Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,387 members, 7,971,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 09:32 AM

Nba Season '08/09 - Sports (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Season '08/09 (72292 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / NBA Season 2010/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 6:09am On Dec 21, 2008
Seun:

Mark Cuban is my man.  please stop wishing him harm.

we all knew you had a little sugar in your tank. you need jesus and not mark cuban's loving.  grin

am i am shocked at what is happening to the lakers. it seems kobe may need to go back to alpha ball hogging mode. this team shit aint working.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 6:15am On Dec 21, 2008
The team thingy worked for them last season and they were one big happy family but to lose by 2 pts to Heat and then 3 to Orlando magic in a space of 3 days is quite drastic. For crying out loud, Magic outplayed them in the 3rd quarter by 10 points. I just want to know what Jackson is doing about it. The guy might be getting quite old though
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 6:23am On Dec 21, 2008
chei, . . .see serious backstabbing, moonstone praying for me to shed tears, tot we were on d same side a while ago, no worries
but do u think ur hornets are strong enough to face up to d celts and cavs, it would be better to leave the task to lakers grin grin grin grin
CP3 was on fire!!!!!!he runnin things

as for d lakers, lets just see what action jackson will take
but i must say, i expected more impact from bynum this season, season is still long so he better buckle up
also orlando must be given credit, i've noticed their improvement since, they've definitely stepped up a gear this season and they are enjoying it, they have a well-balanced team
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 6:32am On Dec 21, 2008
lai-lai:

chei, . . .see serious backstabbing, moonstone praying for me to shed tears, tot we were on d same side a while ago, no worries
but do u think ur hornets are strong enough to face up to d celts and cavs, it would be better to leave the task to lakers grin grin grin grin
CP3 was on fire!!!!!!he runnin things

as for d lakers, lets just see what action jackson will take
but i must say, i expected more impact from bynum this season, season is still long so he better buckle up
also orlando must be given credit, i've noticed their improvement since, they've definitely stepped up a gear this season and they are enjoying it, they have a well-balanced team
How would I backstab one of my fave opponents? We were on the same side when Hornets were misbehaving because Lakers and Mavericks are the the only team I can stand in the West apart from Hornets.
My Hornets will train themselves. Most of them are young - CP3 only 23 and they have a young dynamic coach. At their prime, they will defeat Lakers, Cavs and Celtics with ease. cheesy cheesy cheesy CP3 is amazing and he showed himself tonight along with Chandler and D. West.

Orlando has improved. I give them that. Same with Heat. I see D. Wade is just blazing through with his team. A lot of teams have stepped up this season and it's very encourageing.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by H2O2: 6:45am On Dec 21, 2008
blah blah blah. Iya alakata is at it again.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 8:51am On Dec 21, 2008
orloando are kinda different from heat, heat depend too much on wade, when he's off-form, they always lose
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 12:27pm On Dec 21, 2008
lai-lai:

orloando are kind of different from heat, heat depend too much on wade, when he's off-form, they always lose
What is it with y'all and Eastern teams? the Pistons,Pacers,Heat and now Magic! what would happen when you meet the big shots of that conference in the Cavs and the Celtics?

You guys should stop talking down on Rondo he had a very good sophomore season forget that he was surrounded by K.G and Pierce he still had to play his part and he did especially if you look at his playoff numbers the fact is he runs transition O and their fastbreaks very well and is also a very good defender for his height of 6'1.Rondo is a very important player for the Celts and could be for years to come
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 5:18pm On Dec 21, 2008
H2O2:

blah blah blah. Iya alakata is at it again.
Dude, back off!
Watch some b-ball! Then maybe you'll be welcome here.
lai-lai:

orloando are kind of different from heat, heat depend too much on wade, when he's off-form, they always lose
Yeah but as teams, they have all improved though. That's why I specified D. Wade.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 5:59pm On Dec 21, 2008
jameer nelson is kinda underrated. not a true point guard but he has some heart

maybe it's a psychological thing after the injury. i still believe the lakers would be the top team by the end of the season
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by doyin13(m): 9:29pm On Dec 21, 2008
bawomolo:

jameer nelson is kind of underrated. not a true point guard but he has some heart

maybe it's a psychological thing after the injury. i still believe the lakers would be the top team by the end of the season

well jameer nelson has been playing lights out ball this December, and his distribution and control of the game worthy
of any ''point guard''. I am happy for him. made noise with delonte west at in the Big Dance with some small school and
now doing it big in the Nba.

