Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,190 members, 7,903,926 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 01:45 AM

ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? (16388 Views)

Buhari And Fg’s 20,000 Abandoned Projects- NEWSWATCH / If BH Declare Tomorrow As Public Holiday,and FG Say No,who Will U Listen To. / Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Eniqurl(f): 3:55pm On Oct 17, 2013
Both!
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by buoye1(m): 3:57pm On Oct 17, 2013
As 4 me,ASUU are after their own pocket.....the strike is causing more harm to me dan gud

1 Like

Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Goddex: 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2013
ASUU are to blame.
The guys are just heartless and highly political.

1 Like

Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by phil5(m): 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2013
Both
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Osu175(m): 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2013
I blame ASUU

1 Like

Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by ochukoccna: 4:02pm On Oct 17, 2013
I'd say both though the blame majorly goes to the FG for not renegotiating the agreement due to lack of financial muscle [but you find it hard to believe that Nigeria is poor due the obscene amounts you here been stolen and that used to run the different arms of government]
Also the FG for accusing ASUU of politicizing the strike and accusing ASUU of such sad sad
ASUU for been very rigid embarassed embarassed but you will not blame them if you see the facilities a typical British University [not the top70 unis] has
You will weep for the shitholes we call universities angry angry angry
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Sermwell(m): 4:02pm On Oct 17, 2013
Y
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by omojaytee(m): 4:02pm On Oct 17, 2013
Its funi noone hia has bin abu to update dt fg av finali met ASUU's demands aπϑ d strike mite b called off nxt wk!
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Richiez(m): 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
It's obvious that both are to blame....but more blame goes to FG
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by omojaytee(m): 4:05pm On Oct 17, 2013
donphilopus: I would say FG should be blemed why because they agreed on something they can not do.
I would still say ASUU should be blamed because Students didn't expect the Strike would last long like this, they can still suspent the strike and continue the Negotiation
is it jonathan dt signed d agreement?
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by searay(m): 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
I blame the student and FG.

WHY?
they are yet to strike

1 Like

Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Bentley1: 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
It's real you guys should try it. My
guy just received 500 dollars this
morning. Just follow this link http:///earn-for/?id=ogbe1
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Mustymohd2: 4:10pm On Oct 17, 2013
topstar80: ....u sure ??
mannn r u learner
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Yomexy007(m): 4:18pm On Oct 17, 2013
blame! blame!! blame!!!

The issue has gone beyond who is to be blamed...... Now is nt the tym 2 point accusing finger....... All that matters commonsensically, is how this strike will be a thing of the past........ leave Blames jor.

1 Like

Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by DONMAYOR19(m): 4:20pm On Oct 17, 2013
ASUU na big thief, fighting for themselves and allowing Nigeria student to suffer......ASUU ole

1 Like

Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by morewealth(m): 4:20pm On Oct 17, 2013
In my opinion i think The Federal government and ASSU are to be blamed.
The federal government is faulty for not honouring it's part of the agreement and for not giving education its proper allocation.
On the part of ASSU, i think the manner they embark on strikes isn't in anyway benefiting the students or the educational system they claim to be fighting for. It is not as if they have contributed to the growth of the educational sector because some of these lecturers can't even lecture well, coupled with their inceassant collection of money in exchange for grade and sexual harrassment on the female students and i dont see how that is the fault of the federal government.
If i was Jonathan i will meet their demands and make it clear to them that to whom much is given much is expected.

