Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,784 members, 7,912,192 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 11:48 PM

MRM Vs Feminism - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / MRM Vs Feminism (8716 Views)

Anti-feminism; A War That Men Cannot Win / Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? / 7 Ways Feminism Is Destroying American Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
pc guru:

Wrong she never stated that

She said she would prefer to save children,old people, somehow you omitted that.

She?
Did axion not say he was male earlier on in this thread?
I like how it's impossible for many people to believe that male feminists exist.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
well she/he /transgendered don't care, all i know is, I support axion though you can support feminism, but it doesn't make you one.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
axion:
The thing about idealist movements like feminism is that the Ideal may not be fully achieved but they create awareness and re-educate people, force them to think. In the end, things will always be better for the ones being oppressed.

As someone said, aim for the stars and if you miss, you'll end up in the clouds. All feminists seek is for people to look beyond societally enforced privileges and see from the perspective of the oppressed female. A little change in perspective goes a long way.

Then feminists should stop their BS about EQUALITY and seek for justice which is the brain behind women liberation not some biased movements undecided
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
axion:
Ova are not seeds. Do you know what a seed is? angry

Really?. Ok, what are the male seeds. I wanna know angry
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Idowuogbo(f): 1:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
pc guru:

Even if MLK was a prominent figure in the Black History, he's not the only figure behind Black Liberation, so i wouldn't peg all of our freedom to him, assuming we are free
So pegging my mothers right to move about freely and talk freely, wear clothes of her choosing, and can choose her line of business or career, to feminism is right in your books she? iLaugh!
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
Idowuogbo:
So pegging my mothers right to move about freely and talk freely, wear clothes of her choosing, and can choose her line of business or career, to feminism is right in your books she? iLaugh!

Your words not mine, if you feel its so, then yeah maybe I only said our freedom is not owned to MLK soley just like your post insinuated.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
axion:
We are discussing feminism so my point about an educated woman who seems to be against feminism is spot on.

Without martin luther fighting for black's rights and right for BOTH GENDERS to be educated, EDUCATED women won't be able to come on the internet screaming for equality, so she's spot on undecided

1 Like

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
pc guru:

Wrong she never stated that

She said she would prefer to save children,old people, somehow you omitted that.

Before you LIE next time, READ ist wink tongue. Here is where he/she AGREED. So don't make hasty conclusions next time wink

axion: (c) I sort of agree with first saving women and children in a general population for reasons like:
- Women and children are generally physically weaker than men. Saving them first tends to minimize overall loss or risk if all lives are counted as equal.

- In extreme cases like war or some other risk of genocide, women and children are the only hope for restoring the population when things finally calm down, or heaven forbid if things go on for longer than anyone imagined. After all only women have wombs for reproduction. Male seed can easily be gotten from any 12 to 13 year old boy.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2013
pc guru:

Even if MLK was a prominent figure in the Black History, he's not the only figure behind Black Liberation, so i wouldn't peg all of our freedom to him, assuming we are free

In the same vein, it's absurd to peg the fight for women's right/freedom to feminism/feminist only

1 Like

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 20, 2013
De Beauvoir:

She?
Did axion not say he was male earlier on in this thread?
I like how it's impossible for many people to believe that male feminists exist.

It's not impossible. I'm PRO-feminist to a great extent. I support sane unbiased feminist.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
carujmonella:

In the same vein, it's absurd to peg the fight for women's right/freedom to feminism/feminist only
obviously I concur to that, like i said i don't support it specifically but generally in the sense that if it brings about positive changes then sure why not.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 20, 2013
carujmonella:

Before you LIE next time, READ ist wink tongue. Here is where he/she AGREED. So don't make hasty conclusions next time wink

I didn't see this part, then it fails to become feminism because feminist are all about being treated equal with males, this would simple be exploitation as they only play the feminist card in when it favours them, which would be unfair, this particular case which i don't agree with
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
carujmonella:

It's not impossible. I'm PRO-feminist to a great extent. I support sane unbiased feminist.

But how can you be pro feminist when you still make statements like this?

carujmonella:
Then feminists should stop their BS about EQUALITY and seek for justice which is the brain behind women liberation not some biased movements undecided
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
De Beauvoir:

i think he's referring to feminist that uses it as an advantage (faux members)
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
pc guru:
obviously I concur to that, like i said i don't support it specifically but generally in the sense that if it brings about positive changes then sure why not.

Well said.. I agree with you've written..
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
pc guru:

I didn't see this part, then it fails to become feminism because feminist are all about being treated equal with males, this would simple be exploitation as they only play the feminist card in when it favours them, which would be unfair, this particular case which i don't agree with

Bravo!!.. Touché.. Excellent!!. Nothing else to add wink
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Idowuogbo(f): 1:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
pc guru:

Your words not mine, if you feel its so, then yeah maybe I only said our freedom is not owned to MLK soley just like your post insinuated.

