Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,626 members, 7,921,339 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 11:19 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (459844 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
dolapobello1:

I planned to transfer at the time, and I actually got admission (West Virginia University) but I didn't get as much scholarship as I was hoping for so I had to stay back and complete my Naija B.Sc.
yeah, it's really hard to get aids or scholarship for international transfer students, that's the obstacle I hope to overcome. I really don't want to complete bsc here. I pray everything goes to plan sha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 5:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
scobbyy2k3:

You can't,u pay anew sevis fee.

Please be careful with the type of wrong information you give out here. If you don't know the answer to a particular question, you ignore it rather than answer what you don't know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 5:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
oyetpel: Hi guys, please i have been denied visa before, but now i have another school's I-20. please how can i reset/change me SEVIS code to the new school. Thanks

Please, you're not paying another visa fee. You'll still use that payment. Follow my instructions carefully. You'll send an email to SEVP, with email subject: 'TRANSFER OF SEVIS FEE PAYMENT'. You'll write to them telling them you paid your sevis fee before using another I20 and now you have a fresh I20 from another school and you wish to have your $200 payment transfered from the former old sevis ID to the new one. And that you haven't obtained the US F1 visa before neither have you applied for entry at the US port of entry and hence you're eligible to apply for a transfer.

You'll then move to a new paragraph and write out your details - name, date of birth, old sevis number, new sevis number, current valid address etc.

They'll reply you in 1 hour telling you your request has been processed. That you should proceed back to the site to print your new sevis receipt. You must send the email within usual working hours of 8am to 4pm US time(subtract 5 hours from our time to gauge their time) if you want them to process it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 5:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
domex007: Yeah, but I have to backup everything I say with documents, I don't have the document for ccna.. If the VO ask for certificate, ♍Ɣ‎ own don finish be that

They don't even need to ask for documents before they pick lies. It's a matter of them asking you simple questions about routers, switches, hubs, bridges, VoIP and IPv6 configurations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 5:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
Their email is:
fmjfee.SEVIS@ice.DHS.gov

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
mos4phy: yeah, it's really hard to get aids or scholarship for international transfer students, that's the obstacle I hope to overcome. I really don't want to complete bsc here. I pray everything goes to plan sha

While it may be challenging, I believe that with proper research, it is possible to find schools that offer large sums in aid.

In my case, I wasn't particularly keen on going anywhere at the time. An alumnus of the school initiated the idea and facilitated the transfer process. My only active involvement was in sending my WAEC results, and transcript. And even those were scanned copies. Lol. I couldn't be bothered to post anything.

Goodluck with Securing admissions and Funding, fellow Akokite (or is it almost-akokite grin)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 7:06pm On Dec 11, 2013
Offcourse I wrote jamb twice but wasn't admitted was thinking of taking it again before ♍Ɣ‎ uncle told me about uco, then I looked it up and gained admission.

He doesn't have a personal bank, since he is the CEO he doesn't earn salary, he spend from the company's fund

About breaching the gap, after high school, I went for computer training for 9 months before I lost ♍Ɣ‎ dad in 2011 and was also trying admission into unilag but didn't get through. Eventually, ♍Ɣ‎ uncle came up with the idea of school abroad after seeing I could get admission in nigeria and also assu and their whahala will defenitely affect me.

I didn't mention the death of ♍Ɣ‎ dad because it will make me emotional and the VO may think I A̶̲̥̅̊♍ suffering and decides that I A̶̲̥̅̊♍ an immigrant then refuse me visa.

OjaP: Domex:

There is much improvement from your last post. So, let's look at your points from this angle too.

- Why does your uncle have to wait for 3 years for him to realize you are hardworking and with a good WAEC results? If he is truly your uncle, he should be able to sponsor you unconditionally. I don't know if this is just the way I think or something, what would a company gain in spending thousands of dollars on a computer operator?

- Your I-20 read family funds, why bring up company sponsorship? Be consistent.

- Do you have any relatives in the US? NO. The US embassy only care about your immediate family members - your parents and siblings.

- You still need to work on the gap between when you wrote the WAEC and now. If you need help from members here, you have to be truthful and let us know what you have been doing since. I don't think any Nigerian with a rich uncle would choose not to write JAMB and instead work as a computer operator for 3 years. You need to come out straight, only then can we come up with a better and convincing "story" for you.

- Finally, is it possible for you to postpone your interview and take time to write the SAT? There are many red flags in your case and I believe you showing the V.O your SAT result will clear some doubts about you and portray you as a serious student.

