Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,471 members, 7,932,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 09:10 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (625718 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
ChriGo: .....Its a trade off man....its either you trade off ur grades in sch to work or you trade off work to study, get good grades and get a good job at the end of your study.....here in my sch...if you fail a course, you get to pay $1000 to redo the course....if you fail the course as a result of the menial job you do, then what would be ur gain if you have to remove a thousand dollar from it ? knowing fully well that the amount you're earning per month is not even up to $2000....some course are even pre-requiste to another course in another semester so if you do not pass it, you get to pay another full tuition fee since you're a full time student(It happened recently to a guy in my Class)....the workload in school is massive and i bet you'll barely have time to do assignments,study for test and exams,do presentations,do labs.....even if you manage to pass the course, you end up with poor grades in ur courses which results to low CGPA at the end of your course....Now that you have low CGPA, do you think employers will employ you?....you might just get stuck doing that menial job you've been doing till God knows when so its your choice man grin.....Like i said earlier, you can always work during long breaks and make cool cash for yourself......but don't make the mistake of choosing to juggle sch work and work work at the same time......Its murder grin......

Well put.. My program is a year long msc.. 12 courses in that one year.. I don't think working is even an option for me.. Thank God sey I get sure hommies for naija.. One phone call them go tidy me..loool

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lymelyte(m): 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lymelyte(m): 7:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
My friend,you do not stand a chance with just 3mill. Like I said earlier,the minimum closing balance should be atleast 5mill and Also the acc should have good inflow and outflow. i.e the account should be very busy
yomiraheem:

/////////////////////////////////
See oo, is it possible to also pay for feeding ni? Well I guess dats probably cos the skul accomodation get provision for dat...nice though, reminds me of boarding house.

But lymlyte u said minimum of 5mil even after paying all tuition, accomoda and feeding?

I tut people can apply with 5m without aving paid any of dat.

I am planning to apply with 3m in my sponsors acct. 2m in my acct which I'm gonna use for tuition. I plan to print d statement b4 paying though so I cud show dat as well. I don't know if it makes sense.

Pls I want to know if I stand a gud chance with 3m in sponsors acct.

Pls, house ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by owenizes(m): 7:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
yomiraheem:

/////////////////////////////////
See oo, is it possible to also pay for feeding ni? Well I guess dats probably cos the skul accomodation get provision for dat...nice though, reminds me of boarding house.

But lymlyte u said minimum of 5mil even after paying all tuition, accomoda and feeding?

I tut people can apply with 5m without aving paid any of dat.

I am planning to apply with 3m in my sponsors acct. 2m in my acct which I'm gonna use for tuition. I plan to print d statement b4 paying though so I cud show dat as well. I don't know if it makes sense.

Pls I want to know if I stand a gud chance with 3m in sponsors acct.

Pls, house ...
That's not good enough! Your sponsors account needs to have a history of good and steady transactions with a minimum of 5 million, even if you have paid your tuition or not, make sure you don't just credit the account with a large sum of money without a good history. Your personal account is a secondary issue, while your sponsors account is the primary and sole issue so be careful when making your decisions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by owenizes(m): 7:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
Galaxxy: Baba God don answer me oooo. Medics passed and Original passport requested. I don chop my TRV today oooo. More good news to Medics hopefuls and Trv awaitees. Lastly, thanks to everyone for their various contributions. The storm is over!!
When did you do your medics?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by owenizes(m): 7:43pm On Jul 07, 2014
LIST OF MEDICAL AND TRV HOPEFULS
(SUMMER/FALL - SEPT 2014)
1. Equlibrium Seneca FEBRUARY 27 Paper route
2. Pcachuks Lambton MARCH 4 Paper route TRV
3. mistur_chris: MARCH 15 paper route lambton
college
4.Coolsammy1: Holland college MARCH 19
Online route (FALL/SEPT -2014 resumption)
5. Drizzle_era Centennial college APRIL 02
( FALL/SEPT -2014 resumption ).
6. Walofy88: APRIL 3 online route humbton
college CHOPPED TRV
7. Kingsolve: mohawk APRIL 10 Online route
CHOPPED TRV
8. Tianadiva APRIL 17 Paper route
9. Sleem-b: APRIL 19 MUN TRV loading
10.Chris viral: APRIL 25, Mcgill University Online
route.
11. Algorithm: APRIL 25 Mcgil university online route. TRV chopped
12. Galaxxy: May 16, USASK. Online route
13. McToby: May 28, New brunswick community college Online route.
14. Halle2: June 6, MUN online route.
15. Aulor: June 6, USASK paper route.
16. Owenizes: June 11, Humber college. Online route.
17. Amefrica: June 13, University of Prince
Edward Island(UPEI) Online route.
18. mPop: June 13, Centennial college online route.
19. Haustraliah : June 22 Medicine hat college, Online route
N.B- If you have gotten your admission for
spring/summer and have applied for TRV. Please
provide the following information
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper
***Institution
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by owenizes(m): 7:43pm On Jul 07, 2014
owenizes: LIST OF MEDICAL AND TRV HOPEFULS
(SUMMER/FALL - SEPT 2014)
1. Equlibrium Seneca FEBRUARY 27 Paper route
2. Pcachuks Lambton MARCH 4 Paper route TRV
3. mistur_chris: MARCH 15 paper route lambton
college
4.Coolsammy1: Holland college MARCH 19
Online route (FALL/SEPT -2014 resumption)
5. Drizzle_era Centennial college APRIL 02
( FALL/SEPT -2014 resumption ).
6. Walofy88: APRIL 3 online route humbton
college CHOPPED TRV
7. Kingsolve: mohawk APRIL 10 Online route
CHOPPED TRV
8. Tianadiva APRIL 17 Paper route
9. Sleem-b: APRIL 19 MUN TRV loading
10.Chris viral: APRIL 25, Mcgill University Online
route.
11. Algorithm: APRIL 25 Mcgil university online route. TRV chopped
12. Galaxxy: May 16, USASK. Online route
13. McToby: May 28, New brunswick community college Online route.
14. Halle2: June 6, MUN online route.
15. Aulor: June 6, USASK paper route.
16. Owenizes: June 11, Humber college. Online route.
17. Amefrica: June 13, University of Prince
Edward Island(UPEI) Online route.
18. mPop: June 13, Centennial college online route.
19. Haustraliah : June 22 Medicine hat college, Online route
N.B- If you have gotten your admission for
spring/summer and have applied for TRV. Please
provide the following information
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper
***Institution
Who's Next....?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by owenizes(m): 7:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
Who's Next.....? wink

