Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,502 members, 7,978,666 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 12:11 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (462257 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 12:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
guys, my online application form is asking "are you applying for a visa with dependents? - yes or no" i really don't get the question, biko!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 12:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
@Graviton
Bro, do u have a wife or kids ?

If not ur answer shld be *no*

dependants are those u take care off. . . .

Bro i tot u said ure goin to penn state too, hw far ur runs na ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
scobbyy2k3:

When u send ur transcript to wes, use a courier service, its faster, nipost will take 8-10 working days, wes will reply for the transcript to be verified that will take about six weeks to get here since they use regular mail to send it. When unilag has verified the transcript , and are about to send. Make use of a courier service also.
dolapobello1:

You don't have to sign anything. Just apply normally and put your intended graduation date. It's actually very straightforward. I appplied for my transcript when I was in 300 level too.
dolapobello1:

Oga, why you dey wash Unilag like this na? The records office is always open. just apply for the transcript (2,500) and they'll process it in like 2weeks. I've already applied for mine and i got it so what's the stress?
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR WAKING ME UP FROM MY SLUMBER, I actually believed a friend that told me otherwise plus my own reasoning sha. Oh God, I've wasted so much time waiting for the strike when I should have collected it since and start waiting for wes own. i pray I don't pay for this. Deadlines are March 1 to April for most of the schools I'm applying to for transfer . I would GO TO SCHOOL NEXT WEEK MONDAY TO START TRANSCRIPT APPLICATION IF YOU ARE RIGHT , I pray I meet deadline oh this one that I'm hearing 6weeks for wes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 1:08pm On Dec 11, 2013
nomso27: @Graviton
Bro, do u have a wife or kids ?

If not ur answer shld be *no*

dependants are those u take care off. . . .

Bro i tot u said ure goin to penn state too, hw far ur runs na ?
Wife nke onye?! Children nke ndi ole?!, i nearly answered "yes". thanks, jare...

yeah, i'm indeed applying to a university in penn state #FingersCrossed...if you don't mind my asking, are you igbo?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 1:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
♍Ɣ‎ sample interview answers for ♍Ɣ‎ upcoming interview.. Please help access it.
Me: goodmorning ma *smiles*
Vo: goodmoring pass me your documents
Me: ok, passes documents
Vo: why are you going to the us
Me: I A̶̲̥̅̊♍ going for ♍Ɣ‎ bsc degree in compter sci at UCO
Vo: why uco?
Me: the city where the school is located was ranked as the 7th safest city the school was also ranked as having some expertise in ♍Ɣ‎ course, the tuition and fees are relativly affordable compared to other universities I encountered.
Vo: how did you find this school?
Me: through online research on USnews.com
Vo: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3. UCO, NJCU, TSU, *lie, I applied to just 1*
Vo: did you write standard test?
Me: yes, toelf and pass document if asked
Vo: what will this course do for you?
Me: it will help advance ♍Ɣ‎ career in the computer field as it has always been ♍Ɣ‎ childhood dream to be a computer scientist
Vo: who is your sponsor?
Me: the company where I A̶̲̥̅̊♍ currently working is sponsoring me.
Vo: why are they sponsoRing you and what do they stand to benefit?
Me: I won the company's annual university scholaship, they also looked at ♍Ɣ‎ waec result and commitment to the company before awarding me scholarship
Pass bank statements if asked.
Vo:Do you have a relative in the US?
Me: yes
Vo: on youR i-20, it states family funds, how do you explain that?
Me: actually, ♍Ɣ‎ uncle here in nigeria runs the company, in order words, its a family company.
Vo: When did you finiSh high school?
Me: july 2010
Vo: what have you been doing since?
Me: I enrolled for practical computer training for 9months before I started working in the company as a computer operator. *i don't have any other reason to fill the gap*
Vo: desscribe the nature of the company.
Me: we are into, financial services, stock brooking, oil and gas services etc
Vo: what will you do after studies?
Me: I will return back to nigeria, do ♍Ɣ‎ nysc and resume back to ♍Ɣ‎ company.
Vo: Have you travelled before?
Me: not really, I have not had any reason to until now.
Vo: okay. Pick up your visa on .....
This is all I got, I need comments please
Gurus in the house please how do you see this preparation? Please I need suggestions and comments, and if you will like to interview me.. Please message me thanks..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 1:18pm On Dec 11, 2013
Graviton: Wife nke onye?! Children nke ndi ole?!, i nearly answered "yes". thanks, jare...

yeah, i'm indeed applying to a university in penn state #FingersCrossed...if you don't mind my asking, are you igbo?

gbam! Abu m onye igbo konfirm. Nwanne olee way ?

