Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,872 members, 7,938,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 09:13 AM

ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? (16439 Views)

Buhari And Fg’s 20,000 Abandoned Projects- NEWSWATCH / If BH Declare Tomorrow As Public Holiday,and FG Say No,who Will U Listen To. / Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by phreakabit(m): 7:58pm On Oct 17, 2013
ASUU consists of a bunch of lying deceitful old thieves. Its a shame that ASUU has gone to the dogs. They have metamorphosed from being an educational body, into becoming a political machine.
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by wizflower(f): 8:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
ASUU is to be blimed , i mean hw wld they b demanding for such amount 4rm d FG knwing fully well dat d country is owing alot of bank including d world bank.....Those pple in sit hv their children studing oversees witout stirke or stress nd we re here goin on strike. Rubish
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by arctoni: 8:08pm On Oct 17, 2013
Blame it on me..

Playin d clown game wit d country

Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by McLuhan(m): 8:13pm On Oct 17, 2013
veraponpo:
This issue has only one cause and that is the only party you can blame------- FG.

ASUU is only demanding for what FG promised and agreed to. Now that ASUU is on strike FG finds it difficult to act now think of if ASUU is not on strike . It then means education is Nigeria would soon be worse than that of Somali. FG is irresponsible and immature on this issue. ASUU's demands were both agreed upon not by any previous government but same Mr Jonathan's regime more than 2 years ago. ASUU waited for action to be taken since then but FG gets money for about ten private jets, N255m for Oduah 2 cars, more than N100b for bail-out of banks, N1b for president's food, etc but for education there is no money.

There is always cause and there is always EFFECT. It only shows we dont have govt.

Resident doctors are on strike, ASUU on strike, ASUP, on strike, NASU on strike, CAC workers just called off, etc Which ways Naija.
May God bless you. It is not flesh and blood that has revealed this to you. You are not like those Nigerians who blame the victims of government's insincerity and incompetence rather than blame government itself.

1 Like

Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by dontgivafuck: 8:14pm On Oct 17, 2013
After reading through comments here I've come to the conclusion d Most Nigerians are especially d so called studs are ignorant n others just reason with their sentiments/emotions, D rest are just plain myopic n hv a particular set of "truths" they seem to believe without any reason to back It up; I mean they hear others say it. N they just swallow it hook, line, sinker that that is d way it is. One such is 'ASUU re thieves' 95% of pple who say this cannot give u a single tangible reason y 'they are thieves'

The problem with Nigeria is Nigerians nt d Government, nigerians have refused to investigate n find out d truth for themselves, most of us go wit d general flow n popular street opinions esp d so called graduates. Only d truth can set a nation free n nigeria will b out of her bondage only wen her citizens get up their lazy asses and verify Wat they have been led to blive n not just be 'oh yes citizens'.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Jaywon242(m): 8:18pm On Oct 17, 2013
virus2010:
yes my brother,assu shld be blamed bfore FG...dir is dis saying dat charity begins @home.so assu shld go nd address demselves 1st bfore raining faults on FG simple....
and how re they supposed to go address demselves? In what way? Throw more light on ur statement
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by phredy: 8:18pm On Oct 17, 2013
Na Only AKon De Receive Blame o,Put The Blame On Akon
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Habibuisah1(m): 8:22pm On Oct 17, 2013
vislabraye: I think this govt is more cooperative than the previous govt. ASUU should take it easy, after all, how many of the lecturers are sincere ?
vislabraye: I think this govt is more cooperative than the previous govt. ASUU should take it easy, after all, how many of the lecturers are sincere ?
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Habibuisah1(m): 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2013
i dnt knw where shou i sided? But ASUU shouldered d blame coz they should hav call off d strike and continue wth d negotiatin
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by McLuhan(m): 8:27pm On Oct 17, 2013
veraponpo:
This issue has only one cause and that is the only party you can blame------- FG.

ASUU is only demanding for what FG promised and agreed to. Now that ASUU is on strike FG finds it difficult to act now think of if ASUU is not on strike . It then means education is Nigeria would soon be worse than that of Somali. FG is irresponsible and immature on this issue. ASUU's demands were both agreed upon not by any previous government but same Mr Jonathan's regime more than 2 years ago. ASUU waited for action to be taken since then but FG gets money for about ten private jets, N255m for Oduah 2 cars, more than N100b for bail-out of banks, N1b for president's food, etc but for education there is no money.

There is always cause and there is always EFFECT. It only shows we dont have govt.

