Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,212 members, 7,873,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:42 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (522937 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
lordnammy: Happy sunday fellow catholics
Same to you dear. How was your day today?
On behalf of the good people of Vatican, you're most welcome to this house wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
titoetal: Happy Sunday and new week to you all, my beloved brethren in the faith. My prayer for us all this week and always is Matt.5:13-14. Let our lights continue to shine forth and illuminate our environments. Let our lives/actions be the scriptures that others will read and lead souls to Christ.
May His grace strengthen us on this Pilgrimage of life - Amen.
Amen thanks bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kamsified:
You're welcome my madam, trying to pick up from where you stopped before you disappeared. Really nice to have you back.

Ehe *in a whisper* Biko did you see Syncan?
The pleasure is mine ....

Ah Syncan?...he has gone back to the monastery to complete a little assignment, God is with him. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by wonda26(m): 7:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kamsified:
Happy Sunday to you too dearie

Btw I'm actually your sister. Looks like enemies of progress removed the 'f' I had next to my name. embarassed
Aww! My bad! Apologies. I like the name tho' Any story behind it? cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by modestdude(m): 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
babestell:

thanks for the vote of faith.....smiley smiley smiley

Welcome to the group and I can't wait for you to e-meet syncan. He's another nearly fada in the group until love arrested him and now he is "daddy" smiley smiley

You are supposed to tell us your parish
Thanks Babestell, I have been a silent follower of this thread, always hitting the like button. Its cool to feel belonged now.

Syncan I know as an active member here, would be nice to e-meet him cheesy so we can arrange mass and confessions here. grin

I have two workstation parishes (Ado Ekiti and Benin) and home parish in Owerri. My parish in Ado is Blessed Michael Iwene Tansi Igbo Catholic Chaplaincy, while that of Benin is St Fidelis Catholic Parish Aduwawa Benin City. Home Parish is St. Paul's Catholic Parish Owerri
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
wonda26:
Aww! My bad! Apologies. I like the name tho' Any story behind it? cheesy
Lol. D name is Kamsy(Kamsiyochukwu) meaning 'the way I asked of The Lord'

Francistony is the one that Kamsified the name one day like that cheesy and I liked the Kamsified version, hence I ported to it after the nairaland Tsunami smiley

FT ngwanu tell him how u came up with Kamsified tongue

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
modestdude: Thanks Babestell, I have been a silent follower of this thread, always hitting the like button. Its cool to feel belonged now.

Syncan I know as an active member here, would be nice to e-meet him cheesy so we can arrange mass and confessions here. grin

I have two workstation parishes (Ado Ekiti and Benin) and home parish in Owerri. My parish in Ado is Blessed Michael Iwene Tansi Igbo Catholic Chaplaincy, while that of Benin is St Fidelis Catholic Parish Aduwawa Benin City. Home Parish is St. Paul's Catholic Parish Owerri

Only one person all these parishes. Smh. And yet he left the seminary o
Let your P in C,Syncan come first, let me find out how many parishes he belongs to cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:38pm On Sep 21, 2014
babestell: Hi all,

is anyone in the house going for the beatification of Opus Dei prelate Don Alvarro?
I think you should be telling us these things like some months in advance na.Just hearing it from you now. Are you going?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
SalC: The pleasure is mine ....

Ah Syncan?...he has gone back to the monastery to complete a little assignment, God is with him. smiley

Ok. Good to know he's fine
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
MrAladin, how is your brother now, my prayers with him and your family at large
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
@modestdude don't mind me o. We also need people like you and Syncan on this side.
Cant wait for Syncan to come back from monastery
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
Damerry congratulations! Am happy for you, GO! Do your very best, have faith in God, your success is sure! smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
modestdude: Thanks Babestell, I have been a silent follower of this thread, always hitting the like button. Its cool to feel belonged now.

