Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,595 members, 7,921,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 09:07 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (459839 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 9:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
Imperiouxx,

Congrats on your successful MS completion. On to the next one.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 9:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
Let us all wish our able member and my brother from another mother, Ricky Rozay, a successful journey to the United States as he flies to Minnesota today and tomorrow.

We spoke on phone few minutes before his flight left and he was so excited at his travelling.

I told him not to go and act Osuofia in London part 2 at the airport o. grin grin

Safe journey Ricky Rozay!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by conyema12(m): 9:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
Amefrica:

Your school wicked shaaa. My school didn't say this rubbish. Go to the nearest post office

Bros I have been frequenting the post office like 2 times a day. Those guys are just lazy... if i call and request to speak with the SEVIS coordinator they will connect me to a voice mail, you can imagine. Who wants to speak to a machine when I need my I-20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by conyema12(m): 9:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
De Tus: @Conyema12, the letter should be like this: Hi again, it is quite unfortunate and totally uncalled for that I have not received my I-20 for couple of weeks now. I am totally disenchanted simply because I do not have time anymore. And I have not scheduled for my appointment yet. The US Embassy requires time for each applicant at its Embassy. Please do not let my dreams go in tatters. I need a new I-20 as soon as possible. Hope to join you guys soon.

I even have problem with them replying their mails.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 10, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 9:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
Conyema:

Which of the schools are you going exactly? When I asked here, you said University of Houston. On another thread, you said University of Texas, Arlington. I think you need to be consistent with your info bro. I have friends in both schools who can work straight to that Int'l students office and make enquiries or complain on your behalf. Heaven they say helps those who help themselves.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
mos4phy: Hello house, is it all schools in Nigeria that wes needs to re verify that is send back to the school after you send your transcript to them at first?? . I am afraid this will be time consuming as the deadlines for transfer admission for the most of the schools am applying to is March to April, and transcript is the only document setting me back cos of the strike, so if they call of the strike and I send my transcript to them and they have to re verify again, I think I might not meet up with the deadline. .
need answers please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by conyema12(m): 10:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
OjaP: Conyema:

Which of the schools are you going exactly? When I asked here, you said University of Houston. On another thread, you said University of Texas, Arlington. I think you need to be consistent with your info bro. I have friends in both schools who can work straight to that Int'l students office and make enquiries or complain on your behalf. Heaven they say helps those who help themselves.

Bros its Univ of houston, I choose it over Arlington. I applied to four schools altogether. I am ever consistent.
Abeg I am I need of your help baba.

This is what the SEVIS coordinator just replied to me now after I have mailed her and I informed her of my deadline :

Hello Conyema,

Thank you for your email.

Your I-20 has been issued and mailed out to you via USPS. According to USPS, the document will be delivered to you.

Best

name

SEVIS Coordinator

These people are so so funny.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by regby: 10:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
bigfrancis21: Let us all wish our able member and my brother from another mother, Ricky Rozay, a successful journey to the United States as he flies to Minnesota today and tomorrow.

We spoke on phone few minutes before his flight left and he was so excited at his travelling.

I told him not to go and act Osuofia in London part 2 at the airport o. grin grin

Safe journey Ricky Rozay!

Safe trip @ Ricky Rozay! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 10:41pm On Dec 10, 2013
Conyema:

Do you have a scanned copy of the I-20 sent to your email?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
Grail~Ivy:
Vo: what are u going to US to do?
Me: to study foodology @ the UG/MS level in uni of ......
Why the skul: because the skul curriculum is of high standard haba! This is no resemble am. Spice it up next time
Vo:how many skuls did u applied to?
Me:2
Vo: which one is the second one?
Me: cali state uni
Vo: which of the cali state uni because we have many?
Me: the one in cali city*confused#Damn! Cali aint a city it's a state bro
Vo: who is ur sponsor?
Me:my mum
Vo: what does she do?
Me: she owns a pharmaceutical company
Vo:can u tell me more about her company?
Me: its a pharmaceutical company where they produce drugs*confused*
spice this up
Vo:what do u plan to do when u come back?
Me: to work in my mum's company What's ur course?
Vo: I'm sorry bro na naija u go do ur Xmas no vex
Me: u dey craz sir

Lool. You funny shaa! You flopped a lot. What are you going to study?

