Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,780 members, 7,875,936 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:30 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457104 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 4:33am On Aug 03, 2014
To those in the USA already, which bank is better ? People kept giving me different options to choose from.
1. Chase bank
2. Welsfargo
3. Bank of america
I need a bank that got good package for student
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nancyfash: 5:26am On Aug 03, 2014
Ebdib-Verbal Analysis"
I strongly agree on your verbal analysis.This also confirm one point my principal back in federal Government college always stress that you cannot make a distinction in English overnight unlike other subjects by applying a short term goal,rather its a continuous reading of books,journals,novels newspaper etc. A realistic fact is my long time friend who won the CAINE prize (African Literature Prize) few years ago,had a perfect score in SAT verbal 800/800 some many years back, 790/800 in GRE verbal and perfect score in GMAT verbal.One secret about him is that you find him reading even while taking a bottle of stout or even getting busy with his girlfriend.So really to ACE verbal just read, read and read in advance.Thanks EBDIB for the information.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Dot1(m): 5:44am On Aug 03, 2014
sammykm2030: This is a wonderful thread . I read some post and comments about going to community college in US; that it is a red flag . So going through university will be the best bet I think? My other questions are, do Embassy discriminates about age when it comes to granting visa to an undergraduate student after getting the admission and (I-20) from a university in US. Will TOEFL be enough with someone that has completed 100L studies here? Is SAT compulsory even if your school is not asking for it? Other questions will depend on the answers to these above questions. Thanks and May God bless you richly. Happy new month.
Yea, community colleges are mostly red flags but some people are lucky getting their visas with them anyway.
Most times age plays a vital role in your visa interview success. The hiatus between the time you finished secondary school & d time u want to go for ur undergraduate (UG) studies shud not be too wide tho. But conversely, u can defend that by telling d VO wot u've been doing all the years. Am saying this cos u didn't state ur age or d time u finished secondary school. I doubt if a 30 or 40 year old man can be lucky @ the embassy going for UG studies.
Some schools don't request for SAT and/or TOEFL, u won't want to tell the VO you av completed ur 1st year here. That's a red flag. But to be on a 'cruising' side try do both SAT & TOEFL, might not be for ur admission but to increase your chances of getting the Visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 6:36am On Aug 03, 2014
ridimic1:

u got pm
replied bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 03, 2014
osahons9:

Ermmm Texas A & M University college station or university of oklahoma
Ok good. Get a local sponsor.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 8:22am On Aug 03, 2014
Those of you getting LORs, note that they are only valid for one year (officially) although some schools do not mind. If you are going for fall next year, wait till next year before getting your LORs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by osahons9(m): 8:41am On Aug 03, 2014
Joenice: Ok good. Get a local sponsor.

Thankyou but no thanks. Having spoken to an immigration lawyer, he said I don't have a problem at all as long as my sponsor has sufficient funds and also the tax documents.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 8:54am On Aug 03, 2014
osahons9:

Thankyou but no thanks. Having spoken to an immigration lawyer, he said I don't have a problem at all as long as my sponsor has sufficient funds and also the tax documents.
fine!
but IF you can get a local sponsor
its an added advantage
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 03, 2014
osahons9:

Whatever! No one is doubting the credibility of your sponsor. I only focused on home ties. Most F-1 visas are issued based on home ties. I pray you get your visa. Wishing you the best of luck. Thank whoever that responded to your questions. It's all about caring and not other way round.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 03, 2014
decreamaster:
fine!
its an added advantage
He thought otherwise but it's okay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by osahons9(m): 9:27am On Aug 03, 2014
decreamaster:
fine!
its an added advantage

I understand the point but at this moment, I don't have one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by osahons9(m): 9:30am On Aug 03, 2014
Joenice: Whatever! No one is doubting the credibility of your sponsor. I only focused on home ties. Most F-1 visas are issued based on home ties. I pray you get your visa. Wishing you the best of luck. Thank whoever that responded to your questions. It's all about caring and not other way round.

