Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,870 members, 7,879,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:28 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (523212 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:09am On Nov 13, 2013
smileyIt is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is his faithfulness.
Good morning brethren, remain blessed.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:12am On Nov 13, 2013
Syncan and Woky where are you?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 9:49am On Nov 13, 2013
Rich4god: Plz explain.
d homily at mass is the expression of d church's teaching authority passed to d apostle and their successors, it is called the ordinary magisterium. Only d assitants of d bishops (d priest and deacon) may lawfully preach d mass homily. The rubrics are very clear, at mass d homily is given by those ordained to do so. A layman homily at mass is a gross violation of d laws of worship, d rubrics and d interpretation of d vat2 document on d liturgy sacrosantum concilium.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 1:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
italo: Thank you for this.

About my promised thread, I'm still working on it. My internet was really slow over the weekend so I had a backlog of work to attend to.

Let's watch out for this weekend.

No pee. Anytime boss
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 1:40pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ubenedictus: d priest abused d liturgy.
You are very right and I could see on the face of some parishioners that they were not pleased with it, but this is the same cath church I attended last year where during Lent they didnt celebrate mass instead they did a penintential service. so no Eucharist. (i was so mad because that meant for I went without the sacred meal for 3 weeks) Then everyone processed to the front and joined hands with Father and said "forgive father for I have sinned" and he would say some words of contrition. Me prsonallt thought Fada was being lazy, but hey that is the only english speaking church in The Hague, so we must attend it. My colleague said the Dutch speaking ones are even worse that I shldnt bother trying to attend.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 4:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
italo: I have never heard or read or even dreamt of homily by a lay person.

Except someone is about to teach me something new.
there is also d case of a consecration where the priest allow everyone to stand when the rubrics clearly says to knell. The king of heaven come down in glory and we can't even get on our kneels.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 4:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
babestell:
You are very right and I could see on the face of some parishioners that they were not pleased with it, but this is the same cath church I attended last year where during Lent they didnt celebrate mass instead they did a penintential service. so no Eucharist. (i was so mad because that meant for I went without the sacred meal for 3 weeks) Then everyone processed to the front and joined hands with Father and said "forgive father for I have sinned" and he would say some words of contrition. Me prsonallt thought Fada was being lazy, but hey that is the only english speaking church in The Hague, so we must attend it. My colleague said the Dutch speaking ones are even worse that I shldnt bother trying to attend.
that is just too bad, lent without mass, there is a serious problem in d west.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:01am On Nov 14, 2013
Sal C: Syncan and Woky where are you?

I cannot answer for the other guyman...he is old enough to answer for himself...but I have been preoccupied by other matters and could only take an occasional peep. I remain with you all in love. Woky over to you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:10am On Nov 14, 2013
babestell:

If this wasn't a spiritual matter, it will actually have made for a good comic relief.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:17am On Nov 14, 2013
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
Syncan:

I cannot answer for the other guyman...he is old enough to answer for himself...but I have been preoccupied by other matters and could only take an occasional peep. I remain with you all in love. Woky over to you.
Thank God.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 7:12am On Nov 15, 2013
The heavens declare the glory of God and the
firmament proclaims the work of His hands.

Gracias @ all
The will of God has began to manifest in the lives of my family members.

I really appreciate your prayers.

The Lord be with you!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:41am On Nov 15, 2013
Mr. Aladin:

Gracias @ all
The will of God has began to manifest in the lives of my family member.

The Lord be with you!

May God be praised. May He sustain those favours; that His name be glorified forever.

peace be with you brethren.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:42am On Nov 15, 2013
Sal C: Thank God.

Amen....and thank you too.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 7:45am On Nov 15, 2013
Queen of the Most Holy ROSARY

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:12am On Nov 15, 2013
Mr. Aladin:

Gracias @ all

The Lord be with you!
And so I am sure that God who began this good work in you will carry it on until it is finished on the day of Jesus Christ Phil 1V6.

All glory be to God and may his work in your family remain permanent.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
Mr. Aladin:

Gracias @ all

The Lord be with you!

God is giving you a sign. God is telling you something: "if you remain close to me, no one can touch you."

Now is the time to intensify your prayer and sacramental life.

Foward ever!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 2:45am On Nov 16, 2013
Mr. Aladin:

Gracias @ all

The Lord be with you!
And with your spirit.
May the Good Lord perfect what he just started in your lives In Jesus Name. Amen
I love it when i Read testimonies from my catholic bretherns, hope you will share yours with us sooneeest?
Peace
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 3:21am On Nov 16, 2013
Pope Francis described the communion of saints as the spiritual fraternity between the saints. But he added this unity extends to Catholics today, which are all united to the Body of Christ. As a result of this communion, the Pope said, Catholics should support each other spiritually. Pope Francis explains what we can learn from the Communion of Saints

ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF THE POPE'S CATECHESIS

Dear Brothers and Sisters:
In our catechesis on the Creed, we now reflect on “the communion of saints.” As the Catechism of the Catholic Church reminds us, this is a communion “in holy things” and “among holy persons” (No. 948).
The communion of saints is the deepest reality of the Church, because in Christ, through Baptism, we are made sharers in the communion of life and love which is the Blessed Trinity.
As such, we are united to one another in the Body of Christ. Through this fraternal communion we draw nearer to God and we are called to support one another spiritually.
The communion of saints does not only embrace the Church on earth; it also embraces all who have died in Christ, the souls in purgatory and the saints in heaven.
We experience this solidarity between heaven and earth in our intercessory prayer and in the feasts of All Saints and All Souls which we shall soon celebrate. ( Already celebrated, this post is late)

Salient point

The communion of saints is not all about asking our "CELESTIAL BRETHRENS" to pray and obtain graces for us, it also involves praying for the souls in purgatory ..............AND............. helping each other (here on earth) spiritually by praying for others, educating others on Matters of Faith, counselling e.t.c

what a great communion.
Peace.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 3:26am On Nov 16, 2013
thank you for this wonderful thread. I have been viewing this forum and this section from the sideline(as guest) I decided to register because i'm tired , yet you heard me well , 'm tired of protestants attacking us, insulting us and rubbishing our beliefs , and I really think we deserve a catholic section since they claim we ain't Christian . angry angry angry angry anyway i'm Catholic before anything
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 3:27am On Nov 16, 2013
superior1: Can someone help me with biblical verses where Christians are asked to pray with Rosary
Get lost
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 6:48am On Nov 16, 2013
Sal C: Syncan and Woky where are you?
am here!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 6:50am On Nov 16, 2013
POPE II: thank you for this wonderful thread. I have been viewing this forum and this section from the sideline(as guest) I decided to register because i'm tired , yet you heard me well , 'm tired of protestants attacking us, insulting us and rubbishing our beliefs , and I really think we deserve a catholic section since they claim we ain't Christian . angry angry angry angry anyway i'm Catholic before anything
good to see U bro

sal.c pls welcm our brother, Pope II
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 7:03am On Nov 16, 2013
woky: good to see U bro

sal.c pls welcm our brother, Pope II
thank, it feels really good to be among my brothers in faith

@Mr Aladin sorry for your family issues, please keep praying and having Faith, God can't forget his children

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 7:07am On Nov 16, 2013
Mr. Aladin:

Gracias @ all

The Lord be with you!
may the Lord also be with you and ur family bro..

Hopin to hear a great testimony from u soon!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:23am On Nov 16, 2013
The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth and even forevermore Ps 121V8

Good morning brethren and do have a blessed day ahead.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:33am On Nov 16, 2013
damerry: Pope Francis described the communion of saints as the spiritual fraternity between the saints. But he added this unity extends to Catholics today, which are all united to the Body of Christ. As a result of this communion, the Pope said, Catholics should support each other spiritually. Pope Francis explains what we can learn from the Communion of Saints

ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF THE POPE'S CATECHESIS

Dear Brothers and Sisters:
In our catechesis on the Creed, we now reflect on “the communion of saints.” As the Catechism of the Catholic Church reminds us, this is a communion “in holy things” and “among holy persons” (No. 948).
The communion of saints is the deepest reality of the Church, because in Christ, through Baptism, we are made sharers in the communion of life and love which is the Blessed Trinity.
As such, we are united to one another in the Body of Christ. Through this fraternal communion we draw nearer to God and we are called to support one another spiritually.
The communion of saints does not only embrace the Church on earth; it also embraces all who have died in Christ, the souls in purgatory and the saints in heaven.
We experience this solidarity between heaven and earth in our intercessory prayer and in the feasts of All Saints and All Souls which we shall soon celebrate. ( Already celebrated, this post is late)

Salient point

The communion of saints is not all about asking our "CELESTIAL BRETHRENS" to pray and obtain graces for us, it also involves praying for the souls in purgatory ..............AND............. helping each other (here on earth) spiritually by praying for others, educating others on Matters of Faith, counselling e.t.c

what a great communion.
Peace.
The communion of the saints: the triumphant church intercede for the pilgrim church, the pilgrim church learn from the triumphant church and ask for their intercession while in turn pray for the suffering church, the suffering church; when our prayers finally aid them, in return intersceed for the pilgrim church.

Let's find joy in the communion of the saints. Dominus vobiscum.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:41am On Nov 16, 2013
POPE II: thank you for this wonderful thread. I have been viewing this forum and this section from the sideline(as guest) I decided to register because i'm tired , yet you heard me well , 'm tired of protestants attacking us, insulting us and rubbishing our beliefs , and I really think we deserve a catholic section since they claim we ain't Christian . angry angry angry angry anyway i'm Catholic before anything
As our tradition has always been in this Catholic home, We welcome you wholeheartedly dear POPE11.

You are in the right home both here and outside(the mother church).
Feel free to stop by often and may you be richly blessed by God.

Once again WELCOME POPE11
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 7:42am On Nov 16, 2013
Sal C: The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth and even forevermore Ps 121V8

tnkx and you too
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:44am On Nov 16, 2013
woky: am here!!
You've been as scarce as the american visa, hope all is well?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:46am On Nov 16, 2013
woky: am here!!

Welcome sir.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:48am On Nov 16, 2013
Sal C: The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth and even forevermore Ps 121V8

Amen. Amen. May your day be blessed too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.