Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,934 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:24 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457103 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
Stewee: Slimmy05 stop hiding...
We can see that you're here.
grin
Hide keep, no now.. I've resumed work and this time its crazy.. So I can only comment during off days..lol.. You know I've stop responding to folks who don't want to take standardized test. If you have any sure I am more than willing to give my quota.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2014
JabinodelaRatta: 'Rijio...what a savoring travel experience!! enjoy ur studies

Thanks......All the best in ur pursuit.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2014
zeezahbee: sup guys, since i enter usa i never open account, to those here already, which bank is best for student with shikini money like me. imperioux, ojap etc. abeg make una help. peepz here been saying chase and BOA but i need better review.

Zee....I opened with Bank of America. I think they are pretty good. Got my acct number, Debit Card, online banking and transactions within 15minutes. There customer service is awesome. If ur on assistantship and u will be expecting direct deposit, you gona need a checking account. But you can still have a checking acct but there are charges that accrues if you dont maintain a minimum balance of $1500 or your above 23yrs or have a direct deposits of $250 monthly.
I asked for a credit card but I was told am not qualified yet. I understand shaa.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2014
alingo4life:

Still waithing bro..waithing earnestly for the rest..America on Point

Lol...U gona get it soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 2:59pm On Aug 04, 2014
MsNas: Rijo,

Nice chronicles grin That was the way I met one girl that knew Nairaland in Amsterdam. She was going to Chicago

Thanks MsNas.....I am using ur advised Boss revolution. It is cool and will try out Telbo shaa. Hope ur good?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 3:02pm On Aug 04, 2014
jaadx: visa denied just now at lagos embassy. Really sucks*

Sorry bro....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperioux: 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2014
Rijo02:

Zee....I opened with Bank of America. I think they are pretty good. Got my acct number, Debit Card, online banking and transactions within 15minutes. There customer service is awesome. If ur on assistantship and u will be expecting direct deposit, you gona need a checking account. But you can still have a checking acct but there are charges that accrues if you dont maintain a minimum balance of $1500 or your above 23yrs or have a direct deposits of $250 monthly.
I asked for a credit card but I was told am not qualified yet. I understand shaa.

If you guys want to start a credit history, start by applying for Citibank platinum or Capitalone (platinum or Quicksilver) after you've established some months of residence in your state. These two cards can be approved with ease. Don't apply for banks credit cards now, your application will be rejected and you will attract hard inquires, which will later reflect on your credit history. Too many hard inquires kill credit score.

After getting a credit card, register on creditkarma.com to start monitoring your credit score.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 3:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
jaadx: exchange greetings
vo. Why dou wanna go this skul!
Me: they are ranked 170 in national uni, wit faculty ratio 23 to 1(vo cut i
vo. How do you knw ds skul?
Me. Wit the help of google wic redirect me to us news where i got the full details
vo why google?and is it the only you found?
Me no, i found michigan to but i prefer west virginia besides my dad graduted from there in 1988
v.o who is ya sponsor?
Me my dad
vo what did e d
me. He is a protocol official at the presidency
vo. Sorry bla bla
me thanks. I don't get myself til nw

Sorry bro. You contradicted yourself. If your dad attended the school, you didn't need google to discover it. You just need to brush up yourself for another interview fully. You were not prepared.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 4:02pm On Aug 04, 2014
Rijo02:

Thanks MsNas.....I am using ur advised Boss revolution. It is cool and will try out Telbo shaa. Hope ur good?
I hope you found Boss Revolution good enough? I'm planning on trying Telbo too myself. Good choice about the BOA thing. They and Wells Fargo are what newcomers and Intls go for. You have funding right? You can just direct deposit your check into the account every month so that the account can remain charges free. Welcome smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 4:08pm On Aug 04, 2014
slimmy05: Hide keep, no now.. I've resumed work and this time its crazy.. So I can only comment during off days..lol.. You know I've stop responding to folks who don't want to take standardized test. If you have any sure I am more than willing to give my quota.

