Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,058 members, 7,980,764 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 02:10 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (462364 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 12:34pm On Nov 08, 2013
De Tus: @Rick Ross, Ojap might be an immigration man or something very close to that. U never can tell:-) In this world, anything can happen. I have seen someone who entered Europe from Oceania without a passport. That's why i always pay attention or observe whenever someone is saying something interesting or special:-)
OjaP? Immigration Man? cheesy cheesy cheesy Dude you got jokes grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 12:37pm On Nov 08, 2013
flynbird:

Oh! What I've been clicking on was employment for lecturing kind of work. I didn't know there's anything like student career center. Going through the website i just found out there's a career office on campus and they have a link on the website where I'll sign in with my student ID. But I've tried to login and it wouldn't go through. Hope its not restricted to only those that have spent at least 2 semesters. I'll have to call them to find out.
I don't think it's restricted. I registered with my school's career services even before I left Nigeria. Did you try registering with the portal before you tried logging in? Either way, they should have an office on campus. You might just pop into their office and see what they got for you.
flynbird:

No I haven't been to the library or cafeteria.
Check those two places, you have a chance of finding something there. wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by chikenjoku1yah: 2:28pm On Nov 08, 2013
my name is chike,,I want to pay for my sevis fee and dnt no hw to do that,,could anyone pls help me on hw to pay d sevis fee is vry urgent pls!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 2:32pm On Nov 08, 2013
chikenjoku1@yah:
my name is chike,,I want to pay for my sevis fee and dnt no hw to do that,,could anyone pls help me on hw to pay d sevis fee is vry urgent pls!
you can pay it in Eco bank at Cotonou or through somebody in america
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by UNIXLover(m): 2:45pm On Nov 08, 2013
guys,
una weldone,,, how do we now take toefl exams.. i cant see any date online.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ayobrain1: 3:03pm On Nov 08, 2013
Hello house, this is Ayo. I would like to know, if I can use the printed version of my I-20 sent to me from the school via email, for my F-1 visa interview?
Many thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 08, 2013
@nas...lol that's detention after class for calling me a dude:-)Are u going to stare at my profile all day?:-) I guess becoming a comedian is the next logical step. Oh yeah i've got a good sense of humor and i used to be indecisive but now i'm not too sure:-)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
@Ayo, absolutely not. Imagine what a pain in the ass it would be if you're kicked out of the embassy by the security guards:-) hardcopy is absolutely needed. No photocopies:-)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
ayobrain1: Hello house, this is Ayo. I would to know, if I can use the printed version of my I-20 sent to me from the school for my F-1 visa interview?
Many thanks.

Hell to the NO!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 3:16pm On Nov 08, 2013
ayobrain1: Hello house, this is Ayo. I would to know, if I can use the printed version of my I-20 sent to me from the school for my F-1 visa interview?
Many thanks.

Printed version?

I hope it is NOT a scanned copy of the i-20 sent to your email which you intend printing out. If so, then i'm afraid you CANNOT use that kind of printed version of your i-20 for your visa interview.

You need the ORIGINAL COPY, which will be sent to you by either Air Mail/Regular Mail OR through a courier service like FedEx, EMS, TNT, DHL e.t.c

But, if you meant your i-20 was sent to you by your school through Regular mail, or Courier, YES, you can use it for your F-1 visa interview..

That is the ORIGINAL COPY. Which boldly shows the biro ink of your school official's signature.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by flynbird(f): 3:54pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ms Nas:
I don't think it's restricted. I registered with my school's career services even before I left Nigeria. Did you try registering with the portal before you tried logging in? Either way, they should have an office on campus. You might just pop into their office and see what they got for you.

