Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,257 members, 7,939,993 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 03:21 PM

Recipes For The Fruitful Home - Food (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipes For The Fruitful Home (48845 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups / I Need Recipes For Stew, Spaghetti, Beans, Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 10:14am On Nov 25, 2013
Pumpkin pancakes

2 eggs
¼ cup pumpkin puree
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cinnamon

Whisk all ingredients together. Brush a nonstick pan with oil, or use cooking spray. Pour in batter by 1/4 cup. Cook for 2 minutes on each side.

Serve your pancakes with honey or maple syrup

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 10:18am On Nov 25, 2013
Pumpkin pie oatmeal.
P.s-if you don't make any other one, please make this.

Ingredients

1 cup of oats
1 1/2 cups of milk
3 tablespoons of honey (or to taste)
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of ginger powder
1/2 tsp of ground cloves
1/4 tsp of nutmeg
1/2 cup of pumpkin puree

Mix everything and cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat till mixture is thick, and oats are cooked, about 5 minutes.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 10:20am On Nov 25, 2013
Venuss, I just followed your suggestion. I added coconut milk AND ginger and cloves. Dh is asking me why I haven't been making it like this since. shocked :/
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Alwaystrue(f): 10:28am On Nov 25, 2013
Genesis 8:20-21
20 And Noah built an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.
21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

There are three things often significant in a sacrifice...the altar, the fire and the food (the usual sacrifice item).
The altar is the base, the location or the medium that carries the process, the fire is the heat needed to make changes to the food and causes a chemical reaction that brings out the effect needed and the food is what is offered.

Altars cannot be underemphasized as even Elijah had to build an altar in the name of the Lord in I Kings 18 to depict a holy place of worship. God was also particular about how altars were even built in the bible. Exodus 20.
Our hearts are the altar that is the basis for all we do in worshipping God. True worshippers worship in Spirit and truth.

The fire signifies trials and temptations needed to cause a change in what we offer to God. God loves it hot, vibrant and flavoured dornit pleases Him just like sweet aromas make us close our eyes in glee and inhale.

Now the food matters. Somethings give off horrible odours when burnt and some pleasant.

Where am I getting to? Well cooked and flavoured food and grills please God. So today let us offer our bodies (our will, desires, ambitions and self-firstness) up as a living sacrifice on the altars of a willing heart so that we give off life giving savours and aromas of love, joy, peace, patience, endurance, faithfulness and so on which is so pleasing to God.

Romans 12:1
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by molola(f): 11:38am On Nov 25, 2013
grin grin grin grin dreams oooooo.

you guys are almost through and i am just about to start mine.

i have been scouting the whole of zamfara and kaduna to get everything set. i think my boo is beginning to look at me in a funny way.when i told him no more amala hmmmmmm the guy wan faint lolllllll.

when i finally located cauliflower in Kaduna, it was a kodak moment ooo !!!!!i was so shocked that i i drove past and had to take the next u-turn far ahead. the mallam was just wondering why i was soo excited

i will soon start my leave so i can do it diligently.

@everyone una well done ooooo

dreams will send u a mail soon.

much love all
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by VENUSS(f): 1:24pm On Nov 25, 2013
grin
Dreamsinbc: Venuss, I just followed your suggestion. I added coconut milk AND ginger and cloves. Dh is asking me why I haven't been making it like this since. shocked :/
Hmm! Tasty rite? Next time we go do another version for him. With strawberry or vanilla or dates as sweetner .
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by uteh: 6:55pm On Nov 25, 2013
@Kike, u funny o, with dat tigernut experiment. Thank God i checked this thread today, i would have done the same thing ie putting d grinded tigernut in d fridge and sieve it whenever i want to serve dh.

@Dreams, dats d problem wit this tiger nut drink o. Those of us dat dont have strong blenders take it to d market to grind and u know if its not much like 200 worth, it wont come out from d grinding machine.

Btw @Dreams, is there no recipe for dh dat will be a bit bitter. The man is enjoying too much na, from tigernut milk to smoothies dat must have one sweet fruit in it to Honipie's cashewnut+groundnut+honey in pap recipe, haba! When are u cooking bitterleave soup?

@Alwaystrue, u are always sharing the truth about d word of God. Well done and God bless u for always watering us.