Thank you for being proactive.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Obajamie: 7:21pm On Dec 11, 2013
OjaP: Obajamie,

On a lighter mood, the only probable cause of decrease in production in the Niger Delta in the next 10 years would be militancy. I don't foresee a decline in production even in the next 20 years. Though, oil and gas are non-renewable, geologists will keep studying these reservoirs, identify by-passed zones, and also make new discoveries. The engineers will use advanced techniques in bringing these hydrocarbons to the surface in an environment-friendly and cost-efficient way. In a world where a source rock can be "fracked", and turned into a reservoir rock, anything is possible.

Exactly!!! i only used that as a cover up since i choose joining Mumsie company grin Am actually going for Petroleum ooooo. who no lik better thing. Talk more of already made one. will really need get in touch wit u for some materials.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by oyetpel(m): 7:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
bigfrancis21: Their email is:
fmjfee.SEVIS@ice.DHS.gov

Thanks Biggie.
R u dat big guy in ur profile? hmm yankee things, yankee background...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Obieem: 7:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
A friend is planning applying for a tourist visa by Jan. Her sis in the states is about to put to bed, so she wants to use that opportunity to visit. Please I want to know what are her likely chances, would she be considered for the visa considering she is still young,and nt going for business and she is not working. Please the gurus in the hauz help.
What are the likely questions for interview.
NB: her sis is nt a citizen, she just went to US for a 6 months visa, so she could deliver
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by scobbyy2k3: 7:47pm On Dec 11, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Please be careful with the type of wrong information you give out here. If you don't know the answer to a particular question, you ignore it rather than answer what you don't know.

Your sevis fee is only valid for a particular course of study. So tell me how I am wrong
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 8:10pm On Dec 11, 2013
scobbyy2k3:

Your sevis fee is only valid for a particular course of study. So tell me how I am wrong

bro it's not, payment can be transfered to another school. Sorry but u r wrong. U might wanna confirm elsewhere.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 8:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
scobbyy2k3:

We are here to help one another, it is better we keep mute to questions we do not know the answers instead of giving out false answers. I transferred my sevis fee last week and it was approved. My initial school was a comm. college and course was aviation mgt, i got admission to a university (health sci) as i am typing this message i have my sevis fee transferred to my new sevis id.

sevis fee is valid for one year and is transferable irrespective of the course.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by technolee(m): 9:08pm On Dec 11, 2013
scobbyy2k3:

When Francis speaks, you don't doubt it. You are very wrong. Take the feedback or leave it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 10:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
Tochium:

We are here to help one another, it is better we keep mute to questions we do not know the answers instead of giving out false answers. I transferred my sevis fee last week and it was approved. My initial school was a comm. college and course was aviation mgt, i got admission to a university (health sci) as i am typing this message i have my sevis fee transferred to my new sevis id.

sevis fee is valid for one year and is transferable irrespective of the course.

Sweet! Living witness.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
dolapobello1:

While it may be challenging, I believe that with proper research, it is possible to find schools that offer large sums in aid.

In my case, I wasn't particularly keen on going anywhere at the time. An alumnus of the school initiated the idea and facilitated the transfer process. My only active involvement was in sending my WAEC results, and transcript. And even those were scanned copies. Lol. I couldn't be bothered to post anything.

Goodluck with Securing admissions and Funding, fellow Akokite (or is it almost-akokite grin)
Lol, thanks for the encouragement anyways
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 11, 2013
Ms Nas:
And what if he is asked for his CCNA certification nko? People that just got out of secondary school and do not have prior computing history do not dabble into CCNA. The VOs are not dumb.

Hmmmm

OK!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
domex007: I did practical computer training in microsoft word corel draw power point and photoshop. What's the full meaning of ccna?

Ms Nas has answered your question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Seconded!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 11:28pm On Dec 11, 2013
Domex:

- You can't get admission in Nigeria? Obviously, your uncle is rich, why can't he send you to a private university or a UK University? Why must he let you work for him for 3 years before coming up with the idea of schooling in the US? This doesn't just add up.

- Forget the computer training story, the embassy is tired of hearing that. Oracle, Microsoft, Cisco, and Juniper certifications would have been best but you don't have any of that unfortunately.

- You can use your uncle's company account. All he needs is for his bank to confirm that he is the sole signatory to that account. He may also explain that in his affidavit of support letter. That said, please forget about the sponsorship story and all the "scopes" attached to it.

- I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your father. However, what you think would be emotional could turn out to be a blessing in disguise for you. How about you tell the V.O that your uncle has been your guardian since your father passed away. Don't you think that makes more sense? You also telling the V.O you have an uncle in the US will make you more of a potential immigrant rather than him thinking you are suffering.

- Last, can you please write the SAT?