Check those two places, you have a chance of finding something there. wink

Okay dear, I'll check. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 6:20pm On Nov 08, 2013
Congratulations Bashorun Babsharon and Nomso. Welcome to Obamaland grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 6:53pm On Nov 08, 2013
I am really infuriated by the system of my school right now. The classes for Spring term are now posted on the e-learning but what they do is to randomize the time slot when students can enroll for classes. The core courses classes are filling up quickly and yet, I still have to wait for my enrollment time before I can register for classes sad. like seriously... I just feel for the incoming Spring applicants as they might be left with remnants cry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 7:14pm On Nov 08, 2013

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by WHIZBRO(m): 7:28pm On Nov 08, 2013
@Idalex
I did not get your PM, resend it.

@dolapobello1
Don't disturb yourself, that TOEFL and GRE centre will be gone for a long time, I can categorically tell you every Nigerian centre perpetuates exam fraud. And last thursday @ First Logic 10 people out of a total of 15 test takers were caught impersonating on the GRE. The prometric examiners were shocked.

@UNIXlover

Put your TOEFL in Benin or try to read my previous posts on this thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 7:38pm On Nov 08, 2013
WHIZBRO: @Idalex
I did not get your PM, resend it.

@dolapobello1
Don't disturb yourself, that TOEFL and GRE centre will be gone for a long time , I can categorically tell you every Nigerian centre perpetuates exam fraud. And last thursday @ First Logic 10 people out of a total of 15 test takers were caught impersonating on the GRE. The prometric examiners were shocked.

@UNIXlover

Put your TOEFL in Benin or try to read my previous posts on this thread.

Let him disturb himself... smiley Fine! the decision had been taken but we can't just fold our arms like we aint worried about it. This kinda measure could expedite rescinding their decision but am afraid even if they do, the test scrutiny might be much more intense in Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by FutureDon(m): 8:37pm On Nov 08, 2013
To those looking to take an English test ONLY, you might want to consider taking IELTS-Academic instead. However, it is important to check with your prospective schools whether (or not) it is acceptable in lieu of TOEFL.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by WHIZBRO(m): 8:50pm On Nov 08, 2013
The fact as far as examination integrity cannot be guaranteed, Nigeria will never smell another TOEFL or GRE centre, It is so worse that the whole system stinks, TOEFL and GRE mercenaries is a potent part of the Nigeria Labour force (Thousands of young men and women are involved). The examination supervisors or auditors as we call them are as corrupt as the centre they supervise.
The reward for corruption is high, that's why another centre cannot hold its integrity, TOEFL pays centres $25 per test, runs pays as high as 100 to 150k per test, They become millionaires in a matter of weeks.
First Logic was the most trusted in Nigeria and of the most trusted in Africa, they had live CCTV feedback to Prometric and it still did not stop them from cheating. Nigeria, China and India give ETS serious headaches and amongst them, Nigeria is the most expendable, 50% of them register with Scam cards anyway.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 9:34pm On Nov 08, 2013
WHIZBRO: The fact as far as examination integrity cannot be guaranteed, Nigeria will never smell another TOEFL or GRE centre, It is so worse that the whole system stinks, TOEFL and GRE mercenaries is a potent part of the Nigeria Labour force (Thousands of young men and women are involved). The examination supervisors or auditors as we call them are as corrupt as the centre they supervise.
The reward for corruption is high, that's why another centre cannot hold its integrity, TOEFL pays centres $25 per test, runs pays as high as 100 to 150k per test, They become millionaires in a matter of weeks.
First Logic was the most trusted in Nigeria and of the most trusted in Africa, they had live CCTV feedback to Prometric and it still did not stop them from cheating. Nigeria, China and India give ETS serious headaches and amongst them, Nigeria is the most expendable, 50% of them register with Scam cards anyway.

