Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,144 members, 7,880,589 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:47 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457594 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 5:07am On Aug 05, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Depends on the location. I suppose you obtained yours at Lagos with high record of applicants. At Enugu, you get yours that same day you apply as long as you come early for it.

The queue that heaps @ ikoyi passport office no be beans oooo..
You even pay agents in you wanna get it that day or the next day..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:36am On Aug 05, 2014
Idazbawz: 5yrs older dan u
it's folks like you who are so itchy that get into trouble the most where u going.
take it from me!
read and let it soak

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Dot1(m): 5:47am On Aug 05, 2014
sammykm2030:

Thanks brother. I'm 30yrs old and I finished my secondary school year 2000. I learned how to repair computers and photocopy machines between 2001 and 2005 after which I got my own shop and boys that are also learning under me. In a nutshell, I have been busy since when I'm out of school. Do I still stand a chance with this situation?
The fact that you are 30 doesn't portend a denial. It just makes it difficult getting the visa for undergraduate studies. I don't wanna be seen as a despondent becos on this thread we've seen some people with similar profile getting their F1. But I believe if you work hard, score great in SAT and ace TOEFL, then get into a good school, your chances will be made better.
Furthermore, I think you need a good reason or reasons to convince the VO that you are a genuine student. Cos 2000 is 14yrs ago. The 'interstice' in time is too much. I think thatz d biggest thing u need to work on when going for ur interview.
With prayers, hardwork and resilience, everything is possible. So, kick it off bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 6:15am On Aug 05, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Depends on the location. I suppose you obtained yours at Lagos with high record of applicants. At Enugu, you get yours that same day you apply as long as you come early for it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by azeezbaba(m): 6:30am On Aug 05, 2014
@Bigfrancis,

Am I on point if I answer the following question like this?

VO: How did you know about the school?
Me: I made my research on the internet using USNEWS.COM, COLLEGEBOARD.ORG and the school's website after my friend who schools in North Carolina too told me about the school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 7:00am On Aug 05, 2014
Goodday friends.
All my document are ready for the embassy except the company bank statement which I will collect today by God's grace when I get to the company.
The company sponsoring me on scholarship (Bleep ltd) gave me the photocopies of their CAC documents, photocopies of tax clearance document and photocopies of certificate of incorporation of the company.
When I requested for the originals, my boss said that the company don't release the originals to anybody or organisation, that its the company's private document.
Any contract that they wanna do with any other company or organisation or even the Nigerian court of law/lagos state govt., that its the photocopies of the company documents they submit, my case with the US embassy will not be different.
My question now is:
Is it suitable to go to the embassy with these photocopies?
Pls, I need your input soon as my interview is fast approaching.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 05, 2014
domex007: Goodday friends.
All my document are ready for the embassy except the company bank statement which I will collect today by God's grace when I get to the company.
The company sponsoring me on scholarship (Bleep ltd) gave me the photocopies of their CAC documents, photocopies of tax clearance document and photocopies of certificate of incorporation of the company.
When I requested for the originals, my boss said that the company don't release the originals to anybody or organisation, that its the company's private document.
Any contract that they wanna do with any other company or organisation or even the Nigerian court of law/lagos state govt., that its the photocopies of the company documents they submit, my case with the US embassy will not be different.
My question now is:
Is it suitable to go to the embassy with these photocopies?
Pls, I need your input soon as my interview is fast approaching.
Thanks.
Yes it is. If the embassy wants to confirm, they could put you on AP. You've got nothing to be afraid of. Wishing you the best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 7:28am On Aug 05, 2014
Hello house!
Can I use the same passport photograph I used
for my previous interview on 18 december?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 7:29am On Aug 05, 2014
Joenice: Yes it is. If the embassy wants to confirm, they could put you on AP. You've got nothing to be afraid of. Wishing you the best of luck.

Thanks brother!
I won't even be placed on AP..
My visa interview is as straight as expressway through Christ our Lord.
Amen.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 7:30am On Aug 05, 2014
domex007: Hello house!
Can I use the same passport photograph I used for my previous interview on 18 december?

Of course yes bro, they wouldn't expect you to change passport photograph every interview na.. Changing passport photograph has nothing to do with granting visa..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 7:55am On Aug 05, 2014
sapienman:

Wow! Only three hours, that's great.

Exactly what office was it? Immigrations or what...just wanna be sure.