Hehe na bad tin to marry with kids.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by castrogee(m): 1:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
Dear nairalanders,
I urgently need a help; I want to write gre on the 23rd of this month in ghana or cotonou please does anyone in the house know where I can write this exam in ghana or cotonou.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 11, 2013
Domex, your I sample got me cracking up. It's OK but why not find something more to fill the gap? How about CCNA?

Ur sample looks good. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 2:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
Sweet! Thanks man. But what is CCNA?
Amefrica: Domex, your I sample got me cracking up. It's OK but why not find something more to fill the gap? How about CCNA?

Ur sample looks good. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 2:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
nomso27:

gbam! Abu m onye igbo konfirm. Nwanne olee way ?

Hehe na bad tin to marry with kids.

nwanne, nothing mega!!

He he he. No be bad thing per se, na just say time never reach. na dis kind thing dey put sand-sand for person well-soaked garri
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
domex007: Sweet! Thanks man. But what is CCNA?

But you said you are a computer network operator. Anyway, it's a computer certification.

Add the student faculty ratio is very low, which allows students to discover and exploit new possibilities, and the 17:1 student faculty ratio helps in personal attention. to 'why this school.

Goodluck!'
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by maxwellsmith: 2:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
U na wey dey use Grail dey laff e no good ooo Na why some ppl no dey post their own denial story 4 here because of the way u na dey use dem laugh @times.... My cousin own worse pass Grail~Ivy own sef because he don take like 2 black bottles on that day and they gave him visa and according to him he was just saying rubbish and the VO dey laff..... U can imagine the boy no remember the skul wey him dey go again na the VO check his I-20 to remind him(power of GOD)....... We all need the grace of GOD in everytin we are doing in life and luck.....

@Grail~Ivy GOD dey ur side no worry bro u will get ur visa on ur next interview by GOD's grace..... Remove that ur denial story to avoid these ppl making mocking u..... Goodluck next time bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
^^^
grin Bro, no cause commotion oo. The interview was funny, no one mocked him @ least I corrected some of his mistakes.. The place that got me laffin hard was "the one in cali city".
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by virgindesy(m): 2:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
my surest ogas, ow dey go dey go. Am sorry to ask the question again, cos i once see the link before and have been searchin for it again, couldnt find it. Please i need universities that offer master programe for HND hold. Abeg it is very urgent. GOD go bless u all oooo......tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 11, 2013
virgindesy: my surest ogas, ow dey go dey go. Am sorry to ask the question again, cos i once see the link before and have been searchin for it again, couldnt find it. Please i need universities that offer master programe for HND hold. Abeg it is very urgent. GOD go bless u all oooo......tnx

Email your desired schools if they do accept.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
scobbyy2k3:

When u send ur transcript to wes, use a courier service, its faster, nipost will take 8-10 working days, wes will reply for the transcript to be verified that will take about six weeks to get here since they use regular mail to send it. When unilag has verified the transcript , and are about to send. Make use of a courier service also.

Bold is not so true.

Sending through courier services 3 days.

WES sending back through USPS 2-3 weeks.

School replying verification request (by email) 1 day.

