Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,787 members, 7,962,597 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 01:19 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (461615 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 3:29pm On Aug 19, 2014
Walspring: @Bigfrancis and MsNas

Both of you are right about sending fees because there are 2 things attached to sending fees which i know that can make it differ from each other which are

1, location ( states)
2, service day ( Money in minutes, next day pick, 2 or more days pick up)

I want both of you to stop all these argument that have lasted for 2 days[b] (The longest argument so far on this thread)[/b] please and kindly apply wisdom the principal things[b][/b] ..................... If you have underG beef just let it go

N.B ---- We/people are learning from you

Yea bro. I get you. Despite the factors you mentioned, WU never charges up to $100. It is astoundingly flabbergasting and holistically unheard of. I am not sure they have ever charged such amount in their entire history. Do you know how big $100 is? Then nobody will patronize Western Union again when their competitors charge in the vicinity of $16. The variation in charge due to location hardly exceeds $5 to $10. Someone attested to this when he said someone sent money from somewhere in Asia via WU and the fee was $16. When I was sending the money, I first went to WU and the lady told me $18.5 and I went to MoneyGram and was told $16, so I used MoneyGram instead. Mind you, where I stay is an expensive area close to Washington DC(the capital of US) and yet the WU transfer fee was no where close to $100, how much more in cheaper states like Texas where you might even get it for less than $18.5.

The reason for the high cost of credit card online transfer is because a certain percentage of the money is paid to the credit card company. If you pay in-person at the store or directly from your bank account, you get the cheapest quote possible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 3:32pm On Aug 19, 2014
Graviton2,

Biko kwa, a kporokwa m onye obuna afa. Si wepukwa afa ya, dee 'gi na ya' ebe I delu afa ya tupu o si na anyi ji afa ya agba asili.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 3:37pm On Aug 19, 2014
bigfrancis21: Graviton2,

Biko kwa, a kporokwa m onye obuna afa. Si wepukwa afa ya ozigbo, dee 'gi na ya' ebe I delu afa ya tupu o si na anyi ji afa ya agba asili.

Okwa Eziokwu. E wepugu'm afa ya. Ka udo di.

Olee way? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 3:38pm On Aug 19, 2014
Graviton2:

Okwa Eziokwu. E wepugu'm afa ya. Ka udo di.

Olee way? grin

Nna, a pasakwa m ebe m pasa.

Kee mbosi I ga-atu down ebe a? Obodo amelika niine na-echekwa yi. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 19, 2014
Graviton2:

Lmao!

Bikonu! Unu kwusi ogu okwu'a. Make Una cease fire abeg.

where is the Mod?

Rules 1,11 and 21 have been broken!!!!

this is a www not a village tribal meeting.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 3:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
shidoshi:

where is the Mod?

Google Igbo translate is at your disposal sir. There's no derailing of the thread here, our discussion is in line with the trend of the thread. Other languages have been spoken on this thread before without eyelids batted.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 3:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Nna, a pasakwa m ebe m pasa.

Kee mbosi I ga-atu down ebe a? Obodo amelika niine na-echekwa yi. cheesy

Okwa 2015. Nsogbo ego gi'm eba. Re-application and scholarship are the way forward.

Jesus bu eze, ife ni'ne ga di mma. My God go finish the job.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ase65(f): 4:06pm On Aug 19, 2014
Walspring:

This get K- leg oo but get extension letter to back it up till 26th/27th or you tell the Immigration that you had flight delay (am not sure if the Immigration listen to this scope sha)

Thanks. I already told the international admissions of the school but they seem very lazy. The guy in charge does not respond to emails early...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:07pm On Aug 19, 2014
shidoshi:

where is the Mod?

Mister, let me make it known to you that none of those rules were broken.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ase65(f): 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2014
Amefrica:

Get an extension letter from your school!

Thanks I hope they would send it soon... my hrt just dey beat gbimgbim...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
ase65:

Thanks. I already told the international admissions of the school but they seem very lazy. The guy in charge does not respond to emails early...

okay but bombard them with calls and let them know this is urgent..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 19, 2014
Graviton2:

Mister, let me make it known to you that none of those rules were broken.

You dey mind am? grin
That same guy condemned the stuffs I'm traveling with to Canada.. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 19, 2014
ase65:

Thanks I hope they would send it soon... my hrt just dey beat gbimgbim...