Too many errors bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
Safe trip to my brother ricky rozay!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux: 10:51pm On Dec 10, 2013
Grail~Ivy:

Vo: I'm sorry bro na naija u go do ur Xmas no vex
Me: u dey craz sir

Brother, you got me cracked up with this..Lool
You shall get it at your next interview...God is your strength!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by scobbyy2k3: 11:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
[quote author=jaskinbo]I have re-apply again now...... But now am a little bit confused with some comments....some say my course (safety management)and my present job( marketing executive in an agro allied company) and my undergrad(agric econs)........the question now is Can I change my job status. Secondly about my dad job.....what can I add more to make it more lucrative?.....Thirdly was it bad that my wife is a doctor and not sponsoring me? Is it not good that my dad is sponsoring me?....
In the next interview...if VO asked for who is paying ticket again.....can I say myself and that my dad is paying my tuition and other expenses?

Please, what date of interview did you get when u reapplied and which dates are available
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by conyema12(m): 11:13pm On Dec 10, 2013
Ricky Rozzay enjoy ur trip to obama land.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by conyema12(m): 11:13pm On Dec 10, 2013
OjaP: Conyema:

Do you have a scanned copy of the I-20 sent to your email?

I yes i do bros , you have a mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by oyetpel(m): 11:31pm On Dec 10, 2013
Hi guys, please i have been denied visa before, but now i have another school's I-20. please how can i reset/change me SEVIS code to the new school. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by scobbyy2k3: 11:32pm On Dec 10, 2013
mos4phy: need answers please

This is how wes works, u send them ur official transcript, once they receive it, they send a copy of the transcript to the issuing institution for verification,this might take a month or more since they are sending by normal post(approx. 6weeks). Once your skul verifies it (depending on the skul ,so u might have to go to your skul regularly to have it verified in time) they send it back to wes.once wes receives the verification, it take anoda 7 to 9 working days to evaluate the result. To save time, use courier service.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by scobbyy2k3: 11:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
oyetpel: Hi guys, please i have been denied visa before, but now i have another school's I-20. please how can i reset/change me SEVIS code to the new school. Thanks

You can't,u pay anew sevis fee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
scobbyy2k3:

You can't,u pay anew sevis fee.

No!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 10, 2013
oyetpel: Hi guys, please i have been denied visa before, but now i have another school's I-20. please how can i reset/change me SEVIS code to the new school. Thanks

Go to www.fmjfee.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Obajamie: 11:42pm On Dec 10, 2013
Sup guys! sorry for the delay of sharing my interview experience. Got ma phone crashed after the interview and lost it 3 days after repair. well is all for good.
First, i want to say a big THANK YOU to Baba God for the grace he gave me in running this hot race, to all house members and to my Brodaz; BIGFRANCIS and RICKY. mehnnnn you guys are the best... Biggieeee, God bless u. i give it to u Boss...U were dia from the very begining till dis stage of flight booking and buying of tinx. grin

Got my visa approved on 2nd Dec at the Abuja consular. Not withstanding my 3 major loophole( 1-20 personal fund error, low Gre, and .....)

vo; Good morning sir

Oba; Gud morning ma'a

vo; pass me ur document plz

vo; y do u wanna study in the Us?

oba; coz US houses one of the best universities in the world....(she cuts in)

vo; uuuhhhhh..... which univ is this that is the best in the world... (looks at my i-20) y dis uni?

oba; coz it houses 0ne of the world's thickest deposit of rock from the permian geologic era

vo; hmmmmmm..... interesting

vo: so hw did u hear abt this school?

