Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,754 members, 7,962,478 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 11:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (461610 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
stevecrun: Minnesota?Lol..might not be landing in the Midwest again..that cold dey fear me.

Don Robertson told me..hope am prepared and have a house waiting for me or someone in Minnesota coz its going to be windy and so cold when I come in December..as e talk finish my mind fly..

LMAO! grin
You've got no choice, bruv.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 19, 2014
imperiouxx:

But one is better than the other.

Right sure! cheesy
How you doing boss?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
bigfrancis21:

It is not always compulsory. It depends on the school you're applying to.

Some schools, like mine for example, recognize Nigeria as English speaking and waives the English requirement for Nigerians. Some schools still don't recognize Nigeria as English speaking and demand for TOEFL from Nigerians.

For some schools, you can still waive the English requirement by putting into writing officially that you have over 15 years of Education in English and have had all your education from primary to high school/university in English and your English speaking, writing, reading and listening skills are solid and hence you write to request for a waiver of the English requirement.

Or you can get your former high school English teacher to certify your skills in English(if you're applying for UG) by putting it into writing or have a former lecturer of yours provide you a letter of waiver(if going for MS or PhD).
bigfrancis21: TO PROSPECTIVE GRE AND TOEFL TEST TAKERS:

It is no longer a hidden fact that GRE and TOEFL test takers in Nigeria cannot register for the test online. Even someone registering on your behalf from abroad is banned once the test taker would still be writing in Nigeria.
[b][/b]
Third party toefl and GRE online registration was never suspended.
Its possible also register using toefl and Gre vouchers.,paypal.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
Amefrica:

LMAO! grin
You've got no choice, bruv.
yea..true but the cold might not be as fierce as thought..so I might just put on there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mckenziii(m): 6:52pm On Aug 19, 2014
@ impre I neva c my shayo I need shayo abeg
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 19, 2014
stevecrun: yea..true but the cold might not be as fierce as thought..so I might just put on there.

Man go surely survive! grin Na human-beings dey live for Russia and Antarctica.. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 6:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
house, how do i make calls with glo to international no. with just 1k for 7 day, abeg help with the code.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 7:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
imperiouxx:

That must be one foot closer to grave.

At bold, yea it's possible:

1) If USCIS approved your application for EAD for employment based on financial hardship.

2) If you're on CPT or pre-OPT.

3) If you've already adjusted your status and your EAD is approved.

Yea I know those conditions. But I was referring to 'taking your work-unauthorized SSN to places where you will be lucky they will not perform background check on you' wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 19, 2014
Amefrica:

Man go surely survive! grin Na human-beings dey live for Russia and Antarctica.. grin
real talk bro..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:05pm On Aug 19, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Yea I know those conditions. But I was referring to 'taking your SSN to places where you will be lucky they will not perform background check on you' wink

I know people do many crazy stuffs you can't even imagine but that's also one foot next to grave.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 7:08pm On Aug 19, 2014
Amefrica:

Cold for here na die o. You never see cold before until you come here.

During my time before I left Nigeria, my aunts were telling me about wearing layers and layers of sweaters once I land but I was like, 'odeshi. I be badt guyz. Nothing dey happen'. For my small mind. When I landed in JFK airport, NY, I took a walk out of the airport. I tear race run back inside airport. embarassed. Kai see cold ee. No be pesin remind me say I get sweater for inside my hand luggage. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 7:10pm On Aug 19, 2014
imperiouxx:

I know people do many crazy stuffs you can't even imagine but that's also one foot next to grave.

LOL.

How are you bro?

Pesin no dey see your shadow for here again.

