Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,659 members, 7,889,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:02 AM

What Is The Alternative To Handshake? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is The Alternative To Handshake? (17936 Views)

What Is The Alternative Cure For Hepatitis B / Baldness:the Alternative To Rogaine / Any Alternative To Brushing Teeth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by nickz(m): 3:04pm On Oct 21, 2013
Brief side-hug wink
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by scobaba: 3:04pm On Oct 21, 2013
homesteady:

So if I stretch out my hand to you for a handshake, what will you do?

He would give you his J.T grin
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by LajaLaba: 3:05pm On Oct 21, 2013
I dont know if there is any doctor in the houseI need help
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by MostHigh: 3:07pm On Oct 21, 2013
ChiSun27: Sincerely from my heart...I want to stop shaking people...the stuff I saw yesterday actually wanted to make me regurgitate. It was quite appaling to the eyes.

Saw someone yesterday sneezing and blowing catarrh with his bare hands and afterwards rubs the hands together.

And I was like, "sheeeey this guy go still carry this hand go shake person".

So since that yesterday...I have been finding it difficult shaking peeps.

My question is; how can one avoid hand shakes?

Why not chop knuckle instead, AKA the hamfist.smiley

At least that way you have an outstreched hand as well. grin
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by nickz(m): 3:07pm On Oct 21, 2013
Khalessi: undecided
wicked cheesy grin cheesy @head butt
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by YoshiMaster: 3:08pm On Oct 21, 2013
bionicdude: u can exchange kisses d way d italians do

eduson33: kiss

NaijNews: kissing and Hugging

Nawa o!

See as una wan kiss everybody sha, for una mind, na only women una go dey great.

So how una go come great guys na?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 21, 2013
Hey you're the Nigerian monk! Handshake phobia is very related to OCD, in the least a mild case of it.

Tyler Cowen, Donald Trump etc etc "suffer" this phobia too.

There are worst things to be scared about though, like the meteor that might hit the earth in 2032, for example.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by redcliff: 3:11pm On Oct 21, 2013
bandol: Alternative?

Wait o!

You said alternative

Let ♍ƺ go and search my dico

Brb

u r an hediot

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 21, 2013
I hate the way some ppl sneeze indiscriminately especially when ppl are havin a meal and its horribly puking seeing some bushlings poking their noses and.... in public as if its some goldmine, not caring the disgust it causes decent ppl around...
Well my mobile phone does the trick regarding da handshake with such folks
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
Abegi jare, don't shake now.
Peeps just be giving themselves headache over nonsense.
Wash ur hand before eating or putting in ur mouth, simple.

Even our ancestors and grandparents lived far longer than us without all these stupid germs headache, mtchew
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by mustaphagreens(m): 3:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
ChiSun27: Sincerely from my heart...I want to stop shaking people...the stuff I saw yesterday actually wanted to make me regurgitate. It was quite appaling to the eyes.

Saw someone yesterday sneezing and blowing catarrh with his bare hands and afterwards rubs the hands together.

@op, regurgitate? Díd u seriously feel like regurgitating? I thought d word was meant for only ruminant animals(cud chewers), not until now i never believed humans who chew cud actually existed..hmmmmm

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by kliq(m): 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2013
Oya chop knuckle!

tongue
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by sova(m): 3:33pm On Oct 21, 2013
Research has shown that the hand habour more pathogenic organism with high level of commucation.
Diz can b attributed to unhealthy handline or tourching of object. organisms lk Escherichia coli,Staphylococcus aureus, S.epidermidis, Shigelia spp,Salmonella spp nd othr Enterococcus spp ar comon disease causin organism found on hands.
D truth is dat, no one is sterile or can confidently say my HAND is free. Howevr,d truth must b told ,maintaining gud hygien by constantly washin d hands can safe u frm hand-oral transmission.
Chop knukle jo

1 Like

Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by since1914(m): 3:33pm On Oct 21, 2013
It is socially incorrect to refuse a handshake, and it is standard business etiquette to conclude a business transaction with handshakes...it is like an unspoken sign of concordance. Even in church, especially for the Catholics, there is a particular time at their 'Holy Mass' when worshipers are expected to shake hands.

