Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,631 members, 7,941,444 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 07:07 AM

Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? (7288 Views)

Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. / Did God Know That Adam And Eve Would Sin Before Creating Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 19, 2013
doubleDx:

Yahweh knows the end from the beginning. The devil's job is to purify you in the furnace of affliction. Yahweh, knew all these would happen to the glory of his name. Worshiping him is a matter of choice, if you chose to use negative energy; that is to say, if you chose evil over good, you will be paid in your own coin. He is a God of recompenses!

You are living in a world of delusions. So, yahweh created people out of their wish, gave them freewill to choose what they want but will punish them for exercising the freewill he gave them.
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 19, 2013
rationalmind:

You are living in a world of delusions. So, yahweh created people out of their wish, gave them freewill to choose what they want but will punish them for exercising the freewill he gave them.

Punishment is the reward for choosing evil over good. Every man will be paid according to his works! Yahweh wishes every man life eternal, but for free will to be valid, every man MUST make his own choice.... I know it's hard for a stiff-necked heathen like you to come to repentance grin Oh well, there is time, you can still change your choice and get a better reward. The wages of sin is death, but the gift of Yahweh to the righteous is life eternal; that's all!
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 19, 2013
doubleDx:

Punishment is the reward for choosing evil over good. Every man will be paid according to his works! Yahweh wishes every man life eternal, but for free will to be valid, every man MUST make his own choice.... I know it's hard for a stiff-necked heathen like you to come to repentance grin Oh well, there is time, you can still change your choice and get a better reward. The wages of sin is death, but the gift of Yahweh to the righteous is life eternal; that's all!

I will keep asking since u refused to answer.
Why punish people for choosing evil when you gave them the ability to choose evil? Why give them the ability at all? Why create them when you knew they will end up choosing evil.

God knew I'd one day become an atheist n go to hell, yet he went ahead to create me. Now its me that will go to hell. Infact, God should go to hell for such an evil act.
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 19, 2013
rationalmind:

Why punish people for choosing evil when you gave them the ability to choose evil? Why give them the ability at all? Why create them when you knew they will end up choosing evil.

God knew I'd one day become an atheist n go to hell, yet he went ahead to create me. Now its me that will go to hell. Infact, God should go to hell for such an evil act.

Isaiah 45:9 King James Version (KJV)

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

Isaiah 29:16 King James Version (KJV)

Surely you have things turned around! Shall the potter be esteemed as the clay; For shall the thing made say of him who made it, “He did not make me”? Or shall the thing formed say of him who formed it,“He has no understanding”?
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 19, 2013
doubleDx:

Isaiah 45:9 King James Version (KJV)

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

Hahahaha, the question again. Why give us the ability to strive with him and then punish us for striving with him. Bro, you can't run from that question.
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 19, 2013
rationalmind:

Hahahaha, the question again. Why give us the ability to strive with him and then punish us for striving with him. Bro, you can't run from that question.

I ain't running from the question. The thing is, Yahweh doesn't want you to be his robot...which is why you have the ability to strive with him! And because he loves you so much, he is begging you to choose good and live....he gave you a test and also an expo grin

Amos 5:14 King James Version (KJV)

Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the Lord, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken.
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Kabieosi: 9:32am On Oct 19, 2013
1) nwuyag
2) rationalmind
3) Alfa Seltzer
4) frank3.16
5) 9jadelta

The above roll call are the prominent inquiring mind(s) actively seeking answer(s) and feedback(s)

nwuyag's straightforward question "Doesnt God Not Know Those Already Going To Hell?"

was given a straightforward answer - Yes God does know

To stop the OP turning into an unduly vexed question,

please, those in the above roll call, should list their past and present working/professional backgrounds or academics if still studying,

after which to watch this space
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 19, 2013
doubleDx:

I ain't running from the question. The thing is, Yahweh doesn't want you to be his robot...which is why you have the ability to strive with him! And because he loves you so much, he is begging you to choose good and live....he gave you a test and also an expo grin

Amos 5:14 King James Version (KJV)

Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the Lord, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken.

