Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,073 members, 7,980,816 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 06:03 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (462377 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sholay2011(m): 2:43pm On Nov 09, 2013
Nov2: @ sholay2011 have u check it? What do u have?
I just checked. ...my 98 still dey dia gidigba. I did mine at First Logic Ikeja. My agent was MET. Yours nko?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 2:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
samnoah:

Registered on the 25th of September against November 22. How was your exam?
I've grown beards here, literally.

I'm home now, Exam did not hold
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 09, 2013
mandybaby2007: Hello house, sorry i went AWOL after posting my visa interview experience, had some issues with my phone didnt want to buy anoda one cos my next fone na yankee i wan buy am grin, CONGRATULABIA TO BABSHARON!! Babsharon u were of great help to me i thot u were already in Obamaland sefcongrats to Nomso or other sucessfull VISA collectors the thread long i no remember names. Amfrica am sorry to read about your denail but fighters never give up learn from Lisadem she was denied twice but wasnt deterred she was granted the third attempt now she dey obamaland there are other pple too that didnt get thier visa at first attempt but they are in Obamaland now, so dont be discouraged just be focused and determined. I learnt a lot from this forum and am back to give back to the forum.
Its sad to read of our delisting from ETS GOD HELP NAIJA! Anyborry going my way in December? I dey go minnesota via chicago. My school dey illinois but i wan go minnesota to gallivant before resumption

Hi Sis! Welcome back. I'm not discouraged grin Lisadem is a full grown man oo. His moniker sounds feminine tho.

My school is in Minnesota, if i get there this december, we can hook up tho.

Hope you enjoy the snowy weather.. kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nov2(m): 3:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
I did my too at first logic my agent was sisterms in ikeja
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gr8ever(m): 5:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
Graviton: I've grown beards here, literally.

I'm home now, Exam did not hold

I don't know why the righteous always have a share when the sinners are suffering. angry angry

Bro, Sorry about the disappointment. You can register for IELTS. When are you taking the SAT?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 5:28pm On Nov 09, 2013
gr8ever:

I don't know why the righteous always have a share when the sinners are suffering. angry angry

Bro, Sorry about the disappointment. You can register for IELTS. When are you taking the SAT?
thank GOD ETS had the nerve to refund us our money. Although, I haven't quite gotten mine yet...has anyone gotten theirs?

Brother, it is well. I'm already making plans of taking the IELTS by November 21st hopefully or January 18th at the latest.

My SAT date is December 7th, God will see us through
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kelly4top: 5:32pm On Nov 09, 2013
OjaP:

In addition to what BigFrancis said, she can apply for a F-2 visa if you guys are "legally married". You have to show proof that you will be able to sponsor/take care of her while here. This means she would have no recourse to public funds all through her stay in the US. Many people do that, and you can go through that route if you can defend yourself.

However, I should warn you that this category of visa lists your wife/child as your dependent, so you have to be responsible for them while here. I don't know how this would be possible if you don't have a job to support them. Most of us who go to the embassy paint a picture of a decent job and income. I am so sure your wife would paint that kind of picture too if going for an interview. But does it really make sense to abandon your high-paying job to relocate to the USA where you can't work and depend on a graduate student? These are few of the loop holes you have to close before letting her go to the embassy.

If I were you, I would come here first, study the system for like 6 months, calculate my income, and determine if that is what I really want to do. Unless you plan to leave the USA after your education, getting a green card for your wife would be so difficult. She may be bored to death in this country because she won't be working. And for you, your surest option of getting a green card would be through job. You have to go through the H-1B to green card route if you are lucky to get a company file for you. Since you are married, green card through marriage won't be possible again unless you divorce your wife and marry a citizen - I won't even advise you to do this. It is very risky. But if you do, what would be the fate of your wife? Well, she can re-marry and get a citizen file for her too. And would you end your marriage with your wife because of green card? This is tough to do if you truly love your wife. These processes may take a long time and in most cases could be so frustrating.

This is not to diminish your joy in anyway but just for you to plan very well before bringing your wife here. And like I said earlier, unless both of you plan to go back home after your studies, this may not be the best thing to do. I assume your wife is educated, if YES, let her apply to grad schools and go for a F-1 visa. With that, both of you have good chances of getting a H-1B or even a green card later in life.

Again, congratulations and welcome to the land of the free home of the brave.

You are such a good representative of your home country to have taken time to explicitly put down a very good advise in writing just to help someone avoid a mistake. Ride on brother.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 5:51pm On Nov 09, 2013
gr8ever:

That's why it's always terrible whenever shiit hits the fan. grin

Graviton: thank GOD ETS had the nerve to refund us our money. Although, I haven't quite gotten mine yet...has anyone gotten theirs?

Brother, it is well. I'm already making plans of taking the IELTS by November 21st hopefully or January 18th at the latest.

My SAT date is December 7th, God will see us through

It shows ets was so pissed when they caught those skunks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 6:25pm On Nov 09, 2013
imperiouxx:

That's why it's always terrible whenever shiit hits the fan. grin

It shows ets was so pissed when they caught those skunks.

I guess.

But I didn't know skunks people were caught, who were they?. Nigerians?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 6:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
Graviton: I guess.

But I didn't know "skunks people were caught, who were?. Nigerians?

Those helping people to pass the tests for fee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 7:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
imperiouxx:

Those helping people to pass the tests for fee.
The standard of exams held in Nigeria is really an issue for sore eyes but are the other countries better of.