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 8:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
God is good! Congrats bruv, a new phase has come.Cheers.
Galaxxy: Baba God don answer me oooo. Medics passed and Original passport requested. I don chop my TRV today oooo. More good news to Medics hopefuls and Trv awaitees. Lastly, thanks to everyone for their various contributions. The storm is over!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 8:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
emperoracro:
oga siga n chrigo, u na dey scare me off o! Pls how is taxi(Cab) services in canada?
....Scare you off?....how?...bus dey every wia and cheap...why you dey find taxi?....seems you be OBO(omo baba olowo) grin......you no need find work wen u land na undecided.....anyways taxi na pay by the meter....i guess its 5 cent or 10 cent per meter...the reading starts from CAD 3.85 here in Sarnia....so the meter increases as the distance increases...taxi na 24hrs services...just call dia number and they'll come to you right away.....but mehn na money grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
owenizes: That's not good enough! Your sponsors account needs to have a history of good and steady transactions with a minimum of 5 million, even if you have paid your tuition or not, make sure you don't just credit the account with a large sum of money without a good history. Your personal account is a secondary issue, while your sponsors account is the primary and sole issue so be careful when making your decisions.

////////////
Aiit guys, I guess I need to go brace up be dat. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vanrichie4u: 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
@Galaxxy did u apply for visa yourself or u contracted an agent to process it for u?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 8:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
codebreaker:

Well put.. My program is a year long msc.. 8 courses in that one year.. I don't think working is even an option for me.. Thank God sey I get correct people for naija.. One phone call them go tidy me..loool
....Nice one OBO!!....actually, there are on campus jobs but very very limited.....everything still depends on how well you can show your superman skills grin....if you can juggle everything together without your body breaking down then kudos ....body no be metal...as for me, na long break work sure pass....I no fit come kill myself for Canada Ojare grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
emperoracro:
Tanx. So for an above average student in Nigeria, its possible to work for d permited 20hrs a week rite?
Sure! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
kesseva: Hello house after 9 long months I finally got my TRV I can't help but praise God cos I almost gave up hope., those who are still waiting for medical or TRV I pray God grant you your heart desire.
Congratulations!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
Congrats egbon! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by awe2015(f): 9:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
kesseva: Yes o owenize I applied as a student God knows y it took so long cos finally today I got my TRV and my wait was not in vain.

Abeg list the documents you been use apply for TRV so that others like me can prepare theirs before time... This will really go a long way to help Us!

This is one of God's dangerous blessings in your life... Thank am first before thanking yourself... U understand now... wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 07, 2014
Congrats dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 10:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
ChriGo: ....Scare you off?....how?...bus dey every wia and cheap...why you dey find taxi?....seems you be OBO(omo baba olowo) grin......you no need find work wen u land na undecided.....anyways taxi na pay by the meter....i guess its 5 cent or 10 cent per meter...the reading starts from CAD 3.85 here in Sarnia....so the meter increases as the distance increases...taxi na 24hrs services...just call dia number and they'll come to you right away.....but mehn na money grin.....

hahahahhahaahahahaa oga Chrigo OMO ke? Where d money dey, just tryin to get familiarised wt d environment n oda tins, mak i no go dey cross my boundary o. Tanx alot bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by dannydolly: 10:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
My application was refused today. Reasons; purpose of visit, limited employment prospects in your country of residence, your current employment situation and your personal assets and financial situation.