Only that the expos are hopelessly contradictory.

Here is the question again. If God has decided not to make us robots, why punish us for not living like robots. You keep going in circles without answering the question.

2 Likes

Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 19, 2013
rationalmind:

Only that the expos are hopelessly contradictory.

Here is the question again. If God has decided not to make us robots, why punish us for not living like robots. You keep going in circles without answering the question.

Nothing bad in punishing you, because punishment is the reward for doing evil. He is a God of recompenses grin Punishing you for doing evil is righteous judgement, you are being paid in your own coin, see? So nothing badt dere bruv grin!
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 19, 2013
doubleDx:

Nothing bad in punishing you, because punishment is the reward for doing evil. He is a God of recompenses grin Punishing you for doing evil is righteous judgement, you are being paid in your own coin, see? So nothing badt dere bruv grin!

I think the fact that you can't answer the question is obvious to anyone. You keep going in circles.

Punishing me for doing evil is not righteous judgement because he gave the the ability to do evil. Had he not given me, I wouldn't have done evil.

The question again. Why punish people for exercising the ability he gave them? Why give people the ability to chose evil and then punish them for choosing it?
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 19, 2013
rationalmind:

God knew I'd one day become an atheist n go to hell, yet he went ahead to create me. Now its me that will go to hell. Infact, God should go to hell for such an evil act .
the bolded part is exactly what baffles me
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 19, 2013
rationalmind:

I think the fact that you can't answer the question is obvious to anyone. You keep going in circles.

Punishing me for doing evil is not righteous judgement because he gave the the ability to do evil. Had he not given me, I wouldn't had done evil.

The question again. Why punish people for exercising the ability he gave them? Why give people the ability to chose evil and then punish them for choosing it?

You are the one twisting the whole thing and going in circles grin It's righteous judgement because you are being paid back with what you did! How can you sow rice and expect to reap cassava huh? The Lord gave you two options and begged you to chose the best and you are here ranting? Smdh for this stiff-necked heathen grin!
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 19, 2013
doubleDx:

You are the one twisting the whole thing and going in circles grin It's righteous judgement because you are being paid back with what you did! How can you sow rice and expect to rip cassava huh? The Lord gave you two options and begged you to chose the best and you are here ranting? Smdh for this stiff-necked heathen grin!

I'm being paid back with what I did. Good. Who gave me the ability to do what I did? Why shouldn't he suffer the same punishment as ill suffer. Not when he even knows I'll do what I did n went ahead to create me.
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 19, 2013
9jadelta: the bolded part is exactly what baffles me

That's the one million dollar question no one has been able to answer. You can see as doubleDx hopelessly tries to answer.

1 Like

Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Kabieosi: 10:51am On Oct 19, 2013
rationalmind:

That's the one million dollar question no one has been able to answer. You can see as doubleDx hopelessly tries to answer.

@^^^
https://www.nairaland.com/1478133/doesnt-god-not-know-those#18901044
https://www.nairaland.com/1478133/doesnt-god-not-know-those/1#18931509
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 19, 2013
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Image123(m): 1:16pm On Oct 19, 2013
@OP
Your title is grammar flawed, i think i understand your question though.

Answer- No.
Happier now?
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Kabieosi: 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2013
Image123:

@OP

Answer- No.
Happier now?

@Image123

He fat fingere'd

I think it is "Doesnt God Not Know Those Already Going To Hell?"
- "Does" as opposed to "Doesn't"

OR

"Doesnt God Not Know Those Already Going To Hell?"
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Image123(m): 1:33pm On Oct 19, 2013
Kabieosi:

@Image123

He fat fingere'd

I think it is "Doesnt God Not Know Those Already Going To Hell?"
- "Does" as opposed to "Doesn't"

OR

"Doesnt God Not Know Those Already Going To Hell?"

lol @ fat fingered. Thanks for the correction.
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 19, 2013
Image123: @OP

Answer- No.
Happier now?