Oba: as an undergraduate geologist, i belonged to NAPE, which automatically qualifies me from receiving journals from AAPG, (she cuts in....wats AAPG..?) American Association of Petroleum Geologist.. so it was in one of their numerous journals dat i read of a topic from Prof Emily Mutis captioned ''Oil in my state and none in urs'' dat captivated me, i immediately emailed the Prof and he in turn sent me Scout smilley's email(director of admissions), i also checked the schools rating at studentreview.com and usnews.com

vo: hw many other schools did u apply in the US

Oba: 2..... University of Oklahoma (connocophillis sch of geosciences) and University of Arkansas

Vo: uuuuuuhhhhhhh dat boring school

Oba: i smiled

Vo: lemme see ur GRe score

Oba: gave it to her

Vo: ur Gre is low.... 285

Vo: lemme see ur transcript

Oba: gave it to her..

Vo: ur scores are good,,, so y did u score very low in Gre? i knw its a very hard exam

Oba: my tite schedule in the office never allowed me prepare for the exams.

Vo: U re working?

Oba: yes ma'a

vo: where do u work

Oba: xxxxxx oilfied services

Vo: so y are u leaving for the US?

Oba: coz, as a contract staff i dont have any job security and the employment rate is 90 percent MSc holders and 10 percent Bsc holders and most importantly the take home doesnt take me home

Vo: laughs........ you are Ibo?

Oba: yes ma'a ...with a huge smile and proud of ma tribe.

Vo: so hw much is your school fees?

Oba: i told her....(she said noooooo dats nt wats is here) i said noooo dats my tuition dat wat she looking at incoporates my housing, feeding tuition... in short its an estimation of wat am to spend in a year.

Vo: oooohhh i see, am sorry.

Vo: so who is sponsoring u?

Oba: my mum

Vo: what does she do for her to get dis kind of money?

Oba: she retired as a director from the Federal ministry of environment and now runs her own waste management company....the company is soley incharge of waste management in the oil city of xxxxxxx

Vo: can i see her BS?

Oba: sure... passed it over

Vo: so wat will u do upon completion of ur Msc?

Oba: i intend coming back to Nigeria to join my Mum's company as an environmental Geologist... so that my expertise will be of great value to the multinational with strict compliance to Health Safety and Environment.

Vo: so wat happens to ur running contract wit xxxxxx oilfield services dat is a knw and well respected multinational.

(na here e be)

Oba:Having acquired the basic knowledge in Petroleum geology and looking at the prospects ahead i belv that the bumper days for petroleum geologist will soon be over, looking looking at the rate of vandalization of our pipelines and massive oil theft, i belv joining my Mum company remains the best becoz, in 15-20 yrs to come.... oil production is gonna drop and environmental geologist will highly needed to remedy the already polluted environment. by then i will be smiling... its a long term project anyway.

Vo: Are u saying dat oil production in Nigeria will drop in the next 15-20 yrs?

Oba: capital YES

Vo: ur i-20, is as important as ur passport... make sure u go wit it coz it will be required at the POE. Ur passporty will be ready by wednesday, u failed a course in your yr 1...why?

Oba: yeah... as a fresher den, i saw some courses as cheap bt the proved odawise and i paid dearly for dem.

Vo: aiit enjoy ur stay in the US

Oba: thanks ma"a

mehnnn it was just God. once more... Thank u guys! God bless us all. Thanks thanks thanks

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
^^^
Congrats bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 12:03am On Dec 11, 2013
Congrats Obajamie, are you going to University of Texas, Permian Basin?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Obajamie: 12:08am On Dec 11, 2013
OjaP: Congrats Obajamie, are you going to University of Texas, Permian Basin?