U hit the nail on the head about bynum. seems like a mental thing.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 10:38pm On Dec 21, 2008
bawomolo:

jameer nelson is kind of underrated. not a true point guard but he has some heart

howard is the kind of guy nelson needs for his style of play well so i ain't surprised, he's stepped up a notch too

u probably right about bynum but i see reluctancy in jackson to give him reasonable minutes sometimes, he needs those minutes, lakers needs him to have those minutes

hawks dey run things too, they just beat pistons, one of their rivals for playoff positions
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:55am On Dec 22, 2008
The Pistons have been panyan since they got A.I at this rate they may not make the first 4 seeds if something is done

@lai-lai
You have still not explained your problems with Eastern Conference teams
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 2:13am On Dec 22, 2008
oh, wanted to say something about that but it slipped off my mind
yeah, its puzzling too but i'll say its probably just a coincidence becos those teams barely have anything in common or it could be the fact that lakers tend to be more focused, trying to prove their superiority over the western conference when playing western teams

whatdya think?
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 3:03am On Dec 22, 2008
Hmm still i think as the Premier team in the West they still have to make a statement especially after losing to the Celts in last years Finals and talking about the Celts their abominable run continues they have now won 18 straight as it stands now they are really having a go at the Bulls 72-10 regular season record
The Cavs are also beating the Thunder and my Mavs beat the Wizards
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 8:33am On Dec 22, 2008
i really think the celts are playing with that record in mind otherwise they would be cutting us some slack once in a while
lets just be watchin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:11pm On Dec 22, 2008
The scary thing is unlike the Mavs who had a good record and bottled it up in the playoffs these Celts have actually tasted glory and would probably know how to navigate their way through the East
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2008
A-40:

Hmm still i think as the Premier team in the West they still have to make a statement especially after losing to the Celts in last years Finals and talking about the Celts their abominable run continues they have now won 18 straight as it stands now they are really having a go at the Bulls 72-10 regular season record
The Cavs are also beating the Thunder and my Mavs beat the Wizards
Ehn? I reject in Jesus' name.
Abeg A, quick quick retract those words.
If that should happen, I will insist that they should all be tested for steroids!
lai-lai:

i really think the celts are playing with that record in mind otherwise they would be cutting us some slack once in a while
lets just be watchin  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
You people should stop saying this now! People like us are praying for them to lose. Y'all are thinking of record. It must not and cannot happen. Hmmmm. . . that would be disastrous. Although they are playing some amazing b-ball.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:59pm On Dec 22, 2008
@Moonstone
From all looks of thins it seems they are as they have simply refused to lose their percentage is 0.93 or something and from the looks of things they are very very on course
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2008
A-40:

@Moonstone
From all looks of thins it seems they are as they have simply refused to lose their percentage is 0.93 or something and from the looks of things they are very very on course
They will crash and burn. After some time, overconfidence will catch them. They have just played 28 games. They have 54 games left to play. I am sure they will at least lose 5 more within the first 3 months of next year. AT LEAST!
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 4:29pm On Dec 22, 2008
mehn . . . too much bad belle in here shocked grin
Look people, resistance is futile cool, just bow now to the supremacy of the Celtics and I promise you won't feel so bad when they raise that trohpy in June cool

Me I don't even care about the breaking the bulls record, and I'm learning not to care about winning streaks . . . side effects from the Pats SB loss. I just want them to stay HEALTHLY and make it into the postseason intact. Davis was in a car accident sunday . . . sad this yeye snow is just screwing things up.

Someone mentioned the Pistons . . . I think they'll get better as the season turns and still be top 4.

