Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,908 members, 7,872,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:57 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457009 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 8:06pm On Aug 03, 2014
Canada boy(amefrica)
You got pm sir
Pls reply sending your pin and number. Something very important I wanna talk to you about.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 03, 2014
Stewee:

During winter prices are somewhat cheaper but the risks involved are much greater... flights are cancelled cos of weather and that's when planes usually skid off runways grin
Would you pray for disaster? Probably not. For me, winter is the best time to travel and that's when you know the real niggas cheesy

You see them on jackets, trying to survive cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 8:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
Mjseun: Please is it compulsory to get a transit visa while going to Atlanta via Amsterdam (klm for you). Is it also okay to sleep in an hotel in Atlanta till the following day and take off the following day to Gainesville as that's my destination and my supervisor with other lab member need to welcome me and pick me up from the Airport during the day.

Please I need response as soon as possible.

Thanks

I don't think you need a transit visa. You might just have to chill at the airport for your connecting flight.
Yes you can chill at ATL and proceed the following day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 8:19pm On Aug 03, 2014
castrotroy80:

Am sorry the answer should be myself
and my mum

OK, just find a way to put yourself (savings from salary) and then explain your mum's role.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by castrotroy80: 8:22pm On Aug 03, 2014
Joenice: While the third, just follow what juntod said and you would be all right. Wishing you the best of luck @castrotroy80

Thanks bro, can i say this?
who is your sponsor?
Myself and my mum
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by castrotroy80: 8:23pm On Aug 03, 2014
juntod:

OK, just find a way to put yourself (savings from salary) and then explain your mum's role.
ok thanks bros
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 8:29pm On Aug 03, 2014
Joenice: Would you pray for disaster? Probably not. For me, winter is the best time to travel and that's when you know the real niggas cheesy

You see them on jackets, trying to survive cheesy

Lmao.
Ofcus I don't pray for disaster but you must understand that the risks are greater.
I'll be travelling quite often this winter but since it's just around the US and maybe Canada, i'll prolly do a road trip.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 03, 2014
castrotroy80:

Thanks bro, can i say this?
who is your sponsor?
Myself and my mum
Yes, but you need to talk more because Boston University is very expensive. I know someone who studied there. I regard Boston as a city of Professors. cheesy MIT is also there. If you get to Boston University make sure you go to MIT and make some friends.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 8:33pm On Aug 03, 2014
castrotroy80:
ok thanks bros

VO: Who is sponsoring?
YOU: Myself and my mum. Actually, a major part of my sponsorship comes from proceeds from my late father's estate which is presently managed by my mum. The estate comprises of haulage and freight services (package the transportation well my broda) for PZ, Cadbury, Wampco and Ewekoro cement as well as proceeds from real estate (landed properties).

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
Stewee:

During winter prices are somewhat cheaper but the risks involved are much greater... flights are cancelled cos of weather and that's when planes usually skid off runways grin
bro,i'd rather fly during winter and pay less..don't care if our plane skids off the run way..if it even goes missing,they go find us and we continue our flight..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 03, 2014
Stewee:

Lmao.
Ofcus I don't pray for disaster but you must understand that the risks are greater.
I'll be travelling quite often this winter but since it's just around the US and maybe Canada, i'll prolly do a road trip.
Man, you can travel by air and nothing would happen to you. I always have a positive mind whenever I'm travelling by air. Till one day, when our plane refused to land for over half and hour due to poor weather and was about to make emergency landing. I was really scared and had to pray my last prayer. I remembered my parents, brothers, sisters and friends and so on and said to God, please save me and everybody in this airplane. I cover everybody with blood of Jesus. At last, we landed safely grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 03, 2014
Joenice: Man, you can travel by air and nothing would happen to you. I always have a positive mind whenever I'm travelling by air. Till one day, when our plane refused to land for over half and hour due to poor weather and was about to make emergency landing. I was really scared and had to pray my last prayer. I remembered my parents, brothers, sisters and friends and so on and said to God, please save me and everybody in this airplane. I cover everybody with blood of Jesus. At last, we landed safely grin
Big Joe,when you travelling sef?You seem to have travelled alot.

