Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,626 members, 7,921,339 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 11:21 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (459846 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by blessedfavoured: 6:20pm On Jan 07, 2014
my sis intvw transcript: Lagos Embassy 8 30 am
i've been a silent follower of this thread for ages.. and i made her read about ten interview transcript on nairaland yesterday.
she's 17 going for undergraduate

vo: morning
her: morning
vo: i see you are going to university of ....
her: yes
vo; to study
her: mol biology and physio
vo; how many schools did u apply to
her: do u mean in general or just in the us
vo: im only interested in the us
her: 4 schools named them different states
vo: why mol biology
her: i hope to work in the med field as a neurophysiologist in the future
vo: oh wow neurophysiology good. when did u finish high school?
her: july 2013
vo: what have u been doing since
her: i took the sats and toefl
vo; oh great pass ur sat score card stared at it for a long time... where do ur parents live?
her: my dad lives here inlagos nigeria and my mum in the us
vo: oh where in the us does ur mum live?
her: different state from where her school is infact very far
vo: who's paying for ur education
her: my dad
vo: what does he do?
her: said it
vo: pick up ur visa at bla bla bla... and then she said [b]be good and stay in schoo[/b]l shocked
her: smile thank you have a great day

it was a miracle in short.. my mum lives there.. we were refused a visiting visa to the us in 2011 but we never even bothered to try again but did other trips. we were actually expecting a refusal tbh with my mum being there and the first refusal even though we had good travel history.
and she wrote it in that refusal box that she feels she was refused the last time because her mum lives in the us.
it was God in short

oh i forgot to add she said it was one Vietnamese/chinese woman in window 5 that interviewed her and she refused like 6 people before her.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by blessedfavoured: 6:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
please guys where's the best place to get the mmr immunization done or an immune titre test??

also her passport expires June next year.. does she have to renew before she travels i read she needs 6 months validity from the dAate she intends to live the us? but she might be travelling on friday as lectures start 13th.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
blessedfavoured: please guys where's the best place to get the mmr immunization done or an immune titre test??

also her passport expires June next year.. does she have to renew before she travels i read she needs 6 months validity from the dAate she intends to live the us? but she might be travelling on friday as lectures start 13th.
Thanks

Congrats to ur sis!

She can go to any clinic to get all medics done. As long as she's in school and av a valid n up-to-date I20, she doesn't need to renew her passport.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
Amefrica:

Congrats to ur sis!

She can go to any clinic to get all medics done. As long as she's in school and av a valid n up-to-date I20, she doesn't need to renew her passport.
Amefrica reply my mail..You've got an unread mail..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 07, 2014
Wow cheesy So simple and straight forward. Congrats to ur sis.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2014
stevecrun: Amefrica reply my mail..You've got an unread mail..

Sorry bro!

I read it not long ago, I've replied you tho. Check ur mail!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 6:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
blessedfavoured: please guys where's the best place to get the mmr immunization done or an immune titre test??

Thanks

You can do it at any general hospital or federal medical centre in your area.

Do you mean the passport expire june 2015?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by blessedfavoured: 7:02pm On Jan 07, 2014
Walspring:

You can do it at any general hospital or federal medical centre in your area.

Do you mean the passport expire june 2015?

sorry i meant june 2014
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 07, 2014
@blessedfavored, i think she definitely needs to renew her passport but if she has enough money to do other medical tests abroad and the expire date on her passport is probably 20 something, i think she can leave on the 13th coz then it's over 6 months.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by blessedfavoured: 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2014
@de tus thanks!
yes its june 24th or 25th and she's even supposed to travel on friday the 10th which is her orientation day..

just to be sure : she can travel on friday and not have any issues regarding passport validity at the poe or problems with being legal while in the us?

@walspring and @amefrica thanks for your help will check those out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 7:21pm On Jan 07, 2014
blessedfavoured:

sorry i meant june 2014

let her defer til fall and renew her passport cos her passport is not up to six month validity anymore cos POE immigration might act funny and she might have issue cos of that at POE and it will be painful if she is being ask to go back to Nigeria after spending money to fly down to Obamaland.

You can pm if you dont understand what am trying to say! Anyway its just my own opinion and advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
@blessedfavored, she's absolutely free to travel on that date coz June 25th is over 6 months but coz she's still young, i think the best option is to renew the passport for her before saying good bye to Nigeria cheesy so that those criminals at "naija poe"airport would disturb her cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Babalola1990: 8:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
I couldn't put off the mischievous smile on me as the day break and I saw the seriousness on pple's faces. I thought, this aint a do or die affair, with less trembling and trepidation, I managed to go through d protocols while having a merry chat with emergency friend next to me!! Apologies for d preface, the long epistle goes thus::
VO: where are u going in the US?
Me: - Minot state university in North dakota
VO: why MSU?
ME: - well... The skool as one of premiere university in d great plain has tailored there educational system to accommodate a low student to faculty ratio of 14:1, this in-turn will enhance hands on learning nd surely depicts there commitment to individual student success. In addition, all students pay same in-state tuition and that will be quite affordable for my dad and I also got an invitation into the school's honors program which I count it a great privilege. ..
VO: hmmm. Okay..(Only God knows what she was looking for on the system)
VO: your dad is paying?
ME: - yes.
VO: what does he do?
ME: - Professionally, he's a chartered accountant currently working as d director of finance at somtin state govt ministry ..and also a business man wit investment in education, housing and water production.
VO:.. Okay. Wen did u graduated from high school?
ME: 2004...( See gobe..!!.. Head started spinning for the next likely question)
VO: so ure going to study biology.. Why?
ME: - I will be studying biology wit sub-specialty in medical laboratory science. .. During my clinical rotation years I found out most of patients mortality were traced to inaccurate ...(VO cuts In)!
VO: (and the question now came): so wat av u been doin since 2004?
ME: - went for predegree in 2005/2006.. Entered nursing skool in 2007, a decision exclusively made by my mon wu is a nurse anaesthetist, aldo I have no regret cos dat was where I got to determin wat I wanted to do, I worked as a phlebotomist for 6 month ..( VO cuts in,)
VO:: -pls spell d phlebotomist.. (she sharply google am)..
ME:: (I continued my bobo period).. I wanted to start applying then but I had to stay bak because my dad was calld fr an international duty in d UK. I was saddled with the responsibility of looking d businesses as his next of kin and signatory to his account.
VO:: okay...ur skool resumes in 2 days,, how.. (me too cut in):
ME::- Yes... I've got an extension till monday ( handed her d email printout) and I tot it wld be wise to book a flight. So I got a reservation for friday. (She didn't boda to ask)
VO:: okay, ur visa is approved. Pick it up on friday.
ME:: Thank you! (Some risus sardonicus smile)

