Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,693 members, 7,979,336 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 06:45 AM

ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts (16104 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
ikp4succes:

Like i said until they find job before they will be asked to pay for it. Also depending on the job or income students will be provided installment plans that will last up to 30 years. Govt also shouldn't hint on student loan repayment they should see this as investment on the Nigeria youths.

Good thought you have there but certainly not for Nigeria. Which Nigerian govt will gree to risk its revenue on Nigerian students? Is it the same govt who couldnt roof primary and sec. school blocks for the pupils and thus putting them to receive lesson under trees? Is it the same govt who couldnt provide good learning materials starting from primary to secondary and then tertiary institutions? Is it the same govt or govt officials whose children are schooling abroad or in private schools and they dont care about the rotten state of education in the country?. What if a student decides to relocate to another country after graduation? How do you manage the unscrupulous elements among the students when dispensing the fund? Like i said, it's a good idea but cant work in Nigeria.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by happyxguy05: 7:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
let all put their hands together 4 our so-call leaders
they are too busy 4 we
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Prymestrr(m): 7:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
prof.femi:

Ah, that. Well, I am not privy to negotiations, but I think that when you initiate dialogue with someone and he is speaking what you would term "opata", it's best to stop that dialog until you are on the same wavelength. What do I mean by opata? In 2009, the FG agreed with ASUU that the educational system was in trouble. They agreed that more serious action was needed. FG promised that starting 2012, they would inject 100B Naira, and then 400B annually till 2015. Remember, this money is to revamp the infrastructure of the universities. Remember, government apparently saw the light then and promised this money.

Now fast forward to 2013. No 100B last year. No sign of anything else coming (not even our dear smiley earned allowances ). ASUU decides, as any rational being would, that government is not serious. Goes on strike. Government call's ASUU to negotiate and treats the issue as if its only about earned allowance. They dole out a portion of the allowances, and then try to do sleight of hand with the more important infrastructure issue. If you were ASUU, and you truly believed that the system needed the intervention we claimed in it needed as far back as 2009, what would you do

As to whether the funds would be used for the intended purposes, you are not God. Neither you nor I can guarantee that. I can however assure you that the universities possess the greatest share of principled individuals in Nigeria (why else, as someone has observed, are lecturers always used for election duties globally?). So, that point is moot.
I do get ur point now prof. But it's a big shame that the government which is supposed to have been for the people doesn't care for the people in the least. Due to this development, students are now engaged in various vices which are detrimental to their lives and that of their families as well as to the survival and progress of the country. We cannot secure gainful employment in our present state because no serious business entity will take a risk where there is no reward-we cannot seek emoloyment when we are uncertain as to whether the strike might end tomorrow or not. We undergraduates haven't got any CVs to support our application for meaningful jobs. So you see that it is us the students that bear the greater burden of this disagreement?.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
Judek2: [size=18pt]ASUU should better call off this strike.. If they don't, students will take to the streets to protest, things will get out of hand, a drunk police man will shoot a student. This will trigger all the students to violence, all the cult groups in our universities will come out, it will now be CULTISTS vs SECURITY.
When this happens, there well be war, leading to famine, then people will start dying, some will start fleeing, my fatherland will be
deserted, and Nigeria will go extinct..[/size]

grin grin grin You couldnt have said it better bro. I trust those my cult brothers when it's time to bring out swords for war. grin grin
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Prymestrr(m): 7:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
RedBenson:

grin grin grin You couldnt have said it better bro. I trust those my cult brothers when it's time to bring out swords for war. grin grin
cheesy
RedBenson:

Cultist wey dey find violence like say na der breakfast.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by sparkleRed(f): 7:47pm On Oct 08, 2013
Luxiana19: Will the billions of naira demanded by ASUU put at least one of Nigeria's universities on the list of best 100 universities in the world?

If it will, then more grace to their elbows and if it won't ,then may God punish them for suffering us like this.

#My Opinion.
100 likes
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by proffemi: 7:52pm On Oct 08, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

I do get ur point now prof...We undergraduates haven't got any CVs to support our application for meaningful jobs. So you see that it is us the students that bear the greater burden of this disagreement?.