Imagine Ghana wey dey flex agents and candidate impostors for common WAEC exams...#smh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 7:17pm On Nov 09, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 7:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
mandybaby2007: Hello house, sorry i went AWOL after posting my visa interview experience, had some issues with my phone didnt want to buy anoda one cos my next fone na yankee i wan buy am grin, CONGRATULABIA TO BABSHARON!! Babsharon u were of great help to me i thot u were already in Obamaland sef! Congrats to Nomso and other sucessfull spring term VISA collectors the thread long i no remember names. Amefrica am sorry to read about your delay but fighters never give up learn from Lisadem she was delayed twice but wasnt deterred she was granted the third attempt now she dey obamaland, there are other pple too that didnt get thier visa at first attempt but they are in Obamaland now, so dont be discouraged just be focused and determined. I learnt a lot from this forum and am back to give back to the forum.
Its sad to read of our delisting from ETS GOD HELP NAIJA! Anyborry going my way in December? I dey go minnesota via chicago. My school dey illinois but i wan go minnesota to gallivant before resumption

Sup sis?

I see u heading to minnesota. Thats cool. I will be heading to minnesota too in december. Where in minnesota are you heading to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 7:43pm On Nov 09, 2013
Amefrica:

Hi Sis! Welcome back. I'm not discouraged grin Lisadem is a full grown man oo. His moniker sounds feminine tho.

Are u for real? Thought u said you will take the SAT & cover all necessary loopholes and go for fall 2014. shocked

Didn't know you still intend shooting the embassy by december.. shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 8:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Are u for real? Thought u said you will take the SAT & cover all necessary loopholes and go for fall 2014. shocked

shocked was wondering too. Bro@amefrica, jeje o!

But minnesota pple full here o! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by WHIZBRO(m): 9:20pm On Nov 09, 2013
Nigerians going to test in Benin Republic, make una sorry o. I took some people to test there today in my 1972 SEAT, wetin I see I go come type.

Make una excuse me make I take this well deserved bath, I'll be back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

i talked my own but God has the plans

nomso27:

shocked was wondering too. Bro@amefrica, jeje o!

But minnesota pple full here o! cheesy

grin God knows best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 10:24pm On Nov 09, 2013
mandybaby2007: Hello house, sorry i went AWOL after posting my visa interview experience, had some issues with my phone didnt want to buy anoda one cos my next fone na yankee i wan buy am grin, CONGRATULABIA TO BABSHARON!! Babsharon u were of great help to me i thot u were already in Obamaland sef! Congrats to Nomso and other sucessfull spring term VISA collectors the thread long i no remember names. Amefrica am sorry to read about your delay but fighters never give up learn from Lisadem she he was delayed twice first visiting visa and 1st student visa but wasnt deterred she he was granted the third attempt but 2nd for F1 Visa grin now she he dey obamaland To God be the glory, there are other pple too that didnt get thier visa at first attempt but they are in Obamaland now, so dont be discouraged just be focused and determined. I learnt a lot from this forum and am back to give back to the forum.

guess you meant you will be going to Illinois via Minnesota wink Go have some fun dear but c'mmon you will see much more tourist centres in Chicago...

Amefrica:

Thanks for the clarification omo iya wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by chikenjoku1yah: 10:39pm On Nov 09, 2013
Pls I have a problem is vry impt someone shld help me now for Gods sake,,,my passport wil expire before my expected stay as written in my I 20. My passport wil expire on 18 sep 2016 but my I20 is 16 dec 2016. Am going for my bachelors degree and I've booked appointment already I jus found out abt dis in d USA visa site. And the site said that ur passport shld be atleast 6months beyond ur ur expected length of stay. Omg! Pls someone shld help me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idalex: 10:47pm On Nov 09, 2013
@WHIZBRO pls sent u a mail. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 10:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
WHIZBRO: Nigerians going to test in Benin Republic, make una sorry o. I took some people to test there today in my 1972 SEAT, wetin I see I go come type.

Make una excuse me make I take this well deserved bath, I'll be back.

grin So, it's not only embassy students should worry about?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 11:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
chikenjoku1@yah:
Pls I have a problem is vry impt someone shld help me now for Gods sake,,,my passport wil expire before my expected stay as written in my I 20. My passport wil expire on 18 sep 2016 but my I20 is 16 dec 2016. Am going for my bachelors degree and I've booked appointment already I jus found out abt dis in d USA visa site. And d site said ur passport shld be valid atleast 6months beyond ur expected length of stay am confused!

Is there anything to worry about in this? You can renew your passport in the US. Moreover, you can renew your passport along side your visa when ever you like to do so. I guess you got the clause wrong. The statement should be don't go to the embassy with an expired passport or passport that will expire in the next 6 months.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 11:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
chikenjoku1@yah:
Pls my number is ,, pls flash so I can explain my problem to u,,flash me pls if u can help me wit my problem

Any problem apart from that? Why not state your issue here and let everyone help you out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 11:34pm On Nov 09, 2013
Thanks JW, I don't know why he's spamming the whole thread with the same question that has been answered.

@chikenjoku1@yah,

Say whatever new issue you have here, so that everyone can help you out. Not by spamming the thread. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by chikenjoku1yah: 11:45pm On Nov 09, 2013
Imperiouxx pls go to visa site d place written supporting documents under it is where u click on schedule appointment,,pls help I dnt rly get that pls!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ikaboy: 12:14am On Nov 10, 2013
Hello Gurus! my appointment is for November 26th and my passport is to expire on the 7th June, 2014. I hope using the passport will fly?

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (501)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.