Are you christopher columbus?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 8:49pm On Aug 03, 2014
Joenice: Man, you can travel by air and nothing would happen to you. I always have a positive mind whenever I'm travelling by air. Till one day, when our plane refused to land for over half and hour due to poor weather and was about to make emergency landing. I was really scared and had to pray my last prayer. I remembered my parents, brothers, sisters and friends and so on and said to God, please save me and everybody in this airplane. I cover everybody with blood of Jesus. At last, we landed safely grin

WOW!
You are strong willed. A very good virtue.
Little wonder winter flying appeals to you.
I'm gonna ask for a tour of the cockpit during my flight...I know they won't agree but imma try anyways.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by pixietop(m): 8:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
azeezbaba:

Thanks for your prompt response. I want them to stay with me for the entire length of the program. I have been advised earlier not to attend my F1 interview with them. So at what point will they attend their own F2 interview. I have also heard about change of status from B1/B2 to F2 but I dont know much about it.

I opened the account in April when I traveled to US. All the banker asked for was my international passport. I opened it because I do a lot of online transactions and sometimes my GTB naira mastercard was declined. So when I heard it doesn't require much to open a BOA account, i quickly opened one in Long Island, NY. So I moved all the money from my GTB account through ATM to my BOA account and I started using my BOA Visa card. I have a lot of friends in the US and whenever they want to send money to Nigeria, I simply tell them to send the money to my BOA account while I help them transfer the naira equivalent to their beneficiaries in Nigeria. I hope i have answered all your questions.

#My Opinion and Experience
I am presently in the same shoes as you(Applying for Student Visa with my wife, no kid yet) this Thursday. I believe your family is one of your strongest ties but generally for US visa applications I think you are safer applying together with them.
My Experience, a lot of people say it's easier obtaining B1/B2 visa if you have a rich travel history. I did, been out of the country 10-12 times including those "that counted" -UK,etc except US.
I applied for a B1/B2 visa alone and was rejected. I was asked just two questions, are you married? Where do you work? and I was handed my passport back. Six months later this January, I applied with my wife and the only questions we were asked was to list the countries we have visited and what i did. No other documentation checked.
I have other people with similar experiences........Just my opinion though.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 8:52pm On Aug 03, 2014
stevecrun: bro,i'd rather fly during winter and pay less..don't care if our plane skids off the run way..if it even goes missing,they go find us and we continue our flight..

Hahahahahaahhahaahha.
I'm sure you don't mean that.
Let joenice tell you his experience and you'll have a rethink.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 8:52pm On Aug 03, 2014

Same happened to me nd I almost lost my breathe.. One of The plane tires had issues.. The plane kept on roaming same arena for hours until the fuel went low.. Don't know how d issue was solved but mehn that shit scared the hell outta me embarassed ....Thank God for our souls..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 03, 2014
stevecrun: Big Joe,when you travelling sef?You seem to have travelled alot.

Are you christopher columbus?
Yes, I've traveled a lot. I will have to leave for Chicago for my masters next year. I need to plan very well. Chicago is very expensive. My friend would be coming with me. So we need to plan together. Then we need to have two beautiful ladies, grin who would be cooking for us and keep our house clean, as niggas don't have time to do house chores

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
stevecrun: bro,i'd rather fly during winter and pay less..don't care if our plane skids off the run way..if it even goes missing,they go find us and we continue our flight..
Man, please don't think about that. It's so scaring..so scaring that you might not want to take a flight in your entire life anymore. Please it's not something you can play with.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 9:20pm On Aug 03, 2014
*smh
embarassedI never even travel yet, I don dey chop advice... Na every morning my people dey advice me now embarassed cry cry

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2014
Idazbawz: *smh
embarassedI never even travel yet, I don dey chop advice... Na every morning my people dey advice me now embarassed cry cry
looolz cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by azeezbaba(m): 9:34pm On Aug 03, 2014
pixietop:

#My Opinion and Experience
I am presently in the same shoes as you(Applying for Student Visa with my wife, no kid yet) this Thursday. I believe your family is one of your strongest ties but generally for US visa applications I think you are safer applying together with them.
My Experience, a lot of people say it's easier obtaining B1/B2 visa if you have a rich travel history. I did, been out of the country 10-12 times including those "that counted" -UK,etc except US.
I applied for a B1/B2 visa alone and was rejected. I was asked just two questions, are you married? Where do you work? and I was handed my passport back. Six months later this January, I applied with my wife and the only questions we were asked was to list the countries we have visited and what i did. No other documentation checked.
I have other people with similar experiences........Just my opinion though.