I honestly agree with you. It is patently unfair that the main long-term losers in all this are the students. Having said that, even the students will benefit in the long term (no, please; no laughter. I mean that). The truth is that, in general, the education we give students nowadays is close to worthless, which is why you mentioned the problem with unemployable graduates. The main reason is this same funding thing. Fighting for better universities increases the chances that you will be better trained (of course there are other problems with the universities, many of them the faults of lecturers. My belief is that in a well-funded system, competition and natural selection will weed out the bad eggs, and that angle would sort out itself).

Now, the benefits to students will not come in a day, so sadly, for final-year students, this strike *could* amount to a waste of time. I am confident however that if the FG performs, students from year 3 down will experience at least some improvements before they graduate.

You know, it's funny when people say previous ASUU strikes have been time-wasting exercises, with students' progress needlessly stalled. Really?? from where I stand, it appears the system is much better than it was just 10-15 years ago. in my university alone, using the most visible metric, there are more new structures in the last 5 years that there were in the previous 20(!). So, ASUU strike is bad news to student, but believe me, in the big picture, the strikes have been pulling the universities forward jerk-by-jerk.

Just my view though, and I always bow to superior wisdom. Cheers.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by proffemi: 7:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
Luxiana19: Will the billions of naira demanded by ASUU put at least one of Nigeria's universities on the list of best 100 universities in the world? If it will, then more grace to their elbows and if it won't ,then may God punish them for suffering us like this.

Look, I'm going to be honest with you: N100 billion will not get us in the top 100. But, if all goes well, it will get us closer. And step by step, I hope we drag ourselves up there within the next decade.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Sajio(m): 8:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
idris4r83: Education is d backbone of any nations development. I c no reason why mr GEJ is turning his deaf ears 2 ASUU, ASUP, n SSANU's demands. A wise n sensible student will think twice before casting his vote come 2015. Is we the masses that are on d loosing sides as 4 them they have nothing 2 loose, their wards are in ivy leagues.
From all indication..... ASUU is playing politics with the future leathers of Nigeria .. Who knows if APC have not bought them over †̥ frustrate Gej since Boko Haram has failed! But I must tell u this..... Every Nigerians know the game. If Gej is destined †̥ win 2015? All their plans will fail.. ASUU is not fighting for the ppl but for APC/selfish interest... Revolution is a gradual process, Nigerians are no longer fools but have learnt from their past mistakes.. Wht every Nigerians need is PERFORMANCE †̥ win their hrt.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by edwardwin: 8:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
mikeoh: hapi birthday to the strike....but i know that the END of the strike is not TIME by the THINGS demanded by the lecturer
happy anniversary
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by slimikenna(m): 8:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
saw this comment and decided to share. it may not be very accurate but gives a rough idea of what ASUU is really fighting for.

" Ok, here is the breakdown
The question is what
does the Vice- chancellors
of Universities do
with all the fees paid by
students, and rents paid
by staff living in university
quarters?. A
breakdown of the fees
show that students pay
for maintenance, light,
medical, sports, library,
lab/audio visuals etc, lets
say in a hostel the
actual students supposed to
stay in a room are
4. this number multiplied
by hostel charge of
N10,000. equals N40000, an
average second
generation university has
at least 30,000
students. Multiply this
number to the fees paid
by full time students of
N25,000 this equals
N7500000000. This money
can be used to
maintain infrastructure,
provide equipment in
the Universities, but, this
isn’t the case.
University management
mis- management all the
funds and expect
government to provide
money.
Vice-chancellors connive
with bursars to loot
the system, after their
tenure, they aren’t
probed. What happened in
south south
university after their riot a
few years back. Each
student was asked to pay
N10000, from
diploma, long distance, to
Ph.D students. The
school has a total
population of over 40,000
students. Multiply that
amount, it sums up to
N400 million. They spent
less than 10 million
fixing the damage caused
by students, what
happened to the rest? What
happened to the
money? Part time students
pay over N60000 a
session. Multiply that by
10000 part time
students it equals N600
million. The least fees a
postgraduate student pays
is N150000 a session.
Multiply that by 3000
postgraduate students
admitted, it equals N450
million. Some
universities charge N15000
for P.G forms,
multiply that by 3000
people who may apply it
equals N45million. Now,
for post ume exams, a
students pays N2000 for the
forms, multiply
that 5000 students who may
apply into a
university, it equals N10
million, there’s also the
sale of forms for pre-
degree and part time
undergraduate
programmes, monies run
into
millions of naira each
year. The question is what
happens to them?
Government established
TETFUND, there is ETF.
This establishment raises
billions for tertiary
universities. The truth is
until corruption is checked
in the system it will
be hard for us to move
ahead. Now ASUU wants
3trillion naira? hmm, I
laugh.ASUU should call
off d strike'

