Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,588 members, 7,944,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:11 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (627239 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by temiefash: 9:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
To @chrigo n @Greatheight.......I say welcome to the Maple Land.As U step ur feet on this soil,You shall see no sorrow...And also,the Pharaoh that u have seen before,You shall see them no more.....@Ambeyh,Congratulobia....Atlast,ur effort is crowned....Also to the awaitee, your turn to be celebrated is here,dont give-up the fight....Aluta continua.....lol

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nrdgeek: 9:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
nrd_geek: Please house I need your help urgently. I'm a graduate with a masters degree in law from UK. I intend to go for a diploma in Energy Asset Management at SAIT. I wouldn't know if this might cause a problem with Canadian High Commission getting visa from Nigeria because my diploma is not a postgraduate diploma.

Could there be a problem applying for visa for an ordinary diploma after having a masters?

Someone please help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 9:42pm On Dec 19, 2013
whats the duration of the diploma?
nrd_geek:

Someone please help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
Anointed111: . This Amefrica of a dude....e be like u neva enter guttar b4??...them nor dey use cuttlery chop slap ogrin... Chrigo men, I gat ur back in ur absence..grincheesy..

20 men shall fall that day if you cross my lane oh eh. grin

All your men shall fall that day if you cross my lane oh eh. *in wizkid's voice*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Oscorpy(m): 9:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
@ChriGo, u don reach nwanyi imo restaurant for there?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nrdgeek: 9:52pm On Dec 19, 2013
miss bon: whats the duration of the diploma?

It's a 2 year diploma only it's not a postgraduate diploma.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Anointed111: 9:52pm On Dec 19, 2013
ChriGo: ....Mehn this thread don fly sha....Chai!!!....if to say i dey around, onye oma go don put the whole blame on me grin.....I thank God for bringing me and greatheight Safe and Sound to Canada....and i also appreciate y'all for the wishes....so much love in the house.......I also wanna congratulate the TRV choppers...hmm!! God has finally answered your prayers...and to all still awaiting goodnews ..... have dis in mind....GOD AINT SLEEPING.....thats the secret code to my TRV success grin......i also met with Shayi my man....dude's a big boy....Nice meeting you bro.....@ Oga Fhemmmy look below for the proof of your Gala oooooo.....dem dey here and as i be newbie i really dont know how to get it down accross ooo...still struggling to get accomodation ooo....dis Galas go expire next week oooo.....i don PM you sha....My sweet miss bon dear....i hope guys here no dey disturb you sha, especially that big headed Gstring....I await your good news soon dear....come join me sharpally ojere...its getting colder grin.....@Ambeyh my guy special congrats to you bro....Welcome to canada........
. Chrigo so dat chat dis morning na flash u just flash miii..... Thank GOD u finally arrived successfully....would be on ma way in less than2wiks tym...toronto not sernia..u knw the code na...grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 10:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
i think you shuld try to get a pgd for better chances so there wont be problems smiley
nrd_geek:

It's a 2 year diploma only it's not a postgraduate diploma.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by greatheights: 10:54pm On Dec 19, 2013
temie fash: To @chrigo n @Greatheight.......I say welcome to the Maple Land.As U step ur feet on this soil,You shall see no sorrow...And also,the Pharaoh that u have seen before,You shall see them no more.....@Ambeyh,Congratulobia....Atlast,ur effort is crowned....Also to the awaitee, your turn to be celebrated is here,dont give-up the fight....Aluta continua.....lol

Thanks a bunch. Amen ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by greatheights: 10:55pm On Dec 19, 2013
Whew!!! Miss Bon in 3D. Yaaaaga!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 11:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
Nice seeing and talking to u bro grin
greatheights: Whew!!! Miss Bon in 3D. Yaaaaga!!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nrdgeek: 11:10pm On Dec 19, 2013
miss bon: i think you shuld try to get a pgd for better chances so there wont be problems smiley

Thank you very kiindly smiley
It's just that I'd love to be in Calgary because I got family there and the course content of the Energy Asset Management seems to suit me perfectly cry. On the other hand, I wouldn't like a Visa Officer asking why I'm going for an ordinary diploma when I already have a masters.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 11:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
Oscorpy: @ChriGo, u don reach nwanyi imo restaurant for there?
....Lolzzz grin....na ife resturant dey here....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by canrelocate: 11:28pm On Dec 19, 2013
nrd_geek:

Someone please help

In a literal context, it might be really difficult to get a study permit for an ordinary diploma after you've obtained a Masters degree because it just doesn't make a logical sense with reality. Besides, you're intending to take the diploma in a field that is completeley different from your previous area of experience/expertise. That being said, if you can create a logical relation of your past (possibly related work experience that could have motivated you to want to change your area of proficiency), a miracle can still happen. Also, these days, I am not too sure if the stringency in the application process at The Canadian Deputy High Commission in Lagos has not been compromised - so anything can still happen.

If your original intention is to immigrate and not necessarily for study, there might be other legitimate route that can still accommodate your circumstance - but I can only make suggestions after knowing some more details about your circumstance. I wish you very best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 11:32pm On Dec 19, 2013
yea I get u, I think u shuld just use the pgd to get the visa and wen u get to canny, u can switch. It's safer dat way smiley
nrd_geek:

Thank you very kiindly smiley
It's just that I'd love to be in Calgary because I got family there and the course content of the Energy Asset Management seems to suit me perfectly cry. On the other hand, I wouldn't like a Visa Officer asking why I'm going for an ordinary diploma when I already have a masters.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by MisSim: 11:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
Mis sim in da houz, it is well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 19, 2013
Mis Sim: Mis sim in da houz, it is well

Mis sim +++ Amefrica
Mis bon +++ Chrigo.