↓↓↓↓His BS not mine.
axion: Raise your hands up if your loving mother (or wife if married, or yourself if you're female) is educated, can move about freely and talk freely, wear clothes of her choosing, and can choose her line of business or career; and yet you're speaking against feminism undecided

I hope you know these are some of the things feminism has achieved so far, over time. Yet there's still a lot to be done. If you won't help the movement by educating people and encouraging a change of mindsets, at least don't discourage those doing so. For the sake of your future generations.
axion:
If it wasn't for feminism you probably won't be able to read or reply this. Wetin girls dey find for school, abi kitchen and bedroom no dey again? undecided undecided
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
Idowuogbo:

↓↓↓↓His BS not mine.

ok you've gotten my curiosity, how the hell did you get the arrow to show ? teach me cry
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 20, 2013
De Beauvoir:

It's simple.. Read again.. Equality is a farce!!. It doesn't exist in reality. Maybe in dreams!!. Justice is what will ensure that woman cashier out there gets paid the same amount as the male cashier working with her who ordinarily might get paid more because he's a man. Justice is what will get an abusive idíot who punches his wife like his punching bag to spend a huge amount of time in jail. JUSTICE is what will get that woman out there who's babbling about equality and hence decided not to train her kids/send her kids to school because she did not get education when she's small, to spend time in jail(I know you will disagree with my last example because it has to do with a woman)

I'm a feminist becuase I believe women rights are being trampled upon. Because women are abused daily more than men. Because women are discriminated against. Because women are not allowed to reach their full potentials before getting married off. Because some men treat their women as if they're their properties that can be discarded. I can go on and on and on about the discrimination that women suffers but what I hate is biased feminist not facing reality, that EQUALITY will NEVER exist. Justice is what I believe in!! cool

I've said this countless times and won't stop, no matter the opinion of the biased feminists who are good at shifting goal posts when they're wrong. Unbiased crew that never agree they're not right as long as women are involved. Pffftttt
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by axion(m): 2:02pm On Oct 20, 2013
pc guru:

Guy you get sense die. Imagine her calling MLK as if I mentioned any foremost feminist in history. undecided
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 20, 2013
pc guru:

i think he's referring to feminist that uses it as an advantage (faux members)

Your first reply was "ZING!"Agreeing to her double-faced conclusion grin. Why the change of mind? grin. At least you can see where I'm coming from. cool
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by yfo: 2:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
carujmonella:

Thought you said you wouldn't contribute on this thread....just couldn't resist any longer hmm wink

Though I understand why you had to, but I'll do my best not to get into another round of debates. From my POV, the feminists and we with african traditions don't mix well...we don't agree on some basic things and our perspectives on some issues are so different you'd wonder if we were talking bout the same subject matter cheesy

Even if we say we agree with most of their principles, we don't get credit from most of them and still get painted as total anti-feminists sad.

@de beauvoir, I see you not getting into the debates as well wink, wishing all you guys -debaters and by-standers alike- a wonderful week ahead. Cheers smiley.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by axion(m): 2:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
carujmonella:

Without martin luther fighting for black's rights and right for BOTH GENDERS to be educated, EDUCATED women won't be able to come on the internet screaming for equality, so she's spot on undecided
What the hell. Why are we discussing racial emancipation on a thread about feminism? So how is she spot on? What's the correlation you are touting here?

1 Like

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by axion(m): 2:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
carujmonella:

You obviously don't know what feminism is if you still make statements like this.
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
y-fo:

Thought you said you wouldn't contribute on this thread....just couldn't resist any longer hmm wink

Though I understand why you had to, but I'll do my best not to get into another round of debates. From my POV, the feminists and we with african traditions don't mix well...we don't agree on some basic things and our perspectives on some issues are so different you'd wonder if we were talking bout the same subject matter cheesy

Even if we say we agree with most of their principles, we don't get credit from most of them and still get painted as total anti-feminists sad.

@de beauvoir, I see you not getting into the debates as well wink, wishing all you guys -debaters and by-standers alike- a wonderful week ahead. Cheers smiley.

@the bolded, exactly!!. That's my point. I've agreed to many/most of their principles yet I'm labelled an anti-feminists simply because I don't support the few absurd pricnciples

1 Like

Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 20, 2013
axion:
What the hell. Why are we discussing racial emancipation on a thread about feminism? So how is she spot on? What's the correlation you are touting here?

Yeah, women don't belong to our race.. They're aliens right?. undecided. Smh
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by axion(m): 2:13pm On Oct 20, 2013
De Beauvoir: Good job axion, keep up the good work.

Reading your posts made me so happy.
Thank you
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Ishilove: 2:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
Hold on hold on, is axion a male or female? He sounds like a man. angry
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 20, 2013
axion:
You obviously don't know what feminism is if you still make statements like this.

Maybe you didn't get the memo earlier on..... Read my lips, I don't give a hoot about insane feminism, ALL I CARE ABOUT IS JUSTICE
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by axion(m): 2:16pm On Oct 20, 2013
carujmonella:

Yeah, women don't belong to our race.. They're aliens right?. undecided. Smh
undecided
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ishilove: Hold on hold on, is axion a male or female? He sounds like a man. angry

He's man, so he said...
Re: MRM Vs Feminism by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
axion:
undecided

Thought as much.. At least you didn't shift the post this time around grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

End Time!!! See What This Girl And Two Guys Are Doing In Public... / How To Eat P#ssy Like A Pro: 18 Moves Between Her Legs That’ll Blow Her Mind / Man Looks Uninterested In His His Wife's Backside In This Pre Wedding Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.