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by proffemi: 8:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
Sajio: From all indication..... ASUU is playing politics with the future leathers of Nigeria .. Who knows if APC have not bought them over †̥ frustrate Gej since Boko Haram has failed! But I must tell u this..... Every Nigerians know the game. If Gej is destined †̥ win 2015? All their plans will fail.. ASUU is not fighting for the ppl but for APC/selfish interest... Revolution is a gradual process, Nigerians are no longer fools but have learnt from their past mistakes.. Wht every Nigerians need is PERFORMANCE †̥ win their hrt.

Sir, what makes you believe ASUU is only playing politics? I ask since I have decided to play an outreach role this evening. And are you a student, parent or politician? I am an academic by the way (I hate using the term "lecturer" ). Cheers.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by slimikenna(m): 8:05pm On Oct 08, 2013
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by proffemi: 8:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
slimikenna: saw this comment and decided to share. it may not be very accurate but gives a rough idea of what ASUU is really fighting for.

No it does not. If you have the time, check my responses (and others') to that particular post here https://www.nairaland.com/1467065/nairalanders-view-nigerian-varsities-infrastructures to see how the OP seriously underestimated the cost of running a university. This thing is more complex than that.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

cheesy
Cultist wey dey find violence like say na der breakfast.

I swear. Those people can do the unimaginable. They can slain the entire policemen in a barrack if they wish so. I have witnessed thier violence mood severally and i've wished never to come across them again in life. Those people too much. Wonder where they got such harden minds from. grin
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 08, 2013
RedBenson:

Good thought you have there but certainly not for Nigeria. Which Nigerian govt will gree to risk its revenue on Nigerian students?
Well the money they wont give to students are they not going to give ASSU now
Is it the same govt who couldn't roof primary and sec. school blocks for the pupils and thus putting them to receive lesson under trees? Is it the same govt who couldn't provide good learning materials starting from primary to secondary and then tertiary institutions?
Well we talking about universities here which are going to be on their own so they don't need govt funds to fix it. The local public primary sec school is another problem
Is it the same govt or govt officials whose children are schooling abroad or in private schools and they don't care about the rotten state of education in the country?.
Which country where people in office children go to the same school as common man.
What if a student decides to relocate to another country after graduation?
That's why the student will be heavily documented before they are even giving the loan so they will be stopped at point of entry when they return but like i said govt shouldn't worry about this student loan repayment
How do you manage the unscrupulous elements among the students when dispensing the fund?
Of course people will try to abuse the system even in America people abuse it all the time, but as time goes on the govt will cover the loop hole so the right person gets the funds/loan
Like i said, it's a good idea but cant work in Nigeria.
It will work we shouldn't be afraid to embrace change except you have a better idea becos if u say we should remain like this then u truly an enemy of Naija undecided
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 08, 2013
Good to know we have an academic prof. in the building tonight. More questions to come soon Brb!
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Sajio(m): 8:35pm On Oct 08, 2013
slimikenna: saw this comment and decided to share. it may not be very accurate but gives a rough idea of what ASUU is really fighting for.

