Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,443 members, 7,978,405 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:59 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (462245 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 10:28am On Nov 07, 2013
Phder:
Seattle is not in New York, it's in Washington. Comparing New York to Washington is just like comparing Abuja to Lagos, lagos = Seattle. (that's the closest comparison). Your friend should put the weather into consideration, NY enjoys more sun than Seattle (it rains a lot).
You need extra "fifteenhundred" (1500USD) to live the same life style you live in Seattle in New York.
@Imperiouxx dragged me here. *un-follow thread*

My question is seattle in washington and virginia which is cheaper?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 10:29am On Nov 07, 2013
bigfrancis21: Breaking News: News reaching me live from the Lagos embassy says that another of our honourable members, Babsharon has gotten his visa approved today!!!

Congratulations Babs! You did it!
Yes ooooooooo, osu boy no dey carry last. congrat to my main man BABSHARON. Welcome to AMERICA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by WHIZBRO(m): 11:06am On Nov 07, 2013
Congratulations to Nomso and Kunlebal.

@godG, sorry about your withdrawn TOEFL, Afe Babalola centre is a cesspool of corruption. Your next TOEFL is on me, come to my office or PM me your details (as I promised on my other thread). You are a good guy and you deserve the best.

As for prospective GRE students, do yourself a favor and write in Ghana. Last time I checked they had Mon - Wed from now till December. Minimize costs by balkanizing your Journey.... You'll spend less than 7k to Ghana. Get hostels @ Tudu instead of an hotel, it will cut cost.

Finally, should Nigerian TOEFL centres be reopened, avoid Ibadan centres like plague, Trust me I know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 11:07am On Nov 07, 2013
I use walspring, nomso27 and babsharon as a point of contact to every other person going to the embassy this month, that all we deserve is success and visa. I hope to share my soon. God is in control.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 07, 2013
Tochium:

My question is seattle in washington and virginia which is cheaper?
Sorry, I've never lived in Virginia. The cost of living would be almost the same thing though, if there would be any difference, Virginia would be cheaper.
Peace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by winbyforce: 11:51am On Nov 07, 2013
Congratulations to Nomso and babsharon!!! Enjoy your USA guys! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babsharon(m): 12:01pm On Nov 07, 2013
Allah Speak For Me
My appreciation goes to my good friends and other members of dis thread. Shout out to Big Francis he has been good to me since we know each other, Kunlebal my course mate in OOU, D finest boi in New Mexico( Imperiouxx), MS-Nas, Webstrademus, Winbyforce Prof. Ojap I hail, Amefrica,Ricky Baba I sight u shocked , Olarwaley my good guy and d rest of our thread members, d sky is our limit and always go to Embassy with faith.

My appointment was 7:30am , I encountered issues with d security so they told me to go and join d queue at d back again but i know my God is with me always.
Those VO are not smiling today, and when it get to my turn i was called @ counter 5.

Me: Good Morning Sir
VO: Good Morning
VO: Where are you going in d u.s?
Me: Am going to TTU, Cookeville
VO: How do u know about d school?
Me: I got to know about d school at a conference i attended sometimes 2012 where one of their resources person was among d speaker and he
made mentioned d school and i went back online and did some research, from my finding i see that is a school where i can pursue my MBA.
VO: Did you take any standard test and let me see your transcript?
Me: Yes I did, i took GRE
VO: Let me see it
Me: I showed him
VO: So u test GRE twice?
Me: I said YES Sir, because i was ill during my first attempt so my score was low, so i had to retake it and ace it.
VO: Where do you stay?
Me: I stay @ orile and my office is @ Ikoyi
VO: When did you graduate and school?
Me: I finished in 2009
VO: What have you been doing since then?
Me: I went for my NYSC between year 2010 to 2011, so i joined Bleep Ent.where i served for a year and a month and later joined my present coy
early last year.
VO: What is your Undergraduate course?
Me: I read Accounting
VO: Who will sponsor u?
Me: My dad
VO: What does he do?
Me: He is a financial consultant and also owns an estate firm, he handles project for Mr. Biggs( Big lie) grin
VO: Did u have any letter that back it up that he can sponsor u?
Me: Yes Sir
VO: Can i see it?
Me: I showed him an affivavit of sponsor and he said what about your bank statement and i gave it to him. He keep on checking and he ask
again, what does your sponsor do? I said he is a financial consultant and also manage an estate firm.
VO: What is your ambition after your program?
Me: On graduation, I have d intention of coming back to my present place of work to take up a strategic managerial position. D VO cut me off
from there and tell me u can pick your Visa @ bla bla bla bla