@ Imperiouxx, BigFrancis, Amefrica, Walspring, Ms Nas, De Tus et. al, can you all help this guy with what to say to cover the gap from 2010 to 2013 please? I can see his eagerness in breaking even, and he needs you guys help in doing that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
OjaP: @ Imperiouxx, BigFrancis, Amefrica, Walspring, Ms Nas, De Tus et. al, can you all please help this guy with what to say to cover the gap from 2010 to 2013 please? I can see his eagerness to break even, and he needs you guys help in doing that.

I've actually ran out of ideas.

Bigfrancis will surely do, he's good in that aspect.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 11:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
Obajamie:

Exactly!!! i only used that as a cover up since i choose joining Mumsie company grin Am actually going for Petroleum ooooo. who no lik better thing. Talk more of already made one. will really need get in touch wit u for some materials.

Permian Basin geology is interesting, I am sure you will have a nice time studying at UTPB. A Nigerian friend just graduated from there, you may know her if you graduated with your B.Tech from FUTA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by oyetpel(m): 12:04am On Dec 12, 2013
scobbyy2k3:

I only change school not course of study, read well...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 12:08am On Dec 12, 2013
♍Ɣ‎ head is going to explode oo, but not withstanding, God knows best, I trust HIM, I A̶̲̥̅̊♍ tired as it is now, I will just go and let God's will be done not the VOs'.. Thanks S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴͡ much for all your help

OjaP: Domex:

- You can't get admission in Nigeria? Obviously, your uncle is rich, why can't he send you to a private university or a UK University? Why must he let you work for him for 3 years before coming up with the idea of schooling in the US? This doesn't just add up.

- Forget the computer training story, the embassy is tired of hearing that. Oracle, Microsoft, Cisco, and Juniper certifications would have been best but you don't have any of that unfortunately.

- You can use your uncle's company account. All he needs is for his bank to confirm that he is the sole signatory to that account. He may also explain that in his affidavit of support letter. That said, please forget about the sponsorship story and all the "scopes" attached to it.

- I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your father. However, what you think would be emotional could turn out to be a blessing in disguise for you. How about you tell the V.O that your uncle has been your guardian since your father passed away. Don't you think that makes more sense? You also telling the V.O you have an uncle in the US will make you more of a potential immigrant rather than him thinking you are suffering.

- Last, can you please write the SAT?

@ Imperiouxx, BigFrancis, Amefrica, Walspring, Ms Nas, De Tus et. al, can you all help this guy with what to say to cover the gap from 2010 to 2013 please? I can see his eagerness in breaking even, and he needs you guys help in doing that.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 12:12am On Dec 12, 2013
@Ojap, but you are too inqusitive ooo, the VO will not even look at it from your perspective..
If you were an american VO, you will denial almost everybody visas.. Lool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaskinbo: 12:14am On Dec 12, 2013
Hello my people.....I was denied on Monday and I got a new date on Friday now...I want to ask if I should book for it..,pls urgent reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 12, 2013
jaskinbo: Hello my people.....I was denied on Monday and I got a new date on Friday now...I want to ask if I should book for it..,pls urgent reply

WTF? Just 4 days difference, it's unlikely you'd get it. Tho' I've seen 2 weeks but not just 4 days.

Don't book it bro, you'll end up being a desperado at the counter.

My $1
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 12:26am On Dec 12, 2013
Amefrica:

WTF? Just 4 days difference, it's unlikely you'd get it. Tho' I've seen 2 weeks but not just 4 days.

Don't book it bro, you'll end up being a desperado at the counter.

My $1

He can get it. But what has changed in his last application?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 12:28am On Dec 12, 2013
domex007: @Ojap, but you are too inqusitive ooo, the VO will not even look at it from your perspective..
If you were an american VO, you will denial almost everybody visas.. Lool

My wish is for you to get the VISA and I pray you meet a very nice and GOD-SENT V.O that will overlook all the red flags. If otherwise, I warned you.

I wish you all the best bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 12, 2013
OjaP:

He can get it. But what has changed in his last application?

I didn't say it's impossible or he can't get it. But, what can change from Monday to Friday apart from his dressing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 12:34am On Dec 12, 2013
Amefrica:

I didn't say it's impossible or he can't get it. But, what can change from Monday to Friday apart him from his dressing?

Confidence, posture, and more reasonable answers to the questions are just a few. It happened to me Amefrica.

E.g,
Ist attempt,
V.O: Why didn't you write the GRE.
Answer: The school waived it for me.
V.O: Sorry bla bla bla....

2nd attempt;
V.O: Why didn't you write the GRE?
Answer: I graduated with an impressive GPA and have worked 3years in my field and had also written 2 research papers in the field of computer science. The school waived it for me because of these achievements.
V.O: Pick up your visa.

Can you spot the difference?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaskinbo: 12:34am On Dec 12, 2013
Nothing have changed from my last application but only that people here told me that I should put my dad job in a. More lucrative way when asked next

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.