1 Like

Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by FOLLEY20(m): 4:20pm On Oct 17, 2013
topstar80: So na ur papa use our money by jet
.......... use our money buy jet Pls, always proofread b4 sending.
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Heagle(f): 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
;DFG carries most of d blame alongside ASUU....... buh all d same,thanks to d duo for allowing me make ma money..$$$$$
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by sunday478(m): 4:27pm On Oct 17, 2013
Rumours is having it that they have agreed.
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by CharliParker: 4:30pm On Oct 17, 2013
I blame FG but ASUU should call off the strike for God sake and for the sake of poor students lets take our exams and final years to graduate pls ASUU, I know FG must and I said must fulfil there promises if not we will show them (FG) where to sit whether on the ground or on that chair they are siting now
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by prov1029(m): 4:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
I blame the Federal Government and to be precise the Jonathan Administration.
He isn't performing what he was elected to do. He brought petrol hike, rewards criminalism throught amnesty (forgetting the live and families of those murdered; no compensation. Policemen and soldiers were drafted against their will yet there pension is so meagre). Now He wants to destroy the educational institutions so sponsors of private universities can benefit seriously.
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Nauttyprof(m): 4:38pm On Oct 17, 2013
Put the blame on FG, they failed to fulfill their part for quite a while.
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Memyselfu2009(m): 4:40pm On Oct 17, 2013
Both is to blame for example is there is a war in a country both parties involved would declare a cease fire for dialogue to take place when negotiations was going on its was expected that ASUU has suppose to call off the strike for dialogue to continue on govt part they were foolish to think the pro long strike was politically motivated
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 17, 2013
3ace: I'm confused. I will blame FG but I heard another version of the steps FG has taken in to revamping the educational system and meeting those agreements and that ASUU just needed to give FG some more time till early next year. But ASUU has not been considerate to this government. Maybe ASUU is tired of falling victim of government's deceit and insincerity. I'm yet to confirm this hence I don't know which one to blame at this point. I used to blame FG in this recent upheaval.
hmmm if i had my way i ll say lets all wait till next year for the budget.. Buh believe me u... That money will not reflect in d budget... And then we ll be back to square one
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Eminey: 4:46pm On Oct 17, 2013
ASUU's to take more of blame...diz guyz know dat the educational system is bad enough..so doz d FG...and us, the students....so ASUU comes up wit the smartest plan ever!.....they sleep as 2013 is being passed...education gets it's budget...they r there...watching...then all of a sudden...June comes...and we here...3trillion must be allocated to the University system from hence forth....or we strike till 2020!<-----datz the wisest thing I'v heard of in awhile....I heard..the other day...a lecturer saying..."if u r not careful, we will strike till nxt year"...I shook my head..and tot...shows how much these lecturers r insensitive to education.....if it was the health sector....so they'll strike till next year aii?...and watch people die rite?....now the question...which is much important...health...or education?....I'll leave u to debate that!....another question....even if the government pours all it's budget into funding Universities...do they fink we'll start seeing immediate changes?....Fact is...there'll be not visible changes...until 6-8yrs time!...so y cause innocent..."illeducated" students....who hv grown wit this rot...and who jes hv a few more days to suffer?...Y didn't ASUU plan an effective strike?...they want to tell us the best bet is to strike till foreva?....and another question....how credible r these lecturers struggling for grants to sponsor their projects?...another question....what happened to submitting an "University reform Agenda" b4 the National Assembly...sit wit private and public organizations and discuss how Funding...implementation...and related blabla sheeps can be sorted out?....wot we see is...."lazy" people....dat would remain broke till Goverment does somefin...we'll strike till 2020....let's all sit and watch ASUU display intelligence....I'm watching!
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by pacido: 4:52pm On Oct 17, 2013
ASUS should be blamed because its high time they fashion out a different way of expressing angst @ the fed govt. Strikes are no longer fashionable since the ones at the receiving end is always d students. Secondly holding the fed govt to ransome for an agreement signed by the previous administration & which d present adm has shown an appreciable level of goodwill to implement & even mapped out 100billion should be enough to make them call off the strike.THAT'S WHY IT'sREAL THIS STRIKE IS HIGHLY POLITICAL
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Ikbobby(m): 4:52pm On Oct 17, 2013
ASUU
embarassed embarassed
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Ikbobby(m): 4:53pm On Oct 17, 2013
Eminey: ASUU's to take more of blame...diz guyz know dat the educational system is bad enough..so doz d FG...and us, the students....so ASUU comes up wit the smartest plan ever!.....they sleep as 2013 is being passed...education gets it's budget...they r there...watching...then all of a sudden...June comes...and we here...3trillion must be allocated to the University system from hence forth....or we strike till 2020!<-----datz the wisest thing I'v heard of in awhile....I heard..the other day...a lecturer saying..."if u r not careful, we will strike till nxt year"...I shook my head..and tot...shows how much these lecturers r insensitive to education.....if it was the health sector....so they'll strike till next year aii?...and watch people die rite?....now the question...which is much important...health...or education?....I'll leave u to debate that!....another question....even if the government pours all it's budget into funding Universities...do they fink we'll start seeing immediate changes?....Fact is...there'll be not visible changes...until 6-8yrs time!...so y cause innocent..."illeducated" students....who hv grown wit this rot...and who jes hv a few more days to suffer?...Y didn't ASUU plan an effective strike?...they want to tell us the best bet is to strike till foreva?....and another question....how credible r these lecturers struggling for grants to sponsor their projects?...another question....what happened to submitting an "University reform Agenda" b4 the National Assembly...sit wit private and public organizations and discuss how Funding...implementation...and related blabla sheeps can be sorted out?....wot we see is...."lazy" people....dat would remain broke till Goverment does somefin...we'll strike till 2020....let's all sit and watch ASUU display intelligence....I'm watching!
GUY NA PROJECT U DEY WRITE?
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Mccullum: 4:54pm On Oct 17, 2013
both must b blame for this protracted strike!
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by digospel2: 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2013
ASUU should be blamed because of their refusal to consider the pligth of the Nigerian students. Most universities receive subvention from Government, generate fund internally through distance learning, consultancy programmes, sandwich etc but cannot produce transparent account of there funds. I learn of a V.C. presently building a private university trying to emulate their medical counterpart where virtually all Doctors employed by Government own private hospitals. I am not supporting Government inability of improving our educational sector but asking ASUU to cleanse the mess in the university communities first before pressing hard on government.
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
I dnt care who is to blame. Let dem call off d strike. Its been long we've been blaming ASSU ND FG. Let dem fynd a beta solution. Me don tire o
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Stallion77(f): 5:05pm On Oct 17, 2013
Blame Akon...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Planning To Attack Taraba State - Reps Raise Alarm / Official Launch Of The #ChangeBeginsWithMe Campaign / "It Was NOT Buhari That Spoke": FFK, Others React To PMB's Sallah Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.