I no even hear d rest again.
More success to come . Please just b calm and don' t be panic.

I love u all

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 07, 2013
Congrats babsharon! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 12:13pm On Nov 07, 2013
babsharon: Allah Speak For Me
My appreciation goes to my good friends and other members of dis thread. Shout out to Big Francis he has been good to me since we know each other, Kunlebal my course mate in OOU, D finest boi in New Mexico( Imperiouxx), MS-Nas, Webstrademus, Winbyforce Prof. Ojap I hail, Amefrica,Ricky Baba I sight u shocked , Olarwaley my good guy and d rest of our thread members, d sky is our limit and always go to Embassy with faith.

I love u all

Thank you Lord, we made it to obamaland

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2013

My appointment was 7:30am , I encountered issues with d security so they told me to go and join d queue at d back again but i know my God is with me always.
Those VO are not smiling today, and when it get to my turn i was called @ counter 5.

Me: I got to know about d school at a conference i attended sometimes 2012 where one of their resources person was among d speaker and he
made mentioned d school and i went back online and did some research, from my finding i see that is a school where i can pursue my MBA.
Me: I said YES Sir, because i was ill during my first attempt so my score was low, so i had to retake it and ace it.
Me: I went for my NYSC between year 2010 to 2011, so i joined Bleep Ent.where i served for a year and a month and later joined my present coy
early last year.
Me: He is a financial consultant and also owns an estate firm, he handles project for Mr. Biggs( Big lie) grin
Me: I showed him an affivavit of sponsor and he said what about your bank statement and i gave it to him. He keep on checking and he ask
again, what does your sponsor do? I said he is a financial consultant and also manage an estate firm.
Me: On graduation, I have d intention of coming back to my present place of work to take up a strategic managerial position. D VO cut me off

I love u all

Congrats bro..... I hope to smile like you soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 12:46pm On Nov 07, 2013

Those VO are not smiling today, and when it get to my turn i was called @ counter 5

I love u all
I woke up and saw this!!
Babsharon of Life! Alhamdulilah. Congrats o. So happy for you mehn, you deserved it cool
I might come visit you in TX during Christmas break as Imperiouxx no gree come AR again grin
Congratulations!!!!!!

Back to sleep
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 12:47pm On Nov 07, 2013
Kofsy, I see you. Wassup? wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 12:50pm On Nov 07, 2013
WHIZBRO: Congratulations to Nomso and Kunlebal.

@godG, sorry about your withdrawn TOEFL, Afe Babalola centre is a cesspool of corruption. Your next TOEFL is on me, come to my office or PM me your details (as I promised on my other thread). You are a good guy and you deserve the best.

As for prospective GRE students, do yourself a favor and write in Ghana. Last time I checked they had Mon - Wed from now till December. Minimize costs by balkanizing your Journey.... You'll spend less than 7k to Ghana. Get hostels @ Tudu instead of an hotel, it will cut cost.

Finally, should Nigerian TOEFL centres be reopened, avoid Ibadan centres like plague, Trust me I know.

I think the sentence in bold is just so important for prospective test takers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 12:54pm On Nov 07, 2013

...More success to come . Please just b calm and don' t be panic.

