Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,165 members, 7,880,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:28 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (437) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457601 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Folarge06(m): 10:09am On Aug 05, 2014
luckyluciano77: Boom!

Was just given visa some minutes ago.
Thank God!
Congratulobia.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 05, 2014
Joenice,i sent you a PM..you prolly choose to ignore it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 10:21am On Aug 05, 2014
domex007: Hello house!
Can I use the same passport photograph I used
for my previous interview on 18 december?

You cannot. Your passport photograph must not be more than 6 months old. Its a standard requirement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:21am On Aug 05, 2014
winbyforce:
I think it's best to get a passport photo that is not more than 6months old.Please take a new photo.

Bro, you are right too..
I will take a new one just incase (don't wanna risk anything)
Saw it on their website that the passort must not be older than 6 (six months)..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:22am On Aug 05, 2014
juntod:

You cannot. Your passport photograph must not be more than 6 months old. Its a standard requirement.

Thanks bro. Will get a new one.m
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sammykm2030: 10:27am On Aug 05, 2014
Dot1:
The fact that you are 30 doesn't portend a denial. It just makes it difficult getting the visa for undergraduate studies. I don't wanna be seen as a despondent becos on this thread we've seen some people with similar profile getting their F1. But I believe if you work hard, score great in SAT and ace TOEFL, then get into a good school, your chances will be made better.
Furthermore, I think you need a good reason or reasons to convince the VO that you are a genuine student. Cos 2000 is 14yrs ago. The 'interstice' in time is too much. I think thatz d biggest thing u need to work on when going for ur interview.
With prayers, hardwork and resilience, everything is possible. So, kick it off bro

Thanks for your input and your words of encouragement brother. I will kick it off in earnest and come back here to ask questions when ever I'm stuck. Meanwhile, when it comes to the period of interview, I believe my good people here will help me to fashion out a way of working around those number of years. May God see us through. I will send pm to you for more enlightenment. God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:32am On Aug 05, 2014
Abeg friends!
Make una no vex for me ooo, una go say my whahala too much abeg no vex, na exam (interview fever) cause am.
Na about this transcript issue..
I don't have my high school transcript with me as I didn't write my waec in my high school, I wrote GCE and am using it to for my interview.
If the VO ask for the transcript? Watin I go do, I am not really satisfied with this response "the school don't give transcripts to student but they have sent it to the University one is applying to."
Is there anybody that have used this technque and was successful, that's the only way my mind can be @ rest..
Thanks once more for your input.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kennyzita(f): 10:50am On Aug 05, 2014
Congrats luckyluciano77

luckyluciano77: Boom!

Was just given visa some minutes ago.
Thank God!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 05, 2014
Joenice: U sound misogynistic. how're u doing stevoo?
We are on the safe side now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by seunny4lif(m): 11:20am On Aug 05, 2014
bigfrancis21:

I tried registering for someone from online here but it didn't work. I guess registering via agents in Nigeria still suffices.

On the other hand you could take TOEFL.
How do I register for TOEFL?Am going for theology...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by HOTWATER(m): 11:25am On Aug 05, 2014
Hi Guys

please what chance does a person with a wife in the US that has a resident permit stand as far as student visa is concerned .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by osahons9(m): 11:32am On Aug 05, 2014
seunny4lif: How do I register for TOEFL?Am going for theology...

Pastor things grin ...to register for toefl, get a visa card (debit or credit) and register at ets.org/toefl
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by seunny4lif(m): 11:43am On Aug 05, 2014
osahons9:

Pastor things grin ...to register for toefl, get a visa card (debit or credit) and register at ets.org/toefl
Yeah,pastor thing...I have apply already but I don't know how to paid the application fees cos I don't hav anyone in USA?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
stevecrun: Joenice,i sent you a PM..you prolly choose to ignore it.
Sorry, please send it again. I guess i didn't receive it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by luckyluciano77: 12:01pm On Aug 05, 2014
I never knew that visa interview was that open. All d pple that were interviewed before me where denied about 8 of them. But one common mistake was that when the VO asked about how they heard about the school, they all said through a friend, dad's friend and bla bla.
Suddenly my number popped up, I was shocked and scared, I couldn't move my legs.
I just happy sha.