Resident doctors are on strike, ASUU on strike, ASUP, on strike, NASU on strike, CAC workers just called off, etc Which ways Naija.
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by dontgivafuck: 8:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
phreakabit: ASUU consists of a bunch of lying deceitful old thieves. Its a shame that ASUU has gone to the dogs. They have metamorphosed from being an educational body, into becoming a political machine.
n here it is, an example of such generally held views...
Ask this guy nw 'Y do u say ASUU consists of a bunch of LYing n Deceitful thieves; xplaining how they are "lying n deceitful" he can't say, its just one of those things he hs heard being said arnd n he decided 'oh well I guess dts it'

ASUU has become a political machine or in a more popular parlance 'ASUU has been politicised' - another such general views, dis particular one originating from d govt of day to gain sympathy of d masses n demoralize ASUU into submission, n d masses of course swallowed it up in their usual 'follow-follow manner'

Sir please give me just one concrete evidence Y u came to d conclusion dt ASUU is nw a political machine.
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by simpleseyi: 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2013
If stella oduah can use 225 million naira to buy two cars which actually cost far less than that at the car mart in addition to the numerous cars she has bought in the past with our oyel money, the federal government cannot say that there is no money.
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Jaywon242(m): 8:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
Nigerians re so gullible and that's why the gove has been taking for a ride for many years. I am sorry to say that it'll continue like this if we cannot confront the govt rather than sitting idle at home and pray to God in our hearts that He shld change d country. God will not come down to help us if we don't help ourselves. And it'll get worse if it continues this way. Many Nigerian graduates can hardly write simple,correct grammatical expressions and dat is one of the products of a bastardised educational system. I have seen many grammatical blunders on nairaland,on dis thread,bbm,facebook,twitter,etc and I am very sad that we have descended so low to dis level. I fear for the future of this country with d mentality of our youths

1 Like

Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Destinymmi: 8:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
An agreement is an agreement, FG is 2 blame
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by sleekpro(m): 8:40pm On Oct 17, 2013
ASUU is to be blame because, they always go on strike when ever there is an exchange in POWER, simply because of what they stand to gain, so is only wen the government give them what THEY WENT, not what WE WANT, or the RICH oppossision are make use of their MONEY now that the fredral gvmt tresury is empty, to do some politic. So for me the so-called ASUU don't even care about us. Since they started going to strike what have they achive for the universties? What we will at end of this strike is nothing but our vc's and some snr lecturals resuming school with new cars and jeeps. So ASUU IS TO BE BLAME!
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by giftsly: 9:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
Wit due respect 2 d originator of dis post, blames wil nt solve d problem, see we r stdnt n we hv 2 reason 2 a logical conclusion hw dis mess wil stop, hw do we react 2 future bin jeopardise? Hw did we gt into dis bullshit n hw wil d stdnt b compensated for loss of an academic year, even house rent gone. Wil ASUU of FG pay us? Lets begin 2 act wisely n speak wit a voice dnt 2 blame any1 bt 2 stnd n demand for our rite. EDUCATION is our rite Weda ASUU or FG lyk it or nt. Our future is at stake here, no gud single protest, nt even a full one wk protest. A country wer militancy pays n ppl dat wat 2 b useful wit pen re shut off.
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by mutvy: 9:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
The Federal Government off course,they allowed primary and secondary education to collapse.They are now looking for ways of crippling tertiary education so that they and their cronies will continue to float private ones and forced their children on Nigerians as genuine rulers base on the fact that they are well educated or as expatriate as they are now sending their children abroad for education.
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Edoblakky(m): 9:48pm On Oct 17, 2013
Pls OP when writin topics, let us learn to use the right tenses. The topic should be "who is to blame" and not 'who is to be blamed'.
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by penny01502: 10:12pm On Oct 17, 2013
FG
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by emeraldlife: 10:13pm On Oct 17, 2013
veraponpo:

I feel ya pain bro, it shall be well with naija.

1 Like

Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Dgov6: 10:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
The blame is obviously on FG for the following reasons:
1. Why did FG signed an agreement without adequately establishing her capacity to fulfil such?
2. Why did it have to take FG up till 2013 to raise part of the fund for an agreement whose implementation should have started since 2010?
3. Why did it have to take ASUU embarking on an industrial action before FG could raise #130billion in 2013 out of about #1.2trillion total fund, as against an annual release of #400billion as contained in the agreement?
4. Had ASUU not embarked on this strike, what obvious plan was in place to ascertain that FG is committed to fulfiling the terms of the agreement?
Fellow N/Landers, the facts that these questions exist have indicated to a great extent the insecerity and nonchalant attitude of the Fed. Govt to the implementation of the agreement entered with ASUU and tertiary education in Nigeria generally.
What a pity!

