Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,913 members, 7,872,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457010 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 12:38pm On Aug 03, 2014
LoveDecay: Where can i get cheap flight tickets abeg.... this thing wan burst my brain.

When is your school resuming? If it's mid September,you can check Qatar Airways.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 12:38pm On Aug 03, 2014
Joenice: What about VoIP? Is it the cheapest? I really would like to know.

Mobile Voip is just an application where you log in these other providers. You can use your username and password for telbo on Voip. Thats what I use.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 12:45pm On Aug 03, 2014
thibcyrain: Hey boss,
I wanna try out my luck,i got denied on 31st,though I really don't no d reason .i posted my transcripts here but no serious response my d gurus. Everyone is advising I take I swift and next shot,before school resumes.
Pls what do I fill in my ds-160 where it says "reason why u were denied visa"

Just write I was denied visa under section 214b.. According to the paper you were given when you were denied at first..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 03, 2014
juntod:

Mobile Voip is just an application where you log in these other providers. You can use your username and password for telbo on Voip. Thats what I use.
Ok man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 1:45pm On Aug 03, 2014
Please how do I reserve a flight oooo. What I'm seeing is too expensive. Economy class for that matter. Bursting my head right now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 03, 2014
Plane tickets prices bursting people's head here..

Winter will bring greater promises..make una no worry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 2:07pm On Aug 03, 2014
laura2014:

Thank you Idazbawz for the information I would print out my Toefl and write my username and password on it ,
about the sevis , my Interview is wednesday August 6th .
do I still have the time to transfer my sevis fee payment on the new sevis number because initially i complained to the school about change of sevis no on the new i20 and the school just told me to go with my formal receipt(with old sevis no) and new i20(with new sevis no) so i felt relaxed until now that i read that i can transfer payment.
I do not know its transferable until now i read on Nairaland . hope this would not be a problem at the embassy How long does it take to transfer payment if i send them a mail to fmjfee.sevis@ice.dhs.gov
you have no time for such again... just go with your previous SEVIS confirmation page and explain your case...

P.S-- it'll not hinder your chance of getting your visa
Just go and succeed!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 2:13pm On Aug 03, 2014
ase65: Hello pls how can I schedule my visa interview for an earlier date I already requested for an expedited interview but the date I saw was Aug 19.... is der anyone who can help me
August 19? Have you cancelled your previously selected date?? You need to cancel it b4 u can see d dates opened specifically for u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 2:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
stevecrun: Plane tickets prices bursting people's head here..

Winter will bring greater promises..make una no worry
28th august... Emirates is #181k
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ngofancy: 2:29pm On Aug 03, 2014
Idazbawz: Ngofancy
Congratulations..... I have a friend at UB... he's a NLander too...his moniker is castrogee
Please can u link me to castrogee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ngofancy: 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2014
Please is there any body out here who got admission to University of Bridgeport and has gotten his or her VISA I will like to hook up with you thanks and God bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2014
Idazbawz: 28th august... Emirates is #181k
nice deal bro..but i no come like Emirates.
Mine is Etihad or KLM

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by azeezbaba(m): 2:37pm On Aug 03, 2014
Idazbawz: you are good namesake cool , go get your visa f-1 visa grin

MandyBaby007, I thank you guys for your prompt responses.

Another grey area pls. I have a BankofAmerica account which I have been operating even as I am in Nigeria here. I intend using the BOA statement of account plus my GTB statement of account as proof of fund. I hope the VO will not see the BOA statement as a minus for me.

Secondly, I intend traveling with my family and son. Do they need to get their own F2 Visas or they can travel with me on their B1/B2 visas?

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 3:26pm On Aug 03, 2014
Please is it compulsory to get a transit visa while going to Atlanta via Amsterdam (klm for you). Is it also okay to sleep in an hotel in Atlanta till the following day and take off the following day to Gainesville as that's my destination and my supervisor with other lab member need to welcome me and pick me up from the Airport during the day.

Please I need response as soon as possible.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
Mjseun: Please is it compulsory to get a transit visa while going to Atlanta via Amsterdam (klm for you). Is it also okay to sleep in an hotel in Atlanta till the following day and take off the following day to Gainesville as that's my destination and my supervisor with other lab member need to welcome me and pick me up from the Airport during the day.
Please I need response as soon as possible.
Thanks
Nope, you don't need a transit visa if you're flying through Holland. Nobody is going to ask for it or disturb you. You're not going to leave the airport anyways.

Yeah, you can sleep at the airport in ATL. Make sure you time yourself and don't miss your connecting flight to Gainesville. Have a safe trip.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 4:03pm On Aug 03, 2014
ase65:

T-mobile is good, especially if u get like two friends together so u can do a family plan. For calls to naija I would suggest u register on rebtel. Or u can buy credits on Skype. No network would charge u less than their offer
Did I say any prepaid network provider charged me more than their offer? I was having issues downgrading my network services on T-Mobile and they're being adamant.

And yes, some postpaid network providers will charge you crazily. Ask people who use Sprint. And yeah, so far.... the three I mentioned are one of the cheapest.

Rebtel charges 6.9c a minute, Boss Revolution charges 3.2c a minute. Which is more economical?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 4:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
Mystiqme:
Telbo is 2.8ยข/min
Telbo, here I come!! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
Rynga seems the cheapest... Cheaper than telbo.. 0.05c to call Nigeria if you are using it right from your laptop...not sure of the exact price for the app. Free calls to most Europe and asian countries

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Snazzygirl: 4:18pm On Aug 03, 2014
azeezbaba:
MandyBaby007, I thank you guys for your prompt responses.
Another grey area pls. I have a BankofAmerica account which I have been operating even as I am in Nigeria here. I intend using the BOA statement of account plus my GTB statement of account as proof of fund. I hope the VO will not see the BOA statement as a minus for me.
Secondly, I intend traveling with my family and son. Do they need to get their own F2 Visas or they can travel with me on their B1/B2 visas?
Thank you

Will your family stay with you for the entire length of the program? If yes, they need to get F2 visas. if they will only stay for a couple of weeks, then their B visa is ok. To determine if the BOA account is a potential problem, you need to answer some questions. How did you open the account? why? how have you been funding the account?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 4:22pm On Aug 03, 2014
Snazzygirl:

Will your family stay with you for the entire length of the program? If yes, they need to get F2 visas. if they will only stay for a couple of weeks, then their B visa is ok. To determine if the BOA account is a potential problem, you need to answer some questions. How did you open the account? why? how have you been funding the account?
Snazzy Sweetie grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by azeezbaba(m): 4:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
Snazzygirl:

Thanks for your prompt response. I want them to stay with me for the entire length of the program. I have been advised earlier not to attend my F1 interview with them. So at what point will they attend their own F2 interview. I have also heard about change of status from B1/B2 to F2 but I dont know much about it.

I opened the account in April when I traveled to US. All the banker asked for was my international passport. I opened it because I do a lot of online transactions and sometimes my GTB naira mastercard was declined. So when I heard it doesn't require much to open a BOA account, i quickly opened one in Long Island, NY. So I moved all the money from my GTB account through ATM to my BOA account and I started using my BOA Visa card. I have a lot of friends in the US and whenever they want to send money to Nigeria, I simply tell them to send the money to my BOA account while I help them transfer the naira equivalent to their beneficiaries in Nigeria. I hope i have answered all your questions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by azeezbaba(m): 4:37pm On Aug 03, 2014
@ Amefrica, please I need your input as always. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Snazzygirl: 4:39pm On Aug 03, 2014
MsNas:
Snazzy Sweetie grin grin

MsNas Honey!!! grin grin grin. O ku igbadun summer cheesy shocked cheesy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
azeezbaba: @ Amefrica, please I need your input as always. Thanks

If you want them to stay with you throughout, let your school know. You a financially strong man, shouldn't have any problem. cheesy Remember to fill them as your dependents both in your school's app form and the DS160 form.

You have to attend the VISA interview with them, sir.

Success!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 4:42pm On Aug 03, 2014
Snazzygirl:

MsNas Honey!!! grin grin grin. O ku igbadun summer cheesy shocked cheesy.
angry angry No loud am for here na grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
MsNas:
angry angry No loud am for here na grin grin

I greet you oo, warrior princess. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by LoveDecay(m): 4:49pm On Aug 03, 2014
Idazbawz: 28th august... Emirates is #181k
bimbola85:
omo it's to late mehn - except . i want to be aka-gum and ask for extension , just to save on flight ticket. sad

When is your school resuming? If it's mid September,you can check Qatar Airways.

25th August, have to meet my Professor on the 18th, have dinner on 22nd.

Anyone recommend egyptair - i see flight for 2099 (outrageous) on the 15th. I need 2 tickets, my lil sis is an art major at Goerge Washington.

Eff you august price hike - this is extortion.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2014
Amefrica:

Lol. Which one is Warrior Princess again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Snazzygirl: 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2014
azeezbaba:

Thanks for your prompt response. I want them to stay with me for the entire length of the program. I have been advised earlier not to attend my F1 interview with them. So at what point will they attend their own F2 interview. I have also heard about change of status from B1/B2 to F2 but I dont know much about it.

I opened the account in April when I traveled to US. All the banker asked for was my international passport. I opened it because I do a lot of online transactions and sometimes my GTB naira mastercard was declined. So when I heard it doesn't require much to open a BOA account, i quickly opened one in Long Island, NY. So I moved all the money from my GTB account through ATM to my BOA account and I started using my BOA Visa card. I have a lot of friends in the US and whenever they want to send money to Nigeria, I simply tell them to send the money to my BOA account while I help them transfer the naira equivalent to their beneficiaries in Nigeria. I hope i have answered all your questions.

Well answered! Your BOA account is good to go. If the VO asks you why (I don't think he/she will), you can say its easier to use the BOA card for online shopping/naira transfers to beneficiaries. Don't go through the change of status route. In my opinion, its more difficult, there is no guarantee it will work, and it takes time. Although a lot of people suggest going to the embassy together, I guess its fine if you don't want them to go to the embassy with you. You can schedule their interview after yours...just give them the necessary docs. #My Opinion#
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by azeezbaba(m): 4:53pm On Aug 03, 2014
Amefrica:

If you want them to stay with you throughout, let your school know. You a financially strong man, shouldn't have any problem. cheesy Remember to fill them as your dependents both in your school's app form and the DS160 form.

You have to attend the VISA interview with them, sir.

Success!

Thanks baba. I am really confused here as two people already advised to attend the F1 visa alone because if the whole family go at once then home ties is questionable. I already included them in the I-20 (thanks)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 03, 2014
MsNas:
Lol. Which one is Warrior Princess again?

You nor know say na you? grin

How do you do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Snazzygirl: 4:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
Amefrica:

@MsNas, I go loud am everywhere! grin. Them don even give you name for NL, Mrs Warrior Princess (Nee Spartans) @Amefrica, thanks for d name. cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.