Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,217 members, 7,880,798 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:02 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (432) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457610 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 9:59pm On Aug 03, 2014
ngofancy
Sent u a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 10:00pm On Aug 03, 2014
babbs45:

Dude, not sure if you've looked into bus route from Atlanta to gainsville Fl. It's about five hours ride on the greyhound bus and it cost less than fifty bucks.

Ok bro, I will reason that too. Thanks. Just that I might not want to sit for 5hrs again after the 12hrs:30mins flight to Atlanta.

Will look into that anyway

Thanks Friend
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 10:02pm On Aug 03, 2014
ase65:

Yes I did ooo. Don't know what to do again the original scheduled date was 20th august. I used the emergency request slot and d only early date I saw was 19th August.

Please wat can I do... even 16th sef go dey okay if o see am.. gurus in da house please help a friend ooo
sent u a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 10:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
farguson1
Was wondering if u got my email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 03, 2014
osahons9:

I did but I'm deferring to spring 2015. The school dey fear me. Student review of the school no just good.
Never let student review put you off my guy.
Some unserious students would want to say bad about a school on the internet,thereby discouraging intending applicants.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by osahons9(m): 10:29pm On Aug 03, 2014
stevecrun: Never let student review put you off my guy.
Some unserious students would want to say bad about a school on the internet,thereby discouraging intending applicants.

I know that bro but the problem with the school is that it's mechanical engineering department is not accredited by ABET. That is a red flag right there starring. shocked . Make person no go waste e hard earned money for yeye oh.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 03, 2014
osahons9:

I know that bro but the problem with the school is that it's mechanical engineering department is not accredited by ABET. That is a red flag right there starring. shocked . Make person no go waste e hard earned money for yeye oh.
in 2chainz deep voice "TRUE"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by osahons9(m): 11:59pm On Aug 03, 2014
stevecrun: in 2chainz deep voice "TRUE"

Hahaha......in t-pain's voice "almost got screwed"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 12:04am On Aug 04, 2014
Mjseun:

Oboi, you get mind ooo. Your journey go be like 50hrs oooo. Anywayz the deal is what matters.

One question please, did you get a transit visa to pass thru London to Miami?

Need to know please coz I'm heading towards that direction too. Gainesville to be precise and might want to travel thru Miami route. What I'm seeing now is from 400k upward ooo. One na even 700k and it's Economy class oo. Wetin business class go cone be o.

Please I need your response bro

Babe it's a 53hrs journey.
No I don't need a transit visa. Don't think you need one too. You're coming to Florida too? Yaaaay!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 12:12am On Aug 04, 2014
Mjseun:

Ok bro, I will reason that too. Thanks. Just that I might not want to sit for 5hrs again after the 12hrs:30mins flight to Atlanta.

Will look into that anyway

Thanks Friend

Your own is good.
After my 53hr long haul and land at MIA, I'm gonna do another 3 and a half hour bus ride to Daytona.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ridimic1: 12:33am On Aug 04, 2014
nybody applying to troy uni............lets hook up smiley

pls IS ny school in usnews that is ranked as RNP,,a good sch?...dont even kn wat it means

theflinkth u got pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 12:47am On Aug 04, 2014
Idazbawz: *smh
embarassedI never even travel yet, I don dey chop advice... Na every morning my people dey advice me now embarassed cry cry
dem want kill me too.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by steve4ever: 1:00am On Aug 04, 2014
PLEASE HOUSE, Am Filling my ds 160 now, pls is this answer ok.
why were u deny?
ans; IT HAPPENED DURING EARLY FEBRUARY. I GUESS I WAS REFUSED BECAUSE I DID NOT ANSWER PERFECTLY WELL SOME QUESTION(S). I HAVE GENUINE ACADEMIC INTENTION AND I AM GRATEFUL TO GOD FOR ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO APPLY AGAIN. THANKS

SECONDLY
, i didnt include my secondry sch history in the previous DS160 only included my ND PROG. can i include it nw or leave it out?
hop it wont affect anything pls. ADVICE NEEDED
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperioux: 1:46am On Aug 04, 2014
steve4ever: PLEASE HOUSE, Am Filling my ds 160 now, pls is this answer ok.
why were u deny?
ans; IT HAPPENED DURING EARLY FEBRUARY. I GUESS I WAS REFUSED BECAUSE I DID NOT ANSWER PERFECTLY WELL SOME QUESTION(S). I HAVE GENUINE ACADEMIC INTENTION AND I AM GRATEFUL TO GOD FOR ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO APPLY AGAIN. THANKS
secondly, i didnt include my secondry sch history in the previous DS160 only included my ND PROG. can i include it nw or leave it out?

