Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,076 members, 7,980,828 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 06:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (462379 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 1:05am On Nov 10, 2013
ikaboy: Hello Gurus! my appointment is for November 26th and my passport is to expire on the 7th June, 2014. I hope using the passport will fly?

Yes provided you will fly before January 2014.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 3:46am On Nov 10, 2013
ikaboy: Hello Gurus! my appointment is for November 26th and my passport is to expire on the 7th June, 2014. I hope using the passport will fly?
Dec-June to my best of knowledge is 7months and Usa rules says, don't bring passport that will expired in 6months time to the embassy.
NOTE:
If you didn't travel before january 2014, there will be a problem at POE. So I will advice you either to renew in nigeria or travel in december.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 4:18am On Nov 10, 2013
chikenjoku1@yah:
Pls I have a problem is vry impt someone shld help me now for Gods sake,,,my passport wil expire before my expected stay as written in my I 20. My passport wil expire on 18 sep 2016 but my I20 is 16 dec 2016. Am going for my bachelors degree and I've booked appointment already I jus found out abt dis in d USA visa site. And the site said that ur passport shld be atleast 6months beyond ur ur expected length of stay. Omg! Pls someone shld help me

You have nothing to worry about. You did not understand the clause, it says you should make sure your passport has at least 6months validity.

All the best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 4:27am On Nov 10, 2013

That's no problem, your passport has more than 6months before it expires. All you need to do now is to go tidy up all your documents and get prepared for your interview, you can always renew you passport at the Nigerian Embassy in US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 5:35am On Nov 10, 2013
Imperiouxx, I sent u PM. Pls kindly check and reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 6:15am On Nov 10, 2013
Happy Sunday to you all,
To my people that will be going for there visa interviews this week, favour will locate everyone of you in jesus name. Peace
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 6:22am On Nov 10, 2013
Pls what website do I use for tracking Nipost Registered Mail?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 7:19am On Nov 10, 2013
kunlebal: Happy Sunday to you all,
To my people that will be going for there visa interviews this week, favour will locate everyone of you in jesus name. Peace

Amen...!!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 7:20am On Nov 10, 2013
kunlebal: Happy Sunday to you all,
Amen and Amen!

Does anyone here have any information regarding the IELTS exam?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babsharon(m): 7:31am On Nov 10, 2013
Tochium: Pls what website do I use for tracking Nipost Registered Mail?
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babsharon(m): 7:43am On Nov 10, 2013
Graviton: Amen and Amen!

Does anyone here have any information regarding the IELTS exam?
You can only take the exam in their Lagos centre which is BRITISH COUNCIL IKOYI and it has 4 part just like TOEFL and I think the average pass mark is around 5.5 or 6.0 of each section.
The cost of the exam is just 35k and you can easily do the registration yourself without using an Agent. It is preferable †̥o take IELTS test here if the school can waive it for TOEFL and I know must schools do that once you мαкє enquiry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 10:03am On Nov 10, 2013
babsharon:
You can only take the exam in their Lagos centre which is BRITISH COUNCIL IKOYI and it has 4 part just like TOEFL and I think the average pass mark is around 5.5 or 6.0 of each section.
The cost of the exam is just 35k and you can easily do the registration yourself without using an Agent. It is preferable †̥o take IELTS test here if the school can waive it for TOEFL and I know must schools do that once you мαкє enquiry.
my schools said they don't mind me taking the IELTS.

@bolded, I searched their site. They seem to allow exams to be written in P.H, Lagos, Ilorin, Ibadan and Abuja
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by mandybaby2007: 11:31am On Nov 10, 2013
lisadem:

guess you meant you will be going to Illinois via Minnesota wink Go have some fun dear but c'mmon you will see much more tourist centres in Chicago...

Thanks for the clarification omo iya wink

Lisadem you r a guy?? Didn't know o, lisa is feminine na!! I meant school doesn't resume till jan so am going 2minnesota 2chill til jan wil go 2illinois in jan.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babsharon(m): 11:59am On Nov 10, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babsharon(m): 11:59am On Nov 10, 2013
Graviton: my schools said they don't mind me taking the IELTS.

@bolded, I searched their site. They seem to allow exams to be written in P.H, Lagos, Ilorin, Ibadan and Abuja
Check My post. I said their Lagos centre
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by chikenjoku1yah: 12:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
Pls frnds my interview is on 31st dec and my school said u shld b in school on or defore d 6th of jan 2014 for spring session,,my problem is this,,wil d embassy ask me why am coming late since I was given admsision since august wil it create problem for me in d embassy? Anoda question is if dey give me visa and I travel around 20th of jan cos of preparations wil it create problem for me entering d Us as classes are begining on d 13th pls help!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2013
babsharon:
Check My post. I said their Lagos centre
oh!, sorry

I'm actually in Owerri, I'm thinking of writing the exam in P.H.

A bird told me the speaking section entails been interviewed, how true is this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by FutureDon(m): 12:46pm On Nov 10, 2013
Graviton: oh!, sorry

I'm actually in Owerri, I'm thinking of writing the exam in P.H.