Ndi otu anyi, smiley Single member of multiple parishes, weldone smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
Jnrbayano I salute you
Re: A Thread For Catholics by modestdude(m): 7:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kamsified:

Only one person all these parishes. Smh yet he left the seminary
Let Syncan come first, let me find out how many parishes he belongs to cheesy
I cant be at a place (Benin) for 3months without attending mass. My job has made me attend Holy mass in so many parishes, thanks to the universality of the church. Move around and celebrate mass in other parishes of different cultural backgrounds and feel the glory of God. I bet you, you will be wowed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kamsified: Jnrbayano I salute you

Nwaoma..hope you had a great day

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 9:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kamsified:
I think you should be telling us these things like a month in advance na.Just hearing it from you now. Are you going?

My dear. I am not going. I actually signed ip for it but my work calender no gree me. Just curious to know of anyone going from here
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 9:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mummy welcome back. Thank God for safely re solving issues. Abeg tell Syncan to pray for us

SalC: The pleasure is mine ....

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
modestdude: I cant be at a place (Benin) for 3months without attending mass. My job has made me attend Holy mass in so many parishes, thanks to the universality of the church. Move around and celebrate mass in other parishes of different cultural backgrounds and feel the glory of God. I bet you, you will be wowed

ok but I still support what she said. All these parishes and you still didn't finish fada school. Oya explain again
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
babestell:

My dear. I am not going. I actually signed ip for it but my work calender no gree me. Just curious to know of anyone going from here
Eiyaa. Ok let's see if anyone is going
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
babestell:

ok but I still support what she said. All these parishes and you still didn't finish fada school. Oya explain again
@modestdude ndooo
Shebi I warned you cheesy cheesy cheesy

*continues following*
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
jnrbayano:

Nwaoma..hope you had a great day
Yes dearie.thank u for asking
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
Pls i ve a question. Who trains the missionary or religous priests? Are they responsible 4 their training or does the mission cater 4 them? Tnk.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by modestdude(m): 10:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
SalC: Ndi otu anyi, smiley Single member of multiple parishes, weldone smiley

Nwanne Kedu? Na soo, we are members of all the parishes, be it anywhere. grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
Davik01: Pls i ve a question. Who trains the missionary or religous priests? Are they responsible 4 their training or does the mission cater 4 them? Tnk.

Tag: Ubenedictus, Syncan, Modestdude, Italo

@Davik01 Hopefully they'll have an answer for you cos I know not. But first of all, are you a catholic? If yes,Which parish?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by modestdude(m): 10:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
babestell:

I ve explained that before. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by modestdude(m): 10:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
Davik01: Pls i ve a question. Who trains the missionary or religous priests? Are they responsible 4 their training or does the mission cater 4 them? Tnk.
They are responsible for their training viz tuition, academic and spiritual materials etc however, the missionary supports them with feeding from farm proceeds and food donations from parishes. Also, the tuition is usually subsidized

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by modestdude(m): 10:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kamsified:
@modestdude ndooo
Shebi I warned you cheesy cheesy cheesy

*continues following*
Babestell wan make I put my story for NTA sunday newsline grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
babestell: Mummy welcome back. Thank God for safely re solving issues. Abeg tell Syncan to pray for us

Thanks dearie, ..Sure he will, he usually does, smiley

Seems you've been placing some people on semi hot seat in recent times, me likey....cheesy Weldone!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
modestdude: Nwanne Kedu? Na soo, we are members of all the parishes, be it anywhere. grin
That is one of the beauties of being a child of the unique mother church, ...anyone who has not explore that is missing some interesting aspect of the church grin

I once attended mass at St Augustine's parish ibusa in delta state and I was wowed by the blend of culture and religion, you need to see the cultural representation of the last super side by side with the popular pictorial representation of the last supper we all know, and the famous response of "iseee" in place of Amen. There was a typical example of inculturation there, the one i experienced in Benue State was in another level all together.

Yet, One God, One faith, One baptism. Long live the mother church. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kamsified:

Tag: Ubenedictus, Syncan, Modestdude, italo

@Davik01 Hopefully they'll have an answer for you cos I know not. But first of all, are you a catholic? If yes,Which parish?
Tag Uben? *coughs*

Tag Syncan? Lol

Tag Modestdude? That's cool

Tag italo? I can give a resounding No for now, but who knows tomorrow?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
modestdude: Babestell wan make I put my story for NTA sunday newsline grin
That's not a bad idea though tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.