Ok bro
Just checking...
Best wishes!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
@jaadx n co...sorry abt d denial. Lyk odas av said ur interview transcript was a reflection of lack of rigid preparation. Dont permit d outcome to overwhelm u with depression buh rather make ds depression work out an eternal weight of glory in ur next attempt. I wud advise u to go thru all previous success n failed interview transcripts n i assure u dat wen u done with this, ur spirit man will b d first to congratulate u before anyone else. Gudluck guyz!! Ernestly waiting for ur success stories.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 4:32pm On Aug 04, 2014
MsNas:
I hope you found Boss Revolution good enough? I'm planning on trying Telbo too myself. Good choice about the BOA thing. They and Wells Fargo are what newcomers and Intls go for. You have funding right? You can just direct deposit your check into the account every month so that the account can remain charges free. Welcome smiley

Yea MsNas.....I have funding. I will give the payroll my acct for stipends and as such I dont need checks from school. How are you doing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 4:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
Rijo02:

Yea MsNas.....I have funding. I will give the payroll my acct for stipends and as such I dont need checks from school. How are you doing?
Lol. Yeah, thats the same thing as direct depositing a check (the school has to cut you a check every month, either its DD'ed or you collect it by hand). I'm fine tho, thanks for asking.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sammykm2030: 6:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
Dot1:
Yea, community colleges are mostly red flags but some people are lucky getting their visas with them anyway.
Most times age plays a vital role in your visa interview success. The hiatus between the time you finished secondary school & d time u want to go for ur undergraduate (UG) studies shud not be too wide tho. But conversely, u can defend that by telling d VO wot u've been doing all the years. Am saying this cos u didn't state ur age or d time u finished secondary school. I doubt if a 30 or 40 year old man can be lucky @ the embassy going for UG studies.
Some schools don't request for SAT and/or TOEFL, u won't want to tell the VO you av completed ur 1st year here. That's a red flag. But to be on a 'cruising' side try do both SAT & TOEFL, might not be for ur admission but to increase your chances of getting the Visa.

Thanks brother. I'm 30yrs old and I finished in secondary school year 2000. I learned how to repair computers and photocopy machines between 2001 and 2005 after which I got my own shop and boys that are also learning under me. In a nutshell, I have been busy since when I'm out of school. Do I still stand a chance with this situation?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sammykm2030: 6:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
Dot1:
Yea, community colleges are mostly red flags but some people are lucky getting their visas with them anyway.
Most times age plays a vital role in your visa interview success. The hiatus between the time you finished secondary school & d time u want to go for ur undergraduate (UG) studies shud not be too wide tho. But conversely, u can defend that by telling d VO wot u've been doing all the years. Am saying this cos u didn't state ur age or d time u finished secondary school. I doubt if a 30 or 40 year old man can be lucky @ the embassy going for UG studies.
Some schools don't request for SAT and/or TOEFL, u won't want to tell the VO you av completed ur 1st year here. That's a red flag. But to be on a 'cruising' side try do both SAT & TOEFL, might not be for ur admission but to increase your chances of getting the Visa.

Thanks brother. I'm 30yrs old and I finished my secondary school year 2000. I learned how to repair computers and photocopy machines between 2001 and 2005 after which I got my own shop and boys that are also learning under me. In a nutshell, I have been busy since when I'm out of school. Do I still stand a chance with this situation?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaadx(m): 6:09pm On Aug 04, 2014
stevecrun:

Vo-why this school?
You start by:After my research on the internet,i was impressed with this school student to faculty ratio which is 23:1,this small class size will make me close to my professors,(add a few things related to ur sch)

Vo:how u take know this school?
(read my transcript)

Vo:Na only this school you find?
(read my transcript)

Vo:Na wetin your sponsor(papa) dey do
(Put your answer well,you can say he works in the office of the presidency as a protocol officer,state his functions@the office.
thanks bro. Pleare can i stil make it b4 18th ds month or should i deffer it til spring ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 6:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
Gudevening house pls I need a cheap flight to Bwi asap. Pls help me on how to go about it. I want something lesser than 400k thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
jaadx:
thanks bro. Pleare can i stil make it b4 18th ds month or should i deffer it til spring ?
Thank God.

