Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,322 members, 7,888,009 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:33 PM

Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox (72166 Views)

How The Crashed Bristow Helicopter Was Transported To Lagos (photos) / Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) / VIDEO: How The Plane Crashed In Lagos (Ikeja) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by sandee575(f): 1:47am On Oct 12, 2013
[quote author=manny4life]

PPL (SE/ME + IR)

No I'm not in Nigeria...

I still have to complete CPL although I'm gradually getting there with my hours after which I have to complete ME Commercial, then add on CFI and CFII and hopefully I'm ready.

No I haven't flown helicopters..[/quote

Goodluck and best wishes.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by joeekuns(m): 1:53am On Oct 12, 2013
proO1:

Thank you very much. Some of these bumpkins really make me sick. They purport to be Christians/Muslims and readily quote verses in the Bible/Qur'an when it suits them, yet they still rant against something that should.be considered a truism based on the scriptures of the religious faith they profess.

Every religion emphasises the inevitability of God's will. Indeed, every religion recognises that God gives and God takes. Death comes when it will, because that is how God ordained it to be. No amount of regulation can prevent human error or accidents from happening.. That is exactly what Stella Oduah meant.

Even the supposedly "unsinkable" Titanic sank. That pretty much explains everything - from a philosophical perspective.

Actually i disagree with you....God knows and allows it to happen does not mean it's his will, because in the holy book he told us that his thoughts towards us are of good (in the case of job). So if God wanted to kill one man and his children are there he would devise another means.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Maximus85(m): 1:53am On Oct 12, 2013
So how does this affect ASUU strike? And I heard that plane is over 20years old. Now to cross the road u need to look right, left, right again and then u look up in case of a falling plane. We complain that our drivers (vehicle, motorcycle and tricycle) are mentally ill. Now our pilots too are getting MAD.

Will anything ever work in Nigeria? Simple Education can't work. Some people want to stay home for 6years without work and want to receive salary.

To all the useless lazy lecturers if I were to be Jonathan, I go make sure hunger waya unar well well. Na unar go dey beg say unar no wan strike again.

You want change and you don't want to sacrifice. There are millions of jobless qualified lecturers out there, I go sack all of unar come employ new serious minded ones. And that ASUU, I go scrap am come create another body wey go dey use brain.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by manny4life(m): 1:54am On Oct 12, 2013
sandee575:

That is the essence of CRM, Crew Resource Management. Crew are trained to recognize incapacitation. The Captain could also be disorientated. As a good FO, you tell your Capt that you "have controls". A good Capt will acknowledge "You have controls" The FO becomes the pilot flying until the termination of the flight or the Capt returns to normalcy.
The examples given above prompted the industry to give relevant training to lower this AUTHORITY GRADIENT which renders an FO a mere
onlooker in the cockpit. He must be ASSERTIVE in the interest of ALL.

I totally agree with you that CRM is important but coming from pilot who make cockpit errors like the Colgan pilot who was correcting stall wrongly, you see it's all theories. Some pilots are very clueless, and not assertive as you would think..
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by manny4life(m): 1:56am On Oct 12, 2013
[quote author=sandee575][/quote]

Thank you... Flying for fun now, it won't be long till I seat on the left hand side. grin grin
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Okwy2013: 2:00am On Oct 12, 2013
No! Maybe will should ask the pilots on the last day to tell Nigerians their own side of the story.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Nobody: 2:02am On Oct 12, 2013
manny4life:

Thank you... Flying for fun now, it won't be long till I seat on the left hand side. grin grin
Amen grin
I've learned a lot from your analysis and that of Sandee.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by sandee575(f): 2:28am On Oct 12, 2013
manny4life:

I totally agree with you that CRM is important but coming from pilot who make cockpit errors like the Colgan pilot who was correcting stall wrongly, you see it's all theories. Some pilots are very clueless, and not assertive as you would think..

Of course some pilots are more skilled than others. As a matter of fact methinks flying is a talent.
If you don't have the natural flair for it, its gonna be a struggle all through your career. When all
is going well, anyone can fly, its the onset of an emergency that sets the boys apart from the men.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Nobody: 3:18am On Oct 12, 2013
sandee575:

Is manny4life a pilot??
Or a google expert
Funny thread we have here, with folks that have not flown anything bigger than a kite spewing all sorts of technical jargons about flying an aircraft grin
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by ronalmagic10(m): 3:36am On Oct 12, 2013
picoba:
The pilot sound to be an half bake pilot. Education system in Nigeria!
I guess the pilot had is training here in Nigeria.