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Moyinoluwa83: 8:52pm On Nov 25, 2013
@all greetings o. Hope we are all fine. I have bn very busy and I haven't been eating well sad. Will start afresh in d next few days

Take care
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by HawtMummie(f): 10:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
I'l certainly try this oat/ginger spiced recipe 4 breakfast tmrw!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by lizzyslaw(f): 3:56am On Nov 26, 2013
@ All ona Good good moringus Oº°˚˚°ºh!
@ Uteh, when Ȋ̝̊̅ saw ur post on sometin bitter for DH, Ȋ̝̊̅ laughed. Biko, wetin DH do when u wan punish am nau? To my Dh anytin bitter is punishment. Ȋ̝̊̅ never see ds kind man b4, his sweet tooth na helele! Me Ȋ̝̊̅ like bitterleaf but him....kai! If he offends me dt day if Ȋ̝̊̅ cook Ȋ̝̊̅ ensure Ȋ̝̊̅ put plenty bitterleaf in his soup and when he tastes it Hia! He scrunches up his face and Ȋ̝̊̅ say "sorry Ȋ̝̊̅ don't understand ds bitterleaf, it seems to have sometin extra today" with a smile and then he gives me the evil eye! Ȋ̝̊̅ will jejele carry my food to d bedroom and let him eat while fuming. ː̗̀=Dː̖́•‎​​​​​ℓσℓz•ː̗̀=Dː̖́•‎​​​​​! This food ehn! It can be used to achieve plenty purposes cheesy grin

@Dreams biko, y u wan draw my leg come out na? Ȋ̝̊̅ said Ȋ̝̊̅ like it. Ȋ̝̊̅ wanted u to try it out and if it is ☺ķªª¥, tell the house ursef if u deem it fit. The peck for me is d fact dt it is a lazy meal. Abeg if u don try am u fit share am if u feel it is worthy. Thank u!

Hmmm 21 days already? Choi! Ȋ̝̊̅ support continuity Oº°˚˚°ºh! Pls ds thread must not die. The beauty of this challenge is that u can start it whenever u like by just going back.

@ twinnie, u deserve d award Oº°˚˚°ºh! shocked shocked Plant quinoa ke? Pls can u upload the pix of the quinoa b4 planting let this village gehl see Oº°˚˚°ºh! shocked
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Alwaystrue(f): 7:54am On Nov 26, 2013
Psalm 78:16-22
16 He made streams pour from the rock,
making the waters flow down like a river! 17 Yet they kept on sinning against him,
rebelling against the Most High in the desert.
18 They stubbornly tested God in their hearts,
demanding the foods they craved.
19 They even spoke against God himself, saying,
“God can’t give us food in the wilderness. 20 Yes, he can strike a rock so water gushes out,
but he can’t give his people bread and meat.”

21 When the LORD heard them, he was furious.
The fire of his wrath burned against Jacob.
Yes, his anger rose against Israel,
22 for they did not believe God
or trust him to care for them.

Thanking and believing God takes all our effort, will and being especially when you look at surrounding situations. The Israelites could not fathom how God will be able to provide them with meat and food in the dessert despite the fact that He had provided water. They demanded for food yet said God was not competent enough to provide it. What wickedness!!! They brought God down to their level of reasoning instead of elevating themselves to His by faith.
Even Father Abraham who had been told expressly by God to go and sacrifice his son Isaac as a burnt offering knew that God was just too faithful and replied to Isaac when he asked for the lamb that God will provide himself a lamb for burnt offering. Oh my! What a level of faith!!!

Yesterday I felt a little weary and asked God for some encouragement before I slept and smiled. cheesy ! I did not need to ask, it is around me already...I am a living proof. I have seen Him pour out water from rocksin my life, what more do I need to see the quails and manna drop from heaven? Faith like Abraham's.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by uteh: 12:05pm On Nov 26, 2013
@Lizzylaw, dont mind me jare. Dh hates bitter things too, so discovering dat these things are healthy and beneficial to fertility makes him very happy and he's seriously enjoying it. Unlike wen i use to force him to drink yoyo bitters and aloevera juice and he will do sign of d cross before drinking
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 2:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
LOL @ Uteh, i also wanted to suggest Swedish bitters if you want him to take something bitter. abeg, free am ooo. I understand perfectly about the tiger nuts. Can I suggest pounding before blending to break down the structure, and make it easier to blend?

Lizzy, i don bring out your leg fully. I've not made it yet. Please naaaaaa! Ok, i will make it tomorrow and revert with the review. lmao

Moyin, don't worry. Every day is a new day. Like Lizzy said, the beauty about it is you can start at your convenience.

Molola, I can imagine your excitement. Cauliflower is not a common veggie here jare.

Venuss, it's like you want 'somebody' to be a spoilt child. he has already started rebelling against plain tiger nut milk since he tasted that one. Now strawberry? I will never hear the end of it. I will spoil him sha...