This is serious. China and India I know very well but not until I got here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 9:37pm On Nov 08, 2013
lisadem: Congratulations Bashorun Babsharon and Nomso. Welcome to Obamaland grin

cheesy thanks sis, which state are you ? Do u get to see african dishes ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by winbyforce: 9:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
WHIZBRO: The fact as far as examination integrity cannot be guaranteed, Nigeria will never smell another TOEFL or GRE centre, It is so worse that the whole system stinks, TOEFL and GRE mercenaries is a potent part of the Nigeria Labour force (Thousands of young men and women are involved). The examination supervisors or auditors as we call them are as corrupt as the centre they supervise.
Corruption has eaten deep into our lives and the innocent ones suffer the consequences as well. Honesty remains the best policy. cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by WHIZBRO(m): 9:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
Those chinese are worse + they have money, It is not unusual to have a 'flyer'(the name they are called) travel from 3000 miles to another region within China to take the test.... Beijing and Shanghai don cast, I don't even want to get started on India, they also have a national culture of corruption, not unlike Nigeria.

Anyway, Sorry to those affected, Register to test @ Cotonou, Benin Republic. You need description of the centres, ask, If u follow those mumu centre address for the admission ticket, bros u go suffer.

Anyway, My wakawaka has carried to nearly all centres in Africa. What am I ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by FutureDon(m): 10:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
WHIZBRO: Anyway, My wakawaka has carried to nearly all centres in Africa. What am I ?

ETS examination coordinator for Africa grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walecrsyler: 10:09pm On Nov 08, 2013
honourable house. pls i need everyone's opinion on this.
I made my sevis fee payment thru xxxx on monday 4th of nov. I was told i would be able to print out my receipt from fmjfee.com in 3 working days. I have trying to print out my receipt but it keeps telling me Record not found. I called Bleep office today and they said the payment has been made n i wld be able to print before the end of today bt i just checked it still says the same thing - Record not found. Im confused n bothered as my interview comes up early nxt week. Pls wat do u guys advise i do. Will i be allowed into the embassy without the receipt? Can the vo verify online if i have truely paid? Can the interview be conducted without the receipt,i still have the receipt i used in paying thru Bleep Pls let me knw what you people think. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ikaboy: 10:09pm On Nov 08, 2013
hello house, i was denied F1 visa last year. i suspect it was cos of the fact that i have a sister domiciled in the US. i have another appointment, and have denied the fact in my ds160 form and will do same physically if the VO ask. Please any implication?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 10:29pm On Nov 08, 2013
ikaboy: hello house, i was denied F1 visa last year. i suspect it was cos of the fact that i have a sister domiciled in the US. i have another appointment, and have denied the fact in my ds160 form and will do same physically if the VO ask. Please any implication?

is she ur blood sister ? If so she might hv filled something dat connects u both during her travel on her ds-160. Since u've said otherwise@interviews nd dey denied u, u might wanna say d truth, but mk sure u say wat u hv already stated on ur ds-160 o!. . .

Gurus will explain better.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 10:30pm On Nov 08, 2013
ikaboy: hello house, i was denied F1 visa last year. i suspect it was cos of the fact that i have a sister domiciled in the US. i have another appointment, and have denied the fact in my ds160 form and will do same physically if the VO ask. Please any implication?

is she ur blood sister ? If so she might hv filled something dat connects u both during her travel on her ds-160. Since u've said otherwise@interviews nd dey denied u, u might wanna say d truth, but mk sure u say wat u hv already stated on ur ds-160 o!. . .

My 2cents tho. .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ikaboy: 10:49pm On Nov 08, 2013
nomso27:

My 2cents tho. .

Yes, she is my blood sister. she is married and a citizen. My just competed ds160 is indicating that i dont have a sibling in the US. and if the vo ask. i intend telling him that i used to have but she has since returned to Nigeria.

Guys please advise. Gurus the boss, are u there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by WHIZBRO(m): 11:01pm On Nov 08, 2013
@Samnoah, sorry o, no be me cause am o, suppose say I dey do runs na Range Rover Sport I for dey use like Mack IV. Anyway reschedule it to Benin or Ghana (if u have GRE). You can ride with me on any weekend. 2mao na Cotonou I dey go. Fix and holla me

Where is godG? U get that package with me.

Lol @ exam coordinator for Africa.... Got more miles than a 1972 SEAT... That is what I drive

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (501)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.