The question is what
of Universities do
students, and rents paid
quarters?. A
breakdown of the fees
show that students pay
for maintenance, light,
say in a hostel the
stay in a room are
by hostel charge of
average second
at least 30,000
students. Multiply this
number to the fees paid
by full time students of
N25,000 this equals
N7500000000. This money
can be used to
maintain infrastructure,
provide equipment in
isn’t the case.
University management
mis- management all the
funds and expect
government to provide
money.
Vice-chancellors connive
with bursars to loot
the system, after their
tenure, they aren’t
probed. What happened in
south south
few years back. Each
student was asked to pay
N10000, from
Ph.D students. The
school has a total
students. Multiply that
amount, it sums up to
N400 million. They spent
less than 10 million
fixing the damage caused
by students, what
happened to the
pay over N60000 a
10000 part time
students it equals N600
is N150000 a session.
Multiply that by 3000
postgraduate students
admitted, it equals N450
million. Some
for P.G forms,
multiply that by 3000
people who may apply it
equals N45million. Now,
for post ume exams, a
forms, multiply
apply into a
sale of forms for pre-
degree and part time
undergraduate
programmes, monies run
into
millions of naira each
happens to them?
Government established
TETFUND, there is ETF.
billions for tertiary
in the system it will
be hard for us to move
ahead. Now ASUU wants
3trillion naira? hmm, I
laugh.ASUU should call
off d strike'
what a breakdown!!!!! Thumbs Up!
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Sajio(m): 8:36pm On Oct 08, 2013

The question is what
of Universities do
students, and rents paid
quarters?. A
breakdown of the fees
show that students pay
for maintenance, light,
say in a hostel the
stay in a room are
by hostel charge of
average second
at least 30,000
students. Multiply this
number to the fees paid
by full time students of
N25,000 this equals
N7500000000. This money
can be used to
maintain infrastructure,
provide equipment in
isn’t the case.
University management
mis- management all the
funds and expect
government to provide
money.
Vice-chancellors connive
with bursars to loot
the system, after their
tenure, they aren’t
probed. What happened in
south south
few years back. Each
student was asked to pay
N10000, from
Ph.D students. The
school has a total
students. Multiply that
amount, it sums up to
N400 million. They spent
less than 10 million
fixing the damage caused
by students, what
happened to the
pay over N60000 a
10000 part time
students it equals N600
is N150000 a session.
Multiply that by 3000
postgraduate students
admitted, it equals N450
million. Some
for P.G forms,
multiply that by 3000
people who may apply it
equals N45million. Now,
for post ume exams, a
forms, multiply
apply into a
sale of forms for pre-
degree and part time
undergraduate
programmes, monies run
into
millions of naira each
happens to them?
Government established
TETFUND, there is ETF.
billions for tertiary
in the system it will
be hard for us to move
ahead. Now ASUU wants
3trillion naira? hmm, I
laugh.ASUU should call
off d strike'
what a breakdown!!!!! Thumbs Up!
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Sajio(m): 8:51pm On Oct 08, 2013
prof.femi:

Sir, what makes you believe ASUU is only playing politics? I ask since I have decided to play an outreach role this evening. And are you a student, parent or politician? I am an academic by the way (I hate using the term "lecturer" ). Cheers.
Oga Sir.......... Did u go thru this?
The question is what
of Universities do
students, and rents paid
quarters?. A
breakdown of the fees
show that students pay
for maintenance, light,
say in a hostel the
stay in a room are
by hostel charge of
average second
at least 30,000
students. Multiply this
number to the fees paid
by full time students of
N25,000 this equals
N7500000000. This money
can be used to
maintain infrastructure,
provide equipment in
isn’t the case.
University management
mis- management all the
funds and expect
government to provide
money.
Vice-chancellors connive
with bursars to loot
the system, after their
tenure, they aren’t
probed. What happened in
south south
few years back. Each
student was asked to pay
N10000, from
Ph.D students. The
school has a total
students. Multiply that
amount, it sums up to
N400 million. They spent
less than 10 million
fixing the damage caused
by students, what
happened to the
pay over N60000 a
10000 part time
students it equals N600
is N150000 a session.
Multiply that by 3000
postgraduate students
admitted, it equals N450
million. Some
for P.G forms,
multiply that by 3000
people who may apply it
equals N45million. Now,
for post ume exams, a
forms, multiply
apply into a
sale of forms for pre-
degree and part time
undergraduate
programmes, monies run
into
millions of naira each
happens to them?
Government established
TETFUND, there is ETF.
billions for tertiary
in the system it will
be hard for us to move
ahead. Now ASUU wants
3trillion naira? hmm, I
laugh.ASUU should call
off d strike'.........

