Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,466 members, 7,978,520 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 09:48 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (529519 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by titoetal(m): 11:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kamsified:
I wish you the same dearie
You're welcome always

In a whisper *where did you see me? shocked smiley

I meant your posts on 11th and 18th at pages 193 & 194. I dropped by too at 193. Already digesting some articles from the link from Vest; www.matt1618...
Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
modestdude: grin Thanks for watching my back.
If I, as the honorable secretary to the pope grin don't watch your back bro, who will?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
titoetal:

I meant your posts on 11th and 18th at pages 193 & 194. I dropped by too at 193. Already digesting some articles from the link from Vest; www.matt1618...
Cheers!!
Oh I see
And Yea I appreciated that link too
Re: A Thread For Catholics by titoetal(m): 11:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kamsified:
Oh I see
And Yea I appreciated that link too

It's nice dear. I love to enrich myself with valuable teachings of the Church's Doctors. Hence, l tap into any available window for that purpose.

Wishing you a Spirit filled Eucharistic celebration and a great week ahead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 2:09am On Sep 21, 2014
@Kamsified... Thanks alot for the complement...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 2:32am On Sep 21, 2014
Day 3
Reflection taken from Mark 3:1-6. You can also read Luke 13:10-17.

3 Again he entered the synagogue, and a
man was there who had a withered hand. 2
They watched him to see whether he would
cure him on the sabbath, so that they might
accuse him.3 And he said to the man who
had the withered hand, “Come forward.” 4
Then he said to them, “Is it lawful to do
good or to do harm on the sabbath, to save
life or to kill?” But they were silent.5 He
looked around at them with anger; he was
grieved at their hardness of heart and said
to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” He
stretched it out, and his hand was restored.
6 The Pharisees went out and immediately
conspired with the Herodians against him,
how to destroy him..
In this passage, we see clearly that the pharisees were against Christ healing on the sabbath day. Today, so many of us are like that. We neglect one of the important commandment of God just so as to fulfill the law which we feel is more important. Most times, we might have encountered a situation where people need our help, but because we are on our way to mass, fellowship or one group meeting or the other, we neglected them, even when we know that we could be of help. Also, we might have neighbour/friends who are in need financially but we prefer to go to church and make a huge donation/pay tithe/ do all the offering than giving them something. At the end, we say its cos we dont have money, not knowing that God might have kept us close to them for a reason. We are not saying you shouldnt pay tithe/offering/donation. But in the eyes of God, material sacrifice to your fellow man is far better than material sacrifice to him. The thing He wants from you is spiritual sacrifice. Remember the two greatest commandment, Love of God and Love of neighbour. How then can you show love to your neighbour if not by helping him the best way you can even if it means breaking the common laws that people tend to attach importance to, which ofcourse doesnt mean you have to sin. Remember the scenerios where the pharisees accused Christ's disciples of not keeping to the laws of the land/sabbath... On one occassion was when the disciples were picking corn from the field on a day they were supposed to fast, another was when the disciples ate without washing hands according to custom. We all know the reply that Christ gave the pharisees. Or is it in the old testament when David and his men went into the temple to eat the food made for the priest. All these examples are trying to show us that even though the laws are there, it shouldnt keep us from showing love to our fellow man. In today's passage, Christ healed the man with a cripple hand, despite protest from the pharisees to show to them that love of neighbour is all that we need and that covers alot of things.
We pray that God will give us the grace to help our neighbours anytime the opportunity comes up... For its in giving that we recieve...
Have a wonderful sunday friends... Pardon my typos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by modestdude(m): 10:04am On Sep 21, 2014
Rich4god: This is the simplest form of the novena prayer, which can be said with ease and matter of 2min... O Glorious Saint Vincent de Paul,
the mention of your name suggests a litany
of your virtues:
humility, zeal, mercy, self-sacrifice.
It also recalls your many foundations:
Works of Mercy, Congregations, Societies.
The Church gratefully remembers your
promotion of the priesthood.
Inspire all Charitable Workers,
especially those who minister,
to both the spiritually and the materially
poor.
O Lord, give us the grace that You
bestowed upon,
your servant St. Vincent de Paul,
to relinquish the temptation of material
things,
in our holy effort to minister to the poor.
Amen.
Our Father...
Hail Mary...
Glory Be...
Permit me sir, to add another prayer to St Vincent de Paul.

