Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,965 members, 7,942,447 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:13 AM

Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know - Nairaland / General (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know (29952 Views)

Some Disturbing Facts You Probably Don't Know About DEATH. / Random Photos Of Some Beautifully Decorated Areas In Lagos / 10 Random Facts About Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (32) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by onila(f): 12:45am On Oct 13, 2013
Kingmojo: Onila, how come u didn't answer my question
which one
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 12:46am On Oct 13, 2013
onila: Most Ghanaian Parliamentarians are looking to increase their $1300a month salary to $3000. Their Nigerian Counterparts earn $198,000 a month

$198,000 a month? Are u sure about that. Damn Nigeria politics is the best job in the world.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 13, 2013
Kingmojo: Onila baby, do u have a nigerian accent or British. If u have a British accent then it is a done deal. Get ready to be deflower, because I am going to start making the arrangement to marry you.

Also can u speak pidgin, that would just put the icing on the cake.

I am a sucker for girls with British accent and ones that pidgin English the way mercy johnson or tonto dikeh speaks it.

This
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by onila(f): 12:48am On Oct 13, 2013
Nigeria-Trained Doctors Rank 2nd on UK Blacklist
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by onila(f): 12:49am On Oct 13, 2013
Kingmojo:

This
lol I dont live in the UK but North America

I dont speak pidgin fluently but hear perfectly
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 12:50am On Oct 13, 2013
onila: Nigeria-Trained Doctors Rank 2nd on UK Blacklist

Blacklist as in among black people or blacklist as in banned
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 13, 2013
onila: lol I dont live in the UK but North America

Why did I think u live in The UK. Which country/state
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by onila(f): 12:51am On Oct 13, 2013
Kingmojo:

$198,000 a month? Are u sure about that. Damn Nigeria politics is the best job in the world.
naa Naija thieves

Ghanaian lawmakers say they have found a novel way to curb corruption, by doubling their own pay.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 13, 2013
onila: lol I dont live in the UK but North America

Same here I can understand it but can't speak a lick to save my life.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 12:54am On Oct 13, 2013
onila: naa Naija thieves

Ghanaian lawmakers say they have found a novel way to curb corruption, by doubling their own pay.

Still a sweet job, u should see how these politician kids live in America. They drive the best cars and have the best clothes.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by onila(f): 12:57am On Oct 13, 2013
Kingmojo:

Why did I think u live in The UK. Which country/state
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 1:00am On Oct 13, 2013
Sweet, not that far away from me.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Fulaman198(m): 4:50am On Oct 13, 2013
Kingmojo:

Is a fact, he is not lying. Ghanaian has the most polish English on Africa. Lots of Nigerians agree with this. I posted an article earlier written by a nigerian about Ghanaian been more polished when it comes to the English language.

Some words pronounce by Ghanaians are not perfect just like some words pronounce by Nigerians are not perfect. Overall Ghanaians have better diction.

Americans pronounce water, wader. You can't say Americans are terrible at the English language.

Read this article

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/dele-a-sonubi/the-nigerian-phonetic-and-the-ghanaians-prejudice.html

https://www.nairaland.com/1260303/speaks-english-better-nigeria-ghana

Why does it even matter who speaks better English? why should one pride themselves over speaking a European language (foreign language) the best?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Adamskuty(m): 8:02am On Oct 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

Why does it even matter who speaks better English? why should one pride themselves over speaking a European language (foreign language) the best?
lool fulaman,u have said it all grin no wonder ayanle always mock us

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Adamskuty(m): 8:10am On Oct 13, 2013
nanajec: lolz

All y'all trying to hang me just pronounce 13 and 34 and we close the case....
oh and tortoise too.... you can send me the audio clip......
last one is Agnes.....looooooooooooolz...

Even the naija actress and actors know better to reform their accents
kill urself ,try pronouncing foetus,hair and impasse for me grin

keep on showcasing ur inferiority complex,i'm sure u are one of those that cant speak their native languages and feel ashamed when talking about it! Well,we all know how inferior peeps from that side can be grin dont u agree with me?