I love u all

Congrats! You should drink (not necessarily alcohol) responsibly to that grin. May The Good Great Lord always give you reasons to celebrate. In America, go, defy the extraordinary! We love youtube too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 1:06pm On Nov 07, 2013
WHIZBRO: Congratulations to Nomso and Kunlebal.

nice one bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by seeker88(m): 1:26pm On Nov 07, 2013
congratulations to kunle, nomso24 and babsharon.... I'm very happy for all of you.
It will get to our (fall 2014 aspirants) turn to share such wonderful testimonies.
So is Ghana d only option available to those who wish to write their GRE now, or is there any hope of re-opening the Naija centres
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by winbyforce: 1:32pm On Nov 07, 2013
Viewing this topic: seeker88, ebdib, Ms Nas(f), Adroitbabz and 1 guest(s)

Ms Nas:
I woke up and saw this!!
Babsharon of Life! Alhamdulilah.

Back to sleep
Ms Nas,
I thot you don go back to sleep undecided the excitement in the house today is too much se? grin grin me too no fit sleep siesta grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by seeker88(m): 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2013
winbyforce:
Viewing this topic: seeker88, ebdib, Ms Nas(f), Adroitbabz and 1 guest(s)

It's worth viewing bro, lots of excitement in here..

grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 2:29pm On Nov 07, 2013
Hello guys,
My gre and toefl have been rescheduled (nov 16th and 18th respectively) to Linear Assessment in ghana, thanks to you guys. Pls how do travel down and considerably minimize my spending in terms of the fare and accomodation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Dot1(m): 2:38pm On Nov 07, 2013
Congratz to; Kunulebal, Nomso27 & Babsharon on ur Americanvisa approval. All d best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Dot1(m): 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ashigolo: Hello guys,
My gre and toefl have been rescheduled (nov 16th and 18th respectively) to Linear Assessment in ghana, thanks to you guys. Pls how do travel down and considerably minimize my spending in terms of the fare and accomodation
My gre is 17th. I calld ABC transport & was told bus travel to gh is 8900 but return is like 15,800 or dere abt. I go meet u 4 ghana be dat. Any1 travellin same route, same day (16th) shud holla
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olarwarlay(m): 2:48pm On Nov 07, 2013
WOW! Do y'all know why i ain't surprised at all the success stories trooping in?. Because we started this part with prayers and well wishes.

I foresee this thread becoming greater and more popular than we all think it would be very soon. Today is Thursday and we have 3 testimonies already.... God doesn't leave or forsake His own people. We believe in His favour and that is why we all keep prospering.

If you have not gotten your visa yet maybe for one reason or the other, just hold on to the faith. The Lord that has been looking down on the members of this thread with favour will surely have mercy on you soon. Remember, God's timing is different from our's but when He says it's your time, nothing can stop it from coming to pass.

To those that have their interviews coming soon, don't fret, pray without ceasing, keep asking for that Unmerited Favor and you will come out of the embassy smiling on that day.

I appreciate and love y'all in this Familythread... God Bless Us all, Amen!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 2:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
godG:

Congrats! You should drink (not necessarily alcohol) responsibly to that grin. May The Good Great Lord always give you reasons to celebrate. In America, go, defy the extraordinary! We love youtube too.
Hehehe, nice one, Sir...has ETS finished their "administrative analysis"? Because your result is too good to be thrown down the drain.

Babsharon, Kunlebal and Nomso, Una testimonies don show say GOD dey, Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2013
Thanks Dot1, pls give me any ABC contact no u have coz I'll be leaving next week thur (14th) and also, where did u get your yellow fever card from?...I stay around Iyana Iba...Please send me your no as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by WHIZBRO(m): 3:08pm On Nov 07, 2013
I'll try and summarize it, every other person should subsequently refer to this.
To minimize your Spending, balkanise or break it down, Instead of paying 13k with an extra 5k for fresh passport to YSG or more than that to ABC.

PHASE 1. Mile 2 - Seme .... From mile 2, take a bus going to seme, #300 or #400 on a bad day. You'll be dropped @ a ConOil filling station, from there take a bike across the border. #500 to #1,000.