O glorious st. Vincent, heavenly patron of all charitable associations, and father of all the unfortunate who in your lifetime did not reject anyone who had recourse to you, see by how many evils we are oppressed. Obtain from our Lord help for the poor, solace for the sick, consolation for the afflicted, protection for the abandoned, charity for the rich, conversion for sinners, zeal for priests, peace for the church, tranquility among nations and salvation for all. May all feel the effects of your merciful intercession, that sustained by you in the miseries of this life, we may be able to join you above, where there will be no more strife, lamentation or sorrow, but joy, exaltation and beatitude for ever. Amen

St. Vincent de Paul....Pray for us

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by IFY124(f): 11:11am On Sep 21, 2014
Happy sunday friends. Kamsified thanks for adking after me. I am fine. How was today's mass?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 21, 2014
Happy Blessed Sunday smiley
To everyone

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by livebullet(m): 11:28am On Sep 21, 2014
please like this page on facebook..Catholic and Proud. Also join this new catholic social netwrk; Catholicgo.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:47am On Sep 21, 2014
jenoncam: Happy Blessed Sunday smiley
To everyone
Thanks dear... Welcome to our midst... In the absence of my mumsy, the pope secretary will give you a warm welcome...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by lordnammy(m): 11:59am On Sep 21, 2014
Happy sunday fellow catholics

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by titoetal(m): 12:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
Happy Sunday and new week to you all, my beloved brethren in the faith. My prayer for us all this week and always is Matt.5:13-14. Let our lights continue to shine forth and illuminate our environments. Let our lives/actions be the scriptures that others will read and lead souls to Christ.
May His grace strengthen us on this Pilgrimage of life - Amen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hi all,

is anyone in the house going for the beatification of Opus Dei prelate Don Alvarro?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 4:06pm On Sep 21, 2014
modestdude: Thanks Kamsi, nice to meet you too. Babestell is not a trouble maker o, Nerdy peeps don't make trouble smiley

thanks for the vote of faith.....smiley smiley smiley

Welcome to the group and I can't wait for you to e-meet syncan. He's another nearly fada in the group until love arrested him and now he is "daddy" smiley smiley

You are supposed to tell us your parish
Re: A Thread For Catholics by wonda26(m): 4:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kamsified:

To mention but a few
I greet you all

Bros... Really nice of you to ask of me. . Real nice, I the ya. Happy sunday smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
Happy sunday brethren, how una dey?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
Where are the chelsea fans here? What happened? You sold Lampard and he stole your show today Smh.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
Welcome to all the newbies in the house, ..... It's nice to have you home, feel free here and contribute, pray, advice, ask questions, chat, encourage...just name it! We learn from one another. May God bless you abundantly

Once again welcome, vest, Lordnammy, jenoncam, modestdude , polkabluedot, wonda26, btoks, Tuneller, Frankysnow, exxell, clemigho, livebullet, have fun staying with us smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2014
wonda26:

Bros... Really nice of you to ask of me. . Real nice, I the ya. Happy sunday smiley
Happy Sunday to you too dearie

Btw I'm actually your sister. Looks like enemies of progress removed the 'f' I had next to my name. embarassed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 6:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
cool cool cool cool cool cool shocked shocked shocked shocked

Wait a minute
I sighteth ghost. Queen salc Omg!!!!!!
All welcome mommy of the house
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
titoetal:

It's nice dear. I love to enrich myself with valuable teachings of the Church's Doctors. Hence, l tap into any available window for that purpose.

Wishing you a Spirit filled Eucharistic celebration and a great week ahead.
Same here dearest. A great week ahead to you also
Remain salty
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kamsified: cool cool cool cool cool cool shocked shocked shocked shocked

Wait a minute
I sighteth ghost. Queen salc Omg!!!!!!
All welcome mommy of the house
Lol My Lady! I greet you, happy sunday, how have you been? Missed youu lots smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 6:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
Rich4god: Day 3
Reflection taken from Mark 3:1-6. You can also read Luke 13:10-17.