Yes Boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 11, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 12:18am On Dec 11, 2013
♍Ɣ‎ sample interview answers for ♍Ɣ‎ upcoming interview.. Please help access it.
Me: goodmorning ma *smiles*
Vo: goodmoring pass me your documents
Me: ok, passes documents
Vo: why are you going to the us
Me: I A̶̲̥̅̊♍ going for ♍Ɣ‎ bsc degree in compter sci at UCO
Vo: why uco?
Me: the city where the school is located was ranked as the 7th safest city, the school prohibits smoking of tobacco by student, the tuition and fees are relativly affordable compared to other universities I encountered.
Vo: how did you find this school?
Me: through online research on USnews.com
Vo: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3. UCO, NJCU, TSU, *lie, I applied to just 1*
Vo: did you write standard test?
Me: yes, toelf 66 and pass document if asked
Vo: what will this course do for you?
Me: it will help provide skill to work in naija.
Vo: who is your sponsor?
Me: the company where I A̶̲̥̅̊♍ currently working is sponsoring me.
Vo: why are they sponsoRing you and what do they stand to benefit?
Me: I won the company's annual university scholaship, the company lacks computer experts, a deGree in the us will immensely help in developing the company in the technological world.
Pass bank statements if asked.
Vo:Do you have a relative in the US?
Me: an uncle
Vo: on youR i-20, it states family funds, how do you explain that?
Me: actually, ♍Ɣ‎ uncle here in nigeria runs the company, in order words, its a family company.
Vo: When did you finiSh high school?
Me: july 2010
Vo: what have you been doing since?
Me: I enrolled for practical computer training for 9months before I started working in the company as a computer operator.
Vo: desscribe the nature of the company.
Me: we are into, financial services, stock brooking, oil and gas services etc
Vo: what will you do after studies?
Me: I will enroll for masters if there are available funds but if there are none, I will return back to nigeria, do ♍Ɣ‎ nysc and resume back to ♍Ɣ‎ company.
Vo: Have you travelled before?
Me: not really, I have not had any reason to until now.
Vo: okay. Pick up your visa on .....
Gurus in the house please how do you see this preparation? Please I need suggestions and comments, and if you will like to interview me.. Please message me thanks..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 11, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 12:34am On Dec 11, 2013
Obajamie,

On a lighter mood, the only probable cause of decrease in production in the Niger Delta in the next 10 years would be militancy. I don't foresee a decline in production even in the next 20 years. Though, oil and gas are non-renewable, geologists will keep studying these reservoirs, identify by-passed zones, and also make new discoveries. The engineers will use advanced techniques in bringing these hydrocarbons to the surface in an environment-friendly and cost-efficient way. In a world where a source rock can be "fracked", and turned into a reservoir rock, anything is possible.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 12:46am On Dec 11, 2013
domex:

Thank your stars that you posted your sample answers before going for the interview. There are a lot of flaws in your responses.

- Tobacco smoking is not a SIN here. Pastors here smoke because of the cold weather.

- Your TOEL score is low, you can't brag about that. Just say you wrote the TOEFL and wait till he asks to see it.

- I don't think the course will provide job for you in Naija when there are a lot of IT gurus with masters, PhD and bad certifications.

- No company will sponsor you for a BS because they lack computer experts (an exception is if you are going for an advanced degree). There are many foreign graduates begging for jobs in Nigeria. Most companies also have capable hands they can send around the world for one or two weeks intensive training. Also,you are contradicting yourself by saying you plan on staying for your masters when you earlier said you are coming back home because your uncle's company is sponsoring you? Be consistent.

- You graduated high school in 2010, and you started work as a computer operator. That doesn't sound convincing. Does this mean that your uncle denied you education for 3 years so you can serve him? You need to bridge the gap between 2010 and 2013 with a more convincing "story". I hope other members here can help with what to say you've been doing within those years.

- Do you have any relatives in the US? NO

You are a STEM major and I don't want you to miss your chance of studying in the US. Stay on this thread and be aggressive with your enquiries, I see a bright future. All the best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.