya wife marry loretta. What a sound advice !

On a more serious note, it can't be totally ruled out that your wife is cheating, you'll need a more substantial evidenxe for that till then, all you have is a suspicion. My HUMBlE advice are as follows

* Either report your wife's behaviour to her parents. If they like you they can help reprimand her.

* If you don't want want family in the matter. Talk to her as gently as you can and tell her your mind. Your gentle approach can make her open up.

* Or you can do what my Dad did when he was in a slightly similar situation where he just married my mum and felt she disrespected him. Threaten her with divorce grin
Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by Tyche(m): 9:50am On Sep 30, 2013
Op, if she was cheating, you have messed up any chance of catching her. Your lack of self control have put her in a commanding position.

However, you need to sit down with her and have a chat, calm yourself down and try to know from her if there is anyway you are not doing well as a husband. Then take it from there.

Never show your woman you are angry or agitated, It's umanly
Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 30, 2013
I think you should listen to okpara ugo and forget these women catigating you for making certain moves.
A woman with something to hide would certainly password her phones and other password-able systems denying you access to it.
The issue for me is not that her phone is passworded, the issue is that she won't let you have access to it, THAT SAYS A LOT.
Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by thehunted(m): 10:40am On Sep 30, 2013
@op,
there is something people dont understand. she prefered to go thru all that quarrel than show u who she was chatting with. I can bet u that she is cheating on u. Babes of nowadays cheat a lot and that is the reason guys study them before getting married to them. ever wondered why there are too many single babes? Cos guys arent convinced that these once - upon - a - time -runs babes (most of them ) cant be trusted in marriage. IF SHE CHEATS,SEND HER OUT OF YOUR HOUSE. A CHEATING WOMAN WILL NEVER CHANGE. Imagine amya here(this amya girl wanted to f0rk her aunty`s husband in one old thread so be wary of her advice) said that `Maybe she met someone who gives her satisfaction in some way which you don't meet up`. Why dont she go marry that guy. These babes fork around and still stay married to the rich boys. Most of them do. IF U FIND OUT THAT SHE IS A TYPICAL CHEATING NAIJA BABE,KICK HER ASS OUT AND LET HER JOIN THE SINGLES MARKET. I DONT PITY THESE SINGLE BABES ONE BIT.
Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by swagqueen(f): 11:06am On Sep 30, 2013
thehunted: @op,
Babes of nowadays cheat a lot and that is the reason guys study them before getting married to them. ever wondered why there are too many single babes? Cos guys arent convinced that these once - upon - a - time -runs babes (most of them ) cant be trusted in marriage. IF SHE CHEATS,SEND HER OUT OF YOUR HOUSE. A CHEATING WOMAN WILL NEVER CHANGE. These babes fork around and still stay married to the rich boys. Most of them do. IF U FIND OUT THAT SHE IS A TYPICAL CHEATING NAIJA BABE,KICK HER ASS OUT AND LET HER JOIN THE SINGLES MARKET. I DONT PITY THESE SINGLE BABES ONE BIT.

Guys of nowadays cheat a lot and that is the reason babes study them before getting married to them. Ever wondered why there are so many single guys? Cos babes aren't convinced that these once-upon-a-time gigolos (most of them) can be trusted in marriage. IF HE CHEATS,DIVORCE HIM.A CHEATING MAN WILL NEVER CHANGE! These guys fork around and still stay married to the babes. Most of them do. IF YOU FIND OUT THAT HE IS A TYPICAL CHEATING AFRICAN MAN,KICK HIS A*S*S OUT AND LET HIM JOIN THE BACHELORS MARKET. I DON'T PITY THESE BACHELORS ONE BIT!

2 Likes

Re: I think my wife is cheating on me. by thehunted(m): 11:15am On Sep 30, 2013
swag queen:

Guys of nowadays cheat a lot and that is the reason babes study them before getting married to them. Ever wondered why there are so many single guys? Cos babes aren't convinced that these once-upon-a-time gigolos (most of them) can be trusted in marriage. IF HE CHEATS,DIVORCE HIM.A CHEATING MAN WILL NEVER CHANGE! These guys fork around and still stay married to the babes. Most of them do. IF YOU FIND OUT THAT HE IS A TYPICAL CHEATING AFRICAN MAN,KICK HIS A*S*S OUT AND LET HIM JOIN THE BACHELORS MARKET. I DON'T PITY THESE BACHELORS ONE BIT!

sweetheart,u just wanna be like me.Copy and paste. coloured fonts. Seem u have issues with me or what i wrote. i settle my issues in d bedroom.....expecting u there... wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Look at what I am getting my lover this Christmas / Is Love All About Sex?do Women Really Love It / 12 Reasons You Should Have Sex With Your Partner Every Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.