Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,184 members, 7,907,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 05:23 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (622385 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Fhemmmy: 9:00pm On Dec 11, 2013
Dr_Jay02:
Lool oga Fhemmmy and gala grin ,sure will send some over if you can assure that it will get to you from B.C before the expiring date. you know I'm the latest JJC so don't know how the postal service works that way.

We can have it courier oh and will be with me the following day . . . So i PROMISE oh.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DrJay02(m): 9:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
Fhemmmy:

We can have it courier oh and will be with me the following day . . . So i PROMISE oh.
Expect your gala before the year runs out smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Fhemmmy: 9:10pm On Dec 11, 2013
Dr_Jay02:
Expect your gala before the year runs out smiley

My own don better - Christmas present for me, People, dont be jealous oh - Thanks, Pal!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Ebonylord(m): 10:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
hello everyone, i am new here, i applied for study permit in September for winter and have been called for medicals, however i am SS{sickle cell gene}, i am about to do my medicals, will my case be different? will i be refused a visa based on the fact that am SS? will there be delays? does any one know any SS patient already in canada or who have done their medicals? please i need your contributions and answers both from those already in canada and those who have applied for study permits or know people who have been issued/denied visas based on being SS or the procedures or things that were required from them during their medicals. Thanks all...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 10:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
i only know the doctor will ask if you are on certain medication, but i dont think u can be denied based on genotype. let the ogas in the house add to this sha grin
Ebonylord: hello everyone, i am new here, i applied for study permit in September for winter and have been called for medicals, however i am SS{sickle cell gene}, i am about to do my medicals, will my case be different? will i be refused a visa based on the fact that am SS? will there be delays? does any one know any SS patient already in canada or who have done their medicals? please i need your contributions and answers both from those already in canada and those who have applied for study permits or know people who have been issued/denied visas based on being SS or the procedures or things that were required from them during their medicals. Thanks all...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by almonche: 11:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
[quote author=Fhemmmy]

Hello fam, pls i'm having difficulty registering on ontariocolleges.ca, it keeps giving me error message whenever i want to put my mailing address saying
''The address you entered could not be verified. Review the address information you have provided. If the address is correct, click the ACCEPT button. If it is not correct click the EDIT button'' anyone else having the same problem. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kelly4top: 11:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
ChriGo: .....Mehn!!! this is scary sha...tot u're heading to Ontario....seems the quota for Ontario don Exhaust .....cuz I noticed most students denied after medics are for Ontario province....Hmmm!!!...Make I still dey Observe sha grin.....Anointed111 Na Which province you dey go ?......

I seeeee.. now i know why my friend whose father had an oil coy in Warri was denied despite he has paid full tuition in George brown college Toronto, Ontario and also has 2 billion in his fathers company account and 500 million in his father's personal account. So this quota thing really works? Guys wey don collect TRV... Unua no know wetin God do for unua oh... with this my guy story, i now conclude visa is not by money in statement of account or whatever but by God's grace.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 12:07am On Dec 12, 2013
kelly4top:

I seeeee.. now i know why my friend whose father had an oil coy in Warri was denied despite he has paid full tuition in George brown college Toronto, Ontario and also has 2 billion in his fathers company account and 500 million in his father's personal account. So this quota thing really works? Guys wey don collect TRV... Unua no know wetin God do for unua oh... with this my guy story, i now conclude visa is not by money in statement of account or whatever but by God's grace.
....For real ?.....Hmm!!...dis is funny...that money is way too much mehn....Let's hear from Anointed tomorrow to know the outcome of his storming....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BlessedNkem(m): 12:08am On Dec 12, 2013
britiko: @blessedNkem- it is well. I know dat delay is not denial. He has a perfect timing for all things, ur trv inclusive.
Work on d advice given to u so far and u will be fine.
May the lord strenghten u @ dis tym.
One love dear.
Thanks n GOD Bless.vry angry now.tinkin of applyin to USA next year.Canny's wahala is jst too much