So inevitably it is almost impractical to 'dodge' handshakes. But personally, I impose a very strict regime of personal hygiene to mitigate the effects of contacting infections through these handshakes. After shaking hands, I never do anything else with my hands until I have washed them (not even putting them in my pockets). And if for any reason, I had to handle my phone before washing my hands, as soon as I have the opportunity, I disinfect both my hands and my phone. That is why I consciously always handle other people's phones and remote control with my left hand, because I always clean mine. I do the same for the steering wheel as well. So as you can see, you can still shake hands (and remain socially correct) without contacting an infection.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by sova(m): 3:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
Research has shown that the hand habour more pathogenic organism with high level of commucation.
Diz can b attributed to unhealthy handline or tourching of object. organisms lk Escherichia coli,Staphylococcus aureus, S.epidermidis, Shigelia spp,Salmonella spp nd othr Enterococcus spp ar comon disease causin organism found on hands.
D truth is dat, no one is sterile or can confidently say my HAND is free. Howevr,d truth must b told ,maintaining gud hygien by constantly washin d hands can safe u frm hand-oral transmission.
Chop knukle jo.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by 1010101: 3:35pm On Oct 21, 2013
Lol I've seen worst.. Some grown asss men walked off bathroom without washing their hands smh.

I always have hand sanitizer in my car, office or wherever and there's also a little one like pen I usually get from my Sister. I am a hygiene freak and seriously I wish I could stop shaking some folks hands but its kinda hard though I don't shake all hands.

Just make sure you wash your hand with hand soap or sanitize your hand before touching your face or putting anything in your mouth barehanded.

There's difference between washing your hands and doing it properly. At least 30sec or sing happy birthday song to end while doing it, the germs will be off.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Lilaex: 3:38pm On Oct 21, 2013
Broderly dis tin sef don taya me 2.. Ah day tink of kissing b/cz is mr hyginic dan shakin!
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 21, 2013
@OP
thoroughly washing your hands with proper soap, every times you have the opportunity, is the only way to fight this plague!
when you hear that many in 9ja are wiping their aaassses with hands and water, how could anyone not be paranoid about handshaking?!
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by stantob(m): 3:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
ChiSun27:

But no be everybody you go fit 'chop knuckle' with na.
so wetin be the remedy now?? if to chop knuckle no fit work.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Mickey7(m): 3:55pm On Oct 21, 2013
Was seriously expecting someone to say "I'm an african guy.guys don't care about hygiene"
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 21, 2013
I tink the alternative to handshake is WRESTLING...grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by ammyammy: 4:02pm On Oct 21, 2013
comments re so funny. bt seriously Wat re we trying 2 avoid by nt shakein pple dere by insulting n degrading our pals. is it getting infected or Wat....man must surely meets its end 1dy. so be of gud behavior.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 21, 2013
stantob:
so wetin be the remedy now?? if to chop knuckle no fit work.
then dey kan wrestle with u na....abi?
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by olatade(m): 4:07pm On Oct 21, 2013
Alternative is to salute dat person tongue
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by CyyRil: 4:12pm On Oct 21, 2013
What about a smile?
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by cokerhope(m): 4:14pm On Oct 21, 2013
Slap.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by cokerhope(m): 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2013
Face Slap.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by baba11(m): 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2013
Must you shake hands? And if you must do so,watch your hands before taking in anything#FG says so!
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 21, 2013
Carry a hand sanitizer with you all the time. After shaking them, use it and kill all the germs they might have transferred to you.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by agohavivi(f): 4:32pm On Oct 21, 2013
You either hug or chop knuckles.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by jeffizy(m): 4:32pm On Oct 21, 2013
wrench:
exactly, and moreover i move away when i see people shaking hands.
Then you can't be in a board meeting.
'Tuale' or whatever you call it is more of a defeatist mentality. A sign that the other person is SUPERIOR.
Then, pls don't forget to do 'tuale' when you meet your in-laws too.
B-Y-E

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG / One COVID-19 Patient Escapes From Taraba Isolation Centre / WHO: Drinking Alcohol Does Not Cure Coronavirus, It Increases Health Risks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.