Thanks.

in Abj, 16k - 18k widin 3 hrs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 8:01am On Aug 05, 2014
Can I use the same passport photograph I used for my previous interview on 18 december?

Yes you can.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by luckyluciano77: 8:04am On Aug 05, 2014
Boom!

Was just given visa some minutes ago.
Thank God!

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 05, 2014
luckyluciano77: Boom!

Thank God!
Lucky luciano the american mobster..welcome to America and welcome to the league
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 8:10am On Aug 05, 2014

Thank God!
congrats bro, happy for u...oya ur transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 8:12am On Aug 05, 2014

Thank God!

LOL!
Congratulations!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 8:24am On Aug 05, 2014

Thank God!

Congrats the lucky man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by timodam4real: 8:31am On Aug 05, 2014
CONGRATS....TRANSCRIPT PLEASE

Thank God!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by winbyforce: 8:45am On Aug 05, 2014
Can I use the same passport photograph I used
for my previous interview on 18 december?
I think it's best to get a passport photo that is not more than 6months old.Please take a new photo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 8:52am On Aug 05, 2014

Thank God!
Gracious GOD!!!
Am seriously happy for u my dear
Kindly post ur transcript for others to learn from.
Welcome on board
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by castrotroy80: 9:00am On Aug 05, 2014

Thank God!
Congrats luckyluciano,
oya wey your trancript?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by luckyluciano77: 9:02am On Aug 05, 2014
VO: so u want to attend university of louisiana?
Me: Yes
VO: how did you get to know about the school?
ME: I did some Internet research when I finally decided to get an MBA then I came across a US news and world report rankings, so I shortlisted about 6 schools and applied to 3.
V.O: Ok, so what do u do now?
Me: I work with xxxx bank Plc

VO: for how long?
Me: over 2 years now

VO: as what?
Me: Relationship Manager

VO: what exactly are ur roles
Me: setting up meeting wiv prospective customers, mobilising for deposit...... bla bla bla

VO: ok
VO: so you took the GMAT?
Me: No, I took the GRE

VO: what school did u graduate from?
Me: University of Ibadan
VO: what course
Me: computer science
VO: ok. Can I see ur degree cert and ur GRE result?
Me: I don't have my certificate yet Buh I have a notification of result
VO: ok lemme see them

He looks at it and passes dem back to me.
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: my dad
VO: what does he do
Me: he owns a digital studio.
VO: what do they do there
Me: they make radio jingles and TV adverts.
VO:ok. Pick up ur visa bla bla bla

He didn't even chech the statements or admission letter or any other stupid thing

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 9:10am On Aug 05, 2014
shidoshi:
it's folks like you who are so itchy that get into trouble the most where u going.
take it from me!
read and let it soak
chill, do I know you?? undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bbdd: 9:14am On Aug 05, 2014
luckyluciano77: VO: so u want to attend university of louisiana?
ME: I did some Internet research when I finally decided to get an MBA then I came across a US news and world report rankings, so I shortlisted about 6 schools and applied to 3.

Me: setting up meeting wiv prospective customers, mobilising for deposit...... bla bla bla

He didn't even chech the statements or admission letter or any other stupid thing

Great uite
Congrats.
Even with statement of result you got your visa
May God give other applicants favor.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by castrotroy80: 9:17am On Aug 05, 2014
bbdd:

Great uite
Congrats.
Even with statement of result you got your visa
May God give other applicants favor.

Amennnnnn

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 05, 2014

Congrats man. You're so lucky. If it's meant to be, then it's meant to be. Again, anyone going to the embassy with California State University, should not hesitate to take his or her transcripts please. May God bless you all!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 9:22am On Aug 05, 2014
luckyluciano77
Congratulations..... welcome onboard cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 9:34am On Aug 05, 2014

Thank God!

Boom!
Congrats Mr boom (lool) enjoy america.
Going to get mine soon too..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 9:48am On Aug 05, 2014
Stewee:

Yes you can.

Okay, thanks..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tommgirl(f): 10:03am On Aug 05, 2014

Thank God!
Congrat dear,have a safe trip 2 Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 10:09am On Aug 05, 2014

You did well with your first question.
VO's like to hear you had a lot of schools to apply to.Makes you look like a very serios student that knows what he/she wants.
VO's wana see that you can function independently and effectively.

Congrats again bro!

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.