#Married man things wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 19, 2014
bigfrancis21:

During my time before I left Nigeria, my aunts were telling me about wearing layers and layers of sweaters once I land but I was like, 'odeshi. I be badt guyz. Nothing dey happen'. For my small mind. When I landed in JFK, NY, I took a walk out of the airport. I tear race run back inside airport. embarassed. Kai see cold ee. No be pesin remind me say I get sweater for my hand luggage. grin

LOL! grin
I can imagine - but the cold you talking about is incomparable to Canada's..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mystiqme: 7:11pm On Aug 19, 2014
bigfrancis21:
During my time before I left Nigeria, my aunts were telling me about wearing layers and layers of sweaters once I land but I was like, 'odeshi. I be badt guyz. Nothing dey happen'. For my small mind. When I landed in JFK airport, NY, I took a walk out of the airport. I tear race run back inside airport. embarassed. Kai see cold ee. No be pesin remind me say I get sweater for inside my hand luggage. grin
Na summer better pass to come. As e dey enter fall, you go dey adjust small small. Infact when the next summer come, na you go complan of heat pass.Lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 7:15pm On Aug 19, 2014
Mystiqme:
Na summer better pass to come. As e dey enter fall, you go dey adjust small small. Infact when the next summer come, na you go complan of heat pass.Lol.[i]

This summer's heat was unbearable in the south. People in Texas were really complaining of heat. Even me sef wey be naija born and bred with 35+ degree celsius temperature just dey form ajebo 'the sun is too hot' under 25 degrees celsius oo. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 7:16pm On Aug 19, 2014
Amefrica:

LOL! grin
I can imagine - but the cold you talking about is incomparable to Canada's..

Just chillax, by the time cold for here do you nwii and you see piin, no be pesin go remind you make you go beach next summer. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:16pm On Aug 19, 2014
Amefrica:

Right sure! cheesy
How you doing boss?

Doing great my brother. Soon those Cana babes go no say one chop alone don land. kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
Mystiqme:
Na summer better pass to come. As e dey enter fall, you go dey adjust small small. Infact when the next summer come, na you go complan of heat pass.Lol.

Hey my long Island brother? Hope you're doing geat?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
bigfrancis21:

LOL.

How are you bro?

Pesin no dey see your shadow for here again.

#Married man things wink

That's another school for studies.

I always try to come but tasks tooooo much!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 19, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Just chillax, by the time cold for here do you nwii and you see piin, no be pesin go remind you make you go beach next summer. grin grin

*faints* grin grin
Omoh, I dey fear make I nor lie. I'm undergoing some freezer-training since few weeks ago. grin If to say na US I dey finally go, I for nor fear reach this. But Canada's own nor be here oo. US be learner for her side ni, anyhow anyhow - na human-beings dey there embarassed

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 19, 2014
imperiouxx:

Doing great my brother. Soon those Cana babes go no say one chop alone don land. kiss

You too sabi! cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 7:22pm On Aug 19, 2014
imperiouxx:

That's another school for studies.

I always try to come but tasks tooooo much!

Yea bro. Keep the fire burning.

Nigerians for here dey do well na. Na wetin dem use sabi us for here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by launrey(m): 7:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Yes. Very much sure you can. The sending of GRE/TOEFL scores to schools is not by paper but electronic ie ETS simply uploads your results to the electronic database of the recipient school, which the school can easily access anytime they want, be it result from 5 years ago.
My good man,
Thank u again.
I hope you won't mind if I have your contacts. So that I can just contact you for my questions. U've been much more than google.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 7:29pm On Aug 19, 2014
gaffreaks:
bigfrancis21: TO PROSPECTIVE GRE AND TOEFL TEST TAKERS:

It is no longer a hidden fact that GRE and TOEFL test takers in Nigeria cannot register for the test online. Even someone registering on your behalf from abroad is banned once the test taker would still be writing in Nigeria.
[b][/b]
Third party toefl and GRE online registration was never suspended.
Its possible also register using toefl and Gre vouchers.,paypal.