Meanwhile that famous hotel @ obalande na wa o. Na so so asawo full d whole area. Lol.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by oghenegano: 12:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
Pls anyone with an idea of a cheap hotel in abj close to s the us embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by steve4ever: 12:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
Want to start to luk 4date, pls i nid d steps
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by osahons9(m): 12:10pm On Aug 05, 2014
seunny4lif: Yeah,pastor thing...I have apply already but I don't know how to paid the application fees cos I don't hav anyone in USA?

You don't need to have one over there. If you have any atm that has visa logo on it, go to the bank and inform them you would like to use it for online transactions. They will activate it and you can then proceed with the registration.

Another method is you have a gt bank mastercard, activate it for online transactions at the bank, register with paypal, add your mastercard and verify your account.

Finally, some of our nairalanders can help out with the payment as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 12:14pm On Aug 05, 2014
azeezbaba: @Bigfrancis,

Am I on point if I answer the following question like this?

VO: How did you know about the school?
Me: I made my research on the internet using USNEWS.COM, COLLEGEBOARD.ORG and the school's website after my friend who schools in North Carolina too told me about the school

My dear, leave your friend out of this. It is not an added advantage. If anything, it reduces your chances.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by seunny4lif(m): 12:15pm On Aug 05, 2014
osahons9:

You don't need to have one over there. If you have any atm that has visa logo on it, go to the bank and inform them you would like to use it for online transactions. They will activate it and you can then proceed with the registration.

Another method is you have a gt bank mastercard, activate it for online transactions at the bank, register with paypal, add your mastercard and verify your account.

Finally, some of our nairalanders can help out with the payment as well.
Can I use UBA Mastercard cos dats the bank am using....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kentochi(m): 12:33pm On Aug 05, 2014
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kennyzita(f): 12:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
hi juntod, sent you an email. please reply

juntod:

My dear, leave your friend out of this. It is not an added advantage. If anything, it reduces your chances.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kennyzita(f): 12:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
hi Idazbawz, Sent you an email. pls check.

Idazbawz: luckyluciano77
Congratulations..... welcome onboard cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Dot1(m): 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2014
sammykm2030:

Thanks for your input and your words of encouragement brother. I will kick it off in earnest and come back here to ask questions when ever I'm stuck. Meanwhile, when it comes to the period of interview, I believe my good people here will help me to fashion out a way of working around those number of years. May God see us through. I will send pm to you for more enlightenment. God bless you.
We av a track record of helping people on this thread and I can confidently assert that 85% of people here get their visa on 1st try and 99% of questions here get solutions. So u are welcome anytime. We are a family.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by HOTWATER(m): 12:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
Dot1:
We av a track record of helping people on this thread and I can confidently assert that 85% of people here get their visa on 1st try and 99% of questions here get solutions. So u are welcome anytime. We are a family.

@Dot1

Does one stand a chance , if the wife in the US has a permananent residence permit as far as student Visa is concerned . Please i will appreciate a response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ase65(f): 2:14pm On Aug 05, 2014
Guys pls advise me ooo. On my i-20 they wrote sponsor funds. But I want to use my mother's bank statement. Hope my mother or uncle statement can work as sponsor funds. Please guru's in the house don't leave a sista hanging
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Dot1(m): 2:33pm On Aug 05, 2014
HOTWATER:

@Dot1

Does one stand a chance , if the wife in the US has a permananent residence permit as far as student Visa is concerned . Please i will appreciate a response
One thing I've learned is that visa interviews are not set in a stone. Some VOs myt see it as an immigration intent & not be convinced u are a not a genuine student especially if u are going to d state where she is a denizen. But with very good presentations and defense from u, u can disproof that. It all comes down to d reasons u give.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ase65(f): 2:34pm On Aug 05, 2014
Hey gurus in the house... I have a very serious question that needs quick reply. in my i-20 they wrote "sponsor funds" now I want to use my mother's bank statement during d visa interview hope I won't have any problem.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
kennyzita: hi juntod, sent you an email. please reply

I just replied.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kennyzita(f): 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
please resend, I have not received

juntod:

I just replied.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 2:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
kennyzita: please resend, I have not received

Just did again. 3 times. You may also check your spam folder.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kennyzita(f): 2:53pm On Aug 05, 2014
Thanks. Received
juntod:

I just replied.

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.