Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,302 members, 7,881,110 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:43 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457626 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2014
azeezbaba:

Thanks baba. I am really confused here as two people already advised to attend the F1 visa alone because if the whole family go at once then home ties is questionable. I already included them in the I-20 (thanks)

Yea, your family is a good home tie. But other things could stand as home ties too -- land, business, house etc

I might have to concur with those who advised you to go alone tho -- but I know next to nothing when it comes to changing status.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 03, 2014
Snazzygirl:

@MsNas, I go loud am everywhere! grin. Them don even give you name for NL, Mrs Warrior Princess (Nee Spartans) @Amefrica, thanks for d name. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hahahaha! grin Na joke me dey nah..

How you doing, ma'am? cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Snazzygirl: 5:19pm On Aug 03, 2014
Amefrica:
Hahahaha! grin Na joke me dey nah..
How you doing, ma'am? cheesy

Your joke funny o. I know MsNas kiss go kill me later, but d name funny cheesy. I'm doing great! How are you? Ready for Canada? abi u don go?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 03, 2014
Snazzygirl:

Your joke funny o. I know MsNas kiss go kill me later, but d name funny cheesy. I'm doing great! How are you? Ready for Canada? abi u don go?

Hehehe! No wahala..

Me still preparing for here oo ...it hasn't been easy grin I'm still doing my freezer-training too.

#Team-35'celcius cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 5:22pm On Aug 03, 2014
MsNas:
Nope, you don't need a transit visa if you're flying through Holland. Nobody is going to ask for it or disturb you. You're not going to leave the airport anyways.

Yeah, you can sleep at the airport in ATL. Make sure you time yourself and don't miss your connecting flight to Gainesville. Have a safe trip.

Thank you very much MsNas, I'm planning to book my flight to Gainesville when I get to Atlanta. Direct flight is too expensive so wanna break it, still it's over #400k but still prefer it to paying the huge direct flight for 650k upward. Also opting for the breaking in booking incase there's a delay during departure.. so I won't miss the already paid flight from Atlanta to Gainesville.

I know it's peak period so I don't have option.

Or what do you think MsNas?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 5:26pm On Aug 03, 2014
azeezbaba:

Thanks baba. I am really confused here as two people already advised to attend the F1 visa alone because if the whole family go at once then home ties is questionable. I already included them in the I-20 (thanks)

Go on with your plan bro. I have a colleague whose visa was approved with his baby boy and wife. Although he's going first then the wife and kid will join him latter.

All the best bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 03, 2014
Mjseun:

Go on with your plan bro. I have a colleague whose visa was approved with his baby boy and wife. Although he's going first then the wife and kid will join him latter.

All the best bro

Exactly my point! smiley

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mystiqme: 5:28pm On Aug 03, 2014
azeezbaba: So when I heard it doesn't require much to open a BOA account, i quickly opened one in Long Island, NY. So I moved all the money from my GTB account through ATM to my BOA account and I started using my BOA Visa card. I have a lot of friends in the US and whenever they want to send money to Nigeria, I simply tell them to send the money to my BOA account while I help them transfer the naira equivalent to their beneficiaries in Nigeria. I hope i have answered all your questions.

Are you going coming to Long Island?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by luckyluciano77: 5:47pm On Aug 03, 2014
Dear house, please what's the name and address of that famous hotel in obalande? My interview is 2mao.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Snazzygirl: 5:52pm On Aug 03, 2014
Amefrica:
Hehehe! No wahala..
Me still preparing for here oo ...it hasn't been easy grin I'm still doing my freezer-training too.
#Team-35'celcius cool

Hehhehehe.....freezing training is seriously needed! lol. I pray your preparation goes smoothly! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 5:54pm On Aug 03, 2014
Amefrica:

You nor know say na you? grin

How do you do?
I'm doing good. You? When do you leave for Canada?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2014
Snazzygirl:

@MsNas, I go loud am everywhere! grin. Them don even give you name for NL, Mrs Warrior Princess (Nee Spartans) @Amefrica, thanks for d name. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Aunty SnazzyGirl. E lenu bi kettle. cheesy Lmao. If I start on top your matter, you will beg oo, You know I'm an Omo Ibadan grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2014
Snazzygirl:

Hehhehehe.....freezing training is seriously needed! lol. I pray your preparation goes smoothly! grin

Amen!

Thanks so much sweerie. God bless! kiss

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 5:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
Mjseun:

Thank you very much MsNas, I'm planning to book my flight to Gainesville when I get to Atlanta. Direct flight is too expensive so wanna break it, still it's over #400k but still prefer it to paying the huge direct flight for 650k upward. Also opting for the breaking in booking incase there's a delay during departure.. so I won't miss the already paid flight from Atlanta to Gainesville.

I know it's peak period so I don't have option.

Or what do you think MsNas?

Thanks.
Yeah, you could book at the ATL airport when you get there. You might even opt for the early morning flight. Its always kinds cheaper. I paid for my connecting flight from IAD to LIT from Nigeria but I missed the flight. I ended up paying another airfare the next morning but they waived my baggage fees.

An alternative is to book the connecting flight for the next morning. Make sure you have at least 5hours to clear customs and immigration. Then you'll be fine. Its peak period and prices might be high for OTC booking
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 03, 2014
MsNas:
I'm doing good. You? When do you leave for Canada?

This month shaa!

I dey think to defer, then go Qatar go spend some time b4 finally leaving to Canny Nov/Dec.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2014
luckyluciano77: Dear house, please what's the name and address of that famous hotel in obalande? My interview is 2mao.
I love your name bro..may you be granted favour and be lucky tomorrow at the consulate..
Check this out: https://www.nairaland.com/1482362/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part5/285

Endeavor to post your transcript tomorrow.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 6:24pm On Aug 03, 2014
MsNas:
Yeah, you could book at the ATL airport when you get there. You might even opt for the early morning flight. Its always kinds cheaper. I paid for my connecting flight from IAD to LIT from Nigeria but I missed the flight. I ended up paying another airfare the next morning but they waived my baggage fees.

An alternative is to book the connecting flight for the next morning. Make sure you have at least 5hours to clear customs and immigration. Then you'll be fine. Its peak period and prices might be high for OTC booking

Thank you very much. I guessed right and also wanted to be sure. Hv experienced missing a flight before from London to Nigeria, it was painful, paid extra £245 to still secure my seat for the third day not even for the next day.

Thanks dear and see u at the top.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by castrotroy80: 7:07pm On Aug 03, 2014
Good evening house, please i want the profs in the house to check this reahearsal question and answers for me if there is anything i need to change

VO- why dis univ?
Me- according to research, boston univ has a detailed plan of study, there programs are well designed for theoretical understanding and practical skills and they offer excellent research opportunities through assistanship programs and they've got state of the art facility and oustanding faculty and according to usnews, they are rated at number 41 among the best 100univ in us
VO- why dis course?
Me- presently i work with federal ministry of justice as a junior registrar, my office is in charge of keeping all court record and facilitation of all court proceedings and as a result of the nigerian judiciary system which is becoming highly competitive, a masters degree in criminal justice and law enforcement administration will greately advance my career aspiration to the top ladder.
VO- why did u choose to study in us?
Me- academic experience from Us univ is highly valued around the world, they offer excellent research opportunities and they are rated to be the top in world when it comes to studying criminal justice and law enforcement and above all, gaining global exposure through studies in Us will greately advance my career to the top.
VO-Why do u want to change your major?
Me-Well since i have been working with the federal ministry of justice, my exposure to the justice system had gone so wide that i picked great interest in system especially in assisting the federal ministry of justice in the forensic investigation of the irregularities engulfing the nigerian justice system.
VO- What do you know about Us univ?
Me- They are best known for the excellent quality of education, they offer excrllent research opportunities and their programs are well designed for theoretical understanding and practical skills.
VO-What are ur plans after grad?
Me- my plans are to return home to my job and my lovely family who will be waiting for my return.
VO-Who is your sponsor?
Me-my mum
VO-what does she do?
Me-she is a transporter, she is in transportation agreement with pz, cadbury, wampco and ewekoro cement and she is the one in charge of the property my late father left behind.
VO-why is she sponsoring you?
Me-The bills are a bit high and the landed property my late father left in which i have a share is being held in trust by her.
VO- why leave ur job and family to study in us?
Me-In this highly competitive world, gaining global exposure by studying in Us is of great importance to my career advancement, the pay offs will be well worth the time and money and also this will enhanace me ability to work with different culture. As regards my family, it is a collective decision between us, a sacrifice we all have to make now for us to have a graeter future
VO-How do you plan to take care of your family while studying in us?
Me- Well my wife is gainfully employed by the nigerian federal govt, she is an assistant suprintendent of police, she's well paid. And aside that (just in case), My wife and i had been discussing for a while, and we cocluded that part of my share from the returns of the properties my late father left behind will be given to her for their upkeep.
VO-what do u know bout massachuset?
Me-it is a state in the new England, boardered by connecticut and rhodes island to south, newyork to the west, vermaont and hampshire to north and it is the 14th most populous state in Us.
Abeg gurus in the house make una help me check am out o

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Snazzygirl: 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
MsNas:
Aunty SnazzyGirl. E lenu bi kettle. cheesy Lmao. If I start on top your matter, you will beg oo, You know I'm an Omo Ibadan grin

Make I wear my shoe run.................Leave me alone ooooo Aunty Ibadan cheesy grin tongue kiss cheesy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ase65(f): 7:27pm On Aug 03, 2014
Idazbawz: August 19? Have you cancelled your previously selected date?? You need to cancel it b4 u can see d dates opened specifically for u

Yes I did ooo. Don't know what to do again the original scheduled date was 20th august. I used the emergency request slot and d only early date I saw was 19th August.

Please wat can I do... even 16th sef go dey okay if o see am.. gurus in da house please help a friend ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 03, 2014
castrotroy80: Good evening house, please i want the profs in the house to check this reahearsal question and answers for me if there is anything i need to change

VO- why dis univ?
Me- according to research, boston univ has a detailed plan of study, there programs are well designed for theoretical understanding and practical
Me- academic experience from Us univ is highly valued around the world, they offer excellent research opportunities and they are rated to be the top in world when it comes to studying criminal justice and law enforcement and above all, gaining global exposure through studies in Us will greately advance my career to the top.

Great. I see that you don't want to take chances as regards your interview. Saying according to research sounds a little bit antediluvian grin, make it sound like your work by saying "from my own research." blah blah blah. That's the first one. The second, I'm coming to help you out, while you wait for others to comment too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 7:33pm On Aug 03, 2014
castrotroy80: Good evening house, please i want the profs in the house to check this reahearsal question and answers for me if there is anything i need to change

VO-Who is your sponsor?
Me-my mum

VO-what does she do?
Me-she is a transporter, she is in transportation agreement with pz, cadbury, wampco and ewekoro cement and she is the one in charge of the property my late father left behind.
VO-why is she sponsoring you?
Me-The bills are a bit high and the landed property my late father left in which i have a share is being held in trust by her.

Everything looks good. But personally, I think you should work on the bolded. As a married man, and a worker for that matter, the VO may not be patient enough after you simply say your mum is sponsoring. So, try to include why she's sponsoring when answering that question.

E.g.
VO: Who is sponsoring?
YOU: Well, as an heir to my late father's estate, I will be sponsored by my mum from proceeds from the said estate. The estate is transportation agreement with pz, cadbury, wampco and ewekoro cement and landed properties.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by castrotroy80: 7:33pm On Aug 03, 2014
Joenice: Great. I see that you don't want to take chances as regards your interview. Saying according to research sounds a little bit antediluvian grin, make it sound like your work by saying "from my own research." blah blah blah. That's the first one. The second, I'm coming to help you out, while you wait for others to comment too.

Thanks and God bless you. am waiting for ur help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 7:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
ase65:

Yes I did ooo. Don't know what to do again
which date did u choose b4 applying for expedited appointment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 03, 2014

VO- why did u choose to study in us?

academic experience from US University is highly valued in Nigeria. The US offers blah blah blah...That's the second. For the third, I am coming.
NB: Mentioning Nigeria here demonstrates home ties.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 7:54pm On Aug 03, 2014
honeyad:

Just write I was denied visa under section 214b.. According to the paper you were given when you were denied at first..

And when they ask him..."What has changed since then nko? what will he say?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 03, 2014
While the third, just follow what juntod said and you would be all right. Wishing you the best of luck @castrotroy80
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 7:56pm On Aug 03, 2014
Stewee:

And when they ask him..."What has changed since then nko? what will he say?

I guess he has worked on that already.. I only gave a simple response to his question.. Shikena grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 7:59pm On Aug 03, 2014
Mjseun: Please how do I reserve a flight oooo. What I'm seeing is too expensive. Economy class for that matter. Bursting my head right now.

My brother na see we see am ooo..
Its peak perio right now so flight fares will be of the roof.

When are you expected to report to school?
the farther ahead you book and pay, the cheaper it may be.
I booked with Qatar with about 1month before departure and paid 201k to Miami. I have two stop overs in Doha and London heathrow...Plz don't ask about the wait times in between. it's the price I have to pay so I'm ready.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 03, 2014
Aside the interview, please do more to watch Crime and Investigation Channel, it will make you a top-notch Crime Investigator. Some cases are won by out playing your opponents in the courtroom. cheesy @castrotroy80
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 8:03pm On Aug 03, 2014
stevecrun: Plane tickets prices bursting people's head here..

Winter will bring greater promises..make una no worry

During winter prices are somewhat cheaper but the risks involved are much greater... flights are cancelled cos of weather and that's when planes usually skid off runways grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by castrotroy80: 8:04pm On Aug 03, 2014
juntod:

Everything looks good. But personally, I think you should work on the bolded. As a married man, and a worker for that matter, the VO may not be patient enough after you simply say your mum is sponsoring. So, try to include why she's sponsoring when answering that question.

E.g.
VO: Who is sponsoring?
YOU: Well, as an heir to my late father's estate, I will be sponsored by my mum from proceeds from the said estate. The estate is transportation agreement with pz, cadbury, wampco and ewekoro cement and landed properties.

Am sorry the answer should be myself
and my mum

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.