Hawtmummie, make it and lerrus know how far.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Alwaystrue(f): 8:59am On Nov 27, 2013
Hebrews 5:12-14
12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Just like we have food for babies and that of adults, the word of God which is food for the soul also has milk for babies and those for the strong.
Jesus once said to His disciples that there are somethings He could not tell them at that time for they will not be able to bear it, same as the Hebrew chapter.
We see many packaged foods often written, not suitable for babies or children under a certain age because of the complexity of such diet.

Exercising our understanding of the Word of God requires meditation just like a baby exercises his teeth gradually on meat or bones by personalising it with his saliva, 'meditating' on it in his mouth, then trying to crunch it. Babies do not need to exercise like this when drinking milk as it is easy to take. Hebrews 6:1-3 admonishes us to move on to perfection, move from the foundation to perfection in God.
A baby is only often cute till a certain age then after it is expected he take up greater challenges or the parents start getting annoyed or concerned. It is time to work out this salvation we have. As you eat your meat and crunch you bones in your physical food, ask yourself if this matches with your soul and inner man.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by uteh: 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2013
@Dreams, thanks. I will try poundiing d tiger nut before blending. I will get back to you on d result. Have u tried entering this food competition organised by makers of Knorr? I think u should give it a try.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Alwaystrue(f): 8:14am On Nov 28, 2013
Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears and listens to and heeds My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will eat with him, and he [will eat] with Me.

How overwhelmingly joyous is it to have dinner with the saviour of our soul, Jesus Christ. Jesus is knocking at the door to our heart, if we hear and open it, he will come in to eat with us and we will eat with Him. Anybody that eats with Jesus is sure made for Jesus never comes empty, He is the bread from heaven and we will not hunger anymore; He gives living water and we will not thirst anymore.
Open the door of your heart today to Jesus and let Him come in and daze you with heaven's finest.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 3:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
Uteh, Knorr gini? You wan make i faint in public? I'm farrrrrrrr too shy to do that o. Only God knows how i did my wedding sef. My eyes were on the ground when i was dancing, and I was sooooo glad when it was over...and that was in front of people I know! If i try the knorr thing, and am finally picked, na ambulance dem go use carry me comot for dia. it's one thing to cook in the privacy of your home, it's a whole different story when you're doing it in public.
i actually doff my hat for people who do it!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by clintbabe: 3:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
@Dreams u got me opening teeth dis afternoon,lmao @ fainting.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
Clintbabe, abeg open teeth very wide jare, wetin we dey using boning do na? LOL.

@all, new recipe up

http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/11/28/chicken-in-ginger-and-spring-onion-sauce-2/
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by iyatt: 7:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
@dreams thanks for the 30 day challenge i have really learnt a lot and veggies are now a big part of my meals
did i lose weight? yes even though im already lepa but i feel good
do i feel healthier? yes
you have really inspired me to the point that i was looking at all my birthday cakes but i didnt even feel like tasting or eating it:-)
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 10:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
Waow! Been so busy, thogh been eating real healthy, tank God for banana muffin and zuchini chickpea muffin, they av been so handy!

Ya, wil be back 2mao, guess I'm tru wt office for dis year, it's xmas time

Sweet dreams all
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by smiler(f): 7:16am On Nov 29, 2013
"Don't be afraid of the space (time) between your dreams and (its) reality. If you dream it, you can make it so" ~Belva Davis

"The world is round, the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning" ~IVY BAKER PRIEST

"Even if I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would plant my apple tree today" ~ Martin Luther (the reformer)

May you find fresh reasons not to give up on life today, its a beautiful day, its a good day, its a day of joy, its a new beginning. Remember its never over until it is over. God is on your side!

Good morning *hug*
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Alwaystrue(f): 8:52am On Nov 29, 2013
Luke 22:15-19
15 Jesus said, “I have been very eager to eat this Passover meal with you before my suffering begins.
16 For I tell you now that I won’t eat this meal again until its meaning is fulfilled in the Kingdom of God.”
17 Then he took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. Then he said, “Take this and share it among yourselves.
18 For I will not drink wine again until the Kingdom of God has come.”
19 He took some bread and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this to remember me.”

In continuation of our scripture yesterday, we see what is coined as the last supper in the above scripture where Christ gave the significance of His body and blood as he sipped with his disciples and they with Him.
Jesus was showing the true meaning of the manna and drink that the Israelites took in the wilderness but in this case the reality of it:

I Corinthians 10:3-4
3 All of them ate the same spiritual food, 4 and all of them drank the same spiritual water. For they drank from the spiritual rock that traveled with them, and that rock was Christ.