The issue is how long it takes the school to go get their mails from their PO Box and the time taken for them to treat all requests addressed to the exams and records.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by maxwellsmith: 3:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
Nice one bro....... Goodluck
Grail~Ivy:
Lol.... Thank u bro but its a normal thing na Ppl must laff because even mesef dey laff wen I comot choi I spent 10mins inside car laughing because I didn't prepare @all I was in one bar like that in lekki flexin and drinkin away my sorrow the night I was suppose to be preparing maybe because I didn't take it serious sha but this next one mehn na red eye I go carry enter oooo...... Laffin in Spanish
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
dolapobello1:

You don't have to sign anything. Just apply normally and put your intended graduation date. It's actually very straightforward. I appplied for my transcript when I was in 300 level too.
@dolapobello1, did you transfer too or try to transfer, if you don't mind me asking
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
maxwellsmith: U na wey dey use Grail dey laff e no good ooo Na why some ppl no dey post their own denial story 4 here because of the way u na dey use dem laugh @times.... My cousin own worse pass Grail~Ivy own sef because he don take like 2 black bottles on that day and they gave him visa and according to him he was just saying rubbish and the VO dey laff..... U can imagine the boy no remember the skul wey him dey go again na the VO check his I-20 to remind him(power of GOD)....... We all need the grace of GOD in everytin we are doing in life and luck.....

@Grail~Ivy GOD dey ur side no worry bro u will get ur visa on ur next interview by GOD's grace..... Remove that ur denial story to avoid these ppl making mocking u..... Goodluck next time bro

You attached too much emotions to your post.

If he removes it, then how would he be helped? God won't come down to do it but will send someone to see the post and drop advise. I guess this is your second comment here, so how do you know that the reason why some don't post denial story here is because they will mock them.

We get equal of both stories.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 3:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
Graviton: nwanne, nothing mega!!

He he he. No be bad thing per se, na just say time never reach. na dis kind thing dey put sand-sand for person well-soaked garri

true talk.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

You attached too much emotion to your post.

If he removes it, then how would he be helped? God won't come down to do it but will send someone to see the post and drop advise. I guess this is your second comment here, so how do you know that the reason why some don't post denial story here is because they will mock them. We get equal of both stories.

I tire oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 4:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
Amefrica:

But you said you are a computer network operator. Anyway, it's a computer certification.

Add the student faculty ratio is very low, which allows students to discover and exploit new possibilities, and the 17:1 student faculty ratio helps in personal attention. to 'why this school.

Goodluck!'
And what if he is asked for his CCNA certification nko? People that just got out of secondary school and do not have prior computing history do not dabble into CCNA. The VOs are not dumb.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 4:47pm On Dec 11, 2013
I did practical computer training in microsoft word corel draw power point and photoshop. What's the full meaning of ccna?
Amefrica:

Goodluck!'
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
OjaP I see you.. grin grin Wetin you dey find for here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 4:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
domex007: I did practical computer training in microsoft word corel draw power point and photoshop. What's the full meaning of ccna?
Cisco Certified Network Associate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 5:02pm On Dec 11, 2013
Yeah, but I have to backup everything I say with documents, I don't have the document for ccna.. If the VO ask for certificate, ♍Ɣ‎ own don finish be that
Ms Nas:
Cisco Certified Network Associate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 5:04pm On Dec 11, 2013
Domex:

There is much improvement from your last post. So, let's look at your points from this angle too.

- Why does your uncle have to wait for 3 years for him to realize you are hardworking and with a good WAEC results? If he is truly your uncle, he should be able to sponsor you unconditionally. I don't know if this is just the way I think or something, what would a company gain in spending thousands of dollars on a computer operator?

- Your I-20 read family funds, why bring up company sponsorship? Be consistent.

- Do you have any relatives in the US? NO. The US embassy only care about your immediate family members - your parents and siblings.

- You still need to work on the gap between when you wrote the WAEC and now. If you need help from members here, you have to be truthful and let us know what you have been doing since. I don't think any Nigerian with a rich uncle would choose not to write JAMB and instead work as a computer operator for 3 years. You need to come out straight, only then can we come up with a better and convincing "story" for you.

- Finally, is it possible for you to postpone your interview and take time to write the SAT? There are many red flags in your case and I believe you showing the V.O your SAT result will clear some doubts about you and portray you as a serious student.

Thank you for being proactive.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 11, 2013
mos4phy: @dolapobello1, did you transfer too or try to transfer, if you don't mind me asking

I planned to transfer at the time, and I actually got admission (West Virginia University) but I didn't get as much scholarship as I was hoping for so I had to stay back and complete my Naija B.Sc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 5:06pm On Dec 11, 2013
Ms Nas: OjaP I see you.. grin grin Wetin you dey find for here?

Are you stalking me?

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (501)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.