The final line of your reason in bold is funny and carries no weight. Also, your reasons do more harms than help..

Que: Why were you denied?

Me: Reason is best known to the VO, though I gave the interview my best shot..... QED!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by steve4ever: 1:53am On Aug 04, 2014
imperioux:

The final line of your reason in bold is funny and carries no weight.

Que: Why were you denied?

Me: Reason is best known to the VO, though I gave the interview my best shot..... QED!
tnks brotherly, really appreciate. go edit am sharperly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 2:20am On Aug 04, 2014
castrotroy80:

Thanks bro, na my mum get the haulage business o no be my father.

can i say this?
As an heir to my late fathers property (like u said earlier),
I will be sponsored by myself and my mum who is into haulage and freight services for ewekoro cement, pz, wampco and cadbury, and the proceeds from the property my late father which is in her trusted care which i have a share and also savings from my salary

Anyhow you put it, you are good to go with these points. Best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mystiqme: 2:24am On Aug 04, 2014
Stewee:
Babe it's a 53hrs journey.
No I don't need a transit visa. Don't think you need one too. You're coming to Florida too? Yaaaay!

Hi. Are you sure about this? Cos I've been hearing that Nigerians need transit visa to layover in the UK. Infact I'm trying to book a ticket for someone and the cheapest one involves transitioning at Heathrow, but I had to avoid that cos of the transit visa thing. House, any solid info about this would be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mystiqme: 2:27am On Aug 04, 2014
ridimic1: nybody applying to troy uni............lets hook up smiley

pls IS ny school in usnews that is ranked as RNP,,a good sch?...dont even kn wat it means

theflinkth u got pm
RNP = Rank not published. Maybe the school did not provide enough information to get ranked.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 2:33am On Aug 04, 2014
ridimic1: nybody applying to troy uni............lets hook up smiley

theflinkth u got pm

That doesn't stop it from being a good school. It only means the ranking was inconclusive (No complete data was provided) or its not ranked among the first 100 or so. Ranking is affected by so many factors. A school may be very strong in Arts but weak in sciences. This affects the general ranking. A particular department e.g Engineering in an RNP school may be far better than the same department in another school ranked 50. What matters is the accreditation of the particular program you are going for.

#My2Cents
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by steve4ever: 2:42am On Aug 04, 2014
SECONDLY, i didnt include my secondry sch history in the previous DS160 only included my ND PROG. can i include it nw or leave it out?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 3:08am On Aug 04, 2014
My travel experience......sorry it is long and some info might be very unnecessary.