So just as the body and blood of Christ is the spiritual meal needed for the growth and development of our inner man, let us 'eat' the word of God remebering Christ.
Jesus is the Living Word of God.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 11:07am On Nov 29, 2013
Good morning dearies

@ Dreams, I'm set to start my pumpkin puree, do I peel it or steam and blend wt d skin?

Must make d beans browning today, my only delay is I'm suspecting dis new honey from d village o
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 11:34am On Nov 29, 2013
Twinnie, lmho at 'I'm suspecting honey'. Lolz. Shey there are tests, like not dissolving easily in water, match still lighting after being dipped in honey...I think?...
You can do it any way you like, I prefer pureeing with the skin sha.

AlwaysT, God bless your heart. For posting these messages everyday, may your heart's desires be met sooner than you expect.

Iyatt, LWKMD. Lepa Shandy, the next level is to carry T&T. Much sooner than you think.

Smiler, hugs!!!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by uteh: 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
@Dreams, YOU ARE THE BEST! I pounded the tigernut before blending and it came out well. Thanks for d bright idea. I gave dh to drink immediately, see him smiling from ear to ear. I added ginger to d remaining this morning. Thanks so much

Loll @ u fainting, but you dont seem to be a shy person na. Okay continue cooking for dh and LO now
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Alwaystrue(f): 1:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
Revelation 19:9
And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Yes o! Day 30 of the challenge is here. Thanks God for His faithfulness.
Our scripture today tells us that blessed are they who will receive IV to the marriage supper of the Lamb. All of us wey too like food, oya make you go purge yourself of all uncleanliness, put on your garment of righteousness in Jesus, live a fasted life and with rejoicing await this precious promise of a feast. Amen.

@Dreams, Amen dear. Thanks for putting a spark in our kitchens. We await kiddieskitchen with Zikora and Zulu as your test script while we cook out healthy meals for our children.
Greetings all and congrsts. Who will give us certificate of completion o.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mehn, cldnt do more dn d puree yesterday, d wahala plenty sha.

My dear dreams, I want to say a big tank you for dis fertility diet, amongst others, I learnt and enjoy d followings

1. I now have varieties of food to choose from, I can dazzle dh wt food

2.i now eat healthy food

3. Smoothie, fruit and veggie is now a must daily in my house

4. I eat enuf food ( not starving) and loose gradual weight without looking hagard

5. Most of d food I used to love (cake, fried plantain, fried chips etc) no longer appeal to me, I ll rather eat banana muffin dn eat cake, boil my unripe plantain(i hated it en) than fry my ripe soft plantain, drink my smoothie dn lick ice cream, buy boli(roasted plantain) while in traffic dn buy gala and soft drink
etc

6. Dh BP has normalised, he was on d verge of being hypertensive, he was giving d option of drug or lifestyle changes, we chose lifestyle changes and his doctor in Luth is so impressed he's using him as a case study, his BP is normal now to God's glory tru exercise and healthy eating

7. I usually toilet like twice a week but I toilet every morning now

8. It has shifted my obsession wt ttc and has given me a new thing to direct my energy on, it gives me great joy to cook for my dh's health improvement.

9. I am now spreading the good healthy eating news and it's helping others (I give recipes to neighbors)

10. Just dis money, dh gave me a 50 percent increase in my house maintainance allowance

11. As far as I'm concerned dis is d beggining of dis thread

So dreams and all, welldone, let's continue dis thread bringing different healthy recipes!

If Deema can, we can.

4 Likes

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by VENUSS(f): 2:16pm On Nov 30, 2013
[color=#006600]@twinsgirl ' all this cos of deema's recipes. Hmm! God be praised. Meanwhile did you take a pt this money(morning)? . Check no.10.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 6:35pm On Dec 01, 2013
Where is evribody o! Dreams, Lizzy et all! D house is getting cold o, let's not stop dis beautiful diet yet. Come back on board wt different recipes o

@venus, abi nau, I go wait small b4 I do d pt, just gimme 2 weeks more ehn
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 7:43am On Dec 02, 2013
Twinnie, we r here ooo. I love number 10 on your list. Money and I are best friends.grin

Life threw me an unexpected curveball over the weekend, but it is well. The person that said 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger' is/was absolutely correct!

@All, pls help suggest a new name for this thread, so I can PM CC to help change it. Thanxabunch.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

See Tomatoes Of #300 My Wife Bought / I Bought These Two Rams At 150k / 11 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.