Which school did you attend? Smh
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by kabaka1: 3:46am On Oct 12, 2013
Promhize: Guess stella odua was right after all
Yakubu abdulraman, that says it all.

You guys are misunderstanding stella odua. What she meant was that, the plane crash wasn't due to an error by her ministry or the agency i.e everything was in right order, just the way it is in successful flights.

U're right n because of a statement that she made, people keep blaming her 4 d accident
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by kabaka1: 3:53am On Oct 12, 2013
ba7man: Enforcing safe practices in Aviation is far more important than analyzing a Black Box in Nigeria.

If there are no Plane crashes, there won't be Black box analysis. Why walk through Refurbished Airports to board rickety, unsafe Planes??

Do u know that Nigeria is still a third world country, so most of our airlines are allowed to manage with older planes.
The pilot was just plain stupid!
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by kolamilan(m): 3:56am On Oct 12, 2013
This was mere negligence of the pilot. RIP to the dead.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Solozzo(m): 4:52am On Oct 12, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I think we all agree that not engaging the flap in of itself is not enough to cause a crash, all other things being equal. We are told that the crew decided not to use the flap during takeoff. It seems to me as if the real cause of the crash is the following as noted in the AIB report:

“Approximately three seconds after ‘power is set’ call, the First Officer noted that the aircraft was moving slowly."

I submit that the aircraft was moving slowly and could not attain enough lift for successful takeoff. Additionally, the condition of the aircraft made abortion impossible. The responsible parties in my mind, are those responsible for air safety.

If you can show us that this aircraft would have successfully taken of if the pilot had used the flap, then I'm all ears.

BTW: The protocol you posted up there is applicable when flap is used. Using flap for takeoff is not mandatory in this case, else AIB would have screamed pilot irresponsibility right away!

Thanks Chucks sand nanny4life. As usual airworthiness is the most common cause of air disasters in Nigeria more than pilot errors. So who should checked for these errors before takeoff? Pilots, mechanics and engineers or management?

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by daddymuna: 5:44am On Oct 12, 2013
watch out for boko haram pilots.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Solozzo(m): 5:45am On Oct 12, 2013
manny4life:

I actually have my license to fly...

I am not a Google expert, heck if I had money, I want to complete all my ratings and be ready to go commercial.

Great! Thanks for telling us about some aspects of takeoff
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Solozzo(m): 5:58am On Oct 12, 2013
joe_ekuns:

Actually i disagree with you....God knows and allows it to happen does not mean it's his will, because in the holy book he told us that his thoughts towards us are of good (in the case of job). So if God wanted to kill one man and his children are there he would devise another means.

I don't think God has anything to do with this or any other air disasters. Mankind's decision to build planes and fly in the air is a manifestation of eating the forbidden fruit of the "knowledge of good and evil"and we are on our own any time we choose to fly.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by mrlaw93(m): 6:08am On Oct 12, 2013
stantob:

Stella: Wow it is 30th of Sept, That my Spanish bobo is arriving later to night.

Charity: Ah you mean, you're inviting that little boy ?

Stella : You call him a little boy,

Charity : Ah, that boy is only 19 years.

Stella : That boy is making my day for me during this independence celebration.

Charity : Hmmm, that means, for one week, the bobo will be all over you ?

Stella : I need to refresh myself with fresh blood

Charity : Don't forget you're the Air Minister, you need to monitor events strictly during this holiday.

Stella : I can't believe you are saying this, for this our country, I'm in charge, who get mouth

Third of October Stella phone rings grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm

Stella sluggishly picks up the call,

Madam, the air craft conveying the body of the late Ondo state governor just crashed

Stella angrily drops the phones and shout: " what a stupid idiot, cutting short my enjoyment just to report about a crash, this boy must be stupid.

Stella contemplates: What do I tell this people now, what what what , okay

Stella in summary : CRASH IS AN ACT OF GOD. shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
someone should pls like his post nah.. mumu u don finish
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by blackmiamy: 6:10am On Oct 12, 2013
This incident reminds me of BBC plane crash investigation documentaries I watched and downloaded on YouTube, it was said about 95% of every plane crashes are always caused by pilot's negligence to certain signs and warnings. Then, I was wondering how can that be true, but now I can see some reasons.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 12, 2013
baybiemee: And a heartless fellow said it was an act of God

If your statement is targeted at tarnishing someone's image, then you are rude.

Analysis of every accident shows someone's action or inaction. So the best you can do is to blame a minister of aviation for the shortcomings of a pilot ?

I never expected that statement from a minister anyway...
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Anyanwu2003(f): 6:17am On Oct 12, 2013
@Ndu - chuk... sorry you are very wrong... taking off with the wrong flap setting sets off the takeoff config alarm... as C.G (center of gravity) will be affected.. which can cause a crash..., 2nd asymmetry thrust/auto flare is always a concern on take off let alone a prop Engine.... because no pilot wants to get into the red line (VMC) minimum controllable airspeed where pilot can maintain directional control if critical Engine fails.... Then at low Altitude?.. !!!Recovery is close to zero !!!!!......
Regulation Says.... The pilot in command has the final authority as to the airworthiness of the aircraft...... they had all options to abort the flight but continued................. sad... sad...
I am also a professional like them B737NG pilot and licensed Engineer.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 12, 2013
thorpido: I have always wondered if the planes don't give signs of technical problem and this goes to show that indeed there are signs but people just choose to ignore those signs.

The captain must have been a man who trusted in his experience/ability.
We need the guidance of God in our lives and may we hear the voice of the Spirit when He cautions us.

best comment so far...
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 12, 2013
u are only hearing what d media wants you to hear....d trut is....dey av sacrificed dose guys for d 2015 election...dats dier duty..i mean d politicians.....stop d media's report....dey tel u trutful lies.....watch it.....durin election period or immediately after election dere must be a plain crash dat must claim peoples life....dem don c say land accident nor de produce much blood... Dem con choose aircraft dat conveys mor dan 200 and above....make una think am o...my fellow nairalanders........darlings..reporting from fried rice fm..warri
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Cholison(m): 6:39am On Oct 12, 2013
Transformation in progress
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Congratulation: 6:39am On Oct 12, 2013
Na God go serve person 4 dis country
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by pauldochu(m): 6:42am On Oct 12, 2013
ITbomb: It was not an Act of God neither was it due to the age of the aircraft .
Even 20 yrs aircraft is still very safe .
This was mere negligence.
I believe the pilot wanted to avoid the blame of why didn't u check the plane before we came
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by sambabadave: 6:43am On Oct 12, 2013
Hmmmmm,naija wit managing!the stupidity of a person or two claimed 15 lives can u beat that!
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 12, 2013
WHAT DO WE EXPECT TO HAPPEN WHERE ABOKI IS THE PILOT,I HAVE ALWAYS SAID IT THAT ABOKI IS ABOKI EVEN IF HE IS ON SUIT.[/quote]
And an assh*le will always be an assh*le. That 'aboki' achieved more in his life than you can ever hope to.
The acheivement of the likes of Aliko Dangote 'aboki in suit' is the yardstick for measuring success. So STFU.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by balladin: 6:58am On Oct 12, 2013
Orlando Owoh: It is only a fool, like those that have already, that will believe this lie. Ask yourself, how come the pilot and those in the cockpit were arguing over the air worthiness of the plane without the passengers noticing? Is the cockpit that enclosed that the passengers in the front role could not hear the "argument?"
Have you been In a plane before? And who told you that all arguments are loud and noisy like bus driver and conductor?
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Lordmilitary(m): 7:00am On Oct 12, 2013
This is abokilistic mentality..they r always in life danger risk taking.most of all this pilot should be proprily psychological,emotional and cognitively assessed.cos most of them are psychological negligent in nature..nigeria aviation take note,administer a test to all these pilots 2 knw d sturborn ones,and those that are nt even in contact wit reality...
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by demayor13: 7:03am On Oct 12, 2013
That is the problem we have in Nigeria, ''neglecting things we should not''.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by caprini: 7:12am On Oct 12, 2013
All na wash...even pilots of Air force one will abort a take off if warned by the plane computers ,not to talk of Nigerian pilots that loves balling more than p.diddy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? / Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.