Worry not! It's not something herculean.. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:04pm On Aug 19, 2014
Amefrica:

You dey mind am? grin
That same guy condemned the stuffs I'm traveling with to Canada.. grin

Some people sef eh!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by xp17(m): 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2014
MsNas:
You're a baby. I thought you were an adult but obviously not. I was wrong and so were you. You quoted $18.50 as the transfer fee. Well sucks for you that's not true as well. I will upload a screen grab in a minute.
western union charges varies depending on how its been sent.

$15 to send $100 using Mobile app.
$12 to send $100 using Western union shop.
$6 to send $100 when you complain of not being able to use your mobile app, they give promo code which serves as %50 discount ,for their deficit.

I stand to be corrected though.

@ Amefrica, how your runs on US waka? it's been a while.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2014
xp17: western union charges varies depending on how its been sent.

$15 to send $100 using Mobile app.
$12 to send $100 using Western union shop.
$6 to send $100 when you complain of not being able to use your mobile app, they give promo code which serves as %50 discount ,for their deficit.

I stand to be corrected though.

@ Amefrica, how your runs on US waka? it's been a while.

Oga kpatakpata! I hail oo.. Me just bone US nii, I'm glad I did 'cuz I'm now officially a Canadian-VISA holder. Traveling soon...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by xp17(m): 5:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
Amefrica:

Oga kpatakpata! I hail oo.. Me just bone US nii, I'm glad I did 'cuz I'm now officially a Canadian-VISA holder. Traveling soon...
which part of cana? btw, I have a friend at the lakehead university.

your resilient spirit though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
shidoshi:

where is the Mod?

let the mod do what?this is a forum..bcoz I no join for conversation..use Google bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 19, 2014
xp17: which part of cana? btw, I have a friend at the lakehead university.

your resilient spirit though

I'm going to one of the most beautiful Islands in the world! cheesy The smallest province in Canada - Prince Edward Island..

That's the spirit sir! #Resilience cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by onipedey(m): 5:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
Thanks BigFrancis for 2day... Highly appreciate!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 19, 2014
Amefrica:

I'm going to one of the most beautiful Islands in the world! cheesy The smallest province in Canada - Prince Edward Island..

That's the spirit sir! #Resilience cheesy
hope say you don grow extra balls to brace the cold on the island?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
grin Just got d pickup email
Who is going to isolo tomorow morning
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
stevecrun: hope say you don grow extra balls to brace the cold on the island?

Boss mi! The cold nor be from here oo shocked It gets bitterly cold there from October and their winter ends March/April. cry cry
Weather dropping to -40 ...diarizz God ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 19, 2014
Amefrica:

Boss mi! The cold nor be from here oo shocked It gets bitterly cold there from October and their winter ends March/April. cry cry
the weather is telling you welcome to Canada.. you will be fine there..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
stevecrun: the weather is telling you welcome to Canada.. you will be fine there..

Amen! embarassed Thanks boss... smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 19, 2014
Amefrica:

Amen! embarassed Thanks boss... smiley
anytime bro..we gaz keep in touch..make you hook me up with Canadian broads
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
stevecrun: anytime bro..we gaz keep in touch..make you hook me up with Canadian broads

Surely boss! cheesy Your own weather dey wait you for Minnesota too.. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 6:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
Amefrica:

If possible you can move to lower British Columbia or Alberta.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 19, 2014
Amefrica:

Surely boss! cheesy Your own weather dey wait you for Minnesota too.. grin
Minnesota?Lol..might not be landing in the Midwest again..that cold dey fear me.

Don Robertson told me..hope am prepared and have a house waiting for me or someone in Minnesota coz its going to be windy and so cold when I come in December..as e talk finish my mind fly..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 6:37pm On Aug 19, 2014
bigfrancis21:

grin

Very much possible sir. In fact you don't even need to take permission from your school...just don't show up at the beginning of the semester, take as many semesters off as possible and return when you feel like returning. You will remain in status all that time. grin

Tip of the day: you are legally permitted to work off campus! I bet you didn't know this before, right? cheesy

That must be one foot closer to grave.

At bold, yea it's possible:

1) If USCIS approved your application for EAD for employment based on financial hardship.

2) If you're on CPT or pre-OPT.

3) If you've already adjusted your status and your EAD is approved.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 19, 2014
imperiouxx:

If possible you can move to lower British Columbia or Alberta.

Yes boss! I might.. But everydamnwhere in Canada is shittingly cold.. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 6:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
Amefrica:

Yes boss! I might.. But everydamnwhere in Canada is shittingly cold.. grin

But one is better than the other.

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.