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tonyrero(m): 12:10am On Dec 12, 2013
ChriGo: ....For real ?.....Hmm!!...dis is funny...that money is way too much mehn....Let's hear from Anointed tomorrow to know the outcome of his storming....
ChriGo was right afterall grin......believe!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 12:35am On Dec 12, 2013
dis quota thing is scary thou....God aint sleeping grin
tonyrero:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by klems4real: 12:35am On Dec 12, 2013
tonybunor:

thanks boss, i agree with u on the college issue, but the truth is paying for college and masters again will be a big issue to talk my parents into...
Alright Bro, what did you study in your undergraduate level? And what makes you think that you cant see yourself through when God blesses you with a good job after college. Masters would be the least thing to think of after college except in a very rare case. This is so because, you would consider working to earn some money and also gain some experience, you would also want to file for PR. You should be talking about more professional certifications after college and not Masters. Abi na only school you come this world to attend?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 12:37am On Dec 12, 2013
tonyrero:
....Lol....biko no give my guy Anointed Heart attack ojere....Anointed biko no mind tony...I am wrong for now grin.....let's know how far with urs.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Anointed111: 12:38am On Dec 12, 2013
ChriGo: ....For real ?.....Hmm!!...dis is funny...that money is way too much mehn....Let's hear from Anointed tomorrow to know the outcome of his storming....
. 2mrw or 2day 12 dun nack already o...no try mii ogrin na2day I go storm!! By 3 am I go dun prepare the go VI straight no shakings.... Shey the VO nor get bald head koz na dia I go start frm if him f up...grin grin * me wei liver d kut* grin all d same .. Guys na to reduce pressure
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by PlayPays: 12:41am On Dec 12, 2013
Ebonylord: hello everyone, i am new here, i applied for study permit in September for winter and have been called for medicals, however i am SS{sickle cell gene}, i am about to do my medicals, will my case be different? will i be refused a visa based on the fact that am SS? will there be delays? does any one know any SS patient already in canada or who have done their medicals? please i need your contributions and answers both from those already in canada and those who have applied for study permits or know people who have been issued/denied visas based on being SS or the procedures or things that were required from them during their medicals. Thanks all...
You won't be denied.
Go with your previous medical examinations, papers and also your drugs if you're taking any currently so the doctor won't waste your time.
The doctors are correct guys so you could even scop em to know more, if you be sharp guy and sabi scop well then the doctor might hint you better.
If you have other documents to show your VO that you'll leave Canada after your study I advise you add them along any other further instructions you might have been given.
Be very relaxed yours won't be different but be ready for the medical bills here and you can bring in your medications as long as you've got the necessary papers.
Best of luck bro

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Anointed111: 12:44am On Dec 12, 2013
BlessedNkem: Thanks n GOD Bless.vry angry now.tinkin of applyin to USA next year.Canny's wahala is jst too much
. I really feel ur pains bro.. It's not just too easy especially at this time. But in aall we need to give HIM praise. If canny has been ur dream pls dnt change ur mind..keep the dream alive.. GOD will see u through IJN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ceomrcash: 12:44am On Dec 12, 2013
hello guys......please is there anyone coming to MUN or St. john's and looking for an accommodation. i got a 4bedrooms flat and looking for jst only two more students to fill in the oda rooms. and the good thing about it is that the house is 5MINS WALK to school and very OVER affordable. if ur interested contact mi as soon as possible. CONTACT : jollyswager@yahoo.com.

PS : only for the serious minded.......welcome to St. john's!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 12:47am On Dec 12, 2013
tonybunor: @nasdaQ and @ChriGo God bless u guys but pls how diffucult is it for some one to get into Concordia University College of Alberta to sturdy Master of Information Systems Security Management heard there r not prospects for me in canada after school... and pls i would need ur help on this co-op tin most computer science related courses dont have it and my agent is saying i need a course that has it in other to get a job in canada after school... im very sorry for these annoying questions but a young broda needs help

Welcome to my info world. Am sorry for the long silence, I have been pretty busy lately trying to get my mind, body and soul ready for the Canada challenge.