Thankyou!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by thibcyrain: 10:05am On Aug 03, 2014
Hey boss,
I wanna try out my luck,i got denied on 31st,though I really don't no d reason .i posted my transcripts here but no serious response my d gurus. Everyone is advising I take I swift and next shot,before school resumes.
Pls what do I fill in my ds-160 where it says "reason why u were denied visa"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 03, 2014
thibcyrain: Hey boss,
I wanna try out my luck,i got denied on 31st,though I really don't no d reason .i posted my transcripts here but no serious response my d gurus. Everyone is advising I take I swift and next shot,before school resumes.
Pls what do I fill in my ds-160 where it says "reason why u were denied visa"
Do you really know why? If you really don't or cannot figure it out, simply write "don't know." unless the VO told you specifically why you were denied.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mystiqme: 10:22am On Aug 03, 2014
MsNas:
Oga mi sir grin Black011 is 5c per minute o. Boss Revolution is cheaper at 3.7c per minute.
Telbo is 2.8ยข/min

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ase65(f): 10:29am On Aug 03, 2014
sidraah11: [color=#000099][/color]

Please I need to send you and email,I don't knw how to use this site,my little sis wants UCO for her graduate studies ( does she have to pay any deposite of 8k)

Thanks ase65

sis, I don't know about UCO but I hope some of the gurus in the house can clarify and explain it to u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ase65(f): 10:39am On Aug 03, 2014
Rijo02: Guys please I need advise on phone line

Which service provider should I go with? How does the service providers give Internet services? How can I get the package that charge least for calls to Nigeria?
I think MsNas and others who has the experience show explain to me.
I will appreciate a great deal.
Thanks.

T-mobile is good, especially if u get like two friends together so u can do a family plan. For calls to naija I would suggest u register on rebtel. Or u can buy credits on Skype. No network would charge u less than their offer

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 10:46am On Aug 03, 2014
juntod: Those of you getting LORs, note that they are only valid for one year (officially) although some schools do not mind. If you are going for fall next year, wait till next year before getting your LORs.
from now up until when the schools start reviewing application documents is still way less than a year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ase65(f): 11:18am On Aug 03, 2014
MsNas:
Oga mi sir grin Black011 is 5c per minute o. Boss Revolution is cheaper at 3.7c per minute.

I think Skype is cheap too, it's 3c per min.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 11:19am On Aug 03, 2014
Theflint1: from now up until when the schools start reviewing application documents is still way less than a year.

Your choice. They become weaker by the day. A prof who has all the best things to say about you this year might have a different opinion next year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 03, 2014
juntod:

Your choice. They become weaker by the day. A prof who has all the best things to say about you this year might have a different opinion next year.
Hahahahaha, really?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ase65(f): 11:23am On Aug 03, 2014
Hello pls how can I schedule my visa interview for an earlier date I already requested for an expedited interview but the date I saw was Aug 19.... is der anyone who can help me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 11:31am On Aug 03, 2014
juntod:

Thanks for the caution, but I doubt if they think in those terms.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 11:36am On Aug 03, 2014
Theflint1: Thanks for the caution, but I doubt if they think in those terms.

Of course they don't. I am only advising base on the official purpose for recommendation. Most of these schools are looking for our money and won't care. Canada schools don't joke with LORs. They check these things. If you defer admission, they ask for new LORs if the old ones were submitted over 12 months. But USA schools might not bother to check that. Just my 2 cents to avoid issues.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bbdd: 11:36am On Aug 03, 2014
Is it a must to get a supervisor before applying for direct phd?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 03, 2014
bbdd: Is it a must to get a supervisor before applying for direct phd?
Is it a must to pay for SEVIS before going for your interview? cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 11:39am On Aug 03, 2014
bbdd: Is it a must to get a supervisor before applying for direct phd?

It depends on the school. For some schools, all you need do is submit your application packet and they pass it round the desk of all profs. If anyone is interested in you, he/she contacts you. Other schools insist you get a supervisor on your own before applying. In any case, it is preferable to contact profs so as to increase your chances.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 11:42am On Aug 03, 2014
Joenice: Is it a must to pay for SEVIS before going for your interview? cheesy

YES IT IS A MUST. Even if you have paid but forgot to go with your payment confirmation page, they may interview you and place you on hold until they are able to verify that you have actually paid.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Karioska(m): 11:44am On Aug 03, 2014
imperioux:

The guy in NY can get Black011 calling card for his international calls. It's cheap so far.
Telbo is the cheapest and you can install it on your mobile...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 03, 2014
juntod:

YES IT IS A MUST. Even if you have paid but forgot to go with your payment confirmation page, they may interview you and place you on hold until they are able to verify that you have actually paid.
Sorry, I was referring to the other guy. The PhD guy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 03, 2014
Karioska:
Telbo is the cheapest and you can install it on your mobile...

What about VoIP? Is it the cheapest? I really would like to know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by LoveDecay(m): 12:09pm On Aug 03, 2014
Where can i get cheap flight tickets abeg.... this thing wan burst my brain.

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.