3 Again he entered the synagogue, and a
man was there who had a withered hand. 2
They watched him to see whether he would
cure him on the sabbath, so that they might
accuse him.3 And he said to the man who
had the withered hand, “Come forward.” 4
Then he said to them, “Is it lawful to do
good or to do harm on the sabbath, to save
life or to kill?” But they were silent.5 He
looked around at them with anger; he was
grieved at their hardness of heart and said
to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” He
stretched it out, and his hand was restored.
6 The Pharisees went out and immediately
conspired with the Herodians against him,
how to destroy him..
In this passage, we see clearly that the pharisees were against Christ healing on the sabbath day. Today, so many of us are like that. We neglect one of the important commandment of God just so as to fulfill the law which we feel is more important. Most times, we might have encountered a situation where people need our help, but because we are on our way to mass, fellowship or one group meeting or the other, we neglected them, even when we know that we could be of help. Also, we might have neighbour/friends who are in need financially but we prefer to go to church and make a huge donation/pay tithe/ do all the offering than giving them something. At the end, we say its cos we dont have money, not knowing that God might have kept us close to them for a reason. We are not saying you shouldnt pay tithe/offering/donation. But in the eyes of God, material sacrifice to your fellow man is far better than material sacrifice to him. The thing He wants from you is spiritual sacrifice. Remember the two greatest commandment, Love of God and Love of neighbour. How then can you show love to your neighbour if not by helping him the best way you can even if it means breaking the common laws that people tend to attach importance to, which ofcourse doesnt mean you have to sin. Remember the scenerios where the pharisees accused Christ's disciples of not keeping to the laws of the land/sabbath... On one occassion was when the disciples were picking corn from the field on a day they were supposed to fast, another was when the disciples ate without washing hands according to custom. We all know the reply that Christ gave the pharisees. Or is it in the old testament when David and his men went into the temple to eat the food made for the priest. All these examples are trying to show us that even though the laws are there, it shouldnt keep us from showing love to our fellow man. In today's passage, Christ healed the man with a cripple hand, despite protest from the pharisees to show to them that love of neighbour is all that we need and that covers alot of things.
We pray that God will give us the grace to help our neighbours anytime the opportunity comes up... For its in giving that we recieve...
Have a wonderful sunday friends... Pardon my typos

Quoted for future reference
Thanks for sharing

Happy Sunday sweetheart
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
SalC: Lol My Lady! I greet you, happy sunday, how have you been? Missed youu lots smiley
Missed you more. How are you feeling? Hope you're fit now.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
modestdude: Permit me sir, to add another prayer to St Vincent de Paul.

O glorious st. Vincent, heavenly patron of all charitable associations, and father of all the unfortunate who in your lifetime did not reject anyone who had recourse to you, see by how many evils we are oppressed. Obtain from our Lord help for the poor, solace for the sick, consolation for the afflicted, protection for the abandoned, charity for the rich, conversion for sinners, zeal for priests, peace for the church, tranquility among nations and salvation for all. May all feel the effects of your merciful intercession, that sustained by you in the miseries of this life, we may be able to join you above, where there will be no more strife, lamentation or sorrow, but joy, exaltation and beatitude for ever. Amen

St. Vincent de Paul....Pray for us

A big AMEN I say
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
IFY124: Happy sunday friends. Kamsified thanks for adking after me. I am fine. How was today's mass?
It was refreshing thanks love
Happy Sunday to you too

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
jenoncam: Happy Blessed Sunday smiley
To everyone
Same to you dearie
On behalf of pope II and council, you're welcome to the house. Peeping is not allowed biko. Like salc said, we learn from one another so feel free to leave comments, prayers, questions etc
Welcome once again dear one
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
livebullet: please like this page on facebook..Catholic and Proud. Also join this new catholic social netwrk; Catholicgo.com
Ok bro. Happy Sunday to you dear
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kamsified:
Missed you more. How are you feeling? Hope you're fit now.
Thanks dearie, am fine, lol I've been fit for long, just took a break to fix some things, hopefully, am back now, I see you are leaving no stone unturned in carrying out your vatican assignment, I lack words to thank you, may God bless and reward you plenty smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
SalC: Thanks dearie, am fine, lol I've been fit for long, just took a break to fix somethings, hopefully, am back now, I see you are leaving no stone unturned in carry out your vatican assignment, I lack words to thank you, may God bless and reward you plenty smiley
You're welcome my madam, trying to pick up from where you stopped before you disappeared. Really nice to have you back.

Ehe *in a whisper* Biko did you see Syncan?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
Rich4god: Thanks dear... Welcome to our midst... In the absence of my mumsy, the pope secretary will give you a warm welcome...
Done smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (505) (Reply)

Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.