A bird told me the speaking section entails been interviewed, how true is this?

Yes you are right, you get to talk to the examiner one-on-one unlike the TOEFL where you have speak to the computer. Moreover, the questions on speaking section are usually cheaper (that's if you don't have ''interviewphobia'', lol). For instance, you might be asked to talk about the favorite toy you had, why the toy was special to you e.t.c.

There is a plethora of practice questions on this website (ielts-exam.net). My Toefl scores expired few weeks ago and was compelled to take IELTS due to deadline constraints. With experience on taking both tests, I would say the IELTS is way easier than the TOEFL. Be sure to take many practice tests and you would be fine. I wish you luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 10, 2013
mandybaby2007:

Lisadem you r a guy?? Didn't know o, lisa is feminine na!! I meant school doesn't resume till jan so am going 2minnesota 2chill til jan wil go 2illinois in jan.

lol. was any pun intended in your statement? cos na real CHILLING for Minnesota now o. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by chikenjoku1yah: 1:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
Kunlebal,,pls do u still need to fill d sevix I-901 form online if u will pay tru Western union in cotonou,,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 1:16pm On Nov 10, 2013
chikenjoku1@yah:
Kunlebal,,pls do u still need to fill d sevix I-901 form online if u will pay tru Western union in cotonou,,
I don't think you need to fill the online form if you are paying sevis fee at cotonou because they will give you western union form there to fill but You can fill it on your desktop and print it out, so that you can use it as a guard in filling the form there. I hope this help
All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by chikenjoku1yah: 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2013
Ok thanks kunle I appreciate u! I asked a question earlier on abt my time of interview can u pls help me on that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by frankie2K(m): 1:34pm On Nov 10, 2013

Ok, ill be honest with you. Normally, the actual balance in the account won't lead to a denial if the account history shows active transactions that can guarantee the sponsor will meet his obligations.
Anyway, that is not your main issue. Firstly, do you have the same last name as your uncle? If not, strike one.
Second, how many dependents does he have? The VO would like to know how he'll be able to take care of his family and then cough out millions on his "nephew"
Are any of his kids abroad? If not, why sponsor you?
To be honest all the documentation in the world wont change the issues raised. You have to be compelling but I'm afraid you have an uphill battle
Thanks for reply but i saw NOBODY as yor user name and it could not display ur profile,are we safe? but thank you for your reply,my sponsor is not married,he paid my fees from jss1 till i graduated from the polytechnic and still helping in my programming projects by financing me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idalex: 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2013
@WHIZBRO thanks for ur response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 3:21pm On Nov 10, 2013
FutureDon:

Yes you are right, you get to talk to the examiner one-on-one unlike the TOEFL where you have speak to the computer. Moreover, the questions on speaking section are usually cheaper (that's if you don't have ''interviewphobia'', lol). For instance, you might be asked to talk about the favorite toy you had, why the toy was special to you e.t.c.

There is a plethora of practice questions on this website (ielts-exam.net). My Toefl scores expired few weeks ago and was compelled to take IELTS due to deadline constraints. With experience on taking both tests, I would say the IELTS is way easier than the TOEFL. Be sure to take many practice tests and you would be fine. I wish you luck!
thank you, bro

...and yes. I do have interview phobia grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Adroitbabz: 3:25pm On Nov 10, 2013
WHIZBRO: Nigerians going to test in Benin Republic, make una sorry o. I took some people to test there today in my 1972 SEAT, wetin I see I go come type.

Make una excuse me make I take this well deserved bath, I'll be back.

I sent u a PM sir........Pls reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 3:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
chikenjoku1@yah:
Pls frnds my interview is on 31st dec and my school said u shld b in school on or defore d 6th of jan 2014 for spring session,,my problem is this,,wil d embassy ask me why am coming late since I was given admsision since august wil it create problem for me in d embassy? Anoda question is if dey give me visa and I travel around 20th of jan cos of preparations wil it create problem for me entering d Us as classes are begining on d 13th pls help!
Pally this your issue get K leg Oº°˚˚°ºo, what have you been doing since august that u just decide to apply in dec 31st, normally if Vo issue you the visa it will take 2-3days for your visa to be ready and am sure you can't travel before the resumption of your school and again that will be a problem for you at POE. My advice is this, try emergency option cos that's the only way for you to meet up. My school n your will resume the same date and I have my visa already. I hope this help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 3:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
chikenjoku1@yah:

You won't have problem with the admission letter of August @ the embassy bro. But you will definately have issues @ the embassy due to the resumption date on your i-20 given as 6th of january 2014 anf your interview date given as 31st of december 2013.

The date is too near bro. You need to give the embassy ample of time to process your visa. I remember someone here who went to the embassy just 1 week before his school resumption date, he got DENIED @ the embassy.

But you can work on getting a New appointment date at the embassy bro. I think you can still see dates available for first week of december bro. Dates of first week of december will still be available. Reschedule your Appointment date and choose a more closer one that will be convenient to you.