Meanwhile send me the audio clip i will love to crack my ribs alitte.. Her...hair grin
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 13, 2013
Onila-is-cool:
The World's largest Jersey was made & signed by Thousands of Nigerians in February 2013,to support the Eagles who went on to win the AFCON
cool cool
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Obrafour(m): 8:44am On Oct 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

Eh! Ao! My Brother talk again! Mental Slavery.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Obrafour(m): 8:47am On Oct 13, 2013
Adamskuty: kill urself ,try pronouncing foetus,hair and impasse for me grin

keep on showcasing ur inferiority complex,i'm sure u are one of those that cant speak their native languages and feel ashamed when talking about it! Well,we all know how inferior peeps from that side can be grin dont u agree with me?

Meanwhile send me the audio clip i will love to crack my ribs alitte.. Her...hair grin

Please that is not fair, don't paint all of us with one brush! I have already expressed my disgust on this comparison. Total fuckupdness.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Adamskuty(m): 12:45pm On Oct 13, 2013
Obrafour:

Please that is not fair, don't paint all of us with one brush! I have already expressed my disgust on this comparison. Total fuckupdness.
lol! I'm sorry,but the girl sound harsh and full of pride!
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Adamskuty(m): 12:48pm On Oct 13, 2013
nadia_SA: cool cool
hey big yansh embarassed
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 13, 2013
Adamskuty: kill urself ,try pronouncing foetus,hair and impasse for me grin

I have never met a Ghanaian born in Ghana that don't know how to speak at least one traditional language. We love out language. Nigerians on the other hand speak English more so than their own language.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

It is the language of commerce around the world. Look china with all its advancement is teaching their kids English. Why is english teachers one of the best paying jobs in china.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2013
Adamskuty: lool fulaman,u have said it all grin no wonder ayanle always mock us

Maybe if they knew how to speak English then they wouldn't struggle in west so much. Whether we like it or not, it is the global language and being able to speak it can sometimes equate to success or failure. Why are non English speakers learning the language.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 13, 2013
Adamskuty: hey big yansh embarassed
my name's nadia angry
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Fulaman198(m): 4:20pm On Oct 13, 2013
Kingmojo:

I have never met a Ghanaian born in Ghana that don't know how to speak at least one traditional language. We love out language. Nigerians on the other hand speak English more so than their own language.

You have obviously never been to Nigeria then.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Fulaman198(m): 4:22pm On Oct 13, 2013
Kingmojo:

It is the language of commerce around the world. Look china with all its advancement is teaching their kids English. Why is english teachers one of the best paying jobs in china.

Who cares? That does not change the fact that it is a foreign language to Africa. Do you change your accent around white people in order to sound more "British"? Take pride in your own culture.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Obrafour(m): 4:42pm On Oct 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

Who cares? That does not change the fact that it is a foreign language to Africa. Do you change your accent around white people in order to sound more "British"? Take pride in your own culture.

In Ghana, we have something called Locally Acquired Foreign Accent, its so disgusting when people try to speak like a westener. Geez WTF! Enough already.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Fulaman198(m): 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2013
Obrafour:

In Ghana, we have something called Locally Acquired Foreign Accent, its so disgusting when people try to speak like a westener. Geez WTF! Enough already.

There are Nigerians doing the exact same thing, it is very disgusting I agree.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Adamskuty(m): 5:37pm On Oct 13, 2013
nadia_SA: my name's nadia angry
hey nadia babe sad embarassed
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Fulaman198(m): 5:38pm On Oct 13, 2013
Adamskuty: hey nadia babe sad embarassed

I know you love women a lot bro, but I believe she is married lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

adam has no respect whatsoever !

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Adamskuty(m): 5:48pm On Oct 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

i'm just playing naah grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (32)

The Crocodile My Friends And I Killed At Enugu River Side / 6 Things Everyone Needs To Know About Life / Things Guys Do Or Discuss When They Gather Together.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.