Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,855 members, 7,879,614 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:22 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (523207 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:01am On Nov 05, 2013
Sal C: Alright.

Am strong, will be discharged today.
Thank God.
wow...happy to hear that. Thank God for His mercy upon you...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by leon12(m): 12:42pm On Nov 05, 2013
I was doing some research and came to know 'bout russia orthodox Church( mostly 60% of population believe in dis faith) and came to know that it was Apostle Andrew(apostle peters brother) who founded this church N to my suprise they share almost same faith and doctrine with catholics. It assured me that all this catholic doctrine is not mere Men doctrine like how most xtain assume it to be. The two church was founded by people who worked with our lord jesus and they founded the church in different part of world but still same faith.. I encourage catholics to be doing more research 'bout dis whole things.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 1:04pm On Nov 05, 2013
leon12: I was doing some research and came to know 'bout russia orthodox Church( mostly 60% of population believe in dis faith) and came to know that it was Apostle Andrew(apostle peters brother) who founded this church N to my suprise they share almost same faith and doctrine with catholics. It assured me that all this catholic doctrine is not mere Men doctrine like how most xtain assume it to be. The two church was founded by people who worked with our lord jesus and they founded the church in different part of world but still same faith.. I encourage catholics to be doing more research 'bout dis whole things.

First thing first, you're most welcome to this Catholic home dear Leon12, feel free to stop by often, and may you be aboundantly blessed.

To your post, there is no doubt we profess the faith taught by Jesus Christ and passed down by the apostles and church father to our present generation. Others only read the scriptures while we read and live the scriptures.

Once again, welcome home.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 2:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
Sal C:

First thing first, you're most welcome to this Catholic home dear Leon12, feel free to stop by often, and may you be aboundantly blessed.

To your post, there is no doubt we profess the faith taught by Jesus Christ and passed down by the apostles and church father to our present generation. Others only read the scriptures while we read and live the scriptures.

Once again, welcome home.

Yes, Yes @leon 12, welcome home. Thanks to you all, dear brethren for your inputs in that purgatory FP thread, to Italo especially for that input, directing brethren to our thread. Let the truth be told for those who will listen and not harden their hearts. Iron sharpens Iron, we keep learning and encouraging each other. I greet you all
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 3:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
leon12: I was doing some research and came to know 'bout russia orthodox Church( mostly 60% of population believe in dis faith) and came to know that it was Apostle Andrew(apostle peters brother) who founded this church N to my suprise they share almost same faith and doctrine with catholics. It assured me that all this catholic doctrine is not mere Men doctrine like how most xtain assume it to be. The two church was founded by people who worked with our lord jesus and they founded the church in different part of world but still same faith.. I encourage catholics to be doing more research 'bout dis whole things.

Welcome to the thread, leon12.

Just to add that both Churches used to be one and the same until the 1054 schism when many Eastern Bishops refused to accept the primacy of the Bishop of Rome - the Pope. They just saw him as first among equals who didnt have any authority over the universal Church. Even the Coptic Church in Egypt used to be one with us until the 6th century. It was founded by St. Mark, the author of "Mark." There still is a great deal of mutual respect among these Churches.

Welcome.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2013
Also check Ethiopian and Indian Catholics. Both were founded by different apostles before missionaries could get to them. We share the same faith but different dressing and mode of worship.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 3:58pm On Nov 05, 2013
Ahhhh! It's good to be home. Thank you Lord!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 3:29am On Nov 06, 2013
We come to you at this moment, our Lord and our God, with the very prayer Jabez prayed in 1chronicles 4:9-10, and you heard him and blessed him. We ask O God that you take away everything that worked or contended against us in the past and bless us indeed. Enlarge our scope Oh Lord, so that we will serve you effectively and b miraculously enriched. Let your hand be upon us. Also shield us from everything that is evil so that they will not cause us pain.. we receive ur blessing now with thanksgiving in Jesus name. Amen

Good morning my beloved brothers and sisters, hope u guys had a wonderful night rest
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 3:55am On Nov 06, 2013
woky: We come to you at this moment, our Lord and our God, with the very prayer Jabez prayed in 1chronicles 4:9-10, and you heard him and blessed him. We ask O God that you take away everything that worked or contended against us in the past and bless us indeed. Enlarge our scope Oh Lord, so that we will serve you effectively and b miraculously enriched. Let your hand be upon us. Also shield us from everything that is evil so that they will not cause us pain.. we receive ur blessing now with thanksgiving in Jesus name. Amen

Good morning my beloved brothers and sisters, hope u guys had a wonderful night rest
Amen to the prayer.

Good morning Woky and all. But seriously woky are you already up for the day?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 4:27am On Nov 06, 2013
Sal C: Amen to the prayer.

Good morning Woky and all. But seriously woky are you already up for the day?
sometin lyk dat.. And why ar u awake??
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:26am On Nov 06, 2013
dis feefle, woky and Sal C, i no de sleep? Good morning ladies and gentle buddies.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:51am On Nov 06, 2013
woky: sometin lyk dat.. And why ar u awake??
wasn't awake.

Lol!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:54am On Nov 06, 2013
Syncan: dis feefle, woky and Sal C, i no de sleep? Good morning ladies and gentle buddies.
I dey sleep oo. Don't know about Woky.