I feel you. I have also seen people that were refused individually but later granted as a family. You know F1/F2 visas are almost like immigrant visas and that's why one should thread softly when it comes to applying individually or with family.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Femicrux: 9:35pm On Aug 03, 2014
Hello guys,

Can someone help me with information regarding registering for the GMAT? Are Nigerians allowed to register online with the use of credit cards?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by davidgunther: 9:37pm On Aug 03, 2014
Joenice: Yes, I've traveled a lot. I will have to leave for Chicago for my masters next year. I need to plan very well. Chicago is very expensive. My friend would be coming with me. So we need to plan together. Then we need to have two beautiful ladies, grin who would be cooking for us and keep our house clean, as niggas don't have time to do house chores

This is so wrong in every way, I wonder why some ladies will decide to turn themselves into slaves for someone they are not even married to. Smh . Well whatever rocks their boat. I'm sorry if it came out offensive or what not.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by castrotroy80: 9:39pm On Aug 03, 2014
juntod:

VO: Who is sponsoring?
YOU: Myself and my mum. Actually, a major part of my sponsorship comes from proceeds from my late father's estate which is presently managed by my mum. The estate comprises of haulage and freight services (package the transportation well my broda) for PZ, Cadbury, Wampco and Ewekoro cement as well as proceeds from real estate (landed properties).

Thanks bro, na my mum get the haulage business o no be my father.

can i say this?
As an heir to my late fathers property (like u said earlier),
I will be sponsored by myself and my mum who is into haulage and freight services for ewekoro cement, pz, wampco and cadbury, and the proceeds from the property my late father which is in her trusted care which i have a share and also savings from my salary
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
davidgunther:

This is so wrong in every way, I wonder why some ladies will decide to turn themselves into slaves for someone they are not even married to. Smh
What's your problem now? They would be happy with us. Do you think it's easy to leave your house for a girl or even give her your house keys? Do you know if we plan to marry them later? Mr Messenger.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
Joenice: Yes, I've traveled a lot. I will have to leave for Chicago for my masters next year. I need to plan very well. Chicago is very expensive. My friend would be coming with me. So we need to plan together. Then we need to have two beautiful ladies, grin who would be cooking for us and keep our house clean, as niggas don't have time to do house chores
Big Joe,i swear you too like sweet life.

Na you Kanye West sing "Goodlife" for
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 9:49pm On Aug 03, 2014
Stewee:

My brother na see we see am ooo..
Its peak perio right now so flight fares will be of the roof.

When are you expected to report to school?
the farther ahead you book and pay, the cheaper it may be.
I booked with Qatar with about 1month before departure and paid 201k to Miami. I have two stop overs in Doha and London heathrow...Plz don't ask about the wait times in between. it's the price I have to pay so I'm ready.

Oboi, you get mind ooo. Your journey go be like 50hrs oooo. Anywayz the deal is what matters.

One question please, did you get a transit visa to pass thru London to Miami?

Need to know please coz I'm heading towards that direction too. Gainesville to be precise and might want to travel thru Miami route. What I'm seeing now is from 400k upward ooo. One na even 700k and it's Economy class oo. Wetin business class go cone be o.

Please I need your response bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babbs45: 9:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
Mjseun:

Thank you very much MsNas, I'm planning to book my flight to Gainesville when I get to Atlanta. Direct flight is too expensive so wanna break it, still it's over #400k but still prefer it to paying the huge direct flight for 650k upward. Also opting for the breaking in booking incase there's a delay during departure.. so I won't miss the already paid flight from Atlanta to Gainesville.

I know it's peak period so I don't have option.

Or what do you think MsNas?

Thanks.

Dude, not sure if you've looked into bus route from Atlanta to gainsville Fl. It's about five hours ride on the greyhound bus and it cost less than fifty bucks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by osahons9(m): 9:53pm On Aug 03, 2014
ngofancy: Please is there any body out here who got admission to University of Bridgeport and has gotten his or her VISA I will like to hook up with you thanks and God bless.

I did but I'm deferring to spring 2015. NO VISA YET SHA. The school dey fear me tho. Student review of the school no just good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:53pm On Aug 03, 2014

Bad guy!

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.