Pls house is there anything that can be changed or included to re-apply. I submitted admission letter (going for nursing as a second degree), sponsors documents (business reg docs) and statement of account 6m plus, appointment letter, personal statement of account (1.9m), first degree cert and transcript, O'level cert, marriage cert and kids' birth cert, pension cert and statement (700k+), and taxi cab docs in my name.
Please help a brother good people of the house.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jtbaba1: 10:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
Bros that one much ooo...after paying tution ,accomadation and every.. still 5mil minimum?
It Good if u have that in acc.. but I wouldn't agree tagging miminum to dat.. oboi you must be a Republican..a rich one for that matter..poor ma pikin no go go canada
lymelyte: Minimum should be 5mill

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
dannydolly: My application was refused today. Reasons; purpose of visit, limited employment prospects in your country of residence, your current employment situation and your personal assets and financial situation.

Pls house is there anything that can be changed or included to re-apply. I submitted admission letter (going for nursing as a second degree), sponsors documents (business reg docs) and statement of account 6m plus, appointment letter, personal statement of account (1.9m), first degree cert and transcript, O'level cert, marriage cert and kids' birth cert, pension cert and statement (700k+), and taxi cab docs in my name.
Please help a brother good people of the house.
Thanks

I'm just thinking of how a married man with kids would use another man as a sponsor.. is it an organisation sponsoring? plus what was your first degree in
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by dannydolly: 10:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
codebreaker:

I'm just thinking of how a married man with kids would use another man as a sponsor.. is it an organisation sponsoring? plus what was your first degree in

My uncle is my sponsor... BSc Microbiology
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jtbaba1: 10:41pm On Jul 07, 2014
Wow..congrats..
kesseva: Yes o owenize I applied as a student God knows y it took so long cos finally today I got my TRV and my wait was not in vain.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Finestlex(m): 10:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
A million congratulations to you kesseva.. Galaxy, you'll get mine at the right time.. if kesseva could be patient enough for nine months.. anyone who's determined can chop the trv... God bless us..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Possibility123: 10:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
I guess, if one wants to work while schooling especially in Canada, its a very tricky thing and I bet as a student you need all the cash. Depending on your load of courses, you can make good plans. Even in Canada, we have people working (not student) and doing 2-3 jobs together to survive- paying bills, mortgages, rents, taxes, insurances, and all sorts and all the rest. To be frank surviving outside is tougher ta because of the various challenges you meet.

Having in mind, that as a student you are allowed to work 20 hrs/week, working weekends might work out. Like doing night shifts on Fridays, Saturdays and some hours on Sunday afternoon can help to patch stuffs up (one gat to be tough when outside). Many of us don't come from the very mega rich family who can afford to converts nairas to dollars that make sense.

And if your courses are not all that heavy, working 3-4 times during the week (and weekend) can help. You just need to be smart. I see people resuming 6 pm and close like 10pm (or even 8pm -10 pm), depending on how you can negotiate your time.

I believe one can work around his/her schedules and what your energy can cope with.

But my little advice. When the school is in session, please the factory or heavy duty jobs are not for you, because they break bonessmiley. When the school breaks, you can do those ones, because those bring more $$$.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by conyema12(m): 10:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
Hey guys, I got admitted into Univ of Alberta for Msc programme in Integrated Petroleum Geosciences for this Fall. But I don't think I will make it, the reason being that I currently do not have enough money to embark on the project.

How possible is it to defer to Fall of 2015 to enable me get financially prepared for the programme.

Do I write the school to notify them?

What can I use as the best reason for the deferment?

thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chidimma1: 10:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
hello niralanders, Thank God for success stories of some of our members, I pray that he will bless those of us still waiting. I want to know if adding a bank draft to cover my expenses for my period of study will be ok , together with my bank statement and other documents.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by fabuloustee(f): 10:54pm On Jul 07, 2014
Pls house av been a quiet follower of dis thread, I thank d founder nd the great followers of dis thread, may almighty God reward us all with our TRV, I don't mean to disturb u but my que is, 1. Av gotten admission at niagara college for january(winter)2015,is any one in the house heading to niagara. 2. Whc one do u prefer online payment of fees or bank transfer. 3 should I apply for homestay or rent a house
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kruxit: 10:59pm On Jul 07, 2014
Guys av anyone heard from seunalasho?

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (501)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.