Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,416 members, 7,971,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 11:20 AM

Nba Season '08/09 - Sports (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Season '08/09 (72293 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / NBA Season 2010/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 5:43am On Dec 25, 2008
Moonstone:

I don't blame you at all. . . if Peja was on, it would have been a different story.
'

u really really sure about that? grin grin grin grin
CP3 was followed everywhere
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 8:10pm On Dec 25, 2008
Merry Christmas y'all grin grin

There's amazing NBA action tonight and we have the big one the Celtics vs Lakers i am sure its gonna be all out war especially in Frontcourt with K.G/Perkins/Powe vs Gasol/Bynum and Odom
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 10:37pm On Dec 25, 2008
moonstone, hornets got really burnt tonight by magics,
also shows the strength of the east now
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 10:39pm On Dec 25, 2008
anticipating a hotly contested lakers-celts but i feel celts will win it
(definitely hope i'm wrong grin grin grin grin grin grin )
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 11:16pm On Dec 25, 2008
What a fantastic win by the spurs! OmG! That was crazy. Better luck @ Suns lipsrsealed

And the Celtics about to take it, I cannot wait!

Oh yea, Merry Xmas yall.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 11:28pm On Dec 25, 2008
Well its 1-1 The Suns have beaten the Spurs this year too but the Hornets kind of disappointed me 68 points in 4 quarters WTF shocked shocked they played like an NCAA TEAM and it only goes to show the East is looking stronger than the West so far this season as Orlando have beaten LA,Dallas,San Antonio and now New Orleans
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 11:35pm On Dec 25, 2008
Oo really?? Well, I haven't been following the games, Haha, I only watch my celtics most of the time.

Who's watching Celtics @ LAL?
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 11:40pm On Dec 25, 2008
i'm watching the game, and am looking for kobe to take over. kobe looks hungry early in the game.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 11:47pm On Dec 25, 2008
Hungry for some whooping, right? Lololol, Lemme be quiet for now, I'm too tensed up:: I reserve my comments till game is over.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 12:06am On Dec 26, 2008
The Lakers are really playing with some intensity they seem eager to avenge for what the Celtics did to them in the Finals,Ariza and Vujacic have been magical from the bench
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 12:08am On Dec 26, 2008
chiogo:

Hungry for some whooping, right? Lololol, let me be quiet for now, I'm too tensed up:: I reserve my comments till game is over.

celtics must lose cheesy
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by H2O2: 12:51am On Dec 26, 2008
Go Lakers! Fuuckk the celtics
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:08am On Dec 26, 2008
The Celts seem to be turning this around
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:18am On Dec 26, 2008
Lakers up by 4 and it seems the frontcourt is coming to the party Odom and Gasol have been playing really well only Bynum has been quiet so far and WTF is Odom doing knocking back to back 3 pointers?
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 2:00am On Dec 26, 2008
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE LEPRECHAUNS HAVE BEEN STOPPED!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Damn Lucky Charms self hahahahahaha grin grin grin grin

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The stopped the Rockets Winning streak now theirs has been DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now where is that Jesolo na tongue tongue tongue Na Chi girl tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 2:10am On Dec 26, 2008
The Zen Master reaches 1000!!! And the abominable winning streak comes to an end

This is the team defense the Lakers should be showing if they really want that Championship,Kobe was majestic as usual and most Lakers fans would be wondering why Gasol did not put in as much effort in Game 4 of the Finals and the entire series last season as he was sizzling on both ends of the floor tonight especially in the 4th

Ariza's dunk was just a killer
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 2:20am On Dec 26, 2008
it was a real interesting game, hope the lakers can maintain that level of concentration and defence when it really matters
but it was a lovely xmas present. . . . .just as i was thinkin that one of gasol or bynum really needs to step it up for us to have a chance, gasol pops up with game-winning plays
i was liked the fact that bynum stayed longer in the fourth than usual, that was helpful defensively

on d celts, they are still the def champs and despite this defeat, their record is still 27-3 so they neednt worry too much, u gats lose sometimes grin grin grin grin grin
also their bench might need one or two addition which i hope they wont get just to make sure
till we meet again

its up to the rest of the league to worsen the record grin grin grin grin grin
we definitely have something to wait for in the finals i think

merry xmas
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 2:26am On Dec 26, 2008
Damn! Oo well, Lakers can rejoice now. But their asses still lagging behind anyway. My brother really thinks Big baby should be removed. I don't think so but Celtics did not bring their best game tonight. It was a home game for LA so obviously, they should have some advantages.

Like Lai_lai said, you win some and you lose some. The season hasn't gone far yet. It's the championship that really matters at the end of the day. Hahaha, look at this Onyinye chick, better support your texas people first.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 9:01am On Dec 26, 2008
Seriously what is wrong with the West? only Dallas,L.A and San Antonio have winning streaks  shocked shocked

And when on earth do the Wizards plan on beating the Cavs in anything?Despite Agent Zero's injury they still have all-star material in Jamison and Butler how they have managed to be so piss-poor this season really beats me
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2008
A-40:

Seriously what is wrong with the West? only Dallas,L.A and San Antonio have winning streaks  shocked shocked

And when on earth do the Wizards plan on beating the Cavs in anything?Despite Agent Zero's injury they still have all-star material in Jamison and Butler how they have managed to be so piss-poor this season really beats me

have you seen what the wizards have started at PG and Center, yuck.