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by proffemi: 8:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
Sajio: Oga Sir.......... Did u go thru this?
Sure, I did. If you want to see my responses, please read them here https://www.nairaland.com/1467065/nairalanders-view-nigerian-varsities-infrastructures . If you will be so kind, I will like to get feedback when after you read them.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Sajio(m): 8:59pm On Oct 08, 2013
The question is what
of Universities do
students, and rents paid
quarters?. A
breakdown of the fees
show that students pay
for maintenance, light,
say in a hostel the
stay in a room are
by hostel charge of
average second
at least 30,000
students. Multiply this
number to the fees paid
by full time students of
N25,000 this equals
N7500000000. This money
can be used to
maintain infrastructure,
provide equipment in
isn’t the case.
University management
mis- management all the
funds and expect
government to provide
money.
Vice-chancellors connive
with bursars to loot
the system, after their
tenure, they aren’t
probed. What happened in
south south
few years back. Each
student was asked to pay
N10000, from
Ph.D students. The
school has a total
students. Multiply that
amount, it sums up to
N400 million. They spent
less than 10 million
fixing the damage caused
by students, what
happened to the
pay over N60000 a
10000 part time
students it equals N600
is N150000 a session.
Multiply that by 3000
postgraduate students
admitted, it equals N450
million. Some
for P.G forms,
multiply that by 3000
people who may apply it
equals N45million. Now,
for post ume exams, a
forms, multiply
apply into a
sale of forms for pre-
degree and part time
undergraduate
programmes, monies run
into
millions of naira each
happens to them?
Government established
TETFUND, there is ETF.
billions for tertiary
in the system it will
be hard for us to move
ahead. Now ASUU wants
3trillion naira? hmm, I
laugh.ASUU should call
off d strike'
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2013
online education is the future, just like NOUN can not be on strike
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by chreldb(m): 9:43pm On Oct 08, 2013
Sajio: From all indication..... ASUU is playing politics with the future leathers of Nigeria .. Who knows if APC have not bought them over †̥ frustrate Gej since Boko Haram has failed! But I must tell u this..... Every Nigerians know the game. If Gej is destined †̥ win 2015? All their plans will fail.. ASUU is not fighting for the ppl but for APC/selfish interest... Revolution is a gradual process, Nigerians are no longer fools but have learnt from their past mistakes.. Wht every Nigerians need is PERFORMANCE †̥ win their hrt.

@ bolded, I apologise in advance but I just can't resist taking a swipe at you. Please wetin concern ASUU with kpomo? grin grin grin grin. I will overlook every other blunder in your post and attribute them to typo errors

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2013
Since we have one of our dear academic profs on nairaland, i think it's pointless going back to school. We can be receiving our lectures right here online. Oga prof., do us the favour and God will richly bless you.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by nickxtra(m): 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
Yekpalikpa! Just got a call that Amina, one of my course mates carry belly for her boss. Amina, since ASUU went strike, had decided to get something doing in order not to be idle and to eke out a living, outside the grip of her poor parents. Now, Amina is pregnant for her boss, who has now asked Amina never to continue with her studies here in Nigeria, but with a promise to send her to Ghana after she must have given birth, may be in 6 months time. I have been trying to Amina, but her phones have been off for the past one week. More details when am able to reach Amina or her 'accidental husband' on phone.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by jaryeh(m): 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
prof.femi:

No it does not. If you have the time, check my responses (and others') to that particular post here https://www.nairaland.com/1467065/nairalanders-view-nigerian-varsities-infrastructures to see how the OP seriously underestimated the cost of running a university. This thing is more complex than that.

I never did that. I still await your response to my last pos there.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by proffemi: 10:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
jaryeh: I never did that. I still await your response to my last pos there.
Sorry I somehow missed your post. I have responded. Sorry for cross-posting but here is my response:

jaryeh: But,what I will continue to reiterate it that If our universities were properly managed with little or no corruption,it would not be in its present shameful state.Hence,generation and allocation of funds into various projects should be strictly monitored by bodies like the EFCC and ICPC.

that's all

Thanks. I see two separate arguments here. Last point first, yes, there could be better implementation. Yes, I support your suggestion that projects be well monitored and audited. However, they already are. You may not be aware, but many cases from universities have been referred to ICPC (RIP) and EFCC. This leads me back to your original argument:

You did not say funding education is cheap. However, by holding up the post you started with, and by arguing that poor universities are more corruption-prone, you implicitly underestimated the cost of running a university.

