Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,934 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:21 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457101 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sammykm2030: 5:07pm On Aug 02, 2014
stevecrun:
-Apply to a university
-The embassy never discriminates about age,you just have to be able to tell them,what you've been doing for the last few years at least we've seen brodas here get their visas and their over 25 and 26 going for UG
-Are you currently in a university here?if yes why not transfer your course credits to your choice of school thereby apply as a transfer student.
-Even if your school declines you write the SAT,i'd advice you write it for embassy sake and ask for a letter from your school's admission's officer stating they waived the SAT for you.
t of
Goodluck.
-

Thanks brother, God bless you. I'm presently in 100L here but i want to move on. Which means i will have to write TOEFL and SAT to have a good standing when facing the VO? Which means one thing is to get admission, and another thing is to scale through the embassy and VO hurdles. I will follow your advise by applying as a transfer student and see what will come out of it. May the good Lord see us through.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by PedigreeCity: 5:17pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hello houz. I've made an appointment. But am just checking tru my DS-160 once again n I realize dat d DS-160 Confirmation Number: and UID: are not reflecting on my DS-160 Appointment Confirmation print out. Pls what is d way out?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 02, 2014
sammykm2030:

Thanks brother, God bless you. I'm presently in 100L here but i want to move on. Which means i will have to write TOEFL and SAT to have a good standing when facing the VO? Which means one thing is to get admission, and another thing is to scale through the embassy and VO hurdles. I will follow your advise by applying as a transfer student and see what will come out of it. May the good Lord see us through.

START AFRESH!!!...............

our 100 Level courses in Nigeria, are most times not compatible with US Colleges
SAT registration for Nigeria will end AUG. 29
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2014
PedigreeCity: Hello houz. I've made an appointment. But am just checking tru my DS-160 once again n I realize dat d DS-160 Confirmation Number: and UID: are not reflecting on my DS-160 Appointment Confirmation print out. Pls what is d way out?

ur uid is not supose 2 show on ur ds160 print sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by famolino(m): 6:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
What are the things (documents) I need if someone decides to send me invitation letter from the US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 02, 2014
osahons9: @joenice

This is not nice!! Answer me nau
Sorry i was just busy. First of all, which school are you heading to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
famolino: What are the things (documents) I need if someone decides to send me invitation letter from the US?
Invitation for what? Be precise.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 6:10pm On Aug 02, 2014
famolino: What are the things (documents) I need if someone decides to send me invitation letter from the US?

Please go to the thread for the US visitors visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2014
sammykm2030:

Don't thank me,thank God.
Very well,i'd advice you dont fill you're presently in a Nigerian university,if you're so keen,just start afresh.

Yea,write any of the English proficiency test toefl/ielts and the SAT(Better hurry up and register for SAT,i hear it ends this month).

Goodluck on your applications and consular appointment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Femicrux: 7:24pm On Aug 02, 2014
Pls, can anyone help me with an explanation of the registration process for the SAT? How do Nigerians get registered?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 02, 2014
Femicrux: Pls, can anyone help me with an explanation of the registration process for the SAT? How do Nigerians get registered?

Thanks.
Only one accredited company in Nigeria for the registration.For more info check on collegeboard.org,scroll down to SAT registration in Nigeria and get more info.

Or use google;
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 8:13pm On Aug 02, 2014

You do not need an invitation letter if you're applying for a student visa.
If you are not a prospective student, then you're in the wrong thread.

#Bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by steve4ever: 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2014
pls my sch resume by 20th. can i still get a date nearer. or am i elligible to request for an immergency. thou av been denied once in early feb. advice is urgently needed please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by castrotroy80: 8:26pm On Aug 02, 2014
MsNas:
As I said already. You have reputable school there. Just sell yourself to the VO. As per the finances aspect, are you absolutely positive you can foot the bills out there? Did you get funding of any kind? Are you working right now in Nigeria? If yes, to the working aspect, then I suggest you take your own statement of account to the embassy along with your mom's. And don't fail to mention to the VO that your wife is also gainfully employed by the Nigerian Police.

The Visa Officer might want to ask you why your mom is co-sponsor. Just tell him/her that the bills are a bit high and that the landed property left by your late Dad(in which you have a share of) is being held in trust by your mom. So, technically, its still your money. I doubt if you're gonna be having too much problems at the embassy though. You have almost everything pat down.

PS: PRAY really hard. God is the Ultimate decider in any visa case.