At the time of writing that write-up, online registration for Nigerians alongside thirdparty online registration used to be banned and it was clearly written on the ETS website. Even the word 'Nigeria' was bolded clearly on their website. That doesn't mean people abroad did not still register for the tests on behalf of Nigerians still in Nigeria or Nigerian internet masters did not have their ways about it. ETS also had the right at that time to cancel or suspend certain test taker's scheduled tests or even their GRE results when it was discovered they registered online. That was why I came up with the information dissemination of the phone registration method which was allowed then. But currently, thirdparty online registration is now allowed, especially since after the resumption of the GRE/TOEFL ban. Many nairalanders on this forum registered for their TOEFL/GRE tests via phone call means. Currently, phone registration is no longer available in Nigeria, something that used to be available barely 10 months ago.

http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/register/computer/

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 7:32pm On Aug 19, 2014
launrey:
My good man,
Thank u again.
I hope you won't mind if I have your contacts. So that I can just contact you for my questions. U've been much more than google.

I'll send you a PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by omomayelakesi: 7:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
imperiouxx:
@ boss imperiouxx thanks for the inspiration on this forum. You've been more than helpful. I have many questions I need you to help me with but I dont know how to do the pm thingy. I think having ur bbm pin or number will be great so I can get to the core of the questions I wanna ask. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kpolli(m): 7:51pm On Aug 19, 2014
Theflint1: boss u got a pm.

Would reply you soonest, as per your question....

Well $550 was always enough for me per month in my first year because I had roommates and I always cook for myself. But if you wan live by yourself, budget like $800-900 per month...

Plus this also depends on the city too... Some are a bit more expensive, some are less than my estimate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ase65(f): 7:51pm On Aug 19, 2014
Amefrica:

Worry not! It's not something herculean.. smiley

Thanks Amefrica and Walspring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by deevick246(m): 7:57pm On Aug 19, 2014
decreamaster: grin Just got d pickup email
Who is going to isolo tomorow morning

Decreamaster:

Please, did you eventually pay your SEVIS fee? Because I recur in one of your comments you said you didnt pay the SEVIS fee before you went for your interview in which the visa was granted.

You need to clear the dust around this your transcript and visa approval. Clearly, everyone here knows before anyone shows up for the F1 Visa interview, the evidence of SEVIS fee payment is a core requirement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
omomayelakesi: @ boss imperiouxx thanks for the inspiration on this forum. You've been more than helpful. I have many questions I need you to help me with but I dont know how to do the pm thingy. I think having ur bbm pin or number will be great so I can get to the core of the questions I wanna ask. Thanks in anticipation.

I've never owned a BB before in my life cry If you think the discussion is personal to you rather than saying it here, just put imperiouxx in front of @yahoo and end it with .com

I should get it but my response may not be as fast as how others may have contributed if it's posted here.

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 8:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
deevick246:

Decreamaster:

Please, did you eventually pay your SEVIS fee? Because I recur in one of your comments you said you didnt pay the SEVIS fee before you went for your interview in which the visa was granted.

You need to clear the dust around this your transcript and visa approval. Clearly, everyone here knows before anyone shows up for the F1 Visa interview, the evidence of SEVIS fee payment is a core requirement.
i didnt pay the fee but i told them i had paid it the day before the interview day and i havent been able to print the confirmation yet.
even up till now i havent pay but i must pay and make sure i have the receipt before i fly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by deevick246(m): 9:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
decreamaster:
i didnt pay the fee but i told them i had paid it the day before the interview day and i havent been able to print the confirmation yet.
even up till now i havent pay but i must pay and make sure i have the receipt before i fly

Is that so? Are you for real? I stand to be corrected and until then. I put it to you that your transcript/ narration is clearly specious. And noone should try do this ( not pay Sevis fee and show up for interview). I need not say this on a second thought, because I expect every studious follower of this thread to know better.

I remember a few years ago a guy actually paid his Sevis fee but the fee wasnt processed by the EcoBank staff in Seme for the reason that the Sevis fee website was down. The guy wasnt informed by the bank about the development, and to even make the situation worst his interview was a few days away and was to be attended at abuja. The guy had to travel to abuja from lagos without the Sevis fee receipt but went with the WU payment confirmation. Yet, he was sent out of the embassy because he didnt present the Sevis fee receipt. Hence, the reason I conclude your narration is spurious. However, you can prove it otherwise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.