It was a long one, God did it all!! I think I can conclude that US visa interview is quite easy.. Its like an exam which d possible questions are already known! Its left to the student to fashion out the best hard knock answers (weda na true or lie) with supporting documents and that will make the difference!!! She didn't even ask for SOA or SAT!...preparation matters a lot! If one is well prepared, there will be no need for tongue sealing fretting! .. I eavesdropped an interview..
VO: why did u chose the skool?
Student: because I just love the skool..
Hiya! No one surely wants to hear that! Extensive research on the school website will provide answers to questions like that! Blessings!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:05pm On Jan 07, 2014
De Tus: @blessedfavored, she's absolutely free to travel on that date coz June 25th is over 6 months but coz she's still young, i think the best option is to renew the passport for her before saying good bye to Nigeria cheesy so that those criminals at "naija poe"airport would disturb her cheesy

Bro, no vex at all but how did u calculate your 6months cos from jan 25th to june 25th is just 5months?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 07, 2014
Great job. Congrats man cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 07, 2014
@Walspring, the passport was accepted at the embassy, right? Meaning it hasn't expired yet. Finally, I indicated the best option is to renew it for her before travelling out. So, that overides any presumption. To renew a passport is very easy. It takes less than 24 hours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2014
Walspring:

Bro, no vex at all but how did u calculate your 6months cos from jan 25th to june 25th is just 5months?

Y'all shouldn't get it twisted. She's got no problem. Let her go jareee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by seunmatt: 9:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
Amefrica, ma prayers are wit u.
Good news in Jesus Name
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Babalola1990: 9:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
@Blessedfavour, it does no harm to quickly renew before departure. Those POE could be real pain in the xx.. Just a simple advice!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 9:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
iFlygerian: Thanks for your reply Amefrica, please what are my chances of getting a visa during the summer.. I've already paid my sevis and all other arrangements have been done.
when is yur interview? I'm also for summer. Pm me, lets relate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Johnmayor: 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
Hello guys my interview is dis week pls I use my waec to apply to my school for undergraduate nd I finish 2011 but I completed my ND this year june nd am going fo undergraduate nd I wnt to use my ND to fill in d gap of wat am doing since 2011 pls if I take my ND to the embassy hope they won't ask why I didn't transfer my credit since I don complete my ND instead of starting from year 1.Pls I need urgeny reply ASAP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iFlygerian: 10:08pm On Jan 07, 2014
Idazbawz: when is yur interview? I'm also for summer. Pm me, lets relate
Aii.. Check your mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 07, 2014
@johnmayor, when did you take the WAEC?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Johnmayor: 10:18pm On Jan 07, 2014
De Tus: @johnmayor, when did you take the WAEC?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
Babalola1990: It was a long one, God did it all!! I think I can conclude that US visa interview is quite easy.. Its like an exam which d possible questions are already known! Its left to the student to fashion out the best hard knock answers (weda na true or lie) with supporting documents and that will make the difference!!!

At the bold: US visa interview isn't easy like that. Even the easiest questions can sway you. Also, you may know much but your favorite questions may not be asked. You can only tell the story when God made it cheap for you.

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
iFlygerian:
Aii.. Check your mail
i been reply yu bro, yu've got mail!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
blessedfavoured: my sis intvw transcript: Lagos Embassy 8 30 am
i've been a silent follower of this thread for ages.. and i made her read about ten interview transcript on nairaland yesterday.
she's 17 going for undergraduate

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 10:36pm On Jan 07, 2014
@ame,

Still keep all fingers crossed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2014
seun.matt:
Amefrica, ma prayers are wit u.
Good news in Jesus Name

Amen!

Thanks so much sweerie..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:41pm On Jan 07, 2014
Amefrica:

Y'all shouldn't get it twisted. She's got no problem. Let her go jareee

are u serious? Well you dont know immigration people at POE.. Maybe RR will tell you more about them sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 07, 2014
Johnmayor: Hello guys my interview is dis week pls I use my waec to apply to my school for undergraduate nd I finish 2011 but I completed my ND this year june nd am going fo undergraduate nd I wnt to use my ND to fill in d gap of wat am doing since 2011 pls if I take my ND to the embassy hope they won't ask why I didn't transfer my credit since I don complete my ND instead of starting from year 1.Pls I need urgeny reply ASAP

I think you are good to go.. I've seen more than 2 ppl dat got their VISAs..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
Walspring:
are u serious? Well you dont know immigration people at POE.. Maybe RR will tell you more about them sha.

OK

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.