Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,017 members, 7,942,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 02:45 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (626981 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BlessedNkem(m): 10:13am On Dec 11, 2013
Beulah Hephziba:

There are going to be periods when you will wonder why things are not going the way you expect but note that our time are in God's hand, we are the people of His pasture.

Believe God for this second chance. When you get a second chance in life, do not regret; hold it with both hands and make things happen.
Nothing is impossible until you decide to stop trying. Tell that denial you are bigger than it by overcoming it.
Focus on your determined destination, fight the obstacles and overcome it,
I pray for you that whatever was supposed to be in your hands but has not been delievered or whatever you missed or lost so far this year shall be restored to you in Jesus name.
Shame the devil and wax stronger, your sun will shine again.
Thanks.I am Greatful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 10:32am On Dec 11, 2013
BlessedNkem: reason for denial was insufficient fund n not been able to assure dem I wil return afta my studies.Company acc. was 5. while sponsor personal acc is 2. is ova 7m not enough.pls how best can I show strong ties ooo.don't ve landed properties ooo.

My dear sorry for the delay but it is just a temp phase.
Corporate acc of 5m and a 2m personal acc could raise the insufficient flag when equated to the cost of your tuition and Board. If you subtract a years tuition and Board from 5m, will the amount remaining be enough to run the company?

Another way of going about this funds thingy, is to have your sponsor give you an introductory letter from his company starting his employment status and annual salary of an amount up to 3m above your 1year tuition and Board.. Then he should write a sponsorship letter stating the extent of his sponsorship. He should give you his Tax clearance certificate of 3 years if possible.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 10:46am On Dec 11, 2013
nas-jay:

@ChriGo make u cheek your LOA, Students must bring a copy of their most recent police clearance, driver's license and vaccination record from their home country, u go need that card
....Police clearance-Check....Driver's License-Check.....Vaccine -Uncheck.....I went to Luth for the Vaccine...i was given d vaccine and was told to go to airport for the Card na so i Vex....i spoke with someone already in Lambton and was told all dos tins no nid jare....told me the only important thing is the driver's License so i dont wana bother mysef ......and besides the card full everywia for airport...na to buy am codedly for N500 grin.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 10:57am On Dec 11, 2013
kclexa:

Nas Jay; abeg you sure sha na only book una dey go read for that your school, which one be bring police clearance, driver's license and vaccination record? Omo your school requirement even pass CDHC own oh.

Well I don't have any of these restriction on my LOA.
ChriGo oya answer oooooo
....Kclexa...No mind Lambton jare na all docx dem say make we bring....soon dem go ask for Nairaland Records grin....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Quantumfisika: 11:35am On Dec 11, 2013
Do we NEED yellow card to leave naija for Canada?

Is it asked at any Canadian airport?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sampitts(m): 12:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
Quantumfisika: Do we NEED yellow card to leave naija for Canada?

Is it asked at any Canadian airport?
I just got here yesterday.. you dont need yellow card.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
britiko:

U can go for enqiry next week. Or rather send an e-mail before going.
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
Lagos@international.gc.ca
They will surely reply u.
Good luck.

Sent emails to the addresses above last week in order to enquire about my visitor visa app...... Didnt get any auto reply..... And no response from them yet...... Does it take that long for them to reply mails??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jacob512(m): 12:43pm On Dec 11, 2013
BlessedNkem: Congrat bro.I suppose d reapplied tru paper route right?

@nas-jay. Can we communicate on ur email. Wanna ask u sum ?z. Wanna reapply next yr jan. Tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by equlibrium(m): 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
saw this msg dis mornin. "Ur processed passport is ready for collection" wen I tracked to check for medical instruction and I nvr do meds. Is dat what every1 gets 4 meds or dis means somtin un-nice?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by UwemJimmy: 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
equlibrium: saw this msg dis mornin. "Ur processed passport is ready for collection" wen I tracked to check for medical instruction and I nvr do meds. Is dat what every1 gets 4 meds or dis means somtin un-nice?

