Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,288 members, 7,887,843 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:01 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457878 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 7:23am On Jul 05, 2014
streetMic: Must 1 fill his service year PPA as work experience?

Fill it under previous employment

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 05, 2014
stevecrun: your SAT score is good.Yes ,spring classes starts January,applications ends October depends on the school though.

If you don't fancy racial profiling/discrimination,why don't you try Texas..especially schools in Houston,they are mainly blacks there.Am heading to Minnesota,where it's mainly whites there and a few black.I don't care about racial discrimination..am going to get a degree and see how it goes from there.

So,my brother,as Olumide14 said,make hay while the sun still dey hot.No time bro..start profile schools and send in your applications.Goodluck.
Thanks bro! I do appreciate! I didn't sleep last night, gave the internet a good cavity search and I think it's beginning to pay off. I stumbled on an uncompleted application I once filled with Montana state university and I've been given a two week window to complete it to be considered for Summer 2014. working on my documents nows. Thank you all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide14: 8:16am On Jul 05, 2014
Samsleek7: Thanks bro! I do appreciate! I didn't sleep last night, gave the internet a good cavity search and I think it's beginning to pay off. I stumbled on an uncompleted application I once filled with Montana state university and I've been given a two week window to complete it to be considered for Summer 2014. working on my documents nows. Thank you all

Lol @ cavity search. Great, you found something. You need to also inform your referees asap about writing LORs (Letters of Recommendation) if LORs are required. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 8:34am On Jul 05, 2014
stevecrun: wow!So ,Lagos is filled?

Keep checking every morning, Close dates sometimes pop up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 05, 2014
Samsleek7: Thanks bro! I do appreciate! I didn't sleep last night, gave the internet a good cavity search and I think it's beginning to pay off. I stumbled on an uncompleted application I once filled with Montana state university and I've been given a two week window to complete it to be considered for Summer 2014. working on my documents nows. Thank you all
happy you made the internet your friend last night.Also ,don't forget to talk to your sponsor about his/her bank statement of account.
Goodluck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 05, 2014
McKinzie:

hmmm..thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by demmyrulz(m): 8:48am On Jul 05, 2014
Adroitbabz: Congrats to all who got approved during and after the NL shutdown, wish you all success.

Thanks @Walspring for helping me reconnect.

WHO IS HEADING TO MISSOURI?
@adroit, am heading to Missouri. Cape Giredeau precisely and you where in Missouri
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 8:58am On Jul 05, 2014
I just want to wish all those going for their interview this month favor from God.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 8:59am On Jul 05, 2014
slimmy05: what's wrong with the stop over? Me am in love with the experience. I will definitely travel like that.
same here... cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 05, 2014
olumide14:

Lol @ cavity search. Great, you found something. You need to also inform your referees asap about writing LORs (Letters of Recommendation) if LORs are required. Cheers.
Yea they asked for a letter of recommendation but only from my high school principal. other docs. are high school transcripts and then the ALL MIGHTY BANK STATEMENT. one problem though! They asked that the transcripts be sent directly from the school. don't know how to come of that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 05, 2014
Feexo: I just want to wish all those going for their interview this month favor from God.
thank you so much bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 05, 2014
Samsleek7: Yea they asked for a letter of recommendation but only from my high school principal. other docs. are high school transcripts and then the ALL MIGHTY BANK STATEMENT. one problem though! They asked that the transcripts be sent directly from the school. don't know how to come of that.
why don't you spread your net further?
There are good schools in the United States,that would not ask for a recommendation letter from your school principal.

There are also those that won't even bother stressing you by asking that your transcripts be sent from your school directly.Instead,they would ask you send them through computer scan.
So,spread your net and fish for more schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 05, 2014
Bimbola85,we need to talk..how do we communicate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 9:14am On Jul 05, 2014
2014 or 2015?? Summer 2014 classes are almost over! Fall is strolling in!!! cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 9:48am On Jul 05, 2014
McKinzie:

How do you check, I mean the process you use in checking..
Also, you must have first finish filling the ds160 right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 10:07am On Jul 05, 2014
stevecrun: Bimbola85,we need to talk..how do we communicate?

Ok Sir, pm me and we can exchange BlackBerry pin or we whatsapp.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 11:17am On Jul 05, 2014
domex007:

How do you check, I mean the process you use in checking..
Also, you must have first finish filling the ds160 right?

Once you pay your visa fee, you can check even if you haven't finished filling the ds160..the new dates would keep popping up at the left hand corner... I hope it helps
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 11:26am On Jul 05, 2014
honeyad:

Once you pay your visa fee, you can check even if you haven't finished filling the ds160..the new dates would keep popping up at the left hand corner... I hope it helps

Okay thanks..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 11:27am On Jul 05, 2014
Samsleek7: Hey saw ur Email, u can reach me at DELETED . @ Olumide and Stevecrun, I've widened ma search area, I'm now searching for schools that offer programs for January. M hurrying things up cos ma sponsor is kinda a "Second thought" kinda man so I wanna gain admission, obtain ma L-20, visit d Embassy ASAP before he changes his mind. Thank you all for your help! God lead y'all in ya endeavors! Cheers!
DELETED
Whatsapp!
going for graduate or undergrad?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 11:44am On Jul 05, 2014
Feexo: I just want to wish all those going for their interview this month favor from God.
sup bro, please when are where will you be picking up your visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bbdd: 12:21pm On Jul 05, 2014
@juntod @slimmy05
My analytical writing just popped
Scored 4.5. 80th percentile

Was expecting 5 sha. Must be that issue essay I didn't paragraph well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2014
bbdd: @juntod @slimmy05
My analytical writing just popped
Scored 4.5. 80th percentile

Was expecting 5 sha. Must be that issue essay I didn't paragraph well.

you did better bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bbdd: 12:29pm On Jul 05, 2014
slimmy05: you did better bro.

still a bit scared because my maths (152) percentile came out as 48% lipsrsealed
verbal 158 (78th percentile)
aw 4.5 (80th percentile)

SCARED!!!
Im really thinking of rewriting
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 12:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
Hi guys.......Nice to be back here. Congrats to those who got their visas and to those leaving to the States soon; safe journey.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 12:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
bbdd:

still a bit scared because my maths (152) percentile came out as 48% lipsrsealed
aw 4.5 (80th percentile)

SCARED!!!
Bro, your gre is very ok, I wish I even I had that. You dont need to rewrite except you want to have perfect score 340/340 and apply to MIT or harvard.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by oyero1: 12:54pm On Jul 05, 2014
bbdd:

aw 4.5 (80th percentile)

SCARED!!!
u can rewrite,there is always a 2nd chance. Best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 05, 2014
bbdd:

aw 4.5 (80th percentile)

SCARED!!!
I wrote GRE twice cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bbdd: 1:18pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ashigolo: Bro, your gre is very ok, I wish I even I had that. You dont need to rewrite except you want to have perfect score 340/340 and apply to MIT or harvard.

Its because im gunning for full funding bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 1:24pm On Jul 05, 2014
bbdd:

Its because im gunning for full funding bro
Aiit bro, its understandable. Wish you the very best. But if you can, before writing another gre, try and apply to some schools with this one, see what comes out of it, you cant really tell, you might get full funding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
unnamdi79: going for graduate or undergrad?
Undergraduate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2014
unnamdi79: going for graduate or undergrad?
Undergraduate!

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.