The Elton Brand deal is not looking so hot right now, dude is out for a month. I considered them a serious threat prior to the season, but they have been disappointing. Iguodala signed the deal but is not producing.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2008
Rondo played wonderfully last night. who said something again?? Oh aiight.

check out them lay-ups man. Hey, everybody is not a 3-point shooter but Rondo sure plays his role nicely.

He bagged about 22 points all by his lonesome self. smiley so proud of him!!

Shout out to Big baby .::. Get well soon, Celtics ain't the same without you, really. I love that big man. cheesy
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 12:20am On Dec 23, 2008
All lakers have to do is continue their losing streak for 2 more games and Hornets will be right up there with them. We face them on Tuesday and I'm quite nervous about that.

For Denver, Anthony is injured and cannot play the next two games. Maybe they will still be able to rise above this.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 2:48am On Dec 23, 2008
The Pistons do have a problem and they need to sort it out ASAP.The Hawks have improved and the 1st 3 spots are almost a given for Boston,Cleveland and Orlando the 4th spot is probably their best shot and right now it seems Atlanta has other ideas
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 2:55am On Dec 23, 2008
Celts their abominable run continues they have now won 18 straight as it stands now they are really having a go at the Bulls 72-10 regular season record

abegi let's get further in the season before putting the bulls name in vain. i think they would fade a bit.

Iguodala signed the deal but is not producing

he and luol deng are in the same league. caddies and not worth maximum money
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 8:36pm On Dec 23, 2008
bawomolo:

abegi let's get further in the season before putting the bulls name in vain. i think they would fade a bit.
   Think again brotha, think again  cool

he and luol deng are in the same league. caddies and not worth maximum money
They're probably waiting until they're in another contract yr and then they'll start playing hard again.

Phil Jackson is complaining about the Lakers schedule . . . played yday, will play today, fly home christmas eve and then face the Celtics next day.
  My question is this: will he be complaining if the Celtics & Hornets were bad teams?  tongue Abeg he should stop setting the table of excuses why they'll lose come thursday  grin  cool Every team in the NBA plays 3games in 4nights etc, every team has their stretch of a "tough schedule". Please no whining in basketball.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 9:10pm On Dec 23, 2008
JeSoul:

Phil Jackson is complaining about the Lakers schedule . . . played yday, will play today, fly home christmas eve and then face the Celtics next day.
  My question is this: will he be complaining if the Celtics & Hornets were bad teams?  tongue Abeg he should stop setting the table of excuses why they'll lose come thursday  grin  cool Every team in the NBA plays 3games in 4nights etc, every team has their stretch of a "tough schedule". Please no whining in basketball.
What is wrong with that man sef? LOL! He's just hating jare and looking for excuses in advance. Some teams have relaxed schedules now but will be more hectic towards the end. The way I see it, they should thank their stars for this. Let him complain well, no amount of complaints will change the schedule.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 9:12pm On Dec 23, 2008
Hey yal. . . . . been awhile hasn't it. tongue
You know I would drop a lil Rocket spirit right about now but I'm still trying to get over that Lakers losing streak. Mayne my baby Kobe and ko are just aghhhh cry
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 3:44am On Dec 24, 2008
Who would stop Boston and Cleveland
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by shaq32: 7:42pm On Dec 24, 2008
Truth be told. i dont c anyone stopping the cavs or the celtics. Lebron is getting better by the second and playing lesser minutes while the celts are just the celts. one hell of a great team that practically has it all. great defense and offense.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 11:57pm On Dec 24, 2008
leave them, they'll meet in the final, only one team can win it grin grin grin grin

lakers stepped up against hornets, thought they'll misbehave again
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 11:58pm On Dec 24, 2008
by the way merry xmas to y'all
have a wonderful festive season
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 2:49am On Dec 25, 2008
lai-lai:

leave them, they'll meet in the final, only one team can win it grin grin grin grin

lakers stepped up against hornets
, thought they'll misbehave again
I don't blame you at all. . . if Peja was on, it would have been a different story.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (101) (Reply)

#endsars : Arsenal's Mesut Ozil Joins Campaign / Photos Of The 3-Bedroom Apartment Chioma Ajunwa Got From Lagos Government / Nigeria Vs Senegal: AYC 2015 Final (1 - 0) On 22nd March 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.