Bro this is scary though but I suggest you go and see the package first. It is well! When did you submit the app? And was it paper or online route??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Quantumfisika: 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
sampitts: I just got here yesterday.. you dont need yellow card.

ok..tank u sir. hp ur trip was smooth...welkum
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by PlayPays: 1:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
Dr_Jay02:
The charge for Gt bank is N1000 which is approximately $7 per withdrawal and it works very well used it previously in Europe.

The Gtb charge per withdrawal here in Canada is N400 and Fidelity bank is $4
Those two I'm familiar with very well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 2:28pm On Dec 11, 2013
PlayPays:

....for real?...just collected my GTB card now and on the letter attached with it I saw N1000 deduction charges for every ATM transactions made outside Nigeria ....hmmm!!!....all of una just dey play person like footballgrin.....na until I show dia confirm am myself before I go believe all of una ......lol....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by austinecole: 2:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
FISLAG:

AAAAMMMMMEEEEEENNNNNNNN!!!!!! In Jesus Name!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by equlibrium(m): 2:35pm On Dec 11, 2013
Uwem Jimmy:

Bro this is scary though but I suggest you go and see the package first. It is well! When did you submit the app? And was it paper or online route??
submittd sept 9th, paper route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
equlibrium: saw this msg dis mornin. "Ur processed passport is ready for collection" wen I tracked to check for medical instruction and I nvr do meds. Is dat what every1 gets 4 meds or dis means somtin un-nice?
....Oga banker....Kai u have just been delayed...since u haven't done medics ....I no need console u cuz bankers don console me tire for my ATM card wey ATM machine dey chop....so be strong on this one and refire.....you can send me a PM make I send u useful links about the online route and also assist u the little way I can with the process......so sorry....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
…..@Dr_Jay…Which province are u heading to and What school?....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DrJay02(m): 3:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
PlayPays:

It's been about 6 months now since I last used it in a foreign country, I really doubt the rate dropping below $3 in that period of time except they have a special package with north America (Canada). I will discuss with my bankers in the coming week about it and probably see for myself when I hopefully arrive Canada.
An advice for all heading to Canada try and have at least two cards from different banks if you intend to still have dealings from back home.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by UwemJimmy: 3:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
equlibrium:
submittd sept 9th, paper route

Ok, go for the package. I submitted mine sept 27, still waiting for med instruction though I was at the embassy yesterday to submit additional supporting docx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DrJay02(m): 4:00pm On Dec 11, 2013
ChriGo: …..@Dr_Jay…Which province are u heading to and What school?....
British Columbia, Thompson Rivers University.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Huzzie: 4:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
Dr _jay02 congrats on your TRV. Kindly list all docx submitted, indicate sponsorship, school and level, and were you instructed to pay tuition n board. We need these information to enable us reason together on the cause of denial after medicals trending recently.See u in canny#stay blessed#
@Equilibrium...it is well...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 4:47pm On Dec 11, 2013
Dr_Jay02:
British Columbia, Thompson Rivers University.
.....Mehn!!! this is scary sha...tot u're heading to Ontario....seems the quota for Ontario don Exhaust .....cuz I noticed most students denied after medics are for Ontario province....Hmmm!!!...Make I still dey Observe sha grin.....Anointed111 Na Which province you dey go ?......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Anointed111: 5:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
ChriGo: .....Mehn!!! this is scary sha...tot u're heading to Ontario....seems the quota for Ontario don Exhaust .....cuz I noticed most students denied after medics are for Ontario province....Hmmm!!!...Make I still dey Observe sha grin.....Anointed111 Na Which province you dey go ?......
. Guy na Ontario way ooooo abeg no gimmi heart attack...grin me go definitely chop trv 2mrw IJN..ontario quota neva finish o..as long as mii stil dey..hehehehehe d tin go dey dia till wii all chop o...hehehehgrin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DrJay02(m): 5:11pm On Dec 11, 2013
ChriGo: .....Mehn!!! this is scary sha...tot u're heading to Ontario....seems the quota for Ontario don Exhaust .....cuz I noticed most students denied after medics are for Ontario province....Hmmm!!!...Make I still dey Observe sha grin.....Anointed111 Na Which province you dey go ?......
I don't think there is anything like province quota, if there is any such thing as quota I believe it will have to be general.
I will update the house with my list of documents before the end of the day.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 5:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
Anointed111: . Guy na Ontario way ooooo abeg no gimmi heart attack...grin me go definitely chop trv 2mrw IJN..ontario quota neva finish o..as long as mii stil dey..hehehehehe d tin go dey dia till wii all chop o...hehehehgrin
.....Amen oooo....Biko no get heart attack ooooo.....na just my observations dey run wide oooo.....cuz dem just dey deny peeps for silly reasons after medics and most if not all this peeps are for Ontario province......Let's see wat tomorrow brings grin....biko update the house on ur storming tomorrow.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by demoah(m): 5:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
jaymdee: I'll arrive Canada on the 28th. Ogas in d house over there, what do u want? Gala or kilishi? Hope Canny airport guys no go seize am.
Also, I'll be changing my BTA soon. What's d Dollar type needed? Is CAD an option for me? Or it's only USD I can have. Is the GTB mastercard really efficient as their staff told me? Anyone using it over there? The bank informed me that it's 1K charge per withdrawal. Abeg make una put mouth for this talk.