You can book for an interview and seek for an emergency appointment.OR you can prolly differ if that would be convenient for you.
Goodluck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by li2pac1717: 6:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
Please what are the documents asked at the port of entry. Please I want input......thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 04, 2014
Please when you recieve this kinda email,what does it mean?recieved it this evening

Dear STEVE CRUN,

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate

The passport number being returned is A00067543

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location:

Isolo - Lagos, DHL House. New Airport Road Junction,, Isolo, Lagos

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 7:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
stevecrun: Please when you recieve this kinda email,what does it mean?recieved it this evening

Dear STEVE CRUN,

Go and collect your passport. Your visa is ready.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 7:08pm On Aug 04, 2014
goldenchic: Gudevening house pls I need a cheap flight to Bwi asap. Pls help me on how to go about it. I want something lesser than 400k thanks

Book Lagos(LOS) to New York(JFK) and then connect to BWI(Baltimore-Washington International Airport I guess).

It shouldn't be more than 270k in total. When do you plan on travelling?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 7:09pm On Aug 04, 2014
stevecrun: Please when you recieve this kinda email,what does it mean?recieved it this evening

Dear STEVE CRUN,

Go pick your pp(with visa) my brother. Enjoy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
Thanks Juntod and Bimbola85.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 7:17pm On Aug 04, 2014
goldenchic: Gudevening house pls I need a cheap flight to Bwi asap. Pls help me on how to go about it. I want something lesser than 400k thanks

I think only British Airways goes direct to BWI. Its very expensive especially now. New York is very close to Baltimore. You can get a flight for JFK and another connecting flight to BWI or even use a bus cos its just 25 dollars and its 3 hours drive.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 04, 2014
Idazbawz: hehehe. grin
Sometimes e go dey do me like say make I even throway my visa angry

how old are you?

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ridimic1: 7:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
zezah sweetie u got pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by musabones: 7:41pm On Aug 04, 2014
Hello Guys,
I am currently a student in a university in west Virginia and im planning on transferring to University of Minnesota, but the uni of Minnesota is not giving admission for Fall 2014, instead they are offering me admission for spring 2015 which is okay by me. My question here is what can i do to remain in the US without being out of status, and if by any chance i met myself in that situation what can i do to be back on status prior to my admission in uni of Minnesota. PLS Help a brother.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 7:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
musabones: Hello Guys,
I am currently a student in a university in west Virginia and im planning on transferring to University of Minnesota, but the uni of Minnesota is not giving admission for Fall 2014, instead they are offering me admission for spring 2015 which is okay by me. My question here is what can i do to remain in the US without being out of status, and if by any chance i met myself in that situation what can i do to be back on status prior to my admission in uni of Minnesota. PLS Help a brother.

I don't think you will be out of status if your transfer is successful and the new school validates your SEVIS information for spring. By the way, discuss it with international students office of both schools. They are in the best position to clear your doubts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 04, 2014
luckyluciano77,how was your interview today?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by musabones: 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
juntod:

I don't think you will be out of status if your transfer is successful and the new school validates your SEVIS information for spring. By the way, discuss it with international students office of both schools. They are in the best position to clear your doubts.

Many thanks for your response, the problem here is that I still need to balance this present school, by that way they wouldnt send my transcript if their money no complete, and na September i plan giving them their money..That is, I wont be getting the other sch i-20 until i clear their bills oveer here, which i also dont wanna spend extra semester in this school.. Is staying in the United between now and there legal I dont know if i am making sense.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2014
shidoshi:

how old are you?
5yrs older dan u

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.