How you see that? grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nrdgeek: 11:57pm On Dec 19, 2013
canrelocate:

In a literal context, it might be really difficult to get a study permit for an ordinary diploma after you've obtained a Masters degree because it just doesn't make a logical sense with reality. Besides, you're intending to take the diploma in a field that is completeley different from your previous area of experience/expertise. That being said, if you can create a logical relation of your past (possibly related work experience that could have motivated you to want to change your area of proficiency), a miracle can still happen. Also, these days, I am not too sure if the stringency in the application process at The Canadian Deputy High Commission in Lagos has not been compromised - so anything can still happen.

If your original intention is to immigrate and not necessarily for study, there might be other legitimate route that can still accommodate your circumstance - but I can only make suggestions after knowing some more details about your circumstance. I wish you very best.

You've got it bang on the money mate. Immigration is my genuine intention and I got a family in Calgary.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by canrelocate: 11:58pm On Dec 19, 2013
greatfa4: Good day great men in the hux
I am so delight to meet this forum now.
I have few question,

1. Does any university in canada, accept 2.84(lower credit) for post graduate?
2. What is the cheapest, I have try to search, find memoria, but others opinion will be welcome?
3. Is it possible to work and study also to assist my fees because I may not get the complete fees?

Plz ur advise will be strongly appreciated. Congratulation to those who have made it.

I will respond to your concerns/questions in the order that you raised them.

1. As I mentioned a one of my previous post, most post-graduate degrees (Masters and PhD) in Canadian universities are partly funded by the Government, so merit is a huge part of the requirement for qualification and the competition is very tough because people apply in large numbers from countries like China and India with very high CGPA. For most post-graduate degrees, the minimum is an equivalent of a 2:1. A typical work around is to apply for a post-graduate diploma that relates with your academic background or work experience.
2. Memorial university is affordable, but there are many other options with less tuition fee - if you tell your area of study, I might be able to give some recommendations.
3. You can study and work in Canada, but please get this very clearly. For most study permit authorization, you are allowed to pick up a job within your primary institute of study without requiring an additional work permit, but those on-campus jobs are not readily available. You can also work outside your primary institution of study typically after a period of 6 months of full-time study you'll typically be required to fulfill some basic requirements in your academic program before you can be granted an off-campus work permit. Please, please and please, if you are fortunate to make it in as an international student, don't work outside your primary institute oif study without the right permit.

All the best.

CanRelocate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nrdgeek: 11:59pm On Dec 19, 2013
miss bon: yea I get u, I think u shuld just use the pgd to get the visa and wen u get to canny, u can switch. It's safer dat way smiley

Yeah ... guess I'd have to start looking for a new school pronto smiley

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by canrelocate: 12:01am On Dec 20, 2013
nrd_geek:

You've got it bang on the money mate. Immigration is my genuine intention and I got a family in Calgary.

You can PM me with some of your details.

CanRelocate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 12:02am On Dec 20, 2013
Lol..no comments grin
Amefrica:

Mis sim +++ Amefrica
Mis bon +++ Chrigo.

How you see that? grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 20, 2013
miss bon: Lol..no comments grin

wink wink You know what it is!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 12:13am On Dec 20, 2013
Suddenly miss bon is more active on Nland now. Hmmm do I sense a transfer of anointing from ChriGo cool

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by bayusman: 12:31am On Dec 20, 2013
Please i need an urgent attention, i've just completed a registration for an elect/elect engr. undergraduate study at a university in canada and i was asked to forward my transcript but the thing is i got my ssce as an external candidate so i went to the school to acquire the transcript which will consist my academy activities and scores etc.. After long explanation i was told that they don't have any info about me since i am an external candidate, although i have collected my certificate how do i explain to the university do i forward just my certificate then explain how i got the certificate .

Thank in anticipation for a better guardian.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 12:40am On Dec 20, 2013
Lol.... grin
kclexa: Suddenly miss bon is more active on Nland now. Hmmm do I sense a transfer of anointing from ChriGo cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 1:30am On Dec 20, 2013
kclexa: Suddenly miss bon is more active on Nland now. Hmmm do I sense a transfer of anointing from ChriGo cool
....Lolzzz.....Am impressed with my own very Miss bon grin......

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 1:32am On Dec 20, 2013
Amefrica:

Mis sim +++ Amefrica
Mis bon +++ Chrigo.

How you see that? grin
....Mis sim bitibo....sim card? grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BeulahHephziba: 4:33am On Dec 20, 2013
[quote
author=bayusman]
Please i need an urgent attention, i've just completed a
registration for an elect/elect engr. undergraduate study at a
university in canada and i was asked to forward my transcript but the
thing is i got my ssce as an external candidate so i went to the school
to acquire the transcript which will consist my academy activities and
scores etc.. After long explanation i was told that they don't have any
info about me since i am an external candidate, although i have
collected my certificate how do i explain to the university do i forward
just my certificate then explain how i got the certificate .

Go to WAEC office having jurisdiction over your school, tell them your school is requesting for your transcript. They will tell you how much you pay and get it done. Even if you did your SSCE as internal student, only WAEC issues SSCE transcript, just the breakdown of your scores. Do not panic is possible.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lymelyte(m): 5:41am On Dec 20, 2013
miss bon: cant wait to be with you sweetie kiss grin
@miss bon,see your BIG teeth cheesy grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lymelyte(m): 5:56am On Dec 20, 2013
Is anyone studying any industrial or production engineering related discipline as pgd in Canada? Please I need schs that offer such..
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 7:19am On Dec 20, 2013
Famous Chrigo and greatheight, happy landing ooo.We will meet there soon by Gods grace. Remain blessed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (501)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.