My flight was at 2:45pm but I had to be at the airport at 11am in order to check in considering I had excess luggage.
When I arrived at the airport, I weighed my luggage and it was in excess as I already knew;I had to balance them. Finally, I got the required weight and I was good to go. I passed through the NDLEA official who searched my boxes(Had to carry the heavy box ontop their wooden table) after which I approached the counter. Two Emirates airport counter crew where interested in checking me in but I chose the fine lady. She offered me a window seat and aisle seat for Lagos to Dubai and Dubai to JFK resp.
I passed through customs, immigrations and others I don't really know. They were very cool anyways unlike what I expected. Along the checks, an immigration guy asked me where I was headed and what my mission was. I told him US and for studies (was mean during my reply) and he told me to proceed. A lady asked how much I had on me which I wish to declare and I told her.......nothing was demanded. Wow......so free. I had to wait at my boarding gate which was an opportunity to exhaust my Glo airtime. At a time I had to go board hoping to continue with the call on board.
We had some delay cos the Aircraft's fuel dispenser was bad. The pilot said we going to land in a city before proceeding to Dubai. I had to continue with my calls to my friends though I didn't finish the airtime before the pilot announced the problem had been fixed and we are going to Dubai.
Our flight to Dubai was cool........the air crew were splendid and their services sleek. One of the crew members asked why people from Lagos looked so serious...........I told here it is a Nigeria factor. A woman had a child who was troublesome throughout the flight time. People were so disturbed by the boisterous nature of the child.
When we landed in Dubai, I was supposed to wait for 5hrs before connecting though people that had there flights very close were sorted out. Emirates tried and fixed some people who had connecting flights while others were offered free rooms or free meal ticket.
I met a guy who was going to the US and had the same itinerary so we had to chill. I asked him to help take me a picture and I had to take him as well. I then asked if he was going for vacation and he said no; MSc. I then asked you know NL and he said yes. Wow........he asked what's my name but I told him to go first. Mr Datannonymous!!!! It was a delight to meet him. We had a great waiting time together; window shopped, pictures and meal. We got a meal ticket from the mother of the troublesome child........we really pitted the woman cos the child has a hormonal imbalance. They were on a trip to the UK for medical treatment. Funny enough, Mr Datannonymous was not in support of the woman's waka. He said she should take the child to church.....me I didnt see it as a church thing. Laughs all the way shaaa. At a time, we were tired, needed sleep but still were mindful of our connect time.
During the connect time, I was carrying Mr Data's carry on and was sent for a search by the Dubai customs........one of them was a Cameroonian who asked me if I had Garri on me. Very surprised.Lol. She later explained she saw my passport and as a Nigerian, we are used to carrying it. I laughed and called her Ayawude "Awilo". She was delighted.
We boarded and still had some delay cos some passengers whose luggages were already on board but didn't show up for the flight had to be offloaded for security reasons. Soon we were set for the 13hrs flight to JFK. It was nice cos I had fun with my US newly wedded couple seat neighbors who were just returning from honeymoon. At intervals, I visited Mr Data and we had our little chats. We were given the customs form and we filled it stating we had food and animal products.
When we landed, I had 2:20mins to meet up my connecting flight to GA and was worried about the POE. The queue was long but effective. During my time, the POE officer asked for my passport which I gave him. He asked if I had my skol letter......I thought it was my admission letter but he said I-20 and which I gave him. He asked me of my program, skol, how I want to pay. He advised I carry my I-20 anytime I want to leave the US and it should be signed yearly by my skol official. He asked where Abuja is located.......this was because of Visa was issued there. He was a nice guy and I left. Went to the immigration and I was sent to the Agriculture cos I had food. He asked the kind of food I had and I explained........my luggage was not opened and I was delighted to just pass it through the scan and that's it. Americans are good from what I experience at the POE. All were smiling while doing there job and they wouldnt hesitate to help you one ur in need (Info oo not money).
Connecting flight.........will put up that soon.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by steve4ever: 3:22am On Aug 04, 2014
Bro, stay bles. Hap 4u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 3:38am On Aug 04, 2014
'Rijio...what a savoring travel experience!! enjoy ur studies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 5:01am On Aug 04, 2014
sup guys, since i enter usa i never open account, to those here already, which bank is best for student with shikini money like me. imperioux, ojap etc. abeg make una help. peepz here been saying chase and BOA but i need better review.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by alingo4life: 5:28am On Aug 04, 2014
Rijo02: My travel experience......sorry it is long and some info might be very unnecessary.