And is yellow fever card still a travelling document? Please your responses would be appreciated.
GTB withdrawal charges is now 240
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by apple08(m): 5:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
ChriGo: ....Police clearance-Check....Driver's License-Check.....Vaccine -Uncheck.....I went to Luth for the Vaccine...i was given d vaccine and was told to go to airport for the Card na so i Vex....i spoke with someone already in Lambton and was told all dos tins no nid jare....told me the only important thing is the driver's License so i dont wana bother mysef ......and besides the card full everywia for airport...na to buy am codedly for N500 grin.....

U can come with ur driver's license so far he neva expire, you will definately need it when applying for the Canadian drivers license and u can get that within some months and dont have to go thru the whole driving school process all over again...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by demoah(m): 5:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
ChriGo: ....for real?...just collected my GTB card now and on the letter attached with it I saw N1000 deduction charges for every ATM transactions made outside Nigeria ....hmmm!!!....all of una just dey play person like footballgrin.....na until I show dia confirm am myself before I go believe all of una ......lol....
Guaranty Trust Bank eLectronic Notification Service (GeNS)

We wish to inform you that a Debit transaction occurred on your account with us.

The details of this transaction are shown below:
Transaction Notification

Account Number : ..............
Transaction Location : CORPORATE H.O.
Description : ATM WDL COMMISSION
Amount : 240.00
Value Date : 02-Dec-2013
Remarks : 100 King St W Hamilton ONCA 400 CAD
Time of Transaction : 10:29 PM
Document Number : 9999276156

That was my last GTB alert for withdrawal. it is now 240. It was 1000 last year, they changed it to 400 and now its 240.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 5:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
demoah:
Guaranty Trust Bank eLectronic Notification Service (GeNS)

We wish to inform you that a Debit transaction occurred on your account with us.

The details of this transaction are shown below:
Transaction Notification

Account Number : ..............
Transaction Location : CORPORATE H.O.
Description : ATM WDL COMMISSION
Amount : 240.00
Value Date : 02-Dec-2013
Remarks : 100 King St W Hamilton ONCA 400 CAD
Time of Transaction : 10:29 PM
Document Number : 9999276156

That was my last GTB alert for withdrawal. it is now 240. It was 1000 last year, they changed it to 400 and now its 240.
......God bless you demoah for that……Na only u be the padi wey I fit believe for here jare......u be sure guygrin....some one told me N240 too buh dem wan change am for my head here....thanks bro......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by demoah(m): 6:04pm On Dec 11, 2013
ChriGo: ......God bless you demoah for that……Na only u be the padi wey I fit believe for here jare......u be sure guygrin....some one told me N240 too buh dem wan change am for my head here....thanks bro......
you're welcome. But GTB no nice atimes oooo. Their exchange rate is usually higher than the normal exchange rate. The exchange rate as at the time i did this transaction was 149 per dollar but gtb used 156 per dollar.

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (501)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.