i like the lakers when kobe is on his game, he needs to stop deferring to his caddies.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 3:25am On Dec 27, 2008
bawomolo:

have you seen what the wizards have started at PG and Center, yuck.

i like the lakers when kobe is on the game, he needs to stop deferring to his caddies.

he has too sometimes, some defences against him don't even allow air to pass
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 11:35pm On Dec 27, 2008
Now this is not fair everyone was hyperventilating about the Boston and Lakers game some days back between the best of the east and best of the west and tonight the worst of the east Wizards and the worst of the west Oklahoma Thunder are playing and no one is talking about it na wa ooh grin grin

The Celts have lost two straight now and play Sacramento next i hope they don't plan on losing to all the teams in California sha
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 11:51pm On Dec 27, 2008
onyinye2:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE LEPRECHAUNS HAVE BEEN STOPPED!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Damn Lucky Charms self hahahahahaha grin grin grin grin

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The stopped the Rockets Winning streak now theirs has been DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now where is that Jesolo na tongue tongue tongue Na Chi girl tongue tongue tongue
AMEN to that Sister!

@ Lailai - thank you o! May they burn the lakers too cheesy cheesy cheesy
H2O2:

Go Lakers! Fuuckk the celtics
OH MY GOSH! We agree on half of something. . . H2O2 has given his life to Christ.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 11:58pm On Dec 27, 2008
moonstone:
their fire no get effect on us grin grin grin grin

i guess the celts can start kissing the bulls record bye-bye already and get ready to face the battle for top spot in the east(which i though was totally secured) grin grin grin
xmas has not been good for them
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 2:21am On Dec 28, 2008
Hahaha, very funny @lai-lai, well honestly, Xmas hasn't been good to the Celtics. They're still the best regardless! Don't care what y'all say! tongue

@A-40, yes, I really hope they don't lose to all the cali teams. Shoot! I can't even believe they lost to the Golden state warriors, very disappointing considering that their best players weren't even in that game, according to my brother. Btw, what's your team, dallas mavs, right? I needa make note of the haters. Lolz
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 10:48pm On Dec 28, 2008
omo, d way teams dey battle into overtime and double overtime no be joke, these teams are ready to die on the court, nobody wan carry last
imagine grizziles trying to tire the old men, spurs, unfortunately, experience was a factor
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 12:45am On Dec 29, 2008
Nice one Mavs its nice to see that other members of the team can step up in the absence of Dirk especially J.J Barea that dude has been so impressive i want to see him get more minutes 17 points and 4 assists in 28 minutes say it all thats optimal production.Please we don't want Devean George in that rotation he is about the most useless player in the damn league

@chiogo
LOL we want the ring too
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 4:47pm On Dec 29, 2008
lol . . . look at all these yeye people cheesy grin I see your bad belle finally worked jazz on the C's on christmas day angry men now lakers fans go get mouth talk. Anyways I fit console myself say na we still dey wear the ring for our finger grin

Onyinye so you're still hurting from we ending your 22-game streak last yr? girl move on! grin the difference is we don't care about streaks, na ring we go dey count for our finger come june. Amen to ring #2!

Moonstone, girl you should be worried about your Hornets . . . they are nowhere close to championship material, and Onyinye that goes for your gas-less Rockets cool.

A-40:

Now this is not fair everyone was hyperventilating about the Boston and Lakers game some days back between the best of the east and best of the west and tonight the worst of the east Wizards and the worst of the west Oklahoma Thunder are playing and no one is talking about it na wa ooh grin grin
hehe that is true talk my brotha, true talk cool
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2008
@Jesoul
Y'all blew out the Kings sha so nothing do una but beware of the Cavs they are 16-0 at home and are really gonna run y'all close and could overtake you sef
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2008
A-40:

@Jesoul
Y'all blew out the Kings sha so nothing do una but beware of the Cavs they are 16-0 at home and are really going to run y'all close and could overtake you sef
yeah it looks like they took out their anger on those poor Kings - almost 50pt victory shocked As for the Cavs, I think they'll run out of steam very soon, they can only ride on Lebron's coat tails for so long.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 8:44pm On Dec 29, 2008
Oh HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD up now Jesolo angry angry angry

Don't be talking about my babies the Rockets angry angry

Atleast my team means something. . . . . what the hell is a Celtic? tongue tongue

Yal saw that DOUBLE OVER TIME win against the Jazz which is how we going to beat them when Playoffs come around. grin grin

So say good bye to your Leprechaun Dynasty because it is the West or South who is coming over to crush your lucky charms. cheesy cheesy
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2008
I'd rather be a championship leprechaun than a wing-less Rocket that never makes it into space, but crashes and burns in every 1st rd of the playoffs  grin  cool. Leprechauns Let us UNITE!!! and shame all the naysayers grin cool
The trophy will be as green as this smiley smiley come June.

I might hold out some hope for youse but Tracy's back will flare next wk, either Artest's ankle or attitude will soon act up and Yao, well, I need not say much about the #of games he's missed past few years grin

Girl berra jump on the Lakers or Spurs bandwagon, at least they are going somewhere  grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (101) (Reply)

#endsars : Arsenal's Mesut Ozil Joins Campaign / Photos Of The 3-Bedroom Apartment Chioma Ajunwa Got From Lagos Government / Nigeria Vs Senegal: AYC 2015 Final (1 - 0) On 22nd March 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.