My flight was at 2:45pm but I had to be at the airport at 11am in order to check in considering I had excess luggage.
When I arrived at the airport, I weighed my luggage and it was in excess as I already knew;I had to balance them. Finally, I got the required weight and I was good to go. I passed through the NDLEA official who searched my boxes(Had to carry the heavy box ontop their wooden table) after which I approached the counter. Two Emirates airport counter crew where interested in checking me in but I chose the fine lady. She offered me a window seat and aisle seat for Lagos to Dubai and Dubai to JFK resp.
I passed through customs, immigrations and others I don't really know. They were very cool anyways unlike what I expected. Along the checks, an immigration guy asked me where I was headed and what my mission was. I told him US and for studies (was mean during my reply) and he told me to proceed. A lady asked how much I had on me which I wish to declare and I told her.......nothing was demanded. Wow......so free. I had to wait at my boarding gate which was an opportunity to exhaust my Glo airtime. At a time I had to go board hoping to continue with the call on board.
We had some delay cos the Aircraft's fuel dispenser was bad. The pilot said we going to land in a city before proceeding to Dubai. I had to continue with my calls to my friends though I didn't finish the airtime before the pilot announced the problem had been fixed and we are going to Dubai.
Our flight to Dubai was cool........the air crew were splendid and their services sleek. One of the crew members asked why people from Lagos looked so serious...........I told here it is a Nigeria factor. A woman had a child who was troublesome throughout the flight time. People were so disturbed by the boisterous nature of the child.
When we landed in Dubai, I was supposed to wait for 5hrs before connecting though people that had there flights very close were sorted out. Emirates tried and fixed some people who had connecting flights while others were offered free rooms or free meal ticket.
I met a guy who was going to the US and had the same itinerary so we had to chill. I asked him to help take me a picture and I had to take him as well. I then asked if he was going for vacation and he said no; MSc. I then asked you know NL and he said yes. Wow........he asked what's my name but I told him to go first. Mr Datannonymous!!!! It was a delight to meet him. We had a great waiting time together; window shopped, pictures and meal. We got a meal ticket from the mother of the troublesome child........we really pitted the woman cos the child has a hormonal imbalance. They were on a trip to the UK for medical treatment. Funny enough, Mr Datannonymous was not in support of the woman's waka. He said she should take the child to church.....me I didnt see it as a church thing. Laughs all the way shaaa. At a time, we were tired, needed sleep but still were mindful of our connect time.
During the connect time, I was carrying Mr Data's carry on and was sent for a search by the Dubai customs........one of them was a Cameroonian who asked me if I had Garri on me. Very surprised.Lol. She later explained she saw my passport and as a Nigerian, we are used to carrying it. I laughed and called her Ayawude "Awilo". She was delighted.
We boarded and still had some delay cos some passengers whose luggages were already on board but didn't show up for the flight had to be offloaded for security reasons. Soon we were set for the 13hrs flight to JFK. It was nice cos I had fun with my US newly wedded couple seat neighbors who were just returning from honeymoon. At intervals, I visited Mr Data and we had our little chats. We were given the customs form and we filled it stating we had food and animal products.
When we landed, I had 2:20mins to meet up my connecting flight to GA and was worried about the POE. The queue was long but effective. During my time, the POE officer asked for my passport which I gave him. He asked if I had my skol letter......I thought it was my admission letter but he said I-20 and which I gave him. He asked me of my program, skol, how I want to pay. He advised I carry my I-20 anytime I want to leave the US and it should be signed yearly by my skol official. He asked where Abuja is located.......this was because of Visa was issued there. He was a nice guy and I left. Went to the immigration and I was sent to the Agriculture cos I had food. He asked the kind of food I had and I explained........my luggage was not opened and I was delighted to just pass it through the scan and that's it. Americans are good from what I experience at the POE. All were smiling while doing there job and they wouldnt hesitate to help you one ur in need (Info oo not money).
Connecting flight.........will put up that soon.

Still waithing bro..waithing earnestly for the rest..America on Point
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 5:34am On Aug 04, 2014
Rijo,

Nice chronicles grin That was the way I met one girl that knew Nairaland in Amsterdam. She was going to Chicago
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 5:55am On Aug 04, 2014
Mystiqme:

Hi. Are you sure about this? Cos I've been hearing that Nigerians need transit visa to layover in the UK. Infact I'm trying to book a ticket for someone and the cheapest one involves transitioning at Heathrow, but I had to avoid that cos of the transit visa thing. House, any solid info about this would be appreciated.

Will find out about this today.
Thanks for your inputs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperioux: 6:04am On Aug 04, 2014
zeezahbee: sup guys, since i enter usa i never open account, to those here already, which bank is best for student with shikini money like me. imperioux, ojap etc. abeg make una help. peepz here been saying chase and BOA but i need better review.
Wellsfargo is the easiest for immigrants. It's abundant in the south. Forget about Chase, it's one of the biggest in the US. Their requirements will chase you like their name says. They will ask for your SSN and some kind of documents new comers might find hard to get. And they will ask that you must maintain a minimum balance of $500 in your savings and checking account every month.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 7:05am On Aug 04, 2014
steve4ever: PLEASE HOUSE, Am Filling my ds 160 now, pls is this answer ok.
why were u deny?

SECONDLY
, i didnt include my secondry sch history in the previous DS160 only included my ND PROG. can i include it nw or leave it out?

No need for all the long stories. As to why you were denied, simply write 'I was not fully well-prepared for the last interview'.

Second, no matter how many DS160s you fill out and submit, only one is going to be used to interview you on the interview day and that 1 is the one you included its DS160 number on your visa appointment profile. That 1 is going to be used to interview you. That's why it is imperative one fills out one's DS160 oneself to be familiar with what was filled out in order to answer consistently to the visa officer. Consistency is important at the inteview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 7:11am On Aug 04, 2014
Rijo
nice travel experience !!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 7:11am On Aug 04, 2014
zeezahbee: sup guys, since i enter usa i never open account, to those here already, which bank is best for student with shikini money like me. imperioux, ojap etc. abeg make una help. peepz here been saying chase and BOA but i need better review.

I would recommend Capital One bank, student account for students. It is cost and charge free for students for 5 long years. No minimum account balance required, no monthly costs and charges deducted.

http://www.capitalone.com/bank/student-banking/

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by phemix: 7:56am On Aug 04, 2014
@BIGfrancis21,

Hope you free now as per our last discuSsion...

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.