How do we reconcile the concept of ominiscience with your answer?
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Kabieosi: 1:52pm On Oct 19, 2013
rationalmind:

@rationalmind

Why would omniscience conflict with Image123's answer?

Are you expecting God to be bogged down with hindrances because He is omniscient?
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Kabieosi: 1:52pm On Oct 19, 2013
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Image123(m): 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2013
rationalmind:

What exactly is the concept of omniscience(your concept and the Bible's concept). How do we reconcile omniscience with free will?
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 19, 2013
rationalmind:

good point here, I never even thought about that.
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by davidhume1: 2:40pm On Oct 19, 2013
And in the evening he cometh with the twelve. 18 And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me. 19 And they began to be sorrowful, and to say unto him one by one, Is it I? and another said, Is it I? 20 And he answered and said unto them, It is one of the twelve, that dippeth with me in the dish.
21 The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.

First Jesus knew who will betray him. Then he wishes the person was never born. But he NEEDS this guy to betray him, so he lets it slide.
THAT'S JUST LOW!!!

1 Like

Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 19, 2013
Image123: @OP

Answer- No.
Happier now?
tnx for the correction.. I ve changed it.
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 19, 2013
Image123:

What exactly is the concept of omniscience(your concept and the Bible's concept). How do we reconcile omniscience with free will?
I think freewill there is just an illusion since the omniscient one is the creator of freewill.
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Kabieosi: 2:50pm On Oct 19, 2013
rationalmind:

You are living in a world of delusions.

So, yahweh created people out of their wish, gave them freewill to choose what they want

but will punish them for exercising the freewill he gave them

nwuyag:

good point here, I never even thought about that.

@nwuyag

rationalmind will lull you into a false sense of security if you along with him subscribe to making out punishment to be same as consequence

Please reply to https://www.nairaland.com/1478133/doesnt-god-not-know-those/1#18931509

# you haven't changed it yet ooo
- "tnx for the correction.. I ve changed it." - nwuyag
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
I ve actually wondered if apologists have considered this. Sometimes, I feel its more okay if they said that God is not omniscient instead of complicating issues. It sometimes seems to me that whoever wrote the bible just wanted to attribute all mighty powers as in a super hero movie and removed any possible weakpoint not knowing that he/she was contradicting himself.

2 Likes

Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 19, 2013
Kabieosi:

@nwuyag

rationalmind will lull you into a false sense of security if you along with him subscribe to making out punishment to be same as consequence

Please reply to https://www.nairaland.com/1478133/doesnt-god-not-know-those/1#18931509

# you haven't changed it yet ooo
- "tnx for the correction.. I ve changed it." - nwuyag
twaz a mixup.
did you get my point correctly?
I think rationalmind got it well.
What's the diference between purnishment and consequence and how does it affect my question?
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Image123(m): 3:08pm On Oct 19, 2013
nwuyag:
I think freewill there is just an illusion since the omniscient one is the creator of freewill.
nwuyag: I ve actually wondered if apologists have considered this. Sometimes, I feel its more okay if they said that God is not omniscient instead of complicating issues. It sometimes seems to me that whoever wrote the bible just wanted to attribute all mighty powers as in a super hero movie and removed any possible weakpoint not knowing that he/she was contradicting himself.

You're being unfair to God if i may so say. What is your concept of omniscience and what is the Bible's concept.
Re: Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? by Kabieosi: 3:17pm On Oct 19, 2013
nwuyag:
twaz a mixup.
did you get my point correctly?
I think rationalmind got it well.
What's the diference between purnishment and consequence and how does it affect my question?

@nwuyag

You and others are putting the cart before the horse hence the nursing grudges you have with God

I'll know how to answer back the above and the other ones properly once you reply to https://www.nairaland.com/1478133/doesnt-god-not-know-those/1#18931509

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Andy Uba In Adultery Mess As Pastor Mistress Delivers / But How Did Satan Get Back InTo Heaven To See God - Job 2:1-2 / How Appealing Is The Promise Of Eternal Life?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.