Firstly, the OP's calculations showing that N10,000 per student per space would accrue a net income to the university is nonsensical, as I briefly tried to show. I could have gone on in the same vein to shoot down his other calculations apparently showing that universities make so much and spend so little (I did mention the power bill of my university in this vein).

Secondly, you did not seem to get my argument with good schools versus poor ones. I was merely trying to say that providing education is equally expensive for both, but because good ones have more interventions, they can afford to provide education at a lower cost (since it is essentially subsidized). The poor schools that have no such interventions end up charging closer to the real cost. In effect, nope, I also do not agree that corruption is the reason why they cannot make ends meet.

Hope my points are clearer now?
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by roland2rule(m): 10:47pm On Oct 08, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]

HOW I WAN TAKE GET MONEY TO BUY DECEMBER CLOTHES NW.......GOD PLZ HELP ME............

OR SHEY I FT DEY ASK FOR HANDOUT MONEY 4 AOS NI....
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by roland2rule(m): 10:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
O PARI
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by roland2rule(m): 10:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
HAHAHAHA.......THE TIME IS NW.....WASTING UR TIME ARGUING ON FG vz ASUU WON'T ADD ANYTHING 2 THE PROBLEM.....
Y NT FOLLOW THIS HOT MATCH

FOOTBALL. Vs. SEX.

1. Going to your bf/gf without being invited = OFFSIDE.
2. Dating a girl today and having sex on the same day
= FREE-KICK.
3. Condom = GOALKEEPER
4. Condom breaks = PENALTY
5. Abortion = RED CARD
6. A girl with lots of energy = CAPTAIN
7. Having sex without a condom = OWN GOAL
8. Taking a lot of time without coming = MAN OF THE
MATCH.
9.Banging 3 girls in a day = HAT-TRICK.
10. Having many chicks and banging all = MVP
11. Having sex with your ex = FRIENDLY MATCH
12. 8 years of sex without getting a child = ARSENAL
13. After 2 rounds, u request for more =EXTRA TIME.
14. Taking it gently when having sex = FAIR PLAY
15. Biting her n!pples = SUAREZ
16.Two legs on shoulder = THROWIN
17. Asking her 'how do you want it' = Taking
instructions on the sideline.
18. A lady using pills after sex and later still got
pregnant = DEFENSIVE ERROR
19.Girl being pregnant = GOOOOOOAL. BALLUUUU.
20.Ur guy collect ur chick= True pass
21.Having sex with a girl..and your mum open d door=
Injury
22.You and your girl break up= Game over
23. Girl tell u to stop= YELLOW CARD
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by jaryeh(m): 11:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
prof.femi:

Sorry I somehow missed your post. I have responded. Sorry for cross-posting but here is my response:

Thanks. I see two separate arguments here. Last point first, yes, there could be better implementation. Yes, I support your suggestion that projects be well monitored and audited. However, they already are. You may not be aware, but many cases from universities have been referred to ICPC (RIP) and EFCC. This leads me back to your original argument:

You did not say funding education is cheap. However, by holding up the post you started with, and by arguing that poor universities are more corruption-prone, you implicitly underestimated the cost of running a university.

Firstly, the OP's calculations showing that N10,000 per student per space would accrue a net income to the university is nonsensical, as I briefly tried to show. I could have gone on in the same vein to shoot down his other calculations apparently showing that universities make so much and spend so little (I did mention the power bill of my university in this vein).

Secondly, you did not seem to get my argument with good schools versus poor ones. I was merely trying to say that providing education is equally expensive for both, but because good ones have more interventions, they can afford to provide education at a lower cost (since it is essentially subsidized). The poor schools that have no such interventions end up charging closer to the real cost. In effect, nope, I also do not agree that corruption is the reason why they cannot make ends meet.

Hope my points are clearer now?

yea,i got that. I really wish to know you more than this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ghanaian Students Attack Teachers For Not Allowing Them Cheat In WASSCE / How To Check NECO 2019 June/july Result With Your Mobile Phone / 14-Year-Old Eshiet Abasiekeme Wins UBA Essay Competition, Gets ₦2.5 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.