IMPORTANT - Do not stamp your passport if you are not boxed up, first stamping will bankrupt you + you'll be required to take a yellow fever card(1k) and they will mark the Yellow fever card @ Benin side for another 1k bringing your total expense at that spot to over 4k. (You will wish you had paid ABC that 20k initially)
However there are bikemen that take u over the border for 500-1k without stamping, do not stamp if you can't afford it, it doesn't count @ the centre, embassy, anywhere.

PHASE 2. Seme - Aflao (Togo/Ghana Border).
(Amount spent so far 800-1400).
Now is a good time to change your money, My advice change 4k to CFA, that's about 12kCFA. Make sure you change at the Cotonou park, not before or after.
Take a Car going to Aflao for 5k to 6k CFA (#2k), adjust and plug your ears, you are going to be on the road for the next 3 hours.
Soon enough you'll be @ Hillacondji ( Benin/Togo) border, bring out 1k CFA out of your money and settle 500CFA at both sides and go back into your car.
Buy La Casera, Gala, Fried turkey( I relish that) you have an hour journey left.
Before you know it, you'll be @ Aflao at the Togo/Ghana border or Frontiere as the French call it.

PHASE 3.- Aflao(Togo) - Aflao(Ghana).
*amount expended thus far ( 900-1400 + 7kCFA(#2350). Roughly. #3700.

Go into the Car Park, you'll find cabs that cross you to Ghana side for 2k CFA. Pay and they'll take you to the other side. Pay a bike 500CFA to take you to Aflao car-park where you take Accra bus.

PHASE 4. Aflao - Accra

Now you are within Ghana, eye those big Ghanian behinds....sssshhhhh, hold yourself you're here for an exam.

*amount expended (between 4200-4700) naira.

Simply locate the nearest AC bus, pay him 12 cedis or 1000 naira or 3k cedis anf off you go to Accra.

PHASE 5 (Within Accra).
All buses stop @ Tudu, look for a Nigerian driver, promise to go with him on your return journey and ask for a hostel, there is one right there in Tudu , down the GTB street, Accra Poly road, cost 5 cedis per nite (less than 500 naira) per day. It is neat enough, I've stayed there.

PHASE 6 (Locating the centre)

Do not take a cab from tudu to the centre, I repeat do not take a cab. They will know you are a JJC and you will be billed accordingly.
Simply ask for TOTAL HOUSE, it is very trekkable. Linear assesment(GRE/TOEFL) is in that building and for people writing TOEFL in other centres in Ghana (Ghana International School and Waec). The Standard fare is 4-5 cedis, pls don't get scammed.

Conclusion - On the overall, a roundtrip to Accra with feeding and 5 bottle of beer and 1 Kasapreko Alomo( they make it there) should not cost more than 20k. I have tried it a gazillion times, ferrying numerous examination candidates across the border.

If u have any question, drop a comment here or a PM, it will be replied. BTW, keep praying for the restoration of TOEFL and GRE to Nigeria.

Goodluck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 3:37pm On Nov 07, 2013

early last year.

I love u all

way to go, congrats again. . . . . cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 3:39pm On Nov 07, 2013
^ ^ ^
Whizbro,
I don't know about TOEFL been cancelled, I thought it was only GRE. My TOEFL exam is this saturday and my ETS account confirmed that the exam is still going as scheduled
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by seeker88(m): 3:54pm On Nov 07, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 4:04pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ashigolo: Hello guys,

Congratulations.

How did you finally do it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 4:05pm On Nov 07, 2013
winbyforce: Congratulations to Nomso and babsharon!!! Enjoy your USA guys! smiley

thanks bro,
@whizbro thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babbs45: 4:14pm On Nov 07, 2013
imperiouxx:

Seattle should be in Washington state. Seattle is where there is that tall structure.

The space needle.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2013

To bashorun (don't tell me that's not you today),

Cheers bro! you deserve it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (501)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.