1 Like

Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by emeraldlife: 10:17pm On Oct 17, 2013
Edoblakky: Pls OP when writin topics, let us learn to use the right tenses. The topic should be "who is to blame" and not 'who is to be blamed'.
Professor. How many thread u don open wey make front page?
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Bitojoe(m): 10:46pm On Oct 17, 2013
Something is wrong with both of them.imaging,even if ASUU dont strike,just believe that Nigeria universities will still add to the years which u want to spend in school.useless people.they are just fighting for their own selfish interest.
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by mazizitonene(m): 10:47pm On Oct 17, 2013
Pls how does dis affect d strike ?................
ASUU (n): bunch of greedy lecturers and profs..even if dey get d money na mismanagement ni. D top guns go jst fyn way dey siphon d money...na internal strike we go fit bgn hear if @ all.
FG : bad belle jonathan govt dat doesn't knw d importance of education, haw can dey tell me 400bn is 2much yle dey waste much more dan dhat on irrelevant frivolous baseless tns e.g stella oduah and her armoured keke, 64billa abuja gate e.t.c....don't 4get d money ds FG idiots also embezzle
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by UuzbaGuuzba: 11:48pm On Oct 17, 2013
ASUU and Government. Which one do you know personally? Who is Mr ASUU Where is his house? Who is Mr Government? Where does he live?

YOU! YOU students are to blame for the damn strike. All you think about is ASUU! Is it ASUU you will eat? After graduation won't you work? How many employers are screaming that graduates don't have skills?

Go and learn skills. Download PDF books from internet and read. Checkout 4shared.com, utorrent.... Book is there. Learn plumbing, bricklaying, art and craft. Make boat and push it into the river and catch fish.
Make fishing net. Start your own industry in your backyard. Open Youtube and watch lessons on carpentry, software, crafts... .

Be there waiting for ASUU and GOvernment. They do not give a damn about any students progress in life.

Do you think Mr Government is training you in school so that when he is old, he will hand over power to you? Or Mr ASUU will hand over full control of the universities to you when he retires? These people are looking for money for survival and they couldn't give a shit whether you student benefit anything or not.

Be there listening to yeye stories. When hunger wire you, you will go and sell palmwine. Find out what local products you can manufacture and sell them.
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by saxtaiwo: 11:49pm On Oct 17, 2013
ASUU consists of bunch of cowards,they are only interested in the national cake,I wonder what the so called lecturer are teaching,many times I jst get out of the class when some of them comes to teach and u begin to wonder who employ such a fellow as a university lecturer.ASUU shd be blamed.Naughty fellow.
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by sonyoung: 12:05am On Oct 18, 2013
FG should be blame for falling to reason that as a govt u can agree on what u cant do its as simply as that..... i will open roads, i will build bridges and i will feed all their sychophants when u allow "me" remove subsidies....
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by longleg(m): 1:40am On Oct 18, 2013
To be frank and sincere, when you are in a position and finds out that most of the junior colleage is earning more than you do. You next action will be what ASUU are demonstrating now. They need money to throw up like those in the assembly
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by kazyhm(m): 7:06am On Oct 18, 2013
I tink ASUU are nt realy fighting 4 us d student coz I tink d real prob of govnt skuls are d private skuls bt most of thr lecturers are 4rm within ASUU member, d funniest tin to me is dat while we're @ home obeying ASUU's call 4 strike dey re busy teaching those in private skuls.
2nly, I knw a tym in my own skul dat we head VC was giving 200milion 4 renovation bt only painting of leactures theaters is wat we see while d sit insyd is nt good n dey didn't touch dem, our hostel is lyk panama prison,
ASUU shud av fear of GOD ooo
D money dey'r requesting 4 is goin to still cause internal strike!!
Dis country is so f**ked
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by kazyhm(m): 7:06am On Oct 18, 2013
I tink ASUU are nt realy fighting 4 us d student coz I tink d real prob of govnt skuls are d private skuls bt most of thr lecturers are 4rm within ASUU member, d funniest tin to me is dat while we're @ home obeying ASUU's call 4 strike dey re busy teaching those in private skuls.
2nly, I knw a tym in my own skul dat we head VC was giving 200milion 4 renovation bt only painting of leactures theaters is wat we see while d sit insyd is nt good n dey didn't touch dem, our hostel is lyk panama prison,
ASUU shud av fear of GOD ooo
D money dey'r requesting 4 is still goin to cause internal strike!!
Dis country is so f**ked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Ishaku: Wadume Didn't Dupe Me Of N6 Million / Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka / Jonathan Continues To Impress!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.