Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,693 members, 7,979,336 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 06:44 AM

ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts (16103 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by lurvy: 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
[size=18pt] By the Time this strike will End, most of the Things that ASUU wanted to change will still remain unchanged!
It will be a case of " No Victor, No Vanquish". Therefore the earlier they call off the strike, the better for the grass (Students) who are always at the recieving end.
Like the saying goes." When two elephants are fighting, the grass suffers"! [/size] undecided
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hehehehehe...like someone said on dis forum, u guys shld just contribute 1k each and send it †̥ ASUU I'm sure it will even be more than †ђξ 12 trillion they re askn for.

Just ma two kobo.
Unilorite#

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by infoscope(m): 3:05pm On Oct 08, 2013
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by adultdesigner: 3:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
am ashamed of my country,very very sorry.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by bidexolumanish(m): 3:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
adebayo201: Viewing this topic: jorrey( m),
Cindino20 (m), iyoti , Vose , emmalux2 ( m),
Dopalescentman( m), Sky walker ( m),
meelach, chiefololade , pinky05 , Oyetboy
( m), ct)( , Deen4me ( m), jentlsoul,
Samotobor1 (m), Mide4real ( f ),
sumtin2rember (m), Gab-real ( m), Baba_
Eleko , Benqozenero (m), acidiczuzzee ,
CrazyMan(m), akoni adedapo, mice ,
bayooz (m), esbjay@gmail.co ,
ghettodreamz ( m), Symphony007 (m),
adebayo201 ( m), adultdesigner ,
Usherseun , Omoswags(m), Amdiwon,
salemdv ( m), nyankpa (m), fatukay (m),
nkpom mpko , Havilah1759 (f ), sammirano
( m), Flame-Zee (m), marion g( m), sammoe
(m), acmev2 ( m), suotor daniel ,
Elizabethchukwu ( f), orlabass ( m),
taiyesoul, sure way, bbosewa and 52
guest(s)
u're damn jobles,dem beta cari u go obaranjo farm make u go work.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by esbjaygmailco(m): 3:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
i don port ooooo

Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by greall1: 3:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by shurlermoz(m): 3:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
Government is totally insensitive to the plight of the students, education is prioritized in most part of the world. Presently, Brazil is on fire because teachers are demanding higher pay, but our government officials here just go around as if nothing bad is happening. I dont blame them though, the citizens too are going around as if nothing is happening too, so no big deal.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
Heard dat tb joshua says d strike wil end 2014. nt sure tho lipsrsealed
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by blink6(m): 3:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
esbjay@gmail.co:
the strike will still favor Fed. govt
1 The rate at which our universities pump out graduates will reduce therby reducing the amount they spend on nysc
2 The noise on unemployment will reduce a bit ( U cant be seeking for full employment at undergraduate level)
3 At the end they will still call off the strike
oya beffers and haters should attack me on time

You are truely a student... The strike will sort of fix issues... tas got it disadvantages too. But, let the problem be solved once and for all,,, if not, Nigeria will keep recording issues of ASUU strike till God knows when. #Just saying!!!
www.hintpals.com

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
Its going to be six months niyen
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by mariong(m): 3:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
#ASUU@hundred.

So the so-called earned allowance is what is keeping students at home for hundred days and still counting. Smh for ASUU. How can they be so insensitive to the plight of students whom they teach? Small tin now dem go say "we are like your parents". If the F.G is being uncompromising, claiming they can't pay the earned allowance, ASUU should look for other alternatives of solving the issue instead of trying to drive in the last nail of the education system's casket. They've been settled as per the decaying infrastructure agitation which is considered paramount, what else? Afterall paying that earned allowance doesn't mean they will improve on their laclustre and lackadaisical attitude with lectures neither will it erase the part of their brain that lust on female students. The police did not stop asking for "roja" even after their pay was increased, i don't think it will be any different with our lecturers.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by esbjaygmailco(m): 3:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
blink6:

You are truely a student... The strike will sort of fix issues... tas got it disadvantages too. But, let the problem be solved once and for all,,, if not, Nigeria will keep recording issues of ASUU strike till God knows when. #Just saying!!!
www.hintpals.com
agree with u 100%
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by SirMonday(m): 3:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
If after all these days at home, ASUU did not achieve atleast 90% of d demands, then i will be convince beyond any doubt that they are fools..........
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
Solution to Assu Strike: Govt should remove thier hand from the Education sector let the universities run by themselves or privatized. The money you will give Assu give students as loan to go to these universities, you can calculate how much the student parent's can afford then give loan for the remainder, the one that is smart u give them scholarship. Students will pay back when they find a job in their field, and you can setup an installment plan depending on their income. The only thing Govt should do is regulate the school fees and give money to schools that does research...that's all. ASUU will dissolve. The professor/lecture will only have to sign Contract with university they will only have problem with the university if they are not paid. Universities can lay off lecturers if they cannot afford. I promise you within 10 years, two universities in Nigeria will enter ranking and compete with Western Universities.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
since the FG and the private sector wants to build a centenary village to commemorate Nigeria's 100yrs,they should also build one to commemorate 100 days of ASUU strike
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by curtain: 3:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
I WONDER IF THE CURRENT ASUU STRIKE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE THIS IN SOME REGION IF NIGERIA WAS OPERATING A REGIONAL STYLE OF GOVT. My analysis of ASUU has showned me that ASUU as a body is suffering from illness contracted from educational-less-developed states. The educational developed states have the streak of hardwork, commitment, research,contentment,and selfless service with professionalism and enthusiasm, the less developed states have the features of lazy lecturers lackadaisical attidudes with little or no on-the-job challenges who see lecturing as another means of employment and an easy way to make money. The quality of most of their proffessors and doctors speaks volumes, this particular category of lecturers from the eductional less developed states do not even value education in the first place, partly because some of them place more priority on religious education and would not mind if the country's educational sector sinks into abyss (afterall its whitemans system) if they would not get their impurtunate demands met, some of their high institutions are notorious for internal-lecturer's-strikes which further confirms this. They are actually in my opinion the clog in the wheel Of progress of nigerias educational sector, if not what could have informed the ASUU executive's refusal to accept the fulfilled part of the 2009 agreement. It is rumoured that ASUU has been politicised and that some state governors are sponsoring ASUU executives to frustrate any dialogue attempted by the federal govt. Fagge(ASUU president) is alleged to have being fighting in solidarity with his brother from the same state,'kwankwaso' to give the educational sector a bad name. All this politics at the expense of the future of serious minded nigerian students. A clarion call on well-meaning nigerian lecturers to abandon this ship of unrealisable dreams of ASUU that has no compass but bent on underdeveloping the educational sector of other regions of nigeria and to save and secure the hope of our students from dwindling further.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Lionbite(m): 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
Happy Birthday ASUU, we wish you many happy returns, LONG life and Prosperity.
HIP
HIP
HIP