Good morning and do have a blessed day ahead.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 7:08am On Nov 06, 2013
COME, YOU BLESSED OF MY FATHER, SAYS THE
LORD: I WAS SICK, AND YOU VISITED ME. AMEN, I
SAY TO YOU: WHATEVER YOU DID FOR ONE OF
THE LEAST OF MY BRETHREN YOU DID IT FOR
ME!
WE BEGIN THIS DAY IN THE NAME OF THE
FATHER, AND OF THE SON, AND OF THE HOLY
SPIRIT."
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:20am On Nov 06, 2013
Mr. Aladin:
ME!
SPIRIT."
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:23am On Nov 06, 2013
Mr. Aladin:
ME!
SPIRIT."
Amen... May God bless us all and make this day a better day for us through Christ our Lord... Amen. E b lyk say some people dey visit nairaland for dream abi una dey do nyt vigil for nairaland. Sal c n woky me no understand una.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:05am On Nov 06, 2013
Rich4god: Amen... May God bless us all and make this day a better day for us through Christ our Lord... Amen. E b lyk say some people dey visit nairaland for dream abi una dey do nyt vigil for nairaland. Sal c n woky me no understand una.
Bro me sef dey imagine weda na for dream be dat. grin
Rich4god: Amen... May God bless us all and make this day a better day for us through Christ our Lord... Amen. E b lyk say some people dey visit nairaland for dream abi una dey do nyt vigil for nairaland. Sal c n woky me no understand una.
Bro me sef dey imagine weda na for dream be dat.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:44am On Nov 06, 2013
Syncan: dis feefle, woky and Sal C, i no de sleep? Good morning ladies and gentle buddies.
bros no b my fault. Na moskito no allow me sleep.. My ota pia pia finish lol

dnt knw of sal.c may b she dy help their watchman work... Charity begins @ home
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:50am On Nov 06, 2013
grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chidima: 9:25am On Nov 06, 2013
I am so glad to see this thread where we can come and share our faith, grow and learn abt our mother church.

pls how do you convince a person who used to be catholic now sedevacantist to come back to the church. Sedevantists are those that believe that the seat of the pope is vacant. Have u guys heard of them, If you have, what was your encounter like. Also you can check google for more information.

Nice thread.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:08am On Nov 06, 2013
chidima: I am so glad to see this thread where we can come and share our faith, grow and learn abt our mother church.

pls how do you convince a person who used to be catholic now sedevacantist to come back to the church. Sedevantists are those that believe that the seat of the pope is vacant. Have u guys heard of them, If you have, what was your encounter like. Also you can check google for more information.

Nice thread.
I have never come across them before, but here is some question you need to answer or get from them... First of all, do they still believe in the catholic church but without a Pope or did the person left the church because he/she feels that the seat of the pope is vacant....? Also... What makes him to see the seat of the pope to be vacant and after which papcy did he start seeing the seat as been vacant? May be we can start from here...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:12am On Nov 06, 2013
@Sal c n woky... Over to you guys. Welcome our sister Chidima to this thread, as na 2 of una be the St Peter of this thread.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chidima: 11:36am On Nov 06, 2013
ok, firstly, they believe they are the true catholic and not you, they fill we are committing heresy. They broke away after the second vatican council and since then have regarded themselves as the true church .pls research on them. I really need to help someone.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:43am On Nov 06, 2013
chidima: I am so glad to see this thread where we can come and share our faith, grow and learn abt our mother church.

Nice thread.
AS USUAL

Dear Chidima you are highly welcome, trust you are doing great? Your contributions, questions, prayers, and greetings are always welcome here. Relax, you are now home. Remain blessed.

To your question, this is my first time of hearing such. I will look into it.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:47am On Nov 06, 2013
Rich4god: @Sal c n woky... Over to you guys. Welcome our sister Chidima to this thread, as na 2 of una be the St Peter of this thread.
tongue
Rich4god: @Sal c n woky... Over to you guys. Welcome our sister Chidima to this thread, as na 2 of una be the St Peter of this thread.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 5:56pm On Nov 06, 2013
chidima: ok, firstly, they believe they are the true catholic and not you, they fill we are committing heresy. They broke away after the second vatican council and since then have regarded themselves as the true church .pls research on them. I really need to help someone.
Whats the name of their movement/church so that i can make more research about them... Cos for me, this is the first time am hearing about them.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:41pm On Nov 06, 2013
Sedevacantist
Rich4god: Whats the name of their movement/church so that i can make more research about them... Cos for me, this is the first time am hearing about them.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 7:16pm On Nov 06, 2013
Sal C: Sedevacantist
if u are having a debate with a sedecaventist, i'll gladly offer backup.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ubenedictus: if u are having a debate with a sedecaventist, i'll gladly offer backup.
Please the backup is needed here, though it's for our sister Chidima but we can also learn from it.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 9:53pm On Nov 06, 2013

Nice thread.
My dear, jst as you ar glad to see this thread, so we ar glad to see you here.

You ar most welcome and its a great pleasure to have ur presence here.
Come freely and leave somthin of the happiness you bring and don't forget to come often because your contributions and prayes ar always needed.

As to ur post, i dnt knw anytin abt it.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chidima: 1:31am On Nov 07, 2013
Ubenedictus: if u are having a debate with a sedecaventist, i'll gladly offer backup.

thank God. I need back up. pls start with their beliefs and refute them accordingly. Believe you would never want to argue with one, if you are not informed.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:14am On Nov 07, 2013
chidima:

thank God. I need back up. pls start with their beliefs and refute them accordingly. Believe you would never want to argue with one, if you are not informed.
To start with, i want u to knw that sedevantist did not break away from the church on matters of faith and doctrine, rather they seperated from the church on ground of dogma and the church's old tradition, mainly becos of Vatican 2 outcome and there are many subgroup among them with each having there reason of seperation. So before you can engage them, you need to the main reason why he claim to be a sedevacantist or better still if he can tell you which of the subgroup he belong to.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.