But if you don't see a date for first week of December, then you can switch to next option below;

Get an EXTENSION LETTER from your school, stating the fact that you will be allowed to resume late. Your school will even indicate the new date you will be expected to arrive at campus.

You won't only need this extension letter @ the embassy, you will also need it at the POE. Upon your arrival in the US. The immigration officers will definately ask for your i-20 and you need to show them your i-20 and the extension letter you got from your school, indicating that you are allowed to resume late at a given period your school will state on the letter.

You WON'T be allowed to Enter the US without getting an extension letter from your school.

So work on the extension letter with your school. But if your school refuse to send you an extension letter, the only option you will have left is to defer your admission to Fall 2014. Just to avoid been denied at the embassy or been deported back to Nigeria at the port of Entry in the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by WHIZBRO(m): 3:51pm On Nov 10, 2013
Well I took some of my people for TOEFL @ ESCAE University, don't be fooled by the name it is not as big as the division of student affairs office of the University I graduated from (Great Ife!!!!).
We got to the gate of the centre around 9, The guys passport was requested, we provided it, with the gate still locked they took the passport to their 'passport' expert to verify the 'originality'. We were allowed in and given a form to fill and suddenly this girl came out and said we can't allow you to test, there was a reason all the centres in Nigeria were shut, 'you people' should not come and shut this place o.
Na so I vex, told her if she was not proud of her African blood she can drain it and have caucasian blood transfused into her, used some expletives, but my hand come fall as upto 7 nigerians were not allowed to test because they came with obviously fake passports or have tested somewhere else in Benin R with another passport under another name.
On the overall, My guys tested but I can tell you upto 3 Nigerians mercenary out of 7 test takers, (some I know from earlier times) wrote with names other than their Birth names that I know. Whether they did change of name I do not know?
But to save yourself a heartache, If you are going to test in Benin, Go with an alternate ID. From your skul, work, church or Ogboni.
I do not need to tell you Naija's reputation is in tatters, sadly it is not due to 'external' forces but our doing.

Food for thought; A guy I knew to be Ayo wrote for Iloka yesterday.... Water don pass Garri
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 4:16pm On Nov 10, 2013
WHIZBRO: Well I took some of my people for TOEFL @ ESCAE University, don't be fooled by the name it is not as big as the division of student affairs office of the University I graduated from (Great Ife!!!!).
We got to the gate of the centre around 9, The guys passport was requested, we provided it, with the gate still locked they took the passport to their 'passport' expert to verify the 'originality'. We were allowed in and given a form to fill and suddenly this girl came out and said we can't allow you to test, there was a reason all the centres in Nigeria were shut, 'you people' should not come and shut this place o.
Na so I vex, told her if she was not proud of her African blood she can drain it and have caucasian blood transfused into her, used some expletives, but my hand come fall as upto 7 nigerians were not allowed to test because they came with obviously fake passports or have tested somewhere else in Benin R with another passport under another name.
On the overall, My guys tested but I can tell you upto 3 Nigerians mercenary out of 7 test takers, (some I know from earlier times) wrote with names other than their Birth names that I know. Whether they did change of name I do not know?
But to save yourself a heartache, If you are going to test in Benin, Go with an alternate ID. From your skul, work, church or Ogboni.
I do not need to tell you Naija's reputation is in tatters, sadly it is not due to 'external' forces but our doing.

Food for thought; A guy I knew to be Ayo wrote for Iloka yesterday.... Water don pass Garri
Chai!!!

Nigeria! We hail thee!!

Aren't these guys tired of ruining our name. Whizbro, your narration of your ordeal is but a tip of the iceberg plate of fufu, if you'll forgive my saying so.

In a basketful of apples, few maybe tainted but they eventually give the others a rotten stench. Two years from now getting a visa to the US might require investigation of how you passed your standardized tests, you might walk in and solve some maths problems or giving meaning to esoteric English vocabularies ( don't say I didn't say this)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:19pm On Nov 10, 2013
WHIZBRO: Well I took some of my people for TOEFL @ ESCAE University, don't be fooled by the name it is not as big as the division of student affairs office of the University I graduated from (Great Ife!!!!).

Why is it that some people are so wild? So wild beyond comparison.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2013
Graviton: Chai!!!

Nigeria! We hail thee!!

Aren't these guys tired of ruining our name. Whizbro, your narration of your ordeal is but a tip of the iceberg plate of fufu, if you'll forgive my saying so.

In a basketful of apples, few maybe tainted but they eventually give the others a rotten stench. Two years from now getting a visa to the US might require investigation of how you passed your standardized tests, you might walk in and solve some maths problems or giving meaning to esoteric English vocabularies ( don't say I didn't say this)

People are going to make getting student visa for those English countries hard at the embassy. Do you think embassies won't have been notified by ets? Some years ago, US embassy asked one academic question but they stop it around last year. I guess the one they will come up with soon will be like passing paper continuing one verbal and one quantitative question to Grad F1 applicants.

Then you go come see sweat under AC grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (501)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.