Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,053 members, 7,949,583 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 01:47 PM

What Is The Alternative To Handshake? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is The Alternative To Handshake? (18002 Views)

What Is The Alternative Cure For Hepatitis B / Baldness:the Alternative To Rogaine / Any Alternative To Brushing Teeth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:52pm On Oct 21, 2013
The Indians (Hindus) and Japanese fold hands and bow (repectively), to each other.

They dont shake hands since they forefathers considered it unclean.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by homeboy205: 9:10pm On Oct 21, 2013
wrench:
of cause he can. The "Tuale" sign is an alternative. Cos i rarely shake hands. My grandma brought me up that way.

the tuale sign looks more like a tout .... I think a knuckle is the best for guys....
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Nimen(m): 9:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
Try azz shakes it's vigorating
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by UIA04(f): 10:03pm On Oct 21, 2013
whether u shake hands or not there re stil germs on ur hand from holding money to touching the door knob, remote, nd even urslf .
So why fear?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Akinsnaira: 10:12pm On Oct 21, 2013
Always put ur hands inside ur pocket when handshaker is moving closer, it helps. Unless the person is a stubborn handshaker. This country self, some old people will want to force u to shake them, stretching out their hands and compelling u to shake them, since I heard they use that to tamper with someone's glory, I have been rejecting them stubbornly too. Some people lack courtesy, forcing someone to shake u is outright rudeness

1 Like

Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by clemmonce(m): 10:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
wrench:
dude don't make me type much. I just told u what I'll do. And even that's what i do even if I'm meeting u for the first time. People say I'm really weird, and yea i am.
dude u are unwise exactly wat people must have been telling u. so if u go for an interview and the the interviewer stretcthes his hand to shake u, u wil say no or run away. if u are meeting your gf's dad for the first time and he tries to shake u, u wil say no abi? u are wack and u are fake.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 21, 2013
A hug! I hug.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Onosbillion(m): 4:14am On Oct 22, 2013
Tell dem dat boko haram now uses handshake as a new and silent method of killing and destruction. Tell dem a never-existed story of how about 32 people died misteriously in Bornu after having handshakes with unknown men (suspected to be members of Islamist Sects)... LOL! Wit dis... Trust 9ja na, everybody will run 4 their lives. Hahaha!
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Vivly(f): 5:42am On Oct 22, 2013
komek:

You are?
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by abinsco25(m): 6:03am On Oct 22, 2013
grin Slapping,
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by alexvatt(m): 6:50am On Oct 22, 2013
alala dakosta: first attack!
same to ladies
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by alexvatt(m): 6:54am On Oct 22, 2013
Vivly: Some guys'll just stop by the roadside, open thier fly, urinate, zip up and then want to shake you. Wetin!
same with ladies. They want to shake u with the hands they have put inside toto.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by misled: 7:03am On Oct 22, 2013
Just wink your eyes..
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 22, 2013
coupling
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by wrench: 7:55am On Oct 22, 2013
jeffizy:
Then you can't be in a board meeting.
'Tuale' or whatever you call it is more of a defeatist mentality. A sign that the other person is SUPERIOR.
Then, pls don't forget to do 'tuale' when you meet your in-laws too.
B-Y-E
This's Me, We're Different.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 22, 2013
Lol so many funny comments..as 4 me I carry a sanitizer and baby wipe all the time and like someone said u will be called a freak but I don't care cuz 'm easily irritated so I do anytin for my comfort.
I'm one of those who support d cashless policy after I saw a mad woman cleaning her butt with d naira shocked! O boy tru out my 1week stay in Lagos I refused to touch any money that wasn't in my wallet or from the ATM!

Imagine shaking som1 like this undecided

Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by sugaarbear(m): 8:41am On Oct 22, 2013
So wat if GEJ strecthes his hands to yu for a shake...you go give am chop nockkle?
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by sugaarbear(m): 8:44am On Oct 22, 2013
peppy luv: Lol so many funny comments..as 4 me I carry a sanitizer and baby wipe all the time and like someone said u will be called a freak but I don't care cuz 'm easily irritated so I do anytin for my comfort.
I'm one of those who support d cashless policy after I saw a mad woman cleaning her butt with d naira shocked! O boy tru out my 1week stay in Lagos I refused to touch any money that wasn't in my wallet or from the ATM!

peppy luv: Lol so many funny comments..as 4 me I carry a sanitizer and baby wipe all the time and like someone said u will be called a freak but I don't care cuz 'm easily irritated so I do anytin for my comfort.

....are yu telling us thatthe money in the Atm are germs free??
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Ruq: 8:52am On Oct 22, 2013
sugaarbear: ....are yu telling us thatthe money in the Atm are germs free??

you know they dry clean them before they they give us to take, they care.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 22, 2013
you can move around with hand sanitizers in compressed containers and spray your hands when you shake someone.

it smells good and is also antiseptic
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 22, 2013
do it like this @OP

1 Like

Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by XLR8(m): 10:31am On Oct 22, 2013
Do u knw what dogs do wen dey wanna greet?..dey sniff each others ASS..u gaiz can try dat for a change.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by santafe(m): 10:33am On Oct 22, 2013
@op

Chop knuckle
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by chidanzy(m): 10:35am On Oct 22, 2013
Lol.... you too rub dettol before and after handshakes ....:-P :-D
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Aduns(f): 10:58am On Oct 22, 2013
my people pls me too i wanted to post on nairaland page but i dont know how to go about it,pls help me out
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by LordReed(m): 11:23am On Oct 22, 2013
wrench:
don't u think it's disrespectful to shake an elderly person? What i do is give them my back to pat. I politely tell them "Ah Sir na ur pikin i be oo" and then bend for them to pat my back.

grin grin grin grin cheesy

From across a desk while the person is seated? I don't think so.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Crixina(f): 11:26am On Oct 22, 2013
remmyton: I hav dis habit of washin my hands b4 I eat and to wipe my fone clean wit my handkerchief afta washin my hand

I notice smppl wu clean their hands on dia clothes afta washin it, its stil wrong bc ur clothes r not Clean, it has come in contact wit dusts, so I wil advice d op to wash ur hand afta a handshake n always b4 u put anytin in ur mouth, there r satchet water retailers arnd wia u can buy n wash ur hand wit afta a handshake
water bills are just about to skyrocket.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Sophiatabitha(f): 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2013
Hugs or u blow the person a kiss.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Benefits Of Walking 30 Minutes Daily / Opinion: Should Euthanasia Be Legal Or Illegal? / Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.