HURRAY!!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by ignis: 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
It's a pity try that the strike has reached 100 days, but I strongly believe that it's going to be called off soon.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by MacKuro: 3:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
Very bad....
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by ignis: 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2013
Sery777: since the FG and the private sector wants to build a centenary village to commemorate Nigeria's 100yrs,they should also build one to commemorate 100 days of ASUU strike
What is this one saying?
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by esbjaygmailco(m): 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2013
Lionbite: Happy Birthday ASUU, we wish you many happy returns, LONG life and Prosperity.
HIP
HIP
HIP

HURRAY!!!
u suppose to make first page guy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by blink6(m): 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2013
ikp4succes: Solution to Assu Strike: Govt should remove thier hand from the Education sector let the universities run by themselves or privatized. The money you will give Assu give students as loan to go to these universities, you can calculate how much the student parent's can afford then give loan for the remainder, the one that is smart u give them scholarship. Students will pay back when they find a job in their field, and you can setup an installment plan depending on their income. The only thing Govt should do is regulate the school fees and give money to schools that does research...that's all. ASUU will dissolve. The professor/lecture will only have to sign Contract with university they will only have problem with the university if they are not paid. Universities can lay off lecturers if they cannot afford. I promise you within 10 years, two universities in Nigeria will enter ranking and compete with Western Universities.
You've got a solid point,,,... but, I fear this kind thing in Naija o!
1. getting the scholarship, will be a big problem, cos of the frustration from the giving body.
2. Those that will be put in charge of the students loan, will make u want to cry.
3. Do You know that students will abuse this opportunity? We got crooks... loads of them
4. I don't think Naija is ready for this kind of system...
#Just saying.....

www.hintpals.com
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by condralbede(m): 3:23pm On Oct 08, 2013
mustapha:General abacha ASUU is on strike again oh.
Abacha:haba kill ASUU. :-
Mustapha:Sir ASUU is a Union (university Union)
Abacha:kai mana dissolve ASUU then.
Mustapha:as u wish sir.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by blink6(m): 3:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
ignis:
What is this one saying?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Funny to the Core!!!
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Reski2500(m): 3:27pm On Oct 08, 2013
Sery777: since the FG and the private sector wants to build a centenary village to commemorate Nigeria's 100yrs,they should also build one to commemorate 100 days of ASUU strike
yeah at least to mark the breakin of the ASUU strike record made in 2009 "109 days"
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by eneelfreda(f): 3:27pm On Oct 08, 2013
ajoskele: Some countries won't believe ASUU is not a political party at logger-heads with PDP!
lmao!
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
Heard we are returning by 2034, i wonder FUTO will be then!
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 08, 2013
[b][/b]GEJ is proofing strong head to the strike...he has nothing to offer us now but his burning face is all abt 2015..let jst wait and see i know intilligent Nigerians will vote for him and we continue this mess again
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Booty4me: 3:32pm On Oct 08, 2013
ASUU pls call of the Strike
h don even 4qeT my matric numbeR x_x
Assu plz caL off diz strike º°˚˚°º b4 I 4qet my course codes n' skuL name sEF!-_-
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
blink6:
You've got a solid point,,,... but, I fear this kind thing in Naija o
1. getting the scholarship, will be a big problem, cos of the frustration from the giving body. Like i said in no 2 plus as long as u meet the requirements, thats is lack of financial backer and have good grades.
2. Those that will be put in charge of the students loan, will make u want to cry. hopefully they find someone effective to handle this, the students can compalin and they can fire the person
3. Do You know that students will abuse this opportunity? We got crooks... loads of them. The System is already abused already in naija and corrupt grin
4. I don't think Naija is ready for this kind of system... what could possible go wrong,Naija should embrace change, if not we will be in one spot forever
#Just saying.....
www.hintpals.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ghanaian Students Attack Teachers For Not Allowing Them Cheat In WASSCE / How To Check NECO 2019 June/july Result With Your Mobile Phone / 14-Year-Old Eshiet Abasiekeme Wins UBA Essay Competition, Gets ₦2.5 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.