Concordia University College of Alberta as been rated highly in the field of information security management and the job rate for their graduates is pretty high.

Yes you definitely need to send a sealed transcript to the university. I had a crazy experience where DHL mishandled my transcript and it arrived at the school un sealed. The university requested for another sealed transcript. But this ur private uni 80K for transcript!!! That is daylight robbery.

Please don't believe the trash of not getting a job after Masters, it is a bright shining lie. The only thing is that it is aways easier to get admission into colleges than Universities. But truth be told; whether College or University graduate; once you know your stuff, you will be a JOB MAGNET

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Anointed111: 12:48am On Dec 12, 2013
miss bon: dis quota thing is scary thou....God aint sleeping grin
. I dnt believe in d quota thing!!! I believe it is just same across.. Dnt be scared ur case is settle like mine!!! Just join ur faith with mine *oga chrigo no be dat tin wei d ur mind I mesn o* we go chop trv 2day...letz go there!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 12:59am On Dec 12, 2013
Anointed111: . I dnt believe in d quota thing!!! I believe it is just same across.. Dnt be scared ur case is settle like mine!!! Just join ur faith with mine *oga chrigo no be dat tin wei d ur mind I mesn o* we go chop trv 2day...letz go there!!!
.....one thing I admire about ur faith ur mind dey ur TRV....quota or no quota ....I don dey feel am say u go chop am.....all I ask is to keep the house updated....pls survey around too for potential stormers and let's know what's up about them grin.......congrats in Advance .....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by wildchild1: 1:19am On Dec 12, 2013
i would love to ask when is the best time to apply for a graduate program in Canada...Its for my cousin,he is presently in 400l now and would be graduating by April cos they already finished 1st semester before the ASUU strike...would he still be able to apply for a graduate program that would start in say Aug,Sept or Oct because his certficicate and transcript wont be ready until June/July.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Anointed111: 1:25am On Dec 12, 2013
ChriGo: .....one thing I admire about ur faith ur mind dey ur TRV....quota or no quota ....I don dey feel am say u go chop am.....all I ask is to keep the house updated....pls survey around too for potential stormers and let's know what's up about them grin.......congrats in Advance .....
. Tnx bro....I gather u and all those wei dun chop trv already and I massively tap and suck frm ona blessings!!grin... I dun dey ready to go koz dat tin wei u tell mi about going early jux d ring 4 ma ears every nw and then!!! GOD ain't sleeping.... Gimmi some luv bro!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by canrelocate: 1:36am On Dec 12, 2013

Please note that the Doctor you meet for the examination has no say in the decision about your visa. The Dr. only perform pre-defined examination on you as directed by the Health unit of CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) and forwards the result to Ottawa.

The medical examination does involve a blood work and that should reveal your SS situation. Typically, the Canadian Government will raise concern on any health conditions of an applicant that can strain Canada's public health system. If such concern is raised, how you intend to handle any possible crises in terms of non-public available resources and support and/or preventive measures might influence the decision about your application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 1:43am On Dec 12, 2013
Anointed111: . Tnx bro....I gather u and all those wei dun chop trv already and I massively tap and suck frm ona blessings!!grin... I dun dey ready to go koz dat tin wei u tell mi about going early jux d ring 4 ma ears every nw and then!!! GOD ain't sleeping.... Gimmi some luv bro!!
.....Guy go sleep na....make u quick wake up for ur TRV hustle....you dey hungry oooo.....It is well grin.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by canrelocate: 1:46am On Dec 12, 2013
wild child: i would love to ask when is the best time to apply for a graduate program in Canada...Its for my cousin,he is presently in 400l now and would be graduating by April cos they already finished 1st semester before the ASUU strike...would he still be able to apply for a graduate program that would start in say Aug,Sept or Oct because his certficicate and transcript wont be ready until June/July.

For most Canadian graduate programs, the applicant is often required to complete the first degree before initiating a graduate application. The common exception is if you're planning to enroll in a graduate program at the same university where you finished your undergraduate progam - which is not the case for your cousin. So, your possible best-bet is to do all the necessary findings/research and identify which school programs to apply to, write up the research intent/statement of intent while waiting to finish.

Although, the admission date is not much of a concern as with the visa processing time - that's usually where the bottle-neck is for International students coming from Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by wildchild1: 1:55am On Dec 12, 2013
canrelocate:

For most Canadian graduate programs, the applicant is often required to complete the first degree before initiating a graduate application. The common exception is if you're planning to enroll in a graduate program at the same university where you finished your undergraduate progam - which is not the case for your cousin. So, your possible best-bet is to do all the necessary findings/research and identify which school programs to apply to, write up the research intent/statement of intent while waiting to finish.

Although, the admission date is not much of a concern as with the visa processing time - that's usually where the bottle-neck is for International students coming from Nigeria.
Thanks bro...whats the normal processing time for a student visa? and what im really trying to say is all things being equal now that the ASUU strike is gonna be called off next week,he should graduate by April.Now the question is when can he start applying for a graduate program that will start by Sept/Oct?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by canrelocate: 2:07am On Dec 12, 2013
BlessedNkem: reason for denial was insufficient fund n not been able to assure dem I wil return afta my studies.Company acc. was 5. while sponsor personal acc is 2. is ova 7m not enough.pls how best can I show strong ties ooo.don't ve landed properties ooo.

Did you pay your tuition yet?

The visa officers are aware, even though it is difficult to prove, that most often, the person indicating that he/she will sponsor you will not actually do that in the real sense of it if he/she is not your parent or sibling. So they typically need more than just showing a few millions in an account as sufficient proof of funding. Also, the inflow/outflow transactions on the accounts are as important as the balance, if not more.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by demoah(m): 2:10am On Dec 12, 2013
wild child:
Thanks bro...whats the normal processing time for a student visa? and what im really trying to say is all things being equal now that the ASUU strike is gonna be called off next week,he should graduate by April.Now the question is when can he start applying for a graduate program that will start by Sept/Oct?
If it is a PGD at a college and he wants to start by Sept(fall semester), he can apply for the program immediately he graduates in April provided he has all the requirements needed for the program within his reach. If it is for a graduate program like a masters degree at a university, he can equally start his application but he cant resume in Sept of the same year. You need more time for application into a masters degree program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by wildchild1: 2:18am On Dec 12, 2013
demoah:
If it is a PGD at a college and he wants to start by Sept(fall semester), he can apply for the program immediately he graduates in April provided he has all the requirements needed for the program within his reach. If it is for a graduate program like a masters degree at a university, he can equally start his application but he cant resume in Sept of the same year. You need more time for application into a masters degree program
Thanks man,i appreciate....Invariably,he cant travel to Canada for masters next year if he finishes by April?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by demoah(m): 2:19am On Dec 12, 2013
wild child:
Thanks man,i appreciate....Invariably,he cant travel to Canada for masters next year if he finishes by April?
God willing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by wildchild1: 2:21am On Dec 12, 2013
demoah:
God willing
lolz...is that a yes or no bruv? grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by canrelocate: 2:23am On Dec 12, 2013
FISLAG: Please house very URGENT! How long is a TRV valid for? The exact duration of your program or a few months are added? Pls reply

As a student, the TRV is usually for a short period ranging from 3 months to 1 or 2 years (in very rare occasions). What is important is that you get to a Canadian Port of entry before the expiry date and be sure to have the letter you have to present to the Border officer that should issue your Study Permit when you enter Canada. You only need the TRV to re-enter Canada, your Study permit is what you'll need to maintain a valid status in Canada as an International student.

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.