Thanks Nas, i did not get any funding assistance from the school, hope that wont be a problem.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by steve4ever: 8:31pm On Aug 02, 2014
pls house can i print my ds 160 confirmation page another time after submiting bcus i dnt have printer with me rit here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by osahons9(m): 8:44pm On Aug 02, 2014
Joenice: Sorry i was just busy. First of all, which school are you heading to?

Ermmm Texas A & M University college station or university of oklahoma
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:39pm On Aug 02, 2014
steve4ever: pls house can i print my ds 160 confirmation page another time after submiting bcus i dnt have printer with me rit here

Ofcus!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
steve4ever: pls house can i print my ds 160 confirmation page another time after submiting bcus i dnt have printer with me rit here
Ofcus!
You could email it to yourself as well so you can retrieve and print later on.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:51pm On Aug 02, 2014
sidraah11: [color=#000099][/color]

Please I need to send you and email,I don't knw how to use this site,my little sis wants UCO for her graduate studies ( does she have to pay any deposite of 8k)

Thanks ase65

You need to contact UCO.
Goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:55pm On Aug 02, 2014
steve4ever: pls my sch resume by 20th. can i still get a date nearer. or am i elligible to request for an immergency. thou av been denied once in early feb. advice is urgently needed please

Aug 16th is still available for Lag.
You can book emergency (try your luck)
Get extension letter from your school, you can still meet up
Goodluck bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:55pm On Aug 02, 2014
sidraah11: [color=#000099][/color]

Please I need to send you and email,I don't knw how to use this site,my little sis wants UCO for her graduate studies ( does she have to pay any deposite of 8k)

Thanks ase65
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ridimic1: 11:04pm On Aug 02, 2014
hi guz..pls i was planning for spring earlier but due to some reasons..i hv decided to shift till fall.....pls is it ok to start colecting lor from my
lecturers,,,or is it too early thankss,,,,,

zezah swetie u got pm. kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 11:06pm On Aug 02, 2014

Yeah, send it to your email(s)..
Can print it anytime you want..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 11:18pm On Aug 02, 2014
Stewee:

LMAO... Butt-dialing!!!
Plz try and "butt-dial" me one of this days.
Lol. I don't use Sprint o. So my chances of butt-dialling international is slim cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 11:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 11:46pm On Aug 02, 2014
ridimic1: hi guz..pls i was planning for spring earlier but due to some reasons..i hv decided to shift till fall.....pls is it ok to start colecting lor from my
lecturers,,,or is it too early thankss,,,,,

zezah swetie u got pm. kiss
I'm going for fall(undergraduate), I've gotten my lor's and transcripts since last month, the earlier the better.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ridimic1: 12:53am On Aug 03, 2014
Theflint1: I'm going for fall(undergraduate), I've gotten my lor's and transcripts since last month, the earlier the better.

u got pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperioux: 2:53am On Aug 03, 2014
MsNas:
I'd advise you to get StraightTalk, SimpleMobile or MetroPCS. They're the cheapest oo. AT&T is also cheap. But sometimes they get crazy. You can subscribe for StraightTalk or SimpleMobile every month with as low as $30.

Stay away from SPRINT!!! Its not prepaid but postpaid. They will even allow you to call international, but when the bill comes at the end of the month, you will nearly pee your pants. If you're like me who keeps my phone inside the back pockets of my pants and allows the phone to butt-dial sometimes, you're in soup. cheesy Verizon and T-Mobile ain't no better. I wanted to downgrade my monthly payment with T-Mobile because I rarely use my data, wifi is in abundance everywhere, these yeye people no gree. Okay o, lemme downgrade into another thing, no luck. And their 4GLTE will be sucking my 4G allowance anyhow sef.

StraightTalk rides on AT&T network; but its cheaper than AT&T (an AT&T has one of the best coverage in America). SimpleMobile and MetroPCS rides on T-Mobile Network, but they're cheaper than T-Mobile. It even allows you to text international for free. T-Mobile no dey gree me text international.

For International calling cards, don't go near Rebtel. They're thieves. Use Boss Revolution. Its cheaper. Don't blame me, I'm a broke college girl cheesy

The guy in NY can get Black011 calling card for his international calls. It's cheap so far.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 3:11am On Aug 03, 2014
MsNas:
Lol. I don't use Sprint o. So my chances of butt-dialling international is slim cheesy

Well I never say never!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 4:19am On Aug 03, 2014
imperioux:

The guy in NY can get Black011 calling card for his international calls. It's cheap so far.
Oga mi sir grin Black011 is 5